/kdm/ /kdg/ /kdmg/ - Kingdom Death General

Old Thread: Kingdom Death is a civilization building eurogame where you get a good engine going through the games innovation system and gear up the citizens of your settlement through a tile laying minigame, and generate resources by playing a cooperative ameritrash dungeon crawler. It currently has a kickstarter going.

>which pledge do I get?
Read the kickstarter.
>how is shipping handled?
Read the kickstarter.
>what new expansions are there?
Read the kickstarter.
>why is the game not coming out till 2020?
Read the kickstarter.
>why is this Percival best girl?
Read the kickstarter.
>what is included in the Gamblers Chest?
Read the kickstarter.

Kickstarter Page: kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15/description
Adams comments: kickstarter.com/profile/poots/comments
Pledge and addon overview: vibrantlantern.com/KDM15/#pledgelevels

Other urls found in this thread:

kingdomdeath.com/wp/living-glossary/#Weapon Proficiency
coolminiornot.com/350515?browseid=17920383
coolminiornot.com/403803?browseid=17920398
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

shit op, shit thread

New thread? That means it's time to have a contest of who can be the most autistic and create 5 more threads at once and tell people to go into another thread.

>Young survivor is a replacement for Saviors, she stops growing prematurely, but retains a child's ability to learn more quickly.
>All young survivors start with the Ageless trait and never trigger Age story events. They may also never ordinarily be sent on a hunt.

Your Settlement gains the following Endeavors:

>[***] Protect young survivor at camp (Gain +1 to a stat of your choice)
>[**] Make young survivor your scout so she can learn how to hunt monsters (If the Hunt is successful the Young Survivor gains a random fighting art, if the hunt is unsuccessful the Young Survivor dies)
>[*] Prepare the Young Survivor for a hunt (The Young Survivor may depart this year)

Yea or Nea?

>never able to choose a weapon proficiency that isn't specifically given to her by her parents at birth
It's shit desu.

In all honesty though, it's interesting. I like it better than the storytelling gimmick from the 1.4 lantern hoard.

More like autstic spergs need to sperg out on proper thread creation etiquette.

Basically you're a faggot.

>never able to choose a weapon proficiency that isn't specifically given to her by her parents at birth
If she has a weapon proficiency when she departs then she can change it to any other weapon proficiency per the rules on weapon proficiency.

Doesn't make those rules any less shit though. I would actively be annoyed at getting those and would prefer a regular survivor which isn't an enormous drain on endeavors.

Getting the shitposting out of the way early I see.

>over 20 lbs of pussy & ass

Well kids are a massive drain on time and effort. But if you have suggestions I'd love to hear them.

Cheerleader for the settlement that encourages everyone to work hard and try their best?

You can't change you proficiency until you hit age 1. Teaching your kid to use an axe does not let them go "Oh okay, I'm gonna train with daggers."

Nothing in the rules says they can do so, and flavorwise it doesn't even make sense to change proficiences like that.

If you want to homebrew the game to be easier you can, just be aware that is what you are doing.

>Well kids are a massive drain on time and effort.
Not if you apply gypsy parenting pattern. Set the kid loose to... forage. Reward if it brings something of value, punish if it brings nothing or gets caught but you can still get it back. If the child gets lost completely, just make a new one.

>Kingdom Death is a civilization building eurogame
Why are we posting in a troll thread and pretending it's the general thread?

If you care about the OP post you're probably autistic.

>>never able to choose a weapon proficiency that isn't specifically given to her by her parents at birth
>It's shit desu.
I did not think of that, what if there was an exception that allowed them to gain weapon proficiency, probably after the first or second options are used.

>[***] Nominate a survivor. That survivor cannot endeavor this settlement phase and must skip the next hunt. Young Survivor gains +1 weapon proficiency. If they do not have a weapon proficiency, gain one now.

Potentially dumb question, I backed the first KS and then didn't really pay attention to the list of what all I was supposed to get. Did the bonus White Speaker get any kind of game materials like the cards in the white box? Or are KS backers supposed to wait for that along with the cards for all those promos like the messengers?

Three endeavors just to give her +1 weapon proficiency, that seems a bit steep, you could give her +1 to Strength, or Speed, or Evasion for that.

It's also risk free ranks of proficiency with no cap. Start her out on Fist and Tooth in a graves society, send out a group of sacrifices on a year with the bone witch, and you get rid of the bone witch and get 2 ranks of proficiency at next to no cost and are well on your way to mastery. That's actually super fucking powerful.

>You can't change you proficiency until you hit age 1. Teaching your kid to use an axe does not let them go "Oh okay, I'm gonna train with daggers."
>Nothing in the rules says they can do so, and flavorwise it doesn't even make sense to change proficiences like that.
>If you want to homebrew the game to be easier you can, just be aware that is what you are doing.
This is patently false. Go reread the weapon proficiency section again. Anybody with a weapon proficiency can change their proficiency when they depart for a hunt. It states it very plainly in very simple English.

kingdomdeath.com/wp/living-glossary/#Weapon Proficiency
It specifically says Age Milestone 1.

Let me take a picture for your dumb ass.

>lose all accrued levels of weapon proficiency, including weapon specializations
I notice it doesn't mention Masteries, if you master the weapon does that mean you can switch penalty free?
I assume the answer is no, but I'd like confirmation.

The next paragraph seems to indicate that they would keep the mastery even if they changed weapon proficiencies, yeah. Interesting point. As long as the settlement still has the innovation, the master "keeps the full benefits of the mastery".

You could lose the innovation through a variety of ways, of course. At which point I guess even if you hadn't changed their proficiency then they wouldn't have the mastery bonus? That's... odd as hell.

Well, unsupported weapon mastery innovations CAN exist in the settlement (after all, the Hand can give you one), but IIRC it's pretty clear that a dead master removes the mastery. For resetting, it's unclear, so by Rule of Death I'd say you lose it.

Ignore me.

Oh god they're hideous. They look cute in the art, but put them on a model and eugh.

It may be related to the paintjob, seeing as that painter made the fur look like stone.

Glasses are hard to do in general. I'm going to be doing several practice runs with greenstuff before trying to apply it directly to a face.

A weapon mastery is essentially like an innovation. If you have a Sword Mastery, everyone gets the benefit, even if the master dies.

Not just "essentially" -- it actually is an innovation. It would even count towards triggering the first Hooded Knight visit if you somehow got one so soon.

Besides if the glasses look dumbo, can always try making some with wire. Get crafty bois.

These are going to be hard to paint, aren't they? *rimshot

knowing KD they are probably a separate piece anyway.

Why does she have pink hair

Even though his color choice is somewhat atrocious and the rest of it is mediocre, I cannot fucking for the life of me get blends like that on the skin tone.

To go with the problem glasses.

On more serious note - she has them in the artwork, whoever painted the mini just tried to follow it blindly.

I like that unlike the artwork, the mini has skirt long enough not to show her underwear. For the ambiguity if there is any in the first place.

I'm not even sure I can find a wire thin enough for my gal. I'm not doing really thick frames like Rammy or Wicke from pokemon, or even hipster-level of thickness. I'm trying to aim for normal-ass-frame level of thickness.

On Rammy, I think it's separate because they're so large, likely attach to the headwear. On other models, they're sculpted onto the face, and sometimes come with a second head.

The nigtmare ram pinup has two heads ( the resin one anyways) one with glasses and one without. The glasses head is in two pieces: The bottom of the head (ends just above the eyes) and the top of the head with the glasses hanging down from the hair.

Guitar strings.

Shit plastic from Poot
>people paying 50 USD for this
KD is a fucking scam

Are you the same user that was too retarded to use plastic cement correctly?

All these "wet nurse pin-up mistakes" pics makes me want to build mine to compare :/

No, i'm not, just look at the fucking neck

I'm Looking at my spru....there's nothing like that on it. You dun goofed son.

>IMG_4005.jpg
Yeah. Sure. I totally believe you.

Build it build it build it

>Looking at my spru
Just try to put her head onto her body

Kk, lemme get some shit, I'll cut them and do a dry fit for you guys and let you know what I find. I can't currently build it fully, playing dnd, only have a minute. Brb with what I find.

It only take about 10 minutes to build her

The plot thickens. But not as thick as applied glue to his model

Does that time estimate account for taking a break to masturbate over her ass?

How? i use a toothpick to applied the glue. It just the neck look really different than this pic

Why the fuck i jerk off to minis? full figure is better

Ok, I did a dry fit with the head. Shit fits fine, there's nothing wrong with it. I have no idea how you got it to look like that

At first i thought it her collab but it not

Post pic

I did a dry fit, its not glued.

Is it resin or plastic? Assuming plastic by the look of the other one posted.

Yeah, I got the plastic one.

Why not just glue it? it fit perfectly when i'm dry fit her too.

user, if it fit perfectly when you dry fit, and then not when you glued it... then you done fucked up.

Post the best painted KD:M minis you've seen. I wanna see some gorgeous shit.

No i mean it perfectly fit the slot

Here. If anything, on mine, I have a little gap at the front, but honestly that's probably shaving a little excess on my part. But as you can see, fits fine.

So is either a miscast or he did something to fuck it up. Since it's not near a parting line or a void it's probably not a miscast.

Mine is fit the line exactly like you too when i'm glueing it

Guitar strings don't take bends well enough for the tiny rectangles I need to make. I'd have to get jewlers wire or something.

However, I have greenstuff, and tiny hollow rectangles aren't complex, it's just going to require practice.

I got mine out and glued the head on, just for you. Everything looks fine, despite my shitty cellphone camera's inability to focus. Could probably use a drop of liquid green stuff to hide the hairline seam in what's supposed to be a smooth uniform, but no overhang. Are we sure those other pictures aren't chinese recasts?

Post pics please! I havn't gotten mine yet, and I'd like to have a cutie-pie glasses girl too T-T

Your look very different than mine, i mean the line between the head and the body

Yeah, see, these look identical, I guess other guys just bunked it up. (I should take picks like you....blue tack and a pin to show...no fingers >.> )

You misunderstand(or misreplied), I do not have a model of the Nightmare Ram pinup, I'm practicing to prepare to sculpt glasses onto another figure's head. (one from the cloth survivors sprue, aka the head and lantern sprue)

The head itself is for a nonKDM model conversion, a lady in a big poofy dress and some armor.

Gotta ask, what's the best expansiond of the last edition?

Dragon. Most expensive too.

Ah, I misunderstood. Still, pics are cool >.> heh, hope to see it in /wip/ Good luck on your conversion.

Yes.

Then you done fucked up, simple as that. The resin didn't magically change between the dry fit and the glue.

Dragon > Sunstalker > DBK

I'd suggest getting Gorm before DBK but DBK is definitely a "better" expansion.

Best flower knight out there: coolminiornot.com/350515?browseid=17920383

Dung beetle: coolminiornot.com/403803?browseid=17920398

Well, after some fixing it look like this now. Anyway, i'm probably will buy another one, this is the first time i had trouble with KD minis, fucking hell.

Take one with it in focus instead of your fingers so we can try to figure out what happened

>makes a kickstarter with an all in level for 2000$
>adds a new item and says that people who are all in don't get it
>changes the price of items and removes addons without making an update about it
>you have to give him all the money RIGHT NOW no pledge manager addons allowed
Why the fuck is this even getting funding? This is literally a scam, but kickstarter won't do anything because they are getting a cut of his scam money anyway.

It just the neck

What items did he change the price of? Not doubting you, I just haven't been keeping up.

which we cannot see as it is completely out of focus in the pics you've posted.

>>changes the price of items and removes addons without making an update about it
?

He was considering adding something to the Gambler's Chest which would necessitate changing its price if it was bought as an addon. But, some people suggested limiting it to one per pledge level and he said he might do that instead. He hasn't made a solid decision yet; depends on the quotes he gets from the manufacturer. He might not even end up adding the thing that necessitates the change.

Hopefully it's a monster.

>scam money
Poots may be incompetent, but he's no scammer.

Playing through my first game on TTS with nognoths mod. I can't seem to find any instructions past the first story, other than stuff pertaining to the various events and setups...specifically, I'm at the hunt phase now I believe and I find anything about how it works, just how to setup the lions specific hunt. It mentions terrain tiles in a standard setup and I've no idea what that means.

Is there a specific section of the mod I need to look to find the full rulebook? Is there a pdf scan somewhere online? Does the mod suck and I'm shit out of luck if I don't know how to play?

Find the rulebook online (it's not that hard) and read it. You really don't want to be playing the game without having thoroughly read the core rules.

It's also more convenient than using the in-mod rule tablets, especially if you have two monitors.

Fine here

>using nogoths mod
>survivor sheets can be minimized to keep the whole settlement off to the side in an easy to reference format
Nice
>they are fucking BAGS for some reason and when you go to enlarge one it just gets sucked into another one
What the fuck? Who thought that would be a good idea?

Looks fine now. Good job fixing user.

No update today?

The little camps are what I use to store spare character sheets.

The minimized character sheets being bags is handy to put that character's cards and cursed gear in. Minimize them, put their items in, maximize, put in camp bags.

I'd die of happiness if it was a mini xpack or nemesis or something.

Yeah but it's nice being able to see the characters info at a glance when picking them for stuff.

Yeah I used an excel sheet on top of it because just the in-game stuff wasn't sufficient for that very reason.