/cyoag/ - Choose Your Own Adventure General

Be Righteous To One Another Dudes Edition

Last Thread: Pastebin: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Post CYOAs and builds, not arguments. Comment on CYOAs and builds, not shitposting.

Ignore waifufags. Ignore anti-waifufags.

Highlight the OP if you have a new CYOA indev or completed, or have an idea for one. This will help you get views and comments about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

63afd638575e0a2fbdda19bd44f65d165d6ed49c.googledrive.com/host/0B3kTDrvhIDLzay1iUmV1UmVKcmM/index.html
mrcyoa.000webhostapp.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Highlight the OP if you have a new CYOA indev or completed, or have an idea for one.
You fucked up. You want something done you do it yourself.

Unda' da sea!
Unda' da sea

Darlin' it's betta', down where it's wetta, take it from me!

Looks like Angelanon lost it again. At least she kept it in the dieing thread this time.

I remember this one having some odd unknown mystery things and some of the challenges were really lethal for a person like me.

That particular CYOA never got a page 2 (where you'd choose the eldritch bullshit that's infesting your pocket dimension). You might be thinking of the 1-year-challenge CYOA.

>Sato Chinaka
>Wants to be relied on and needed.
Does this mean she'd gladly do any/all chores (cooking, cleaning, etc)?
>The Weeb Squad
>Every single one of them is bisexual and lewd in some way.
Does this mean they might bring a guy home (or go somewhere with a guy), or that they'd be up for bedroom activities even if you were a wereboy, or both/neither/something else?
>Geralyn & Univere
>They're a perfect mix of inventors and lazy nerds.
What's the likelihood (with or without prompting/begging) of them figuring out how to let girls father children (i.e. the girl being a biological parent of the child without being pregnant with them)?
>Karen Iruga
>Expect to do rich-girl things [...]
What sort of rich-girl things are we talking about?

>Shrinking Violet
Someone else already asked this, but I don't remember seeing the answer: How long does the shrinking effect last?
>Rubber Constitution
Would the stretching effect be enough to engage in something like unbirthing (i.e. having someone crawl up your vag, maybe even take a nap or something)?
>Magitech Body Wash
>It will do whatever you could want a body wash to do [...]
I'm convinced there's a nonzero amount of people who'd want a body wash to be capable of washing away excess weight.

So legit question here.

What new thing, mechanic wise, would be good for my CYOAs?

I notice they all have a trend of, "pick class, pick skills under class" so I had an idea of:
>no skill limits (i.e. pick your skills freely, like GWOO)
>each skill has tiers
>each tier offers unique effect (generally speaking, they will be better than the previous tiers)

For example, one idea I had is the "Heavy Armour" skill:
>Tier 1
Unencumbered by weight of armour
>Tier 2
Unstoppable when charging forward while wearing heavy armour
>Tier 3
Reflect a part of everything that hits you back to the attacker

Would Veeky Forums like that more? And instead of stat bonuses to races, instead give races a free tier in some skills (like Elder Scrolls).

Also removing classes, simply letting people freely pick skills?

Sounds neat.
>Would Veeky Forums like that more? And instead of stat bonuses to races, instead give races a free tier in some skills (like Elder Scrolls).
On that note, what do you think about potentially making an Elder Scrolls CYOA in that vein?

I actually thought of an idea of a fantasy with real world nations and powers as Elder Scrolls races
>Nords are Western Europe (Teutonics)
>Bretons are Eastern Europeans (Slavonics)
>Redguards are North African, Egyptian (No idea what to name them)
>Imperials are Americans (Freemen)
>Bosmer are Mongolians (Bow-Elves? Horse-Elves? No idea)
>Orcs are Chinese (Orcientals)
>Altmer are Japanese (Sun Elves)
>Dunmer are Australians (Scorched Elves)
>Khajiit are....Indians? Middle Easterns?
>Argonians are Floridians (Gatorfolk)

The rest of Africa seems missing.
I used to try and match Master of Magic species with actual Earth races. There were more of them but it was fun.
Do it.

That seems a bit random, at least in places... For example:
>Bosmer are Mongolians (Bow-Elves? Horse-Elves? No idea)
AFAIK, the whole bosmeri thing is basically dwelling amidst trees (also sometimes cannibalism, can't remember why), and you'd make them into people of the plains?

So how exactly does spiritual transfusion work anyway? From the description it seems like you still have a physical body, so I was wondering how much of a change it actually is. Do you still age? Does, say, getting your physical body fucked up still kill you? It's a fairly big investment, even more expensive than actual immortality options. Any idea of how much it is actually worth it?

Mainly because Mongols are renowned archers, and they were not meant to be 1 to 1 ratios.

If they were everyone in Asia would be a short Altmer.

>This board is for author-driven collaborative storytelling (i.e., "Quests").

Ordion, the answer is waifus. The answer is always waifus.

Don't just do skills, turn the skills into waifu skills. You want to be good at archery? Then you get a waifu personification of archery.

There's no use fighting it. Just do waifus.

From waifus we came and to waifus we shall return

Okay then. Have you any plans for the other races present in Elder Scrolls (such as falmer and dwemer)?

I'm curious, do you have multiple IPs? Seems like a waste to make this post, get two or three responses telling you to F yourself, then get banned for a day or more.

Falmer are Jews (Just kidding)
Dwemer may fit the Japanese better actually (technologically advanced) but I may put them as something else, but I can't think of a race advanced in technology and known for their immeasurable cruelty to another race besides the Imperial Japanese and Nazi Germans.

They may be a radical faction instead, like the Thalmor, only their evil nature has twisted their very forms into something different.

>I'm curious, do you have multiple IPs?
Not him, but why would you not? Dynamic IP is the way to go.

63afd638575e0a2fbdda19bd44f65d165d6ed49c.googledrive.com/host/0B3kTDrvhIDLzay1iUmV1UmVKcmM/index.html
mrcyoa.000webhostapp.com/

I feel like the google one works only for those who have it cached.

Gonna go for a quirk build, 1d8+1d4 five times on rolz.
3, 4, 2, 6, 1
2, 4, 3, 4, 3
>The Greatsmith.
>The Traveller
>The Far-Sighted
>Natural Philosopher
>The Giver of Sanctuary.

"I wish to protect, Preserve, and Empower. I travel the cosmos granting shelter to the injured, tools to the helpless, weapons to the meek. I cannot right all the wrongs in my passing, nor should I be mad enough to try. I can put tools in the right hands however.

I will never be a savior or hero, but in my wake I leave a trail of legends, paragons and hopeful souls who might never have been without the means I provide."

Atlanteans.

what did i miss?

Questions:

Not the creator. I just reposted it because I'm working on a build.

Eh, it'll hopefully help the author notice the question post or something.

And again since that last one was half of what I normally pick anyway.
4,3 The Actively Radiant
3,4 The Beast Master
5,3 The Potent of Mind
5,4 The Meteoric
8,4 The Imperial Majesty

"The light within me sings of royal heritage from a Noble Circle beyond the furthest ring, but I hesitate to claim crowns or titles; those who I rule in truth rather than in word or deed are rarely the same after. I learned that with my first companion, and put them to rest soon after. My current steed, friend and ally shall only be those; never Servant."

"The light within lifts me up to the skies, and others who, so long as I am cautious, can soar by our side with dimmer manifestations of the inner illumination. It lifts other things, should I will it, but such displays are unwise for one already glowing with power."

"In truth I seek company, friends and family through the portals. I connect people and places and hope to bring them together in my memories, their stories and our experiences. I guide with a soft voice, not a strong fist; if I must raise a hand I have failed in my Mantle and deserve its absence in the future, but even I recognize that there are times in which a King must draw blades and blood."

"I reign with no throne nor crown, but my kingdom is vast, nigh unheard of, and to those that know of it, irrefutable."

This isn't a mechanic but I would love if you did something about the text in your cyoas.
The lines are long (many words on one line), the fontsize is tiny, there's little space between lines and the text is plain (no shadows, strokes, text boxes)... It all adds to making your cyoa unappealing to do right from the get-go.
I'm turned off by the walls of text before I even gave your cyoa a chance.

Anyone know how Slippery interacts with Hot in the Cold and not wearing a lot of clothes?

I use size 10, that's too small?

I can read it fine. I can get what you mean by the boxes though.

Not him but 12 would be nice. Thanks.

I come with a revamped build

Idrin

Male

-The Now; Watcher

--Tech Understanding levels-Mid
--Tactician
--Adokori
--Survivor
--Traveller Adept
--Pariah
--Runemaster
-- Friendly Face
-- Cheaterman
-- Reformed Man

- Traveller leathers ([Free]
- Upgrade 1 ([free]
- Combat Attire ([50]
- Everwalkers Cloth ([100]
- Traveller’s Medinah Scarf ([50]
- Yuta Brace ([Mandatory]
- Upgrade 1 ([free]
- Yuta partner Brace ([free]
- M911-Modded ([50]
- 'Pegs' ([Free]
- Basic Survival Kit ([Free]
- Basic Bag ([Free]
- ID Card ([Free]
- Shattered Yith Conscious ([200]
- Bottomless Bag ([100]
- Magical Protection Vestments ([50]
- Small Spiritual Vestments ([50]
- Psychic Paper ([20]
- Multiversal Timekeeper ([50]
- Mathery Travellers Encyclopedia Vol 1-8324 ([20]
- Traveller Corpse Soap ([50]
- Witching Bottle ([20]
- Aenathari Peach ([500]
- Runist Kit ([300]
- Hypertracia ([400]
- External Memory Box ([50]
- Leader Line ([20]
- Omni Camping Equipment ([50]
- Self Operating Cooking Gear ([10]
- Hover Bike ([free]
- Physical Formatting ([200]
- Physical Restructuring ([100]

- Notably Charitable [1 Companion at the cost of 750 Credits]
- Notorious [400 Credits
- The Renegade [400 Credits
- Disfigured Dreamer [400 Credits
- My Best Friend [500 Credits

The True Travelers

The Ubermensch Society

Marco 'Fulcanelli'
'Sam'
'Oghuz'
Disurial of Chandesh
Littimian
KRRT-482
Rick Sanchez
Sans

Tamit

> Free Traveler

The Veteran

RESCUE THE FIFTH

Transformation: Instant Girl

>Physique
Body Type: Thin
Chest Size: Girl-Sized
Butt Type: Feminine
Hips/Thigs: ZR-Bait
Height: Full-Scale

>Sexuality
Direction: THE POWER OF YURI
Dominance Coefficient: Equals Only
Libido: Powerful

>Identity
Reception: Warm Welcome
Time: Take Two

>Companions
Katherine Suragi
The Weeb Squad
Aki Nanami

>Extras
Lust Buster
Contact Corrupt
Inhuman Style
Menstrual Cancel
Social Ambivalence
Tasty Beverage
Spark Touch
Panty Curse
Feeling Fresh
Hot in the Cold
Hair Affair
Flawless Skin

>Drawbacks
Lopsided
I Want You
I Need You
Tumbleweed
Girl Power
Shrinking Violet
Inverse Chivalry
Erotic Mirror
Sharing Field
Lightweight

>Items
Bra Magic
Rubber Constitution

Hot in the old makes you comfortable regardless of outfit in -40 to 80 C*

Slippery just gives you a sweating problem. It doesn't mention temperature as a requirement; probably just means you start drenching yourself in situations when you'd normally sweat due to high temperatures (70 to 90+C*) or high exertion, while you'd have a constant sheen unless you're damn near stark-naked with a decent breeze to keep you Barely dry.

Cool! Glad to see some new takes on it. I have a complicated build using the DLC and lots of companions.. sitting in my drafts since forever. And I never have the motivation to actually post it. Maybe I'll finally finish the damn thing now.

>you are immortal
>but not really
wew

Yeah. The actual immortality option would seem to be the shapeshifting* one, or using the portal rune with the appropriate realm/dimension.

*) Since it limits to biologically possible forms, it probably affects your biology, thus allowing you to reverse the effects of aging - be it by shapeshifting into a younger form, or by altering your biology to have some of the things present in nature that allow certain creatures to live indefinitely.

You become Ice woMan, Keeper of Frost and Slayer of Giants

Yeah, I feel like the portal one is the best, though it does have some start-up time unless you get lucky.

I was looking for inspiration for a sort of kingmaker game that I am planning and thought this would be a good place to start as I could imagine someone making it into a CYOA.

I am interested in exploring different paths to power and leadership.
I'd like to provide opportunities and challenges for the players to encounter along their rise to power.

What I'm looking for is an array of the different ways one can become and stay a leader:
Personal power, fame, diplomacy, allies, intimidation, love, magic, divine right, bloodline, superstition, prophecy, coup, election, marriage, sorting hat, etc...

Does anyone know if anyone has anyone drawn up anything that I can pick over for inspiration, or do I have to stop being lazy?

sounds interesting
would it get into what you do with that power, or is that out of your purview?

Another question for Rosanon: Does "Bra Magic" work on swimwear, or is it strictly for underwear only? What about other garments that you're supposed to wear with nothing beneath (like some sexy bodysuits or whatever)?

It would totally get into using, managing, and keeping your power.
Plus, there's always bigger fish and more power.

I'll be on the move for a bit, but I'll be back.

Yet another question for Rosanon: Are you limited to a total of one magic strap-on from the future? Also can it be worn in unconventional ways (such as on your tit, so you could give someone a different kind of titfuck)? I'd assume it can, considering it's magic and from the future.

There should be some in the drives in the pastebin but I don't know them good enough to tell you precisely which. Generally those are "adventuring" CYOAs which let you get a crown or something after you achieve a quest or something similar.
The lattest to kinda do that was Adventure in the Orient I guess, where it's a bit vague but you have a "intrigues to gain power and maybe become the shogun yourself" quest I think? I don't know if that's what you're looking for.

Except for maybe the tier of skills, all these ideia's seems bad for me.
The worst being races giving some free tier skill (because races ALREADY do give special habilities, for instance, humans having 50% more physicial and magical endurance) and no skill limits (because it dramatically reduces build variety.). For instance, class X have most skills that are terrible, but I notice that skills A and B and C together are actually quite good, so the class becomes good for me.

While I understand the idea of a class-less system, I enjoyed the idea of the classes, maybe some cross-class features would be a better solution.

Tiers are fine, as they give birth to more build veriety, but personally I don't think they are so important, as I already imagined them as a function of your relevant habilities.

>would she do chores
Yes, but only if you asked nicely and weren't obviously taking advantage of her.
>would they bring home a guy
Probably not, unless you pushed them to do so. They'll still act flirty with guys, but are only teasing them; they're satisfied enough with each other.
>likelihood of them figuring out Parthenogenesis
Slim. They're mechanics nerds, not biologists.
>rich girl things
Going out to fancy dinners and staying at classy resorts when you're able to take a vacation. Shopping, too (though she's not that into it). Needless to say she'll also help you out when you're on hard times (but so will all the other companions).
>shrinking permanence
growth to original height at a rate of 1 inch per 30 minutes. A full night's sleep will net you 16 inches back, for example.
>stretching limits
No. That's just way too much stretching.
>wash away excess weight
That's just not a skin-level thing, so no. It could likely deposit/remove subcutaneous fat, though, so no cellulite.

Anything two-piece (or conceivably part of a two-piece) meant to be worn directly on the naked body. Skinsuits aren't in that category, but bikinis are.

It's within reason that it could become a bra-like strapon with two heads (one on each nip). Sure.

A spell creation system

Would love to know that as well.

>would she do chores
>Yes, but only if you asked nicely and weren't obviously taking advantage of her.
As far as reasons go, would "I know I'm not going to get around to doing it myself" count as taking advantage of her? Even if it's because you've got brain problems? What if you had her watch over you so she could remind you to do those things at appropriate times? How would Sato's "dependability" compare to Alex's "undying and unconditional love"? Would Alex like to look more like a girl?
>stretching limits
>No. That's just way too much stretching.
How about inflating your womb/belly to less-than-person-sized-but-still-ridiculous pregnancy levels?

>It's within reason [...]
But what of the whole "more-than-one" thing (in the sense of being able to wear them like a two-piece bikini, for example)?

Also, is there really no other option for STD-immunity besides "Birth Control"?

>Going out to fancy dinners and staying at classy resorts when you're able to take a vacation. Shopping, too (though she's not that into it). Needless to say she'll also help you out when you're on hard times (but so will all the other companions).
What if you'd rather hang around and play videogames, or netflix & chill, or some other private indoor activity?

>Come up with Traveller build idea
>Realize it's highly derivative and I've already found at least one companions that's pretty much the exact same archetype

Ah well. Originality is overrated.

Just show her genuine appreciation, and she'll do it for you.
>how do these two character's motivations compare
Up to you, user.
>Would Alex like to look more like a girl
No. She just wants to be loved. Looking like a girl is the last thing on her mind. She would love to dress up if it would make you happy, though.
>last spoiler
Sure.
>more than one
the parts have to stay connected, but I'll let you make up to three full-sized protrusions with it.

No, there's not. If your concern is that you can't be STD-immune while taking the pregnancy curses, I'll let you take both. You just can't use the titular function of Birth Control.

Then you'll be doing it in her mansion.

>I don't know if that's what you're looking for.
Kinda.
I'm hoping for something broad, with various avenues to power.
I'll look there.

>No. She just wants to be loved. Looking like a girl is the last thing on her mind. She would love to dress up if it would make you happy, though.
Rephrasing: On a scale from "love" to "apathy" to "hate", would her reaction to becoming more girly be more "apathy" or "hate"? Would that change at all if her becoming more girly made you happier (or at least more physically affectionate)?
>If your concern is that you can't be STD-immune while taking the pregnancy curses, I'll let you take both. You just can't use the titular function of Birth Control.
That was precisely my concern. Have you considered updating the CYOA to reflect this?
>Then you'll be doing it in her mansion.
So she'd be fine with either kind of activity (with that constraint on the more private ones)?
Would she be opposed to having you (and possibly any other companions you might choose) move in with her?

hey creatoranon, have you done a build for your own cyoa?

>how do these two character's motivations compare
>Up to you, user.
Also I mainly meant "when it comes to them doing chores for you", not just in general. If the answer remains the same, I think I'd interpret it as Alex doing the chores without question, like a good/loyal maid/butler would.

The pragmatism of men's clothes make them appealing to her, which is why she wears them. Having to switch over would be a mild annoyance overshadowed greatly by her happiness at seeing your appreciation.

Y'know that feeling of being so entranced by the reward that you don't care how tedious the task you're currently doing is? That's what she feels. In an unmotivated state, though, I imagine she feels largely like anyone else does when doing chores: annoyed.

Not yet.

I need explanations. I can post the whole thing if you want.

Can I split energy capacitors into parts with smnaller energy output? Most fighters and frigates use from 1 to 2 "points" of energy but energy capacitors provide 3 points and cost 12m which is a lot compared to ship prices. I think an option to split them in 3 (1 energy for 4m) would be reasonable.

Do secondary ship discounts apply to equipment for those ships? e.g. If I buy a carrier and a fighter, will I get a weapon discount for my fighter?

Was it made by the same author who made space refugee cyoa?

>The pragmatism of men's clothes make them appealing to her, which is why she wears them. Having to switch over would be a mild annoyance overshadowed greatly by her happiness at seeing your appreciation.
To be fair, my intent was less "make her wear girl clothes" and more "use Double Up to make her more curvaceous/huggable".

That aside, what of the two remaining questions regarding Karen ("does it really matter much to her whether you're cuddling in her mansion or at some classy resort" and "would she be for/against/apathetically willing to let you, and possibly any other companions you might pick, move in with her")?

>From the description it seems like you still have a physical body, so I was wondering how much of a change it actually is.

Depending on how you view it, a spiritual transfusion ether allows you to become a creature of fantasy/folklore, like fairies or oni, or it turns you into a more ghost-like entity that can change their physicality and possess non-sapient things. Depends on how you wanna run it.

>Do you still age?

No more than if you chose the other two Transfusions, methinks.

Does, say, getting your physical body fucked up still kill you?

I doubt it, since most of your self is in the ethereal realm, and thus would not be affected by physical death.

>It's a fairly big investment, even more expensive than actual immortality options.

If you take the particular origin, it can be taken for free at the cost of some skills.

>Any idea of how much it is actually worth it?

Do you want to have a body rooted in the ethereal? Do you want to be a fantasy creature like a kitsune or dullahan? Do you wanna risk losing yourself if you can't find a purpose or end up in a world with fucked up ether? Do you wanna have sick magical abilities?

If yes, then I think the Spiritual Transfusion is worth it.

>likelihood of them figuring out Parthenogenesis
>Slim. They're mechanics nerds, not biologists.
Actually the point would've been less "parthenogenesis" (reproduction from an ovum without fertilization) and more "figuring out how to fertilize ovum with another ovum, or the genetic data within", but I suppose the answer remains the same.

Just buy solar panels for your fighters, or spend money on some high-energy weapons for your frigates.

Discounts for ship size are only for the hull.

This was made by Sandra, not Spess refuge guy.