Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Nostalgia edition.
FW din du nuffin wrong sub-edition.

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp
>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC
>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Other new links
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww98.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fe6VFn2St%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww116.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fd2D2z8mF%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww110.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2F1USI8Urn%2Ffile.html
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!LoBA0bqS
www98.zippyshare.com/v/e6VFn2St/file.html

Why new thread?

Okay, guess I'm just going to post this VERY CLEARLY Veeky Forums AND /hhg/ RELATED IMAGE, but without mentioning any sort of numeral in my post.

Collected Visions still a best

Last thread, someone said that Mastodon was bad.

Could someone explain?

I was hoping to get one for my Thousand Sons force, but the reception seems dour.

New janitors always nazi it up for a bit.

Fifth for female space marines.

it's heavily overpriced

AFAIK, it mainly has to do with it being a very expensive transport for a bunch of units that can get more cost-effective transports anyway, and it isn't even especially more durable than cheaper options either.

Baiting shitposting and instead of trusting the mods to handle it or delete the entire thread once it turns to shit, decided to start over, since nothing of value was lost.

There were two threads by 2 OPs.

Its beautiful.

>no helmet
>put Kharnia into the trash

Cease.

Person who posted the bait here.

Just give me those precious (You)s and I won't post it in this thread.

you mean

>no bell bottom boots

>Giant bewbs on an already big stronk girl
user stop. I mustn't go to the planet of the magical realms. Not just yet...

I can't let you do that, Starfox. You're gonna have to post some more rage-worthy comments.

Would any legion or force (like Knight Errant) work with personal teleporters instead of jump packs?

What's the fluff on them I cant member. Also is it Yiffs who can't into teleporting, so not them.

>Would any legion or force (like Knight Errant) work with personal teleporters instead of jump packs?
Don't the Outrider Blackshields do that? All infantry units have deepstrike or something.

It's 175 points more than a fellblade for less HP and less fire power all for transport capacity and 2 void shields.

It's entirely outclassed by two Spartans doing the same thing better

Collected visions should be the go-to visual reference for anyone working on a crusade/heresy era army. Doubly so if they're going for the plastic/conversion method.

Oh, it's one of my primary sources. No dedication and effort here.

Visions of Heresy.
If only because the images are actually placed in some sense of order rather than thrown haphazardly all over the book.

Do you guys have any other bits idea for the Legion Vexilla that I can get in decent bulk?

I already snapped one off and I don't like how it bodes in the future for other models.

Use one of the various SM backpack banners?

You just need anything that'll pass for a standard, there's loads and loads of options.

exuberantly over priced niche transport that's primary purpose cannot be achieved in the game as-is.

Knight Errants for sure.

>Outrider Blackshields
Outlander, and yes.

Perfection.

>try to post collected visions PDF
>its over the filesize limit
I think Veeky Forums agrees with you.

Where would you buy them? I'm having trouble finding a steady supply

What's the context here? Loyal EC on Isstvan III?

Yes, an ambush on Sons of Horus if Im not mistaken.

Bitz sites if you're looking for just those. Also ask around your local community, people will prob be okay parting with something like that for free.
If you have 30K/40K bits to stick on to a stick, you can use any polearm weapon with the blade cut off, as in, anything from any model range, not necessarily GW.
If you want actual cheap GW sets, I used a Dark Angel box, I think it was a veteran squad? for a looaaad of bits, it was £15 from the shop as it was old, but it came with 3 banners and a lot of stuff that could have the DA iconography clipped off. There's probably better boxes than that, go take a look in your local shop, I wanted that one as it had robe-y bits as well.

Doesn't make much sense. These guys are doomed, completely cut off and will slowly die one by one. Seem a bit jovial for that. And Who are they taking the pic for anyway? Nobody will see it.

Defiance until the end. And dying one by one sounds great considering the scale of the betrayal, which could account for how the EC lost that many on Istvaan III.
I mean, most people die one by one.
You know a way to make people die all at once? Exterminatus. These guys survived it.

>Seem a bit jovial for that.
The prevailing theme of loyalists in the heresy is "things are shit, don't care, I am so happy I am killing these traitor fucks"

>you don't know what squad is in which transport until you open it up or they disembark

Would you guys be willing to play like this for shits and giggles?

Seems like it could be extra hilarious if you purposely hide dangerous stuff in certain Rhinos and try to mindgame the opponent as to which Rhino they need to prioritize.

I just got my BaC set in. How should I kit out my terminators: stock powerfist, chainfists, claw, or 2x claws?

Always claws.

Weren't those not 'invited' until M32?

It's probably a retooling of a ww2 photo with nazi flags being ripped

>I am so happy I am killing these traitor fucks
1x chainfist per five at a minimum

Whoops, I meant invented. Damn autocorrect...

What do you think of Justaerin?
Personally I don't think they should have 2W: Horus' sons are 2W but the Gorgon's all-metal children aren't?
Maybe if they were 1W they would become cheaper, not to mention they don't fit in any of their DTs with an attached character anymore. Cheaper, 1W and 3 initial size.

How much gold is too much gold for Blood Angels?

The 40k Sanguinary Guard are 100% gold, so...

Hey /hhg/!

I've been playing 40k for a while and I'm starting to tire of the imbalance and general annoyances of the meta, so with a fearful wallet I've decided I want to get into the Horus Heresy. Not go all out, but working on the side seems like a fun time, especially since the models are top notch.

I think I want to do Iron Hands (if that's a bad idea for waacfag/asshole reasons please tell), and I'm working towards a 2,500 list.

What's in it right now is mostly stuff I've got plus what seems cool, but if you could guide towards a fun and fluffy list that'd be ideal.

>2 Units of Cataphractii Terminators
>Techmarine Covenant
>2 Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnoghts
>2 Tactical Squads
>2 Sicarian Battle Tanks
>Leviathan Dreadnought
>2 Vindicators

That all sits at 1,855 points, and gives me some room for upgrades and add ons. I was thinking about some Jetbikes and maybe some Support/Assault Squads, is that a good idea?

Do the Iron Hands have those risen dudes as a unit option yet? The cyborg undead dudes. I would be totally cool with them getting 2 wounds, or a rule like the old Death Company one where they have 1 real wound and 1 temporary one for VP purposes.

It depends on whether or not they are Sanguinary guard, which is funny because the blood guard have barely any red and you could mistake them for smol Custodes or Dornlets.

Is the visions of heresy book in any of the megas?

What about at maximum? Just go all 5?

IH sadly have rules limiting taking bike, jetbike, jump and skimmer units. Everything you've mentioned are solid choices, although like myself, there's more heavy support units listed than are normally fieldable.

yeh

You'll need and HQ and sicarans can't squadron so you have 4/3 available HS options. But those are solid choices.

You'll need a transport for your termis. Drop a sicaran and grab a land raider. Throw in a beefy HQ, a pod for the leviathan and you should just about be at 2.5k points, which is the baseline for 30k.

>smol
fuck off outta here, kat

Question for the Iron Warriors players out there. Whats the best way to paint hazard stripes? yellow over black or black over yellow?

Black over yellow.

Can you link me a mega? I've never seen collected visions

what is a kat

Should I paint the trim on the armour plates on the mk3 boys?

I worry about it being way, way too gold by the end of it. Especially in a legion that doesn't like ornanmentation. Plus it adds alot more time to basecoat each marine.

My worry is they'll look way, way too fancy next to my mk 4 squads (pictured on the right)

damn thats nice

not necessary, but if they were veterans I'd probably do them in gold

For my IWs I paint them. I looks pretty nice I think.

it's overkill unless everyone in your meta is spamming land raiders and spartans (or knights), but yeah, you could do that. 1/5 is kind of the norm, though, and you usually don't need more than that

>The Alpha legion have an exclusive uber-operator marine, the Saboteur
>Mfw Coils of the Hydra prevents their use, and only the regular Vigilator version may be used.
Besides shooty termie squads, are there any other infantry squads worthy of being deployed by deep strike?

Not for normal fags.

I think it'll look fine especially if they're veterans. You'll have to do the wash again obviously otherwise it'll be way too shiny.

>Riding the ironfire with WE in a shattered legions force

Thoughts on this? Since you'll be bumrushing your WE towards close combat they'll be able to act as "spotters" for the IW artillery

Spotters, or do the IW just attach a locator to them and bomb them on the assumption that give them five minutes and they'll be chopping at the enemy?

It's probably the best way of using the Ironfire. Combined with Surlak's Inductii it can go nice. Golg could bring WE Legion termie squads as troops.
I'll never understand why he's not a Warsmith if he was named as one of the Trident.

Have...er, rage World Eater
:^)
I hadn't thought of Golg. I suppose he'd be good as he has a nuncio-vox

I could be going about this the wrong way... What about IF sniper vets and WE weapon master vets in a sacred duty ROW? An attractive bit of riding the ironfire is the fearless bit which stops my WE running away but I could take inductii to get around this....
So many cool combinations I'm really loving the HH

You can have one saboteur in coils tho, you'll just need a praetor or Alpharius

But I wanted two :^)

>I'll never understand why he's not a Warsmith if he was named as one of the Trident
From reading his fluff the impression I got from him is that he was powerful and ruthless, but kind of a dumbass. He's kind of like the archetypal strongman henchman for Perturabo. He'll let Golg loose on things that require a lot of force without a lot of thinking or precision, but he's not trusting him with strategy.

He doesn't need to trust him with strategy, he's fucking Perturabo

>I got from him is that he was powerful and ruthless, but kind of a dumbass
Like father like son, I say.
Maybe that's why Pert doesn't like him, because he hates himself.
>MiniPert.gif

I accidentally all chainfists. Though only kinda accidentally, I think a lot of the lightning claw poses in the BaC set look goofy. If I need claws, I'll get FW.

Well, if you ever decide it's too many points you can just pretend they're powerfists, so that's not so bad. Also, fuck Spartans and Knights. PUNCH IT TO DEAAAATH

I have a double Khere contemptor, double grav gun fist contemptor, and now a 3rd unequipped comtemptor.

What do I equip the third one with? I'm thinking either melta + flamer for maximum close range shenannigans or going heavy conversion beamer + volkite culvern for maximum Mars.

What builds do you guys like on your comtemptor?

chainfist and fist, and running three of them. Eventually i will do another three
i do Night Lords and its the only way i can succeed at terror assault

Can deep striking termie spam work in HH?

depends. For legions based around stacking buffs in a friendly meta, sure. For user and his interceptor ordo reductor doomhammer or whatever other bullshit, probably not.

it's boring, but double TL autocannon makes for a decent anti-air contemptor-mortis. the double kheres is cool and all, but 24 inches isn't a lot of inches for actually intercepting anything. that said, you can just spend a few more points for a deredeo and get the same thing but +1S.

desu I'd probably just make another fist/chainfist dread and run it either as a cortus or a normal, possibly with double grav but maybe something else, idk. stuff like melee dreads tend to work better when you have a few of them so they can't get away

were Lucius pattern titans used in HH?

the FW books keep showing art of legio astorum full of mars pattern titans. But the legio is from Lucius. … so lucius pattern is retconned? or?

mars is the new hotness, and forgeworld hates boxes

this is why chimera-chassis vehicles aren't in the militia list

new models are new. fw likes new. it's really just that.

Both patterns of Titan are much older than the Heresy, so you can use either.
Like others have said, FW loves the Mars Pattern's curvy hull, that is all.

>lucius pattern was discontinued
>none of the recasters i trust have the lucius in availability
this is the worst feel

Dual flamer fist, dual asscan fist, culverin and asscan fist are my currently build dreads

am i the only one disgusted with the whole megadakka thing Bangels get? its just so fucking silly

>not supporting the model while it was available
>not even getting it for cheap from recasters while it was available
>now when YOU want it and it's convenient for YOU not even recasters have it

It's called justice.

I am, it's the only thing keeping me from starting a Blood Angels force, the assault cannons on fucking everything is just way too overkill.

Gimmicky one-weapon themes always feel out of place.

nigger, i wasnt even seriously in this hobby when the lucius was available

Titans are ugly anyway

theres a guy in the community starting a heresy Bangels army and he keeps sperging out about his epik death blossom leviathan he's gonna build and its just sheer autism

I want that helmet. Greek themed EC sound incredible.

>no nails
>unblemished face
>boob plate

Wow this is pretty bad

BIG
FAT
BERSERKER
TATS