>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE CLOWNS):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

first for the true rulers of the galaxy

first one to talk gets to stay on my aircraft

I need 105 more points to get the 1500 total.

What should I add or remove, anons? I'm liking the list so far. Once I think it's complete, I'll start buying, building, and painting them up as my first army!

1500 Fluffy Dark Angels

-Terminator Librarian, 90
+ML2, 25
+Foe Smiter, 15
Total, 125

-Terminator Company Master, 120
+Storm Shield, 5
+Mace of Redemption, 30
+Auspex, 5
Total, 160

Troops
-3x Tactical Squad, 70
+5 marines, 70
+Plasma Gun, 15
+Multi Melta, 10
Total, 180 (540)

Dedicated Transports
-3xRhinos, 105

Elites
-Venerable Dreadnought, 125
+Extra Armor, 10
+Heavy Flamer, 10
Total, 135

Dedicated Transport
-Drop Pod, 35
+Locator Beacon, 10
+Deathwind Launcher, 15
Total, 60

-Deathwing Command Squad, 200
+Champion, 5
+Apothecary, 5
+Plasma Cannon, 15
+Deathwing Company Standard, 20
+2 Chainfists, 10
+Perfidious Relic of the Unforgiven, 15
Total, 270

Complete Total, 1,395

Anybody got any cool Rogue Trader Space Marine paint schemes?

Like yellow and black tiger stripes, that kind of thing.

I remember a picture of a painted marine captain who was white with red stripes. I could have sworn I saved that image but it's gotten away from me.

can we all agree that Dark Angels players are, as a whole, the most largely moronic player base of any faction? Is it the Dark Vengeance thing or just too many new players?

>Arvus beat filthy xenos faglord to first

Glorius cute

As shitty as they are I still want one. Too bad even recast prices aren't worth it.

the stubby wings make it look cute

not a fan of rye or sourdough, but honey wheat is where it's at

y'know, you got me, it really is an adorable little fucker isn't it

POST PICTURES
PICTURES OF ARMIES

>not a fan of rye
i mean that's okay you're entitled to your opinions user
>...or sourdough
DUDE WHAT THE FUCK GET OUT OF HERE YOU DISGUSTING FAGGOT

They're not too bad in Solar Auxilia lists.

More Imperial Agent leaks?

Anyone?

(I just want the Inquisition warband stuff and Crusaders)

>weaf.jpg (5.52 MB, 6016x4000)

You shame the great world-ship of Mymeara.

>Too bad even recast prices aren't worth it.

Get a load of this entitled poorfag.

I didn't imagine the Arvus would be so beloved. Are its stubby wings really that cute?

Although I want one, too, even if it is just table decoration.

So, orks need
>More dakka to make up for their poor BS
>More survivability to make up for their poor initiative
>Something to help with their poor leadership

At what point value is it okay to start using detachments? I'm getting my GSC up and running and I'm really excited to use all the cool detachments and stuff, but my group is pretty casual and I don't want to be destroying them at low point values. It seems like it's not even possible to do the Uprising detachment at anything lower than around 750 points.

Also, I'm not totally clear, but it seems like I can do a GSC detachment without having a warlord, since you don't need to bring an HQ. Is that correct?

Ah, whoops! Still, S6 is a good strength, and can glance/pen AV12/AV10-11. Rending lets it do even more, and buffs it as well. Razorbacks and non-standard Land Raiders being able to take them Twin Linked is a nice bonus.

Hmmm, let me think, if you removed Foe-Smiter with a regular Storm Bolter, got rid of the Deathwind Launcher, and the Extra Armor on your Ven Dread you could probably afford another dread in a pod, or some other unit, like some Preds or something.

A shame you aren't running MSU. TL Assault Cannon Razorbacks just look so great.

Anyways, if you want to shave some points down even then, see if you can replace the plasma cannon with an Assault cannon. Iirc, the Assault cannon is cheaper, though the Plasma Cannon is better for hordes, I think the Assault Cannon is better simply because it lacks Gets Hot, and therefore doesn't ruin it's chance to fire.

Then again, I just like miniguns and other guns that have that distinctive look/style.

>>More dakka to make up for their poor BS

BS4

>>More survivability to make up for their poor initiative

T4 3+

>>Something to help with their poor leadership

Automatically re-group, cannot be swept, immune to fear.

get a load of this assault cannon shill who doesn't even know the statline of the gun that he is literally fellating with his posts

rhino rush was a fair and balance tactic

Need inspiration for kitbashes and conversions. Show me your dank ass conversions. Bonus points if they're made from toys.

It's like it was made for a style of gameplay that doesn't exist, some kind of civilian escape scenario and that is pretty cool.

All orks get feel no pain.

Change mob rule to the old mob rule(fearless if over ten models in a unit,)

Boss pole lets you refill failed LD

Up everones initative by one, and give them the old furious charge rule(+1 str AND +1 initative on charge)

Point adjustment on the nauts and stompa

There, we now have a solid book.

Fish of Fury took skill and finesse

Why do people like AdMech? They are the lamest army in the game, every single model looks exactly the same.

>Kill Team uses it as an improvised escape vehicle in a Zone Mortalis boarding/infiltration mission

Hey man, I just like the color scheme and fluff of the Angels of Absolution.

I just would prefer to run a fluffy list over a more WAAC-y one. It's not fun if one of us keeps winning/losing all the time, nor is it fun if user brings all his cheese in a single game.

user, you love Assault Cannons too much. I think they're cool too, but I'm going to keep the plasma cannon termi, though. I like it too much. Might go for a second dread though, but I don't know. Will need to look over everything and see what's available. Maybe some Black Knights.

no, dark angles were bad before DV

t. butt blasted Fenrisian savage.

user, I bet you just wish that the Assault Cannon was S7. That would be great.

Imagine, a S7 AP4 Heavy 4 Rending weapon.

Aw yeah. Popping vehicles and everything else in it's way.

youve done it

hq =/= warlord. you can make anything a warlord but only characters get the warlord trait. most tend to make the warlord an hq because the're usually more powerful or tougher then basic troops

here's most of my daemons setting up to fight blood angels at 3k i believe

Is it okay to use rules for a chaos legion if you're army is a custom chaos warband?

>square bases

>ugly yellow shit on all the vehicle bases

is this a joke army?

>shitty
>deep striking 12 man flying transport unit

>Imagine, a S7 AP4 Heavy 4 Rending weapon
I don't need to imagine.

I don't see why not.

Glorious.

Give that man a baneblade! Failing that, an army of Leman Russes!

Legions are often made up of different warbands. They aren't entirely uniform. I mean it's fucking CHAOS.

sir we've just received a report, the scheduled tau army refuses to land to oppose the baneblade, they're leaving the system

we've won but feel hollow inside, their departing message was "fuck off WAAC faggot I don't come to play against super heavies outside of apocalypse if I see you again I'll shove that baneblade up yer arse sideways"

>people calling other anons armies shit
Post your army, then.

Yeah of course.

If you want an in-universe explanation just say they're a splinter from the legion. 90% of the current renegades are probably descended from the original 9.

So I guess there's this:

World Eaters Butcherhorde (1779/1850pts)

Maelstrom of Gore

[125pts] Chaos Lord (Mark of Khorne, VotLW, Sigil of Corruption, Juggernaut)
[295pts] Khorne Berzerkers x15 (VotLW)
[295pts] Khorne Berzerkers x15 (VotLW)
[162pts] Khorne Berzerkers x8 (VotLW)
[162pts] Khorne Berzerkers x8 (VotLW)

Hellforged Warpack

[130pts] Warpsmith (VotLW, Combi-Melta)
[110pts] Hellbrute (Plasma Cannon, Power Fist)
[125pts] Maulerfiend
[125pts] Maulerfiend
[125pts] Maulerfiend
[125pts] Maulerfiend

Chaos Lord still needs to be fleshed out. Talisman of Burning Blood? Axe of Blind Fury? Can only take one, right?

>Is it okay to use rules for a Space Marine Chapter Tactics if your army is a custom chapter of Space Marines

Yes

Draigowing was an amazing feat of tactical ability

my army has a lot of metal, kinda old at this point, and at one point i was setting up to play whfb with my daemons. notice the 2 keepers that are metal and oop by at least a decade

as for the bases it's road markings. the exalted chariots are about the size of a land raider. i was gonna do cobblestone but the greenstuff didn't hold well

500 point Beginning Templar List
Chaplain

Crusader Squad
5 Intiates
- 1 Meltagun
- 1 Power Axe
3 Neophytes w/ Shotguns
Sword Brother w/ Power Sword
Rhino

Crusader Squad
5 initiates
- 1 Lascannon
- 1 Plasma Gun

Crusader Squad
- 1 Lascannon
- 1 Plasma Gun

Any suggestions to change this list and what should I look to change as I move to 1000 point games?

Well, the Word Bearers are still a legion. The Iron Warriors are mostly a legion.
Angron keeps trying to gather all the World Eaters and form them into a legion. He's getting really mad since he keeps finding more everywhere.

>road markings

have you honestly ever seen a road?

that looks like you tried to paint with mac and cheese sauce

No anti-air?

Cool was going to make them traitor blood ravens from end of dawn of war 2 retribution that fled when loyalists won.

>STILL doesn't post his large, well painted army

sticks and stones may break my army but meet me offline for a game at 1501. also mac and cheese is delicious so thank you for the compliment

I'll take it your using Thousand Sons?

Pretty good, they've come full circle.

Seperate units now one formation with acolyte tax brings them together

Why would anybody not like AdMech? They are the coolest army in the game, every single model is gorgeous.

I agree.

Don't think that'd work, though it'd be funny. The ones from DOW2 were pretty Khornate.

Yeah
I dunno if I want to use the thousand son's rules though

I find them creepy. Creepier than chaos.

Meant to reply to

I don't got them myself but they are gorgeous models

Man, I really wish I saved it, but an user in the /wip/ thread painted his 30th anniversary Imperial Space Marine like the Space Marine police scheme, complete with the line of hazard striping on the beak.

Also check out the Salamanders old scheme.

Space Phyrexians

All glory to the Ineffable One

True but there obsession for relics and the prominence of psykers implies they're descended from TS gene seed.

Their*, Jesus I need to go to bed.

Are the fw blight drones any fun to play? They look like the kind of thing Id want three of.

how is the warp hunter? on a scale of guardians to wraithknight how does it rate?

>World Eaters
>Templars

when did 40k general get so MANLY?

>lasplas

Doesn't really work anymore. If you're going to bother taking a heavy weapon, take a gravcannon so you can move and shoot at full BS.

You'll need transports. Rhinos and Drop Pods, Land Raiders depending on how hardcore you think your meta is; if it's too strong your LRs will just get toasted early game.

Using this colour scheme to work from what what colour should the metal be? Silver gold or bronze?

I've seen all that, I mean the datasheets.

silver

I think the cherry red glaze that FW paints their pre-Heresy TS with would be cool. I know it's a cunt to paint though.

My old 'nid army, who have been sadly left untouched for many years.

Made a list to give me a project to get off my ass and actually have an army to play with

Wanted something to focus on using bikes

Planning bikers and rhino squads take offense with devastators provide support

I was thinking maybe adding some Furioso dreads to cause chaos behind enemy lines

I still only own one. Haven't used the poor guy in a while, but I should dig him out. I recall enjoying it in the games I played.

So after Fenris will we finally have "13th Black Crusade" event?

Thanks for all the help in the previous thread, truly you are all doing the Emperor's work. I just want some final opinions before I start making purchases.

It's like a more mobile, longer ranged but less reliable and less durable Vaul's Wrath D-battery with a D-scythe up its sleeve for emergencies and-or toasting covercampers nicely. I like them a lot.

Also Guardians aren't shit.

Just remember that without relentless those devastators do very little on the turn they arrive.

You could even have a weird inner circle that worships the Thousand Sons and thinks Magnus did nothing wrong...

>Lets take the basic unit Orks have had
>That they have always had
>Which was doing fine, but really got hurt by the latest Mob rule change
>And give it free FnP
>And some initiative
>And more initiative on the charge
>And revert the Mob rule to previously really good version after all that
>And call it balanced
Jesus, do you work for Blizzard? You could balance their games to Tee.

Give bosspoles +1 Ld.
Make them fearless if within 6" of another unit with Mob Rule.
Let them take a Nob per 10 models.
And it wouldn't hurt for Trukks to be able to deliver them safely again.
They'll be as good as they were, require just a little bit more thought (or just more bodies to let you link the whole army), and can frontload on Klaws to really pile on the hurt.

You bet your sweet ass we're getting there. End Times 40k and straight on into Age of Emperor.

Here is my updated list of changes to make orks killy again. I will be sending this to GW. Thanks to everyone who provided constructive feedback.

ORKS

1. All dakka weapons now have their rate-of-fire increased by 1.

2. All orks now have Feel No Pain 6+. This can be improved with Wargear and Painboyz up to a maximum of 4+.

3. Boyz are now I3, Nobz are now I4, and Warbosses are now I5.

4. A successful ork charge grants +1 Strength and +1 Initiative during the first round of combat.

5. Bosspoles now allow a reroll for all morale and leadership tests.

6. Characters now have access to non-Mega Armour wargear that grants a 4+ invulnerable save.

What kind of list would one run for an IG army based on Imperial Japan? Catachans?

Does Dante scrape and lick to get his blood?

But user magnus did nothing wrong
Im thinking of giving a lord some feathered wings and making them like a raven's as well

actually i'm slowly building a guardian warhost, it's just hard to rate the eldar stuff since everything is powerful. i really like the idea of some bakers doing weekend war missions

I have one.
Its basically a flying battle cannon which is pretty cool, and you get to make vomit jokes because its weapon is literally puke. The model is also disgustingly beautiful.

Who's the Priest shack up with?
Can't fit in a rhino, can't keep up with bikes. Is he there to give a 60 point FnP to your devastators?

Point

Any changes I could make?

Probably.

It would be infantry heavy with lots of heavy weapon teams.

Commissars for fearless.

Maybe some light tanks like the Hellhound variants.

I'd say skyhammer but BA can't take it

Are Bolt Action models the right scale? I'm sure they have some good bits to work with for kitbashing if they are.

I would need to read up more on Imperial Japan's war doctrine. I assume IG has enough toys to fit whatever the preferred tactics and combat doctrine were.