Space Hulk: Deathwing released tomorrow

Fallen confirmed in the launch trailer (at 0.28):
youtube.com/watch?v=Pdx3woUZSWM

Steumon seems to have gone a bit beyond genestealer hunt, even if they probably won't reach the level of mindfuckery present in E.Y.E.

Who's hype?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitch
youtu.be/C3RhfXdgMeE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Tangentially related to this (not meant to hijack your thread, but it's not really worth its own either), is the Space Hulk vidya any good?

Here is hoping the game is open to mods. Looks like the best thing since sliced bread.

Having played the open beta briefly, I doubt it's going to be too different. That means fun for fans of 40k, but nothing groundbreaking or amazing, and a few niggling details.

If I can just stomp around in terminator armor shooting 'nids, I'll be happy

eye 2 would be goat but I'll buy this if it's similar enough to eye. I just wanna support Streumon they make cool games.

If you're talking about the recent turn based ones they're pretty good. Space Hulk is literally the tabletop game in vidya format. Nothing fancy. Ascension has a ton more content and changes some mechanics like weapons won't jam unless you shoot them until they overheat and reloading assault cannons won't randomly explode when you reload.

I was talking about the one released in, what, 2013? And, yeah, it's the tabletop game, but in vidya form. I ask because a buddy of mine who lives across country has expressed an interest in it (we've had some fun with the TTG in the past)

It's quite shitty

Gets boring very quick.

You'll probably enjoy it as much watching a playthrough on YouTube

How are Fallen confirmed?

That's a dead chaplain

A fallen would have either Tartaros or cataphractii armor

>More Space Hulk shit

ENOUGH

Someone's streaming it right now.
twitch dot tv/pyrostasis

Never played the tabletop version and I enjoyed it. It's short though. I prefer it's "sequel," Ascension.

The guy streaming finished the first chapter and during debriefing Belial says The hunt for the Fallen begins.

Video doesnt load

HELP PLS

Don't know why it won't load for you, but he's done streaming it now. You should be able to pull it up in his past broadcasts though. He plays the first chapter then dies and quits halfway through the second chapter.

>Go
what?

>Grognard detected

It's boring if you have no fucking friends. Get some and it's fun you faggot. Left 4 dead sucks dick alone too.

Here's a playthrough of the first chapter. No annoying commentary either.
youtu.be/C3RhfXdgMeE

Spacehulk is fucking boring why we get so much games for it ill never know

TACTICAL BROTHERS REPORT!

LESSER BATTLE BROTHERS NEED NOT RESPOND!

Go heave assault of go home

>not bringing back your squad after they die
>not volunteering to for suicide pushes to the objective while your specialized brothers guard a defensive choke
>no Spear of Caliban

No brother, you go home

Holy shit this video annoys me. He's just running around and ignoring the genestealers

Don't use that tired excuse. If a game can't be fun with and without friends why play it? Why tolerate buying a game four times just so you can have fun?

>after three years of no internet it finally happens
>mobo fries a few days before release and can't order a new one until friday

The Emperor giveth and he fucking taketh lads.

Genestealers seems slow, stupid, and generally non-threatening. Doesn't even look fun.

>my GUT

>buying games for your 'friends'

By that logic why should I play any form of tabletop game? They can't be played alone and are best played with friends.

I probably won't pick it up until the weekend, but I am moderately hype.

I do wish we weren't dangles, but that's only a minor problem because who cares we TERMINATOR now.

From the previews it looks pretty bad. I was hoping for another Vermintide but it doesn't seem close.

>tfw game like this never ever

I suppose I should add some nuance to this-

Environment design? Fucking superb. Everything looks amazing, the sound design is great, they nailed that shit.

It's the gunplay and melee combat that seems really unsatisfying. Annoying little cut corners like the Assault Cannon spread just being a canned effect also suck.

Space Hulk vanilla the vidya is a complete and utter garbage. Horrible graphics that somehow eat up machine resources, step by step recreation of the tabletop (but tabletop is fun only if you are playing against a live opponent), and shooting just feels like an unsatisfying giant gamble. 16% to kill on first shot and 66% on following shots leads to a lot of situations when you shoot everything at a single, cruicial to mission success target and miss everything.

SH:ascension on the other hand is tons of fun, it is a completely different game. It is better optimised (still looks kinda meh though), through weapons and leveling up you can get your accuracy to higher %, a lot of non-tabletop equipment like servosculls, proximity mines, turrets and cyclone launchers to spice up. And to top it off, your dudes level up and can improve their combat effectiveness with stat distribution and perks. My only complaint is that gameplay while fun, is very unbalanced. Librarian is a way stronger compared to sergeant (who thought it was a good idea to give librarian an ability to regen psy-points during mission, seriously), some stats are ridiculously stronger than others (there is stat that directly increases your Action Points pool, to the point where you can outrun genestealers).

>TL;DR Don't buy vanilla Space Hulk(tactical game, not Deathwing). If you want a tactical Space Hulk game go for SH:Ascension, it is way better.