EDH/commander general

Stonework Puma Edition
Previous thread: >Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

Thread question:How many pumas do you own?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/nath-edh-copyv2-1/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/bosh-the-rock-thrower/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/i-got-nothing-1/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Xth for holy shit prison enchantress just became a thing. I'm excited to see a Derevi artifact hate control lists.

I'm so tired of Wizards' shit.

None.

What do you mean?

There's a new white enchantment for 3WW that exiles all artifacts yoir opponent controls until it leaves the battlefield.

Viable puma tech?

Thoughts on Nath?
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/nath-edh-copyv2-1/

please let this meme die

Enchantress prison was already a thing but I do like the new card for sure

Anyone have a list for 5 color child with a guild gate and door to nothingness win con? (This is a meme/joke deck since my friends wanted me to make a slightly toned down deck for some of the new guys in our group)
Also any tech to stomp out Atraxa superfriends? Have a real spike running nothing but walker and UBG good stuff.

don't feed the trolls

I think you're a bit too excited
becasue as said that was pretty much already thing but it is a cool toy. Enchantments are my favorite card type.

Pick up a mycosynth lattice for the two card wombo combo. Throw in a dash of Brago, a smidgen of ghostly prison and you have the dirtiest lockdown setup this side of winter orb.

Abrupt Decay, Sylvan Library, & Bokuja Bog should be considered
Erebos is quite solid to draw cards and if your opponents play lifegain even more so
I personally prefer Elixir of Immortality over Creeping Renaissance, but whatever

Suppression field is good against super friends

Also there's beast within, vindicate, chaos warp, anguished unmaking. Those are great cuz they are good against planeswalkers but no less good if your opponent doesn't have any planeswalkers

Tech for Child? Or for some other specific deck?

Mostly any tech against walkers in any color besides black (only color I dont have in any deck besides slivers)

also pithing needle, vampire hexmage, phyrexian revoker

>elixir of immortality over creeping Renaissance

???

Completely different cards that don't even remotely serve the same purpose

Creeping Renaissance is like a more narrow praetor's counsel, it's an extremely powerful card

Whereas elixir of immortality is more of a niche card that's nice if your deck is liable to deck itself or if you have a lot of repeatable tutoring

Not enough lands. Even if you had the one drop mana dorks 31 isn't enough, especially with no rocks. Creature mana is all well and good, but board wipes are prevalent. Also, why not play up the discard angle? At least pack a sadistic hypnotist. Primo

consider low cost flyers can prevent friends from ulting, specially if backed up by counterspells
super friends happen to be slower than combo and don't necessarily win the game by ulting

>repeatable tutoring
that's why i prefer it, but your deck has very few tutoring to exploit it more

>in any color besides black
Well fuck.

This maybe?

I don't really think "prefer" is appropriate in this case, the cards are just not comparable at all, there's no situation in which you want creeping Renaissance but elixir of immortality will do the trick

ok bro my bad, peace

Where's your card draw, bro?

Got any suggestions?

Fucking paralyzed with choice as to where to even start with this artifacts deck

There are so many things you can do with Slobad

not him, but mirri's guile is like half a second top for green

This might have some use as well.

Anyone else in love with pic related?

Can't decide between yidris wheels starring nekusar or yidris extra combat flying men. I leave the decision to you Veeky Forums

Well, it's hard to argue against including Phyrexian Arena in any black deck. Anvil of Bogarden is hilarious in this deck, and you've got plenty of recursion. My Nath deck has a substantial discard subtheme so I run Howling Mine and Temple Bell and any deck that makes 1/1 need Skullclamp

You're in black and green, drawing shouldn't be a problem. Greed, Erobos, shamanic revelations, regal force, phyrecian arena, ect. Take your pick.

Win through combat like a real man.

Always and forever.

>Godo Voltron/LD, hit my artifact ramp early
>bunch of 3 and 4-color decks finally starting to get a decent mana base together
>cast Ruination
>bathe in their tears as they die in a single turn to a 13/13 unblockable double striker using 4 combat phases

Extra combat maximum cascade.

I bought too many random "Oh this would be good" cards and now I have like 30 cuts to make in one deck and 15-20 in another.

One is mono-white equipment the other is Breya artifacts. Not sure how many creatures/protection/removal I should run in the equip deck and how much recursion/graveyard pullback I really need in the later.

Fuck me I just want to play everything and let the wheel of destiny pick which of my 200 cards I get to play in any given game.

Also, why does no one run Inheritance for card draw in monowhite? It's not amazing, but it's good for a decent amount of extra cards mid-game when you're sitting with two cards in hand and a barren board turn 9.

>Playing mono-red
>Board state is looking a bit clogged
>cast ruination. Everyone else is down to 2-3 lands while I'm at 7 mountains.
>Get hate-raped out of the game 3v1

The problem is that it punishes the innocents more than the sinners and ends up kingmaking green decks.

It's totally a great way to seal the game in gruul, but the natural adaptation that results from a group losing a game or two against ruination that's played as a tech card both renders the card ineffective and fucks over color combinations like black/red or red/white. Decks without blue or green tend to lean on their colorless cards.

Let me play you the song of my people. It may be exciting for Standard, but it's hardly new or a big deal for EDH.

>Stony Silence
>Vandalblast
>Shattering Spree
>Merciless eviction

etc.

List is updated and should be better now.

>play daretti
>be a faggot
>question why everyone gangs up on you

You haven't lived until you've resolved Decree of Annihilation with the D-man out.

how much removal should a deck carry?

Well finally got around to posting one of my list on tappedout I know its rough but it is my pet deck right now. Any feedback for card suggestions is always welcome (besides microsynthalatic)

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/bosh-the-rock-thrower/

Depends on your meta. If you are talking about boardwipes in particular I usually run 2-3 depending on the deck.

depends on colors you run and meta, but at least 5-7 things in the realm of krosan grip, abrupt decay, anguished unmaking, swords to plowshare, dreadbore, ghost quarter, and the like so you can off annoying permanents
obviously, if you are playing a deck which can anguished unmaking, vindicate, vindicate sliver, and/or that one thing from tarkir you should

>Looking to do a R/B deck that isn't just Timmy demons
>Thinking of Vile Smasher madness or Mogis punishments
>Come across this tappedout.net/mtg-decks/i-got-nothing-1/

I really like this deck but geeeeeeeeeeezus. Bazaar? Yeah right. Are there any obvious budget-friendly substitutes for the $$$ cards involved?

>tappedout.net/mtg-decks/i-got-nothing-1/
mogis is easy mode, until the entire table mobs you
you can do without the bazaar, you just will be underperforming
abuse the shit out of symmetric spells like barter in blood, smallpox, pox, destructive force and the like
once your god is out just kill everything, even if it kills your shit, make everyone discards their shit (delirium skeins)

I put this in every blue deck I own. Holy shit it is so useful. My first copy I ever got was a foil one back in 2006.

I remembered once I played this in response to someone ult'ing Karn. Was super funny.

Guy scooped after that.

>Not Running 6 boardwipes and 7 pieces of spot removal

It's like you don't even play Queen Marchesa Pillowfort

Does morgue burst work on consuming aberration in the way I think it does?

Take Bosh from the helm and put Slobad/Daretti there.

Post Secret Tech/Pet Cards
I like Evil Twin and Royal Assassin. They go in every deck where the colors fit. Assassin keeps aggro down and Evil Twinning a commander is just pure gold.

Glasses of Urza might be my favorite card just for the reaction to me rearranging my opponents hands when I choose to look at theirs or my favorite right when they are about to cast something huge I tap and spend a solid bit looking at their hand.

Normally I would agree however Daretti Paints a giant target on you compared to Bosh which most people scoff at until you through a darksteel colossus at their face in response to them trying to plowshares it.

Anyone have any decent tech for doing something with Deathreap Ritual? I was thinking of doing Ashnod's Altar + Nath + something like Words of Waste. Is there anything better?

Forgot I'd need Geth's Grimoire also.

So what's the point of slow ass death reap ritual in that scenario?

Nath + sadistic hypnotist + geths grimoire is already game over

I run Slobad and he flies right under the radar. Honestly tho, most people see these trio (slobad/daretti/bosh) and they already know what the deck is gonna be.

I just didn't like it at sorcery speed.

here's my long and boring blog

>made a monoblack kokusho recur deck around a month ago
>very strong synergies, very johnny-like, also close to being a combo deck without actually being combo
>"i cast sidisi, exploiting herself, tutor for victimize, cast victimize, bring back sidisi and kokusho, exploit sidisi, tutor for living death, cast living death, use ashnods to sac my entire board in response, exploit sidisi, tutor for corpse dance, cast it 10 times in a row on kokusho and win gg no re"
>group collectively can't deal with this, especially since my deck has a subtheme of killing the everloving fuck out of every creature on board with forced sac effects
>group tells me to make the deck more interactive
>agree since i dont want to be that guy

fast forward 1 month

>theorycrafting 2 decks, a monoblack zombie tribal and an ayli recur deck, made from the parts of the monoblack
>zombie tribal, at the moment, is slow as fuck, uninteractive, can only beat face and costs a lot for how shitty it feels
>ayli recur is also slow, has no real gameplan besides "lmao just gain life and exile shit" which doesn't even usually work half the time in xmage playtests, white creature ETBs are more balanced for flicker instead of recur, so recurring them is very low-value most of the time
>both decks are vastly inferior to my monoblack recur deck despite being more expensive

any outside opinions on what i should do?

I'm working on a Melek, Izzet Paragon deck and I'm uncertain of how the reveal mechanic works in relation to the stack and instant speed spells.

Say I have a lightning bolt on top, and I choose to cast it. I copy it. Both bolts are on the stack. Do I reveal the next card of the library? Or does that card stay on top? Or do I move it off and leave the next card unrevealed until the stack resolves?

What I'm wondering is, can I simply keep going with the stack, casting stuff of the top over and over again before the original spell resolves as long as they're instant. For the purposes of using something like fork or whatever to copy a spell that's on the stack, copying the copy spell to copy more spells.

TL:DR izzet problems. Thanks in advance.

4/15/2013 If the top card of your library changes while you’re casting a spell or activating an ability, the new top card won’t be revealed until you finish casting that spell or activating that ability.
Its the same for future sight

Are there any mass artifact/enchantment destroyers in green that don't destroy your stuff?

What's commander has the best art? regardless what the commander actually does.

Tell your friends to git gud

Gy hate is a thing, counterspells are a thing, they have options

"While casting a spell" is not really what he's talking about here

Imagine a spell that exiled cards from the top of library as an additional cost to cast it. If you cast that spell with future sight in play, the top card of your library wouldn't be revealed until you finished casting that spell, and it would be on the stack

In his scenario, he finishes casting bolt, both bolts are on the stack, the next card of his library is definitely revealed, and he may play it, accounting for any timing restrictions

What the fuck are you talking about,

You picked a good one

I've always liked Uril's art, dude is big as fuck

Elesh norn isn't a super popular commander but she's a legend and her art is awesome

Speaking of mono white, 8 1/2 tails has cool art

Prossh has pretty awesome art

You don't see him played much these days but creature teferi has two different arts that are both very cool

I'm talking about future sight or melek

if you cast the top card of your library, it moves to the stack, it's no longer on top of your library, therefore the new top of your library is revealed

The spell you cast is on the stack, you can cast the new top of your library if it's an instant

I'm answering the guys question, the gatherer ruling you quoted is misleading because it's not actually relevant to his question, the ruling is about if the top card of your library changes DURING the casting of a spell or activation of an ability, which is different from the top of your library changing because you successfully did in fact cast the top card of your library

Dont get me started on the foil

Hey I'm building Shu Yun, Silent Temptest for a friend. They're a massive weebaboo and love playing monks in DnD. Do y'all have any weeb cards that fit the theme of Ancient Kung Fu Movie Monastery that fit the deck?

Jeskai theme cards from tarkir are all about that shit

Daring leap seems pretty Kung fu and isn't the worst thing ever with shu yun

Can someone explain something for me about Hardened Scales?

If I'm using Scavenging Oozes ability to exile creatures in a graveyard, and say I spend 3 forests to exile 3 creatures, do I gain 4 counters, or 6? Is it 1+1, 1+1, 1+1, or 3+1?

Hardened scales adds +1 when an ability resolves that would add counters

Scavenging ooze's ability is instant speed, so if you want, you could activate it, then activate it again two more times before the first activation resolved

The stack will then have 3 instances of his ability. Each will resolve separately, and each will be modified by hardened scales

Tl;dr it's 1+1, 1+1, 1+1

That's what I thought, thanks.

One more question. Hand of the Praetors gives other creatures with infect +1/+1. If a creature gains infect through Phyresis or Grafted Exoskeleton, does it also gain the +1/+1?

Mystic meditation
Mystic monastary
Cleansing meditation
Deflecting palm
Umezawas jitte
Enlightened ascetic
Homura, human ascendant
Soulfire grand master
Jeskai elder
Leaping master
Monastery mentor
Mistfire adept
Mantis rider
Rune-tail
For maximum weebage, put in the red, white, and blue dragons,
Keiga, the tide star
Yosei,the morning star
Ryusei,the falling star.

And for fun, dragonlord ojutai

Above all else, I would also suggest NARSET, enlightened master in the 99. I know she's cancer as commander, but in the 99 she seems fine

Hope this helps!

Yes

Who's everyone's favorite voltron commander? I've been wanting to make one for a while now but am having trouble settling on a commander. I've had my eye on Rafiq for a little bit but there are so many other options.

Motherfucking Omnath, Locus of Mana.

The one time I went Voltron I used Sigarda.

Loved it, and I'm thinking of remaking that deck.

Where does everyone buy their singles? I've been wanting to get my friend some cards for his Gisella deck and was wondering if there's a place that delivers pretty quick in Canada.

ISA-FUCKING-MARU

Rafiq

Hear me out, thassa.
blue enchantments to give protection, and equipment to pump her up. She helps you scry for what she needs, costs 3 mana, has indestructible, gives herself unblockable. Did I mention she's a 5/5 to start? Use argentum armor, strata scythe, ogres cleaver, etc. Run plenty of artificers with tap: add (2) to your mana pool, only use this mana for artifacts and to activate abilities of artifacts. This will help your devotion, and help with equip costs and casting equipments. You'll never see another deck like it, incredibly unique,fun to pilot, and nobody will see it coming.

If you want the tried and proved best voltron commander, sigarda host of herons.

If you want a cool , hipster one: wydwen,the biting gale

If you want pure power, zurgo helmsmasher beats face, especially when equipped.

Kemba is famously good, but EVERYONE has seen or played one.

>Rune-Tail

Oh shit that is spicy tech.

The 2015 R/W dude

>play lord of extinction with brawn in the GY
>die next turn
it aint easy being big

>Kemba is famously good

Kemba has famously good tits

she's famously trash, atrociously bad, like probably the worst ratio of power level to popularity of any commander

I have played against more kemba decks than I have anything else. She panders to casuals in being simple to build, while pumping out tokens and making commander huge. I've seen kemba decks with money pumped into them at my lgs, nothing to smirk at. Lots of cats with lots of anthems, and right when you think you've dealt with it, kemba with two strata scythes swings for unblockable

>m tarkir are all about that shit
>Daring leap seems pretty Kung fu and isn't the worst thing ever with shu yun

You are the best mate! I love you and thank you!

>Noble Hierarch is $65 now
Jesus fucking christ I just want one man.

No worries,
Hope he likes his deck! Have fun building it.

Just get a birds of paradise

Mine is Kresh for maximum rip and tear. You will never feel better than when you resolve a Chandra's Ignition on him.

Play Mimeoplasm so you have to mix up what you recur. You can get combo finishes from infect or hermit druid shit if you want, but I just like having enormous Cold-eyed Selkies.

>they were $ 79.99

traded shit like praetor's grasp for a playset during new phyrexia standard

lol

Proxy it up son.

>inb4 muh investments
>inb4 triggered