/pdg/ - Pendragon General

First thread let's see how this turns out edition

Repository so far:
mega.nz/#F!40Bg1KhD!BoogrIxKiOw7qsShasLkQQ

We're gonna need pdf's of the Book of Knights & Ladies and the Book of the Manor

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/SRFrzk5
strategium.ru/forum/topic/44615-britannia-479-ad-—-the-winter-king/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Alrighty, what edition we playing, 5th?

5.1, but yeah, 5th edition

Cool. We got a DM? Maybe get a Discord group going?

i just made this thread. i havent got a campaign planned yet

Ah, okay. So have you DM'd this before? It's my first rodeo with Pendragon, to be honest.

nope. im just very interested in it

>tfw it's just you and me right now

;-;

So whats the political state looking like /PDG/? I haven't read that much about this game before but i do love myself some arthurian mythos.

I assume Arthur functions as some sort of overking over britain but how strong is his rule over the subkingdoms? Does britanny figure into his kingdom?

Also is ireland pagan here or is this after St. Patrick's adventures in the green isle?

I too wish to see this thread live

Build it and they shall come, user.

Also reading some Prince Valiant to put me in the mood for knightly conduct.

read The Great Pendragon Campaign pdf in the repository. it has everything you want, and then some more

You know, fuck.

It's going on my shoplist.

I have no idea how it would go, but I'd totally be up for this.

So my good fellows, shall we start a Discord chat?

What the fuck's discord?

It's a chatting software, like Skype but better.

You shoudl explain what Pendragon is.

A game based primarily around being knights in arthurian times.

It's Le Morte D'Arthur as a Tabletop Game.

Or in Movie terms it's Excalibur as a Tabletop Game.

Or in Japanese terms it's Saber as a Tabletop Game.

The great campaign doesn't work, error.

discord.gg/SRFrzk5

it opens up perfectly. maybe try again or reinstall adobe acrobat

perfectly for me*

Nope, nothing. File corruppted. Other one works perfectly fine

DMs. DMs for the poor.

Different user here. Works fine for me. I use Chrome as my pdf reader.

I have no idea what system this even runs on.

I wonder, who do we hate more, saxons or picts?

Geats.

I like an outside the box thinker.

Personally what really gets my dander up is Cornishmen. For wyte thou wel, Y haue never known no Cornysshe knyght of worshyppe.

What time period is this set in?

Can't you hate the Romans?

Who doesn't?

Gentlemen, please. The important thing is not whom you hate. The important thing is that you HATE.

That's what Arthurian myth is all about.

But they gave us the aqueduct.

Can you punch it into the browser of Veeky Forums as picture PDF?

fuck off back to 40K you GoT knuckledragger

Counterpoint:

Hate matters. Think of the hate.

Are there anti-Roman, pro-Pagan RPGs out there?

For those of you who want to explore this sort of setting, there's a cool CK2 mod that should be up your alley.

strategium.ru/forum/topic/44615-britannia-479-ad-—-the-winter-king/

Hey, you little piss-baby simpleminded little plebs

What was King Arthur's tax policy?

Exactly.

>farts out of thread

What's your weight loss policy? Not that important right?

Certainly better than his dog rape policy.

am I missing some sort of meme here?

Martin condescends to all fantasy that isn't his because of arbitrary shit he pulls out of his fat hairy ass

>Ruling is hard. This was maybe my answer to Tolkien, whom, as much as I admire him, I do quibble with. Lord of the Rings had a very medieval philosophy: that if the king was a good man, the land would prosper. We look at real history and it’s not that simple. Tolkien can say that Aragorn became king and reigned for a hundred years, and he was wise and good. But Tolkien doesn’t ask the question: What was Aragorn’s tax policy? Did he maintain a standing army? What did he do in times of flood and famine? And what about all these orcs? By the end of the war, Sauron is gone but all of the orcs aren’t gone – they’re in the mountains. Did Aragorn pursue a policy of systematic genocide and kill them? Even the little baby orcs, in their little orc cradles?

>The war that Tolkien wrote about was a war for the fate of civilization and the future of humanity, and that’s become the template. I’m not sure that it’s a good template, though. The Tolkien model led generations of fantasy writers to produce these endless series of dark lords and their evil minions who are all very ugly and wear black clothes. But the vast majority of wars throughout history are not like that.

The irony of this is that just being good wasn't enough to make Aragorn a good king. It was his many years of experience and advisors who did that.

Honestly the more I hear from Martin the more I come to loathe him.

The real irony is that Tolkien fought in one of the most horrible wars in history, while Martin avoided the draft during Nam.

Which is another reason why GRRM is much better than Tolkein. He was smart enough NOT to fight in a pointless war, while Tolkein wasn't smart enough to get himself out of service to a useless cause.

GRRM is literally the author Tolkein ever was.

>little baby orcs, in their little orc cradles

There are no orc cradles. Tolkien orcs are different.

Tolkien's fictional anti-war war story works better because he went to war.

More fool him.

Say again?

I think he's trolling.

Want to know how I know you're a moviefag?

Did Tolkien ever clarify how orcs reproduced?

Since they're corrupted elves it's fair to assume they had males and females and mated normally. But does he ever reference female orcs?

'Corrupted elves' was a background he discarded. He did explicitly state that they reproduce after the manner of men, but was still revising when he died.

Veeky Forums should be above bait this pitiful

>pendragon general
Are there even that many anons interested in Pendragon?

Anyway, all the pendragon pdf are in the archive thread

Shadow of Mordor, the game about slaughtering orcs, never showed female or baby orcs. I would have wanted to kill some baby orcs in their cradles, in the game that already went against the style of all the other LOTR media.