Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

What is the best way to play NEUTRAL EVIL?

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1034837
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1034837
>totally not Han Solo

Post your best ninjas.

How about bio-mechanical spaceninjas?

REMOVE KITSUNE!

Who would be interested into joon an Iron Gods campaign?

Depends on the schedule and maybe on the rules

>What is the best way to play NEUTRAL EVIL?
Actually be evil.

Define ninja.

JOON AN

Gotta have more details than that, user-san.

Become ninja.

I am an eurofag so have present the difference with your country's time zone and the Greenwich Meridian one.
I GM on evenings around 19:00 and my sessions last to 23:00 or 00:00.
Concerning rules, which will make you happy and entertain?

Hm... in EST that's 14:00. definitely depends on the day then but not impossible.

What's the PB, level, allowed classes, special rules/restrictions, etc? your first post made it sound like this was an already-existing game?

which one do you think is best

Jean Glitterdust

Davatti | Unchained Rogue

- Thief, born and raised in Nex.
- Pretty darn successful, especially in a place were magic defenses are so common.
- The gang Jean is a part of use disguise and seduction to get into mages' houses
- Going great until a brawl happens during one of the jobs and Jean gets hit with a teleporting curse.
- litterally forced to teleport hundreds of miles every few minutes to an hour.
- This keeps up untill he's discovered by Koya, in Varisia.
- with her and Desna's guidance, Jean's able to control this affliction and master it to the point where Jean can control 4th dimensional travel.
- Forever indebted to Koya, Jean settles down in Sandpoint. Though his thieving fingers are getting twichy

Gold, gems, moving fast, Tight clothes, Women, Men, Pineapple, Heeled shoes

Dislikes
Going hungry, Sandals, Sand, Fire, Large bodies of water,

I already GMed Iron Gods but my players didn't lie up to my expectations.
I was expecting to enjoy a game in which there would be an awareness of certain ethos. At least that of sword & sandal considering how pro-Howard the setting of Numeria is but when your players are mainly millenials who even didn't read The Lord of the Rings because there is the movies you can bet soon the campaign is going to be a chore than an entertainment.
I am looking for players who actually roleplay and have at least a philia for barbarian or science fantasy settings.

Does anyone know much about Osirion? I've got a game starting set in it (In the adventure path for it) but the wiki is kinda short on details and I'm a bit unfamiliar with it.

Which is a bit of an issue when I'm playing a native. (A magpie mage spellburst savant who is greedy enough to want to try to find magical knowledge in old tombs)

i got you OP

I had been GMing Iron Gods since 2014 but the campaign had a lot of issues, mainly players leaving because didn't feel comfortable with other players, new players showing up to be That Guys, irresponsible players who didn't respect the schedule and players leaving because of real life issues.
Concerning character creation rules I am open to do 25 builds and third party material as far the PCs pitched respect the setting's ethos. The only restriction will be that your character must belong to the city of Torch. Could be an immigrant, but haves to be one that has been living for at least half a decade in said settlement.

The best thing to do with Numeria, honestly, is to ignore paizo's "tech is bad and must be bad, the heroes should all be plucky young technology haters and magic users that only know enough to get through the dungeons", and go full-out 80s psycho sci-fi with the thing.

Just let people use their skills and feats and go nuts exactly the way their skills should have already have allowed; and there's your answer to the fucking world wound.

Tell us what torch is like/you-want-it-to-be-like.

In my first run I ignored Paizo rule on timeworn tech. I keeped the glitches but the idea of an item becoming useless after wasting all the charges was discarded.

Any suggestions for making a Ghost Huntery sort, using gestalt and basic 3pp stuff?

>What's the best way to play Neutral Evil
Selfish, uninterested in the affairs of Law or Chaos- more interested in money, whores, fighting, and more whores.

Also weird mommy/daddy issues.

Avoid being a horrid slut like Caster, for a start.

I'll wreck your face bro

for serious

To elaborate. I'm after the sort of ghost hunter who solves things more through clever thinking and resolutions rather than throwing holy water.

My best ninja was a vampire girl who had trouble using her Ki, since... Ki power is connected to self-living energy and she hadn't any at all.

Was fun!

It's for the best. The tech was deliberately written out at twice (or more) what its value should be, and the crafting/recharge methods flatly unbelievable.

Crafting a tech weapon for example not only requires the feat chain (ouch), but if you'll read carefully, also requires TWO, read them, TWO artifacts.

And you can't even hope to just "bring one to the other" to get the job done either; because guess what? Those artifacts? THEY'RE COLOSSAL STRUCTURES!

But it gets better.
See, there's a way around that. A stupidly simple way (once again making caster crafters the top dog though) at that.

... ALL those massive problems with recharging and keeping the thing from going dry despite 10gp/shot batteries (of which you might need four or more shots to actually use the weapon a single attack, let alone a full attack)? Gone! Because it's a robot! Spend 1k on making that gun a robot, and program it as more or less a helpful famililar for the wielder; sharing what little senses and intelligence (AND ACTIONS) that it has, and never running out of juice.

Inexplicably, the tiny reactors that even the smallest little spider drones have are in every robot but impossible to replicate elsewhere... So, fuck it, just awaken everything.

They really did screw the pooch on Numeria from top to bottom when it came to the mechanics. It's the Exalted 2nd edition of its setting.

Theoretically if one were to sign up, what level would one be starting at, in order to perhaps roll up a character and come up with concepts?

In that case would it come from the stolen life coursing through her veins? I mean I've always kind of liked the idea that vampires are physically indifferent from regular creatures when sated, but when they're ravenously hungry they're fanged skeletal horrors.

Fist of the Stolen Life sounds like an interesting martial arts style for them though.

I missed entire thread, how annoying.

I was wanting to ask today about goblin campaign, would have been perfect thread for it.

In any case: Has anyone played we be goblins?
did your group have fun/not?
Just finished session 1 of what looks to be me running all 3 adventures, going pretty well.

What would you guys say is the coolest way to play druid?

A cute slut that parties hard, lives forever, and eats halfling veal with a glass of elf blood every other Sunday

Melee druid for maximum rip and tear.

For starters, it's critical to realize that Osiriani women are obsessed with foreign cocks. It's just an ingrained cultural fascination, but it's ubiquitous. A smart move for an enterprising PC would be to find a way to monetize this lust by selling exotic manmeat to the masses.

>cute robot gun obsessed with helping the wielder slay demons and defend the defenseless

I couldn't be more erect

Just play your actual self.

Orphan raised by dinosaurs that turns into a dinosaur, has a dinosaur companion, and summons dinosaurs.

yeah we did
it was pretty funny because we're all a bunch of SERIOUS BUSINESS ONLY characters in our main game, and our goblins were a bunch of fucking retards that took 4 hours to do the first module

No shapeshift
Maximum Geomancy
>Magma is nature too, who cares what happens to your bodies or those trees? It'll be great soil in a few centuries

uncaring neutral fury of the elements

I play my druids Neutral. Like a shark or a hurricane.

>NATURE SAYS FUCK YOU! I CAST SHARKNADO 3!

You know, I think I'm being trolled.

>Sharks
>Neutral

Yea sure, Mr. Totally-Not-A-Shark.

... I'm not so sure.
Sometimes a bit of the author's magical realm does show hints of itself in the various regional descriptions, so it's entirely possible that while nowhere near the level of information you demand, user is actually giving you factually correct information.

I don't know the place, myself, so I cannot confirm nor deny these allegations.

Can I ask y'all about the virtues of the VMC mechanic?
It looks... apt, for being able to combine concepts that would have been inelegantly covered via the miserable tool that is multiclassing, but is it something any of you use for it's intended purpose, or is it the tool of minmaxing jizzswillers?
I have an idea to rip of Guts from Berserk as a ZS Warder VMC Barbarian specializing in Primal Fury, but I feel as tho I ought to feel bad for doing it

Am i right in understanding that reach grapples pulls the target adjacent to you? Like a rope dart?

>fem roadhog
if they're not gonna make her massive like him, her tits should be a lot bigger

What's the cutest possible familiar?

sorry, lemme fix that.

That's a good hog.

better.

i'd actually want to fuck the first one, this one actually looks like a gender bender.

Hey /pfg/ I just got into a very interesting situation and have the following stats to play around with 34/16/14/11/9/8 in level 1. What in the world do I even play with these stats

See, that actually works as female roadhog. It doesn't get my dick hard but it works as the character.

VMC is pretty mediocre, so don't feel guilty.

if you're doing one you gotta do both.

This little guy right here. Or pipefox.

I don't mind VMC bard, purely because you get bardic knowledge at full level as the level 3 feature.

You don't, because using those numbers means the DM is going to throw some outrageous bullshit at you to neuter you without fail, or do their best to come up with perfect counters to you such that your strengths mean little. The system just doesn't handle player numbers getting that high.
Either way, story time.

Exploiter Pact Wizard

you mean dogsnek?

>fem junkrat
yes pls

Do dogsnakes squirt tears at their enemies giving them visions of their last moments alive?

Didnt think so. Clearly the second choice.

It does seem like the best way to use it is to get some quasi-magical capacity, but it looks like, from far away, it is such a better use pf's (admittedly shitty) feat system, it's almost silly.

Remember guys, this is how "good artists" draw female versions of male characters.

>heart shaped gasmask goggle hole
>Gold eye shadow
>Amazing eyebrow

Damn it i dont wanna get crushed.

At least some good cosplay comes out of it.

It's not a bad idea, the execution is just...underwhelming, on the whole. But if you can spare the feats and it fits the character, why not? You just have to watch out that you get something that's actually worth all those feats and that you get what you were looking for at a reasonable level(and not, say, about 10 levels after it stopped being worthwhile).

Whichever one you love most

GM is an old friend of mine who just wanna have some bullshit fun. Most of the rest of the group is pretty new to Pathfinder and he let em look into some of his old 3.5 books and take what they fancy. So, I'm not expecting any of that bullshit since he was laughing over how broken this will be the whole time I was rolling

I know that set, that artists has one single body type and face and he uses it for all of the characters. He is probably using some 3D poser software.

Torch is a dwarf founded community which economy relish in the forge of skymetals that is purchased by crusaders heading to the Worldwound. Since is an independent community which counts with the genius of aan ex-Technic League member I considered to introduce this time elements that I didn't the first time.
I do agree with you.
Soon I'll post a link. I want to start at level 1 but I am open to start at level 3 if people vote for that option.

Trashmouse is much much much better than highwaysow.

Hey, can y'all stop complaining about cheesecake?
I actually have sorta struggled looking over feats, because everything seems locked behind long feat chains or simply isn't so useful compared to what I gain as an initiator.
I'm looking at power attack and the feat that allows you to belay the attack penalty on the first blow. I wanted Imp. Trip, but Combat Expertise, hell, all feat tax shit, pisses me off.

Roadhog posting aside, I think that only works with Greater Whip Mastery i think.

I'd say look up the archetype packages done by super genius. They're a lot better than the shitshow that is VMC.

Sadly none exist for initiators.

Hamatula strike works on any piercing weapon (so yes you could use it with a bow and arrow, without any strings even), and with a successful grapple you move the target adjacent to you (no matter their original position).

So it works by RAW with hamatula, but it's up to DM veto, for a hook / ropedart type thing like roadhog uses I imagine that most DM's would allow it.

>super genius
That is outside what the DM is allowing for 3pp.
He has kept it to DSP and SoP.

Have you tried asking him specifically about the archetype packages and taking a look at them?

PoW and PoW:e both have a bunch of feats you might want to take a look at. Though I agree that figuring out what feats you want/need can be a pain in the ass.

I just want highwaysow as a wingman... or woman

Who could possibly want to shoot the breast of BEST Girl with a high-energy laser?

You want a pig that can fly?

No, because the VMC thing, for me, is fairly optional. It's nice because it fits the concept, but hardly needed.
What can you tell me about it, before I try to make the pitch to my DM?
I meandered them for a bit, and there wasn't too much. The PoW books have many feats that cover things that PF did not for some reason, but not too much that helps a strength based face beater beat face better, or give more options to do other than beat it harder/faster/stronger.
From what I've heard, I also do not have access, or want access, to the "good disciplines", so I work with what I got.

Magicians root
>Alchemical ingredient
>DC 5(+1 per use) addiction chance
>+1 int, -1 dex, -1 wiz
>Duration 1 hour
>Vision is blurred and hearing dulled
>The user begins to "feel" stimulus around themselves making up for impaired senses.

Magicians moonshine
>Alchemical potion
>DC 5 (+2 per use) addiction chance
>+2 int, -2 dex, -2 wiz
>Duration 30 min
>User becomes almost completely blind, speech requires DC idk check and an intense ringing roars within the users ears. User can transmit and receive basic information or commands (location, actions, ect) telepathically. The user can chose to give or withhold information however all incoming information is non voluntary and required. User can "feel" surroundings, environment, and organisms nearby (idk how far, help)

>Addiction DC is cumulative between both
>Addiction penalty is -2 int or something while not under the influence
>Frequent use (x uses) causes permanent damage
Thoughts?

Anyone got that Minos race statblock handy?

#### Minos Characters
Minos are defined by their class levels - they do not possess racial Hit Dice. All Minos have the following racial traits.

- +2 Strength, +2 Constitution,-2 Intelligence: Minos are incredibly strong and tough, but are a bit slow witted.
- Size: Minos are Medium creatures, and they have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Speed: Minos have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Languages: Minos begin play speaking Minos and Common. Minos with high Intelligence can choose any languages they want (except secret languages, such as Druidic).
- Powerful Build: The physical stature of Minos lets them function in many ways as if they were one size category larger. Whenever a Minos is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for a Combat Maneuver Bonus or Combat Maneuver Defense (such as during grapple checks, bull rush attempts, and trip attempts), the Minos is treated as one size larger if doing so is advantageous to him. A Minos is also considered to be one size larger when determining whether a creature's special attacks based on size (such as grab or swallow whole) can affect him. A Minos can use weapons designed for a creature one size larger without penalty. However, his space and reach remain those of a creature of his actual size. The benefts of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject's size category.
- Dark Vision 60ft
- Chain Breakers: Minos gain a +2 racial bonus on Strength checks to break objects and a +2 racial bonus on combat maneuver checks to sunder.
- Trampler: Minos gain a +2 bonus on combat maneuver checks made to bull rush or overrun an opponent. This bonus only applies while both the member of this race and its opponent are standing on the ground. When a Minos overruns an opponent they may Trample, as per the universal monster ability, with a slam attack that deals 1d6+1-1/2 their strength

Doesn't follow addiction rules.
Has no combat application, penalties both mechanically and rp-wise for it's use. You'd see it more used in someone's lab when they are using Planar Ally.
Permanent damage? So on top of the temp damage (that ALWAYS outweighs whatever bonuses you get), the addiction downsides AND the mechanical/rp penalties, you are throwing a new foil (that comes up mayber twice with PF drugs) to make it even more unpalatable.
user, stop. Drugs are already ignored by 80% of players because their drawbacks greatly outweigh their bonuses.
>titcow race

Thank you senpai!

The Minos are described as tall humanoids with the lower halves of bovine and the upper body of stocky humans.

It's actually quite accurate to the race!

Tell me about that character you really want to play, but haven't had the opportunity to yet.

I've been wanting to play a Gingerbread Sphere Witch focused on Creation and Alteration, but my GM keeps flaking out. I just want to coat the world in candy.

I never said I was telling my players what it did *wink wink
Maybe they find a mislabeled potion or find a vat of the stuff stewing about

Little do we know is that she's completely flat chested and those are litterally just sacks on her chest for holding things. Look at how the armor is formed under her arm pit.

You know it to be true. Those boobs are LIES!!

No problamo, there's supposedly a pdf of this stuff laying around somewhere, but that's going to be harder to find than the statblock!

There's also an Alternate Racial that got added in where Trampler is replaced with +2 Natural Armor, representing a thick hide.

Stocky != tittymonster, user, goddamn.
user, that is low, and you know it.
If the players are that dumb, then fuck'em, but don't set them up with your custom shit, because the moment they hear "take -1 to these stats, and roll fortitude", they are gonna throw it down a well.

Are there faerie familiars in any of the 3pp stuff?

>mfw that's not actually a cloth top, but a sculpted breastplate

You know what? Yeah sure, fine. Have the huge tits - somebody's gotta have 'em, and it might as well be the Titcows, eh?

But if you're going to have massive tits and expect to enter battle with armor, at least find a way to squish those girls down so you can fit on some reasonable armor. Like, the Draph from Granblue Fantasy are ubiquitously H-cup+, and they still find the time and ability to put on breastplates.

Fair enough, so just remove all penalties outside of the regular addiction ones in game?

That webm is great.

I mean if you are going to make a custom drug, then make it something worthwhile.
That means look at how Paizo does it, and throw it out. No one uses drugs outside a very sparse few like harlot sweets because their drawbacks veer into the untenable for their price.
Make it cheep, make it +1/2 -1/2, make it low on the addiction threshold.
If there is something else attached, make it plot hook worthy, something that you can tie into the overarching narrative rather than haha the DM gotchu~ nonsense.

I don't get it