Let's have a Final Fantasy TCG thread

Let's have a Final Fantasy TCG thread.

So Saturday was the first official tournament of the game, held in Square Enix's London office, and the winner was a Water/Earth control deck, with Ultimecia at the helm.

The tournament was Swiss, and was using Bo1, with a 30 minute timer. At time, if the damage was equal, you both got 3 more turns (after the current turn ends), if after those 3 turns the damage is still equal, both players counted as a loss.

Also everyone who turned up got the new Promo Sephiroth (4 cost, Dark, 8K, Ability ([S][2][Dull]: Choose 1 Backup: Break it.)

Top 20 got a foil version as well.

The regular promos will start being distributed to stores soonish, the Foil might just be for high placements in Organised Play.

Organised Play is coming, and there will be player rankings et al.

Also 6 cards from the next set were shown off, and Opus II is going to be a Booster Only set, no Decks.

I've been really wanting to pick this game up and start making a deck. I play mtg, yugioh, pokemon, and force of will. Is this game pretty fun?

I work at my LGS in the US and I'm super worried about if the game can get legs here. We preordered way ahead of time and we were only able to get 2 of each starter and no boosters. So, everyone that was interested after I drummed up the hype just kinda doesn't care anymore because we cant get any product. This is what killed Dice Masters and Force of Will at my store. We get what little product we can get, nobody can play but the 6 people that got product, the people that didn't get any stop caring, and the people that did get bored because there's no players. I'm gonna keep pushing it here when we FINALLY get boosters, and I'm even passing on my personal box order just to get the product out there... but man... the struggle is too real.

Yeah, it's a fun game.
One of the lead designers was a MTG Pro-Tour champ way back, it has a few things from that.

Yeah, I heard US was getting fucked hard for stock, the issue is collectors want the stock and won't play, and scalpers know that the IP will get people paying money.

Here's the deck list for the winning deck.

Backups: 21
1 x Cosmos 1-183H
1 x Shantotto 1-107L
1 x Monk 1-120C
2 x Mustadio 1-118R
2 x Kefka 1-104H
3 x Tama 1-111C
2 x Yaag Rosch 1-174R
3 x Geomancer 1-169C
3 x Minwu 1-171H
3 x Yuna 1-176H

Forwards: 20
1 x Cloud 1-009C
3 x Cloud 1-182L
3 x Serafie 1-109R
3 x Prishe 1-116L
2 x Cecil 1-108H
1 x Guy 1-097H
3 x Ultimecia 1-152L
3 x Geomancer 1-168C
1 x Cloud of Darkness 1-158H

Summons: 9
3 x Moogle 1-172C
3 x Leviathan 1-178R
3 x Hecatoncheir 1-117R

I only play kitchen table nowadays. I would never be able to convince them to pick another game.

Is there a sealed format for this game?

Not currently, but the staff at the London event did confirm that there will be more formats coming, along with the Comprehensive Rules, and since Sealed was a format in the original Japanese release, chances are that'll be one.

Also they're totally going to have a Sealed Format so they can do Opus II launch events.

Neat.

Is there some sort of dev blog or something?

There is, but that info isn't on there yet.
I was at the tournament, so this info is first hand.

6 of the cards from the next set.

as a canadian, how fucked am i for wanting to play this?

This card game should not exist, at all. It is the most unnecessary thing I've ever seen.

You haven't seen much, have you?

The idea that a game being based on a popular genre or series isn't exactly new, man.

>Have interest on TCG and Final Fantasy
>No one in Spain wants anything to do with TCG and Final Fantasy
Im sad.

Is any of the art original? This looks so cheap and lazy just reusing old art.

At the moment, I've heard pretty fucked.

It's not the first TCG I've played based on an existing IP that recycles the art. At least it's using official renders, art and FMVs.
Granted the art style is inconsistent as a result, and will only become moreso.

>3 x Prishe 1-116L
>1 x Shantotto 1-107L

This gentleman is my nigga.

He uses Tama to play Shantotto in the opponent's turn.

1] is it possible to build decks using cards from multiple FFgames [eg a deck with cards from F10 and 8 ]?
if you can play a magitek deck id be interested
2] how well supported is the game in japan?

I was just about to post the same thing. FF has a history of having some of the best assets art assets in all of video games. Half of Pix-iv would probably do commissions for cheap/free just to get their stuff seen by such a wide audience and attached to such a prestigious IP. Half decent TCG artists are NOT hard to find.

But instead we get shitty renders.

My deck is 2, 5, 8, 10, 13 and Tactics
You can use whatever cards really.

>how well supported is the game in japan?
The original was quite well supported, but the new version, that we now have has only just launched in Japan last week.

We're totally screwed at the moment. One shop in Ontario had some online weeks ago, another in BC is doing preorders for Opus I booster boxes.

>Spanish-fag here
> 8/10 wold play

ill start playing when i can have a gilgamesh waifu deck

Define Gilgamesh Waifu Deck
My current deck is 9 Gilgameshs and 6 Lulus.

I'd buy this if all the art was done in the Nomura style.
I can't stand games where some shit is CGI and some shit is anime.

What happens when you have more than one card of them same character then?