Battle Brothers

Just found out about this on /v/.

It's basically Mount & Blade meets Final Fantasy Tactics, which is all kinds of awesome to me, and from what I've been seeing on youtube it plays really well and has that crunchy neckbeardy depth to combat that we all love over here. Might be worth breaking my "never pay for Early Access" rule, but I'd like know what Veeky Forums thinks about it first before making my decision.

Also the art style is fucking dope.

I got it for a few months already. Its a bit badly optimised, there is no magic for humans or friendly "fantasy races" and a shame the currency is just "gold" and you are only the merc company. I don't think they will branch it out on 1.0, probably on DLC's. They changed the art of few things a few times, and there is oncoming not!nekhehara army of skellies and mummies with magic.

I'm glad there's no friendly magic, I really enjoy low-magic games, and the idea of being a party of martials just making a living killing things in this dark fantasy world.

Is there anything like mounts in the game?

The thing is, the mummies etc will have magic. Atleast we could get witches or something at some high costs but no.. And no, there is no mounts yet. I wish there were.

I think enemies having access to magic is fine; it fits the genre of low-magic sword and sorcery, where the heroes normally are just swashbuckling fighters slaying sorcerers and the undead.

Some protips:

- HP talents are a must
- Always take the 4's and the 3's, even if it doesnt fit during a lvl up
- Atleast one polearm
- During building razing encircle the villagers, if you attack from one side your chances to murder everyone are slipping fast.
- Don't break a shieldwall against gobbos, especially wolfriders.
- Delay the first round to see if enemy advances and for your shooters to get better percentage
- Fuck killers on the run, and don't take priest and a cultist in the same company.

When I played a month ago I kept getting robbed by other mercenary companies.

Never happened to me, kek

>Want to buy the game
>Never on sale
>Also decided to buy a 3ds for new pokemons as well.

Kill me.

Those retarded looking puppets instead of charcters is probably what really turned me off, really unsespenda my disbelif, got it installed, but can't bring myself to go past the first few battles.

The fuck are you doing on Veeky Forums then, son?

Get the fuck out to le leddit

I think the same.

> Early Access

Hmm, maybe later.

They're tried around with a bunch of different art styles, that one is the one that worked the best, and it looks awesome.

If you can't abstract something as simple as that, how do you even play tabletop games?

I love it, I tend to save scumming a lot tough, because losing my first three companions is a big no-no for me. The rest can burn in hell for all I care. I specially love the wildmen, decent states, cheap and they shenaningans in towns than crop from time to time are pretty amusing (if a bit expensive).

Well the first three are op and I always feel a bit of pain when I lose one of them. Axemen goes out first almost always and the archers got out 2/3 times by vamp.

It's a great game. It really is. The next three updates will finish the game. I look forward to the "Evil Invasion" they are prophesying. If they allow mod support, I could easily play another three campaigns all the way through after my first.

The battles sometimes are laughably easy... although those are the rarest form of battle you'll find in the game

Dogs are a neat mechanic. Sucks when they die but it's awesome when they snag that last, fleeing goblin long enough for one of the Brothers to lop its head off

Speaking of goblins, they are no fucking joke in number. Their archers will ruin you if you let them.

It's a fun thing to play when you want party mechanics alone. It's difficult though and has little reward for those who do not totally commit themselves. You might have all your brothers survive a fight... you might lose all but three of them. Sucks but that's the game

Wiedergangers (zombies) are fun to beat up on late game... but early game they are a surprisingly hard enemy. They can revive themselves once per combat. Sometimes my infantry would end up exhausted 2/3 of the way through the fight, leaving the wiedergangers time to chew on them

And finding legendary items is awesome. They aren't too powerful, but the occasional item makes one of your brothers a one man wrecking crew

100% agree. If it had simple old school XCom (original 1990s version) pixelated animations I would be very interested.

The worlds they generate are pretty large. This world has a vast expanse to the West of nothing but goblins, orcs, and necromancers. Fun to enter for a while... but extended trips take a toll on the men and supplies

You've just made me a few dollars poorer.

bump

Its entertaining, the battle system is pretty neat. Graphics have a nice style, sound effects are great, they pack a satisfying punch. However, at this point theres not much to do really, youll go from town to town getting repetitive contacts (quests) without any real purpose other than to get money to buy better weapons and armor. The devs have promised a lot of things in the future regarding quests and objectives for your mercenary band, but right now everything is pretty barebones, except for the tactical fights.