Hektor Heresy- Iconography Edition

We set out to write an alternate WH40k Heresy story, starring an all-new cast of Primarchs. Along the way we got new abhumans, new xenos, and all kinds of other 40k-ania that people thought were cool. You are welcome to join in.

Starting points:
1d4chan.org/wiki/The_Veeky Forums_Heresy (main project page)
1d4chan.org/wiki/Hektor_Heresy (WIP draft for the story of the Heresy, now with 0% copypasta)

Some options for people who have had enough Space Marines:
1d4chan.org/wiki/Xenos_of_the_Hektor_Heresy
1d4chan.org/wiki/Mars_(Hektor_Heresy)
1d4chan.org/wiki/Imperial_Army_(Hektor_Heresy)

Or discuss in realer time at
irc.thisisnotatrueending.com
channel: #hektorheresy

Suggested Topic: Discuss the symbols of your chapter/warband and what they mean to them.

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Blades_in_the_Dark
1d4chan.org/wiki/Second_Vetrovnak_Incursion
1d4chan.org/wiki/Vetrovnak#Early_Beginnings
1d4chan.org/wiki/Golgothos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Also, is there anybody who's willing to draw sigils for the various Legions? Last time I checked there were a few who didn't have them.

I believe that Josman can help if you ask him nicely

Good to know

I've started the chapter I was working on last thread.

I haven't given them a symbol yet, because I can't think of one. I also haven't finished writing them up yet.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Blades_in_the_Dark

Very nice job done already, if I must say.

Thanks

Is there anything you think needs improvement so far?

Well I'm not too good with feedback, but just finish up the remainder of the page and we'll see if there's anything out of place.

Since you seem to be onboard with the Vetrovnak Incursion, you can take a look at 1d4chan.org/wiki/Second_Vetrovnak_Incursion and maybe see if there's anything that you would be interested in contributing to the main story. Work on that is temporarily paused while the Heresy gets finally sorted out, but a fresh look can't hurt.

I can't draw shit right now, my wacom is broken. Again.

Looks good! I'll drop by with some formatting tips later after I get home.

Some thoughts I had on the drive home after a final:

Olmer can be a reference to Alexandria, being a center of knowledge and learning. It holds plenty of arcane knowledge too, stolen from various Legions during the Heresy. Before the planet is destroyed, it's saved by the Herald's New Librarian to be stored away. The planet has a title "The Second Terra". This is a set up for one of my future contributions, a powerful Lost and Damned Empire based on the Turks, who call their home planet "The Third Terra".

Out of interest, how long exactly was the Second Vetrovnak Incursion?

Dunno, but if you don't get an answer you could hop into the IRC and ask Rawk, she'd almost certainly know.

WHO THE FUCK IS IRONSLUG

Hasn't been settled yet. I would guess something like two to three years, long enough for the Imperium to hit a crisis point and muster a substantial response. After-effects last a lot longer, of course.

Hate to criticize your timelines again, but considering it took the imperium three thousand years to get a crusade up and going to push back the tau's expansion spheres, and they NEVER effectively pushed back against the tyranids in three centuries.

So doesn't three years seem like a *crazy* fast response time for the imperium?

WAAAGH! The Beast is about three years.

Yeah but that was also happening in segmentum solar, right next to terra and under the highlords' collective noses.

When did the second incursion begin?

What part of "Hasn't been settled yet" and "I would guess" did you fail to understand? If you want to get out the slide rules and figure out a robust chronology for the conflict, nobody is stopping you.

That is... shorter than I thought. I'll have to revise some of what I've been writing. Damn.

Do you respond to all criticism with "we aren't done yet so stop criticizing and go write your own", or are timelines just a soft spot with you?

I think it was more "we haven't worked it out yet, and are working on something else, this is a ballpark, if it bothers you work it out yourself", but I could be wrong

How do I get on IRC? It says BAD END

Step one: get an IRC client. I use BYRD because I like chrome.

Step two: input the server info ( www.thisisnotatrueending.com )

Step three: pick a nickname.

Step four: As soon as you're in, input "/join #hektorheresy"

Judging from the fact that you aren't in yet, try the following:

Make sure the channel and server are correct (channels are case sensitive).

Try using a different client.

My internet is crap, I'll try tomorrow night

No comment?

Work on the Legion Lists continues.

Legiones with a finished first draft include:
Heralds of Hektor
War Scribes
Sons of Fire
Thunder Kings
Black Augurs
Eternal Zealots

Tonight I'll be polishing up and posting the Void Angels and Steel Marshals.

I think a decade or two seems like a more reasonable time span.

See

Ongoing evidence that IRC is terrible.

Considering that the Vetrovnak retreat with their first major loss, perhaps a decade is a little short.

I meant long, perhaps somewhere around 5-10 years would be more appropriate

bump

Never bump with bump. There's plenty of content in thread to engage with.

You Lumey, I've been working on the Void Angels, and while their Rites of War and special rules are pretty much done, as far as unique legion gear and units, nothing on their page jumps out at me. Even the Chosen don't seem to be specialized enough to warrant their own unit over just using a Legion Command Squad.

My phone autocorrects yo to you.

Can't wait till we reach it.

Is that happening? I thought the implications on the vetrovnak page was that they had sterilised Ullanor in some way, so no Orks would grow there?

Wait what now

1d4chan.org/wiki/Vetrovnak#Early_Beginnings

Incident report.

>Suggested Topic: Discuss the symbols of your chapter/warband and what they mean to them.
Hmm. Admittedly I haven't created many characters, but I haven't thought much about symbols. Then again, the Four themselves kind of ARE symbols for different aspects of their respective patrons, so there's that. Don't think I've made any characters or warbands other than that. I might expand upon the Crimson Host idea a bit though.

I recall seeing somewhere in the lore that we've used Fenris for something. Do any of you recall what it's been used for?

It may have been old lore, back when things weren't as different

Technically that was just one world, not several.

I want the Steel Marshal's to have a scabbard as their symbol but I'm shit at art.

Hey can anyone take the symbol from the side of Mike Tyson's head, turn it 45 degrees and post the .png?

Since Golgothos was the head of his religion back on Sepulchra, would it make sense that he be one of the founders of the Ecclesiarchy or at least this canon's version of the Death Cult?

Didn't Golgothos live in a cave and survive off orc meat for the majority of his time on Sepulchra?

I thought he led his civilization against the zombies

1d4chan.org/wiki/Golgothos
There's that bit about how Golgothos believed that his father was or was similar to Terminus and how the religion surrounding Terminus was one that emphasized oblivion after death. I think it would make sense if our version of the Death Cult was a rebirth of Golgothos' religion within the Imperial Cult as an organization of people who want to atone for their sins by killing and dying in the Emperor's service.

Golgothos is a crazy person who hardly talks to Space Marines. How would his ideas get spread?

I was thinking that he would write some kind of scripture and that it would spread through the Entombed's interactions with average Imperials

Also, it gets spread around because the people are eager to hear the ideas of one of the sons of the Emperor. Not to the point that fatalism is integrated into the mainstream Imperial Cult, but to the point that the Death Cult is a respected, if small, minority in the Faith

Aside from the weirdness of Dreadnought Primarch Man suddenly having literary impulses and writing something coherent through the fog of rage and agony - The Entombed are also crazy people who hardly talk. Lorgar's word had a bunch of guys eager and able to carry it to the masses.

That said, you're not getting something from nothing here. At one point the writer of the Entombed wanted them to found the Ecclesiarchy although it was never spelled out how. The scaled-down version is certainly more promising, but you haven't got a solid chain of events yet.

>it gets spread around because the people are eager to hear the ideas of one of the sons of the Emperor
Would that mean a cult devoted to the writings of each of the other (Loyalist?) Primarchs? That might be too strong and probably unnecessary. You could always go with regionalism and have this cult based in the worlds near Sepulchra.

bump

If you're running with this idea, consider the differenses between Golgothos's mentality and that of the canon death cult. Golgothos is the best of men, so him founding a cult of literal serial murderers seems a bit... Out of characters.

If you keep bumping with bump I'm going to take tissue samples from your mouth and implant them into your anus along with a stem cell solution so you grow tastebuds on your asshole.

bump

...that's a good point. Maybe this wasn't the best idea.

I hate you all.

What are the height rankings for Primarchs/Important People? Also, what are our feelings about outlier lore from semi-canon sources. Stuff like the Tyrant Star from FFG.

Golgothos > Onyx > The Emperor > Most other primarchs > Pallas and Johannes > Roman Albrecht.

That's my understanding anyway.

On the subject, I've only seen one Primarch that wasn't described as "shorter than average"

Or rather, of the ones whose heights were mentioned

Or I suppose, depending on how you look at it,

Onyx > The Emperor > Most other primarchs > Pallas and Johannes > Roman Albrecht > Golgothos.

OK, I'll stop bumping with "bump".

(Polite sage for off-topic.)

Bump with content! Comment on another person's work! Contribute your own! Come up with creative ways to threaten your fellows!

Isn't Tiran supposed to be a manlet too?

Ah, I guess so. It seems he and Roman compete for the honor.

By my current reckoning, their heights would be,

Golgothos > Onyx > The Emperor > Hektor > Most other primarchs > Pallas, Johanes, and Merril > Roman and Tiran

We spend entirely too much time discussing the heights of various primarchs.

Agreed. We should spend more time discussing important things, like their blood types.

I think Voidwatcher is supposed to be among the tallest, but really skinny as far as Primarch's go.

Golgothos and Onyx are larger as far as I know.

Half the legiones are done, and tomorrow I start on the Entombed and Lifebringers if I have time.

Bumping with Josman.

What would you guys say are the tactical (not cultural) differences between the Mastadontii and the Lions Rampant? At the moment they look very similar (two traitor tank-oriented Legions).

I'm not Jos', just curious.

>What would you guys say are the tactical (not cultural) differences between the Mastadontii and the Lions Rampant?
The Mastodontii are "drive me closer, I want to hit him with my sword", the Lions Rampant are WW2-type armored warfare.

Pretty much this Mastodontii are mechanized infantry, Lions Rampant are an armored assault force.