Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

How do you like your alchemists and investigators? Beastmorphs? Mindchemists? Vivisectionists? Empiricists? Questioners? Is there any reason to do an alchemist other than a Polymath/Vivisectionist in a DSP game?

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/wilder/archetypes/dreamscarred-press/battle-wilder
docs.google.com/document/d/10dEgLazR1i9O9Cs0z-6Znw96ocJPu3CVGuEOkCEfqLw/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>>majority female group in the catfolk nation
>gg no re, this campaign is done for
>If you want to motivate them to travel and adventure, the plot literally needs to be "Oh No Catopia Has Been Nuked!"
But I've been planning this actual campaign for weeks. Maybe I can just let them grab whichever ones they want to woo and have those NPCs be like their entourage who cook for them and shit?

I mean, you could. But do you really want to?

I'm depressed /teeg/

FeelsBadMan

Same. I have a potluck and white elephant gift exchange at work tomorrow. I'm trying really hard to get my coworkers to like me. I baked a pecan pie, made a tamale casserole, and bread pudding. I got a "anti-work stress" gag gift for white elephant (a toy megaphone, stress doll with "boss" on it, and little flask that says 'drinking is the answer).

The pie is in the oven. I just began sobbing and I don't know why. This has been happening a lot lately. Everything is just pain, both physical and mental. Going to the psychiatrist hasn't been helping. I'm contemplating suicide, but have no way to do it at home besides cutting myself or actually drinking chemicals from under the sink. I don't even keep headache medicine around. I could down a bunch of anti-depressants, but don't think that would kill me.

I don't know why it hurts so much. Everything is just shame, regret, misery, and fear. I live every moment is terror that I'll fuck something up. I want the other shoe to drop so I can finally be a failure like I know I am. I need this to end. I need this sham to end. Fucking hell I wish I could die.

jesus christ

Smoke some weed.

Normally I would say seek help but you already are.

Talk to your pharmacologist if you're having suicidal thoughts while on anti-depressants. Sometimes it really is as simple as finding the right medication.

If it's not, we're here for you.

Polymaths.

How do I make human, low level, anti-mage NPC Alchemists/Investigators?

If it makes you feel any better that's a pretty good white elephant gift.

There's usually a decent number of people here to talk to, like said.

Beyond that, I don't know what to tell you. Every time I try to think of something helpful to say, I'm reminded of my own problems and failures.

Sorry.

>How do you like your alchemists and investigators?

CUTE!

T H I C C T H I G H S

user, your campaign is either going to be about some roasted fur or about you roleplaying various boys getting pegged for 5 hours straight, unless you have like a nationwide FIV epidemic written down in your notes right now.

>I wish I could die
You haven't killed yourself yet, so you don't actually think this. You're just going through a rough spot right now and it'll be good enigelslday.

not thicc enough

THAT'S CUTE BUT IT'S NOT PURE

THEY NEED TO BE
P U R E

That is much too T H I C C

Girls don't want to peg catboys dumbfuck

> I need a secondary class for a Dragoon-style character. Primary is going to be Warlord with Piercing Thunder, this is gestalt..

Suggestions?

Dragoon?

Go Soulknife. They have a bladeskill that lets them teleport.

Teleport in the air and dragon dive down on your enemies.

HORSE AND PISTOL

I really hope so. It's been getting worse and worse. I'm too afraid of death to kill myself, but life hurts too much. It's gone from manageable to not every since I began living alone. My physical and mental health are both deteriorating.

I'm trying really hard. I go to the gym 5 times a week now and try and eat right. My doctor told me there is a good chance I'll need surgery on my ear soon. The headaches won't stop and asthma plus the city air gives me chest pain. My inhaler helps only a bit.

It's ok. I used to tell myself things would be better in the morning, but that isn't true. I more say now that happiness is out there and it's something you strive for. You have to find it somewhere.

Thank you.

I'll try I think I may need my medication changed.

Horse and Pistol isn't the name of a class user.

So how do I play a mounted combatant without falling into the "can't go through small spaces" problem. Should I play a small sized mounted character? Are there any small sized PC races without strength penalties?

You have the entire concept covered entirely already. You can give it concept-overlapping classes like Paladin or Barbarian to add more plusses I guess, but I'd rather say you should be thinking up more than just 'dragoon' for your character in a gestalt game, otherwise you're just filling your neapolitan ice cream tub with vanilla.

Well, she's a travelling monster hunter also.

You can technically play a tiefling, aasimar or changeling as Small versions without further adjustment. I think there was also a small race with powerful build too but I forget if it was only 3.5 or something PF.

Really do. I'm rooting for you user. You're going to kick ass at this office thing. We're all gonna make it, I know that.

Several threads ago, we had a productive discussion about trying to make Golden Sun Adept classes into PF.

How'd that turn out?

Dragoon

Inquisitor then. They fit thematically with Dragoons as Monster Slayer experts thanks to Bane and Monster Lore.

Battle Wilder

>d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/wilder/archetypes/dreamscarred-press/battle-wilder

Take powers that boost your stats or improve your mobility.

Inquisitor, max the shit out of monster-identifying knowledge skills. I think there's a trait somewhere to let you roll Knowledge Religion for Knowledge Planes or the other way around, which would reduce the skill point burden. Investigators and Bards also make fantastic knowledgemonkeys, but Inquisitor is the one who has Bane and Greater Bane to adapt some extra power toward creature types. Half-Orc Inquisitors even get bigger bonuses as favored class benrfit at a fast rate (and intimidate too I think).

>pure
>wearing THAT for a top

Please.

You're in charge of designing three new hybrid classes. What do you combine and what do they become? What is their core class feature?

Remember the following classes haven't yet been part of a Hybrid Class:
>Paladin
>Cavalier
>Inquisitor
>Magus
>Summoner
>Vigilante
>Anti-paladin
>Ninja
>Samurai

>Inquisitor/Oracle
Apostle, a 6 level caster that can inflict upon himself a number of negative effects (like oracle curses) for positives. The are called Flagellation, he gains more over time. He has one that is activated all day he does in the morning, but can gain a second for a short while as a full-round action.

>Cavalier/Summoner
Pact Knight, a 4 level caster knight whose lore is an extraplanar being. Fights in mounted combat, but with a customization mount like an Eidolon. However this mount is limited in scope compared to the Summoner's. To make up for it both the Knight's Armor and Weapon are also outsiders he customizes in a similar manner.

>Anti-Paladin/Barbarian
Mad Zealot that has a rage like feature that can only be activated in the presence of good beings. Takes the cruelties and expands upon them, makes them the main class feature to make the class a melee specialized debuffer.

>genuine sorrow
Disgusting

As far as race goes, she's going to be a Demon Tiefling for the ability bonuses. Yeah, she has Int as a bit of a dump stat but she's strong!

user, take the Knowledge Domain. Sure, you need to make a touch attack, but if you do then it's like you rolled a 12 on any knowledge roll, only with Wisdom as your relevant stat.

Dude not cool

Magus is sort of a hybrid class, since it's Fighter / Wizard, and an Inquisitor is a Cleric / Rogue.
Ninja, Samurai, and Antipaladin are alternate classes, so they can take whatever role in the hybrid that the base class provided.

Paladin/anti-paladin

>chest pain
>asthma
It's just DHB complaining, fucking ignore him. He's a faggot who ruins these threads.

I actually really like that Apostle idea.

You forgot that Paladin is Cleric/Fighter, the hybrid that became warpriest.

What would a ninja/paladin hybrid be like?

I was thinking about it, but decided to leave it out because of the paladin code and alignment restriction.

But, we could combine the Cleric and Paladin like they did for the Druid and Ranger.

I'm not sure what you would do with it, but every alignment could have a special holy warrior like the Paladin.

Pointless.

Here, have a dose of real problems.

Oh god this archetype's so bad.
>Combat surge is an enhancement bonus which means that by midgame either it's absolutely useless or you need your combat surge to just break even with other martials who have their belt of strength permanently active

Her Wisdom isn't great either. Piercing Thunder Warlord needs Strength, Dexterity and Charisma. There's not a lot of room for wis or int.

I'm not sure that'll help, considering A) user can't do anything about that and B) it's too late to do anything about it.

You don't give someone a little perspective by showing them the impending apocalypse, that's just too much.

Would people be willing to rip apart my gestalt build? This is only the second gestalt character I've made, and it's a lot more complicated than the first.

It's a level 7 start, using the theworldissquare feat tax overhaul.

I give you Rainier St. Helens, the Hunter || Preacher/Sanctified Slayer

www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1035685

And his animal companion, Thomas the Tiger

www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1035686

What if took the basic Wilder?

The secondary class, if it's a caster, needs to use Charisma and have no chance of spell failure.

I would recommend adding Hurtful to your feat build as you seem to be going an intimidate route but otherwise it looks fine to me.

Also I really appreciate the description and inventory of Thomas.

Oh, there's plenty of things you can individually do, lifestyle changes to make you more resilient to societal and economic upheaval.

Alternatively when the end comes you can take comfort in that it wasn't your fault, you were just the victim of human greed and an uncaring universe.

I haven't seen Hurtful before. It seems like I'll have a lot of options vying for the use of my swift action though. I'll keep it in mind for later feats though, since it goes really well with Cornugon Smash.

I like that someone else liked Thomas

Ditching Solo Tactics seems like a huge waste, especially since one of the best Inquisitor pounce tactic involves using Stick Together + pre-errata Ring of Ferocious Action.

Not to mention, Determination is pretty weak and doesn't scale with level. Once you reach a high enough level, most enemies are guaranteed to hit you due to slow AC progression, regardless how often you can make them reroll.

You know what I like more than domains?

KNAWLEDGE.

>FFT
>not turning your Ramza into a TWF Ninja DK

Yeah, I put a lot of thought into getting rid of Solo Tactics, but it seemed redundant to have it when I'll be benefiting from teamwork feats with my animal companion anyway.

I mainly wanted Determination to prevent people from critting me and my allies.

Am I missing something in Solo Tactics that changes everything here?

Better this than an asteroid strike (poor Azlant, huh?). "Destroyed by their own hubris" is a much more compelling story than "stood under a falling rock and got squished." The biosphere will endure, though. It's suffered worse at least twice.

Well, for a paltry 500 million years until CO2 depletion renders eukaryotes incapable of further existence and the world belongs to bacteria until all the water is gone a few billion years later, at which point-

Well, I'm getting off track.

The same would happen no matter what anyone did. No king rules forever. It was an okay run. Some neat toys got made and at least someone was happy at the end.

If Golarion really is out there somewhere I hope they do okay. Well, until the sun burns out or Rovagug gets out or the Daemons get out or the Aboleth do something stupid or something like that.

Honestly I'm not sure how to continue this in a Pathfinder thread, or if I even should, or where I was going with any of this.

Maybe I should go to sleep.

In all likelihood even in the worst case scenario humans will endure. We're good at it and have the technology for it. Until the world actually becomes incapable of supporting life we'll be around. Likely we'll be around even after that.

Besides the worse case scenario outcomes look like they're not gonna happen. We on track for a middle outcome with is a mass extinction event that won't really effect most people's daily lives.

Okay, shilled my RotJR character last time right before the thread died, let's try again.

Kitsune (Yokai, Keen Kitsune) Warder (Bushi)||U Rogue (Kitsune Trickster).

>kitsune gets awakened in Fangwood
>joins up with some humans as a bandit
>enjoys the life as a merry trickster
>occasionally hears about some guy named Irgal
>likes the idea that someone is leading
>eventually the band breaks up
>they tell her that it's called Nirmathas, and they're free
>looks around and sees that it's just a clusterfuck
>this won't stand
>she leaves and joins the Molthuni army
>climbs the ranks as a tactician and negotiator
>Molthune still can't beat Nirmathas
>gets pissed and orders a risky attack
>her force gets slaughtered, and she gets dismissed
>leaves Molthune, wanders to a quiet town to fade away

Combining Solo Tactics + Hunter Tactics is awesome really.
You BOTH learn teamwork feats.

Remember - Hunters aren't rangers - they're better but for functionally different reasons. Namely, sharing teamwork feats with his companion to get more attacks than would be possible.

First off, get Ring of Ferocious Action + Stick Together teamwork feat.
You and your companion now have Pounce.

Build yourself into a dexterity-based crit-fisher. Use DSP's deadly agility feat and improved critical. Do the same for your animal companion. Grab Seize the Moment teamwork feat for more chances to AoO.

Hunter's animal companions know Ranger skirmisher tricks. Grab Entangling Attack and Vengeful Attack for more free AoOs if an enemy attempts to target an adjacent ally.

Remember that animal companions can learn monster feats.
Awesome Blow + Minotaur's Charge on a large charging animal companion is awesome.

Snatch and Crush is great if you can Enlarge your companion. Snatch is a free grab attack. Crush is a free pin attack.

From your Inquisitor side, the same teamwork feats you got for your hunter, benefits your inquisitor if your allies can deal a crit - that's more AoOs for you again.

I don't know that my GM would use the pre-errata'd Ring of Ferocious Action.

I'll probably still take the Stick Together feat, but I would rather stay Strength-based, and I have a 15-20 crit range already.

I see this character's role as locking down single enemies with disgustingly high to-hit modifiers from Outflank+Pack Flanking+Tripping people (usually with Thunderstomp)+Paired Opportunists, likely taking Greater Trip eventually. I know that that isn't the most optimal thing to go for on 3/4 BAB, but between Studied Combat and flanking bonuses I think I can make it work.

Actually, we're on track for the worst case scenario outside of "second venus". Ice-free Arctic won't happen in 2050, it'll happen summer next year.

Also I plan on taking Skirmisher tricks ASAP, but it seemed more important to get basic ones out of the way, like making sure Thomas will get into and out of combat when I want him too.

If you want a lockdowner, consider getting a Roc, Wolf or a Pouncer Big Cat.

Rocs can get Snatch and Crush monster feats. Hover is also a great defensive feat.

Wolfs have really good tripping bonuses.

Big Cats can attempt a pin + rend after a pounce attack.

Ask your DM if he'll allow training sets of tricks instead of individual tricks, especially if you've got a high handle animal to justify it. saves you time and free extra tricks.

>Ice-free Arctic won't happen in 2050, it'll happen summer next year.

I remember al gore telling me something similar in 2000.

>le Al Gore meme
Al Gore has probably done more to harm the non-debate on climate change than any other individual, just by presenting himself as a strawman.

Was that his plan all along? Crashing this movement with no survivors?

Thomas the tiger is already a pouncer big cat. He will be grabbing and raking everyone while I Studied Combat Sneak Attack.

OF COURSE!

Scientist have already worked alongside companies for the longest time to help curb greenhouse emission by improving our technology to be more environment friendly.

Our cars have become more and more emission friendly due to how our engines are designed and due to how our fuel is processed.

Coal is slowly becoming obsolete because we've made cheaper alternatives for energy.

Manufacturing produces fewer toxic byproducts due to how we've switched to more bio-degradable compounds.

The biggest hamper to the world, ironically but not surprisingly, is politics, and how climate change is a politically charged issue when its clearly a no-brainer.

Fear-inflicting Paladin Batman?

Cannabis sounds like it would do you a lot of good. Could even help with the asthma, so long as you vaporize instead of combust (which you should be doing anyway). Pick a strain that's good for anxiety and pain management.

Sorta.

It's a political issue in large part due to oil companies being in bed with politicians.

And there's also the social issue of the responsibility of curbing emissions lying in the richest countries in the world, since they produced the bulk of CO2 released into the environment by human activity over the past 200 years of industrialization (and in particular the post WW2 acceleration), but now with China, India et al industrializing, they are being told "no, this is bad for the environment."

Of course, the ethical thing to do would be to help them, but even if governments wanted to, the patents for say 3rd generation nuclear plants lie in the hands of private companies.

But whether political action can affect our carbon emissions is a bit of a moot discussion since last year it was discovered that both the greenland ice sheet and the west antarctic ice sheet are unstable and breaking up from the inside, so there is going to be a 2 to 5 meter sea level rise within our lifetimes. This is beyond the technical capacity of the human race to deal with, so relocation of coastal cities will be the only choice.

Okay?

Looking for feedback, user. It's okay not to have any.

FIV won't affect humans, and no girl wants to PEG their catboy pets. You take them to bed, hold them tight and snuggle them until they purr!

>there is going to be a 2 to 5 meter sea level rise within our lifetimes.

yes, good sheeple, believe this

no, we won't prove it, stop being a DENIER

Make it a Vigilante.

There are ALREADY climate refugees. And not in third world countries, this is in the US. The land on which these people live is now underwater because of rising sea levels.

>Magus/Paladin
Crusader - a defense-based divine martial gish whose forte is area denial and damage mitigation. His main class feature is 'conviction' - which converts damage he receives into points he can spend for party wide buffs like energy resistance, damage reduction, etc. He can also use conviction to cast defense spells at allies or himself before they get hit with a spell or attack.

>Druid/Barbarian
Already made it into a homebrew class, known as the Avatar - docs.google.com/document/d/10dEgLazR1i9O9Cs0z-6Znw96ocJPu3CVGuEOkCEfqLw/edit?usp=sharing

>Shaman/Occultist
Working on a homebrew called a Totemist - a pseudohybrid class who can create Totems, which radiate AoE spell-like abilities to buff allies and debuff enemies within the area. He can also create fetishes, which are single-use wondrous items triggered by specific conditions like receiving fire damage or failing a will save, lastly, he can create shaman tattoos, which grants himself and allies spiritual aspects such as competence bonuses to skills and attacks based on which body part the tattoo is placed on.

Vigilante+Antipaladin would be pretty amazing.

Have you ever heard of Grey Jedi?
They seek Balance to the Force.
I suppose lets call this class a Warden.

If Paladins seek good, and AntiPalis seek evil,
Wardens seek neutrality.

They can counteract good by becoming evil and vice-versa, He can't excel in anything, because by design, he's a counterweight rather than an actual opposing force.

Already somewhat exists - the Serial Killer

Yeah that's not a real human believable motivation for any character, it's forced and extremely brainless.

>using hybrid classes to make hybrid classes
Don't do this.

Its not really a hybrid of a hybrid. There's just no other class that fits the shaman aesthetically compared to what I'm currently designing.

If anything, its 90% more about an Occultist gaining power from a divine source rather than a occult source.

You would be better off designing an archetype for that.

>it's forced and extremely brainless.

Its precisely why nobody respects the grey jedi. But their core motivation is simply - "The Jedi code is flawed because its too controlling and authoritarian, while the Sith code is too selfish and chaotic"

It won't work as an archetype either because it overhauls most of the occultists' class features, while adding its own unique features thats more reminiscent of the shaman.

>death for me is coming sooner

i'm still depressed but less upset about it

>The Jedi code is flawed because its too controlling and authoritarian, while the Sith code is too selfish and chaotic

>Jedi Code:
>There is no emotion, there is peace.
>There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
>There is no passion, there is serenity.
>There is no chaos, there is harmony.
>There is no death, there is the Force.

nothing authoritarian about that

>Sith Code:
>Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
>Through passion, I gain strength.
>Through strength, I gain power.
>Through power, I gain victory.
>Through victory, my chains are broken.
>The Force shall free me.

this I partly agree is selfish and chaotic

So for Dragoon tiefling, Warlord (Piercing Thunder) / Inquisitor sounds like a good base. I'm terrible at picking feats though, any ideas there? For 3rd level.