Hey Veeky Forums
Opinions on this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e6c5RZL9Skw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

A for effort

D- for practice

The thing is a 40k cartoon could work especially if based on one of the comics

At least you could find a real cover.....

Well, its boring and has no depth, neither to its characters nor to the story-arc. The latter one is really predictable and unoriginal. The animation is really, really bad and it has a lot of errors concerning w40k lore. But I am still glad they tried, was still a bit fun to watch.

>Warhammer 40k
>Ultramarines
>Depicts Black templar

Well, I give a B- for effort.

How about that Lord Inquisitor though

great soundtrack, movie becomes boring after they reach the planet (10 min in)

>40k
>depth

Dead Men Walking and 15 hours.

If you consider those deep you must think a puddle is an ocean.

Oh, I'm sorry if All quiet on the Western Front gone 40k is not 2deep4u.

>Well, its boring and has no depth, neither to its characters nor to the story-arc. The latter one is really predictable and unoriginal.
So, accurate to 40k, then.

They hired Dan Abnett to write it, and then threw half the established fluff out just to cover plotholes. It's been a while, but off of the top of my head:
>No such thing as Scouts anymore. New recruits get put straight into power armor (so they can act like complete fucking retards and it can be explained by them being inexperienced.)
>Crozius Arcanum shoots magic blue flames now.
>Chapter standard lights on fire when Daemons are nearby. Because reasons. Also the not-scouts are carrying a chapter standard.
>Apothecary not ready.

Also:
>The captain giving you his chainsword makes you the new captain.

I was sent to the premiere by beasts of war.
All the 40k blogs and big community forums had other neckbeards there to see it too so we could all be interviewed by our respected sites.

Films was okay, they did fine for a B movie with no budget. The makes were pretty humble and did Q&A with us after. Then we got to hang out with free beer.

It was kind of cool and I got to meet the producers. He invited my friend and I to go get dinner, but we had to get back to our Greyhound coach to get the last one home from London to Southampton.

They tried to make something good without it having to have all the Hollywood shit like love interest.

Could have been better, could have been worse. It has John Hurt and Terrance Stamp in it, which is a plus.

10/10 Movie, God Emperor would approve!

I dug it. I enjoyed the fact they went for more of a horror-war movie than just a straight up action movie. The CGI could be better, and the lore mistakes are weird, but it's fine.

Soundtrack was GOAT though: youtube.com/watch?v=e6c5RZL9Skw

>No such thing as Scouts anymore. New recruits get put straight into power armor (so they can act like complete fucking retards and it can be explained by them being inexperienced.)
It was kinda explained in a comic that came out with Collector's Edition.

Post more Redeemer. He's great.

>It was kinda explained in a comic that came out with Collector's Edition.
It still falls on its face that the super elite best chapter of the best soldiers in the universe have no fucking idea what they're doing... because we just skipped all their formative years... so they'd have no idea what they were doing.

It was bad. It could have been worse, but not by much. Waiting a few years and then just rendering a movie in the Space Marine game engine would have been a million times better than this ended up. At least in the game the Astartes felt like they weighed more than three pounds each.

>Ultramarines
>Has a Black Templar on the cover

m8 that's uncalled for, we know we're rolled into the ultrasmurfs, just let us be.

The actual movie, not whatever you've got a poster of?

Terrible, and I don't even know Astartes lore well enough to see most of the problems in that department. The only likeable character was the Apothecary, who EVERYONE, including the Captain who should have known better, crapped on constantly and who ended up practically fridged.

Plotwise, it was like a half-assed fanfiction where someone was ticking off (stereo)typical plot developments without putting the slightest emotion into them. And the "happy ending" grated HORRIBLY with what had happened over the course of the movie.

The German fanfilm Damnatus has a few glaring flaws, but my gosh it blows Ultramarines out of the water as a labor of love.

Whos dick I gotta suck to see all of his glory animated?

Never seen the movie, but when ever I though about how neat it would be to see a 40k movie I realize it would be impossible to make, just from the sheer amount of shit you would have to try and explain to audiences, most of whom will know nothing about 40k. Or at least it would be impossible to make something that be pleasing to anybody at all.

Dune had the exact same problem with the movie adaptation. They cut a bunch of shit, half assed a bunch of other stuff and it still came out as a barely coherent mess

Look at the Redeemer,Deff Swkadron, and even Damnation Crusade.

A 40k cartoon/movie shouldnt be about past IPs or characters but be their own thing