>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gkLvpt9Z3fA
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/49321042/#49325159
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/49321042/#49325228
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/49321042/#49325271
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/49321042/#49325415
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/49321042/#49325427
docs.google.com/document/d/1-M9W94JArKEYu9Sx9vjni89-nAI_taBj9yLgCP0kUF4/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Well, he does have Craftsman Needs No Tools.

Repostan

142. VA-11 HALL-A
=================
Age - 21
Background - Drop-in
Race - Cat Boomer

Perks
- Time to Mix Drinks and Change Lives
- Theatrics - 100
- Big Bossu - 300
- Noir World - 500
- Danger/u/s - 700

Items
- Kotatsu
- BTC Beverage Kit - 800

Companions
- Nanoswarm - 1400

Drawbacks
- I just act - 1300
- May you live in interesting times - 1000

Every time I go to a jump recently I have an idea for like a laid back approach of comfy and I always end up drawbacking my way into a civil war. And this is a jump that I wrote...

Fuck it, play it.
youtube.com/watch?v=gkLvpt9Z3fA

What perks are there for converting money?

I recently figured out it's super easy to get filthy rich in Hunter x Hunter, and don't want to leave all that fantasy currency behind.

I'm basically altering these off of cannon ones. Let me know if they are OP and tell me if you can think of a way to bring them in line .

Inherent- Child of the Forgefather
the " I haven't thought of it yet"always adds his Essence in automatic successes to Crafting rolls.

Active-Juxtaposition shattered by Impossible hammers
at the cost of 10 motes
opponents targeting the " I haven't thought of it yet" lose dice equal to his essence As strange geometries unfurl around him , Altering the path of Their strikes Along directions not found in creation

Iconic- Power-unfires of the void Forge
sort of something like The general effect of Fire Caste Anima Banners only more so and without a specific type of damage.

monopoly and animal Crossing. Have you covered,and " generic investment" lets you put it to good use

The shopkeeper capstone from Animal Crossing lets you break money into prettymuch any other form of currency, if I remember right.

Monopoly is probably what you're after.

It's a gauntlet so all you have to do is win at a game of Monopoly and some of the perks make it pretty hard to lose.

There's an option in there that lets you buy other people's properties, one where you start with a house on every property you buy, etc.

>It's a gauntlet so all you have to do is win at a game of Monopoly

You mean I don't have to spend ten years there? Thank fuck.

...Have you ever actually played Monopoly before?

There are perks, but the free/cheap munny bag in Kingdom Hearts does it easily. Same for the Golden chequebook from, iirc, that one generic hollywood/acting/something jump.

Don't mind me, just answering stuff I missed last thread.

>Inherent- Child of the Forgefather
...always-active effects aren't really a thing for Anima banners (with the exception of the Eclipse/Fiend diplomatic immunity, which isn't really a 'power' in the conventional sense).

This could probably be most of your Anima though. Seriously, this makes you a master craftsman in /everything/ without ever learning how to actually craft anything. Without Charms even, which means it stacks with Charm bonusses and only gets better.

>Active-Juxtaposition shattered by infernal hammers
Seems pretty powerful... but if it's only a penalty on one roll/action per activation? The cost makes it fine.

>Iconic- Power-unfires of the void Forge
Without a specific type of damage? They have to be damaged by /something/, even if it's a just them being burned by the light of your anima or some ghostly fire deal as implied by the name.

Personally, I'd just make this a Charm similar to how Adorjan has Pellegrina’s Fury to erode stuff around her.

So anyway, overall it seems a bit much and the effects seem a bit unconnected in themes (though that's probably just brevity of descriptions).

I'd advise you to pick either the crafting or the unfires thing, give them a 5 or 3 motecost (5 for crafting, 3 for unfires) to activate normally, and have them activate automatically at 11+ Anima (so, when you start glowing bonfire)?

I do really like the flavor implied by it though. A crafter of liminal things and impossible geometries, sort of like a cross between Oramus and Autochton

So... an effect like the Errata'd Twilight power (but better, since cheaper AND Understanding instead of Identifying stuff) AND a nature-ignoring thing?

I don't know Garlock... It seems a lot to grab.

They are pretty cool though. I'm probably going to steal that first effect if I ever need to use one of Elloge's Rhapsodes Castes.

desu, Monopoly only gets long and boring when a) nobody actually wants to bad things to the other players due to being friends/family, or b) it gets to the point where one person is inevitably going to win and you're just going through the motions.

If you go into a game willing to crush your enemies, drive them before you and hear the Lamentations of their women, well games tend to go much faster.

Second sentence seems a little rambly from the length of it, but otherwise it sounds interesting?

I'd have gone with a River myself. To work with the whole 'Flow of Time' thing, and because reincarnation in Exalted work with the waters of Lethe.

Items budget applies to Manses as well. That should be there in the little description bit introducing the Manse section?

No, I was asked if it applied to Companion purchases.

It does apply to both Items and Manses, but not to Companions.

Probably nothing. Just because there's a bunch of stars in a vague constellation shape, doesn't mean they get recognized as a formal constellation.

The Sidereals especially would not spontaneously get new Charms, because only the Maidens can make new Charms for them.

I was under the impression the stars adapted to the setting, so in Exalted they'd just be shiny things attached to the Firmanent.

>Redux build
Looking good!

>which can take anywhere from a day to an hour.
Six weeks, actually. Heretical Charms take a while to learn.

And one requires you to retreat from the world for three months. But doesn't require a cocoon.

>And you don't have to worry about Alchemicals because they're in another world sealed off by a Primordial's own spell, but from what little I recall they're on the level of Dragonblooded but with cyberpunk-like aesthetics.
Celestial tier, actually. With the right Charm loadout, they can even rival Solars in some areas.

They've got Charm 'slots', and can swap their Charms in and out to switch between different loadouts. Means they can be much more specialized for what they need at any given time.

So, if they're rocking a social/crafter loadout, a DB could likely crush them in a fight. But then if they swap to a combat monster build and roll in as a literal tank, they could faceroll Lunars/Non-SMA Sidereals.

Here, why don’t you just auto-win.

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/49321042/#49325159
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/49321042/#49325228
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/49321042/#49325271
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/49321042/#49325415
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/49321042/#49325427

Not only that but it doesn't nerf you, you get to use your perks.

Time for a Build!

Last Time on Restarted Chain: I got way too carried away writing for a Jump about picking up girls in Dungeons.

>"That was so sweet. A growing experience for everyone."
Jumper: "Yeah, truly a Hallmark moment. You know, if their cards were splattered in blood."
Raven: "Admit it, you had fun."
J: "I guess I did. It was nice not to be in charge for once."
>"And you picked up a new friend for your harem."
Okuda: "Who's this fuckhead?"
J: "He's the guy running this crazy train."
O: "Oh, so he's the head fuckhead."
>"Charming. On another note, you're going to love this next part."
J: "Wait, what?"
>"I've taken the liberty of drawing a name from the hat, but I didn't like the result, so I just picked someone. Congratulations Yamato, you're in the driver's seat next."
J: "Wait... what?!"
Yamato: "Really? Me"
>"That's right, you. So, where do you want to go? What tickles your fancy?"
Y: "I want to fight a dragon... and a medusa... and one of those demons with all the chains."
>"A Kyton?"
Y: "Yeah! That's them! I want to fight one of those."
J: "I never should have introduced him to Dungeons and Dragons."
>"Well, that narrows things down quite a bit."

Restarted Chain - Jump 14: Forgotten Realms

Starting Location: Faerun, Sword Coast
Identity: Male, Aristocrat (200, 800)

Drawbacks:
+ Delicious, Weresheep, Ponderous Spellcaster (+1500, 2300)

J: "Yamato, are you sure that's all a great idea?"
Y: "Sure! We take the night of the full moon off in the Warehouse, if I'm inside something it's easier to stab, and I'm a little tired of magic anyways."
J: "That... makes an odd amount of sense."
>"And he wants to fight DRAGONS! Excuse me, I need a minute. Laughing too hard to breathe over here."
Y: "Should I be worried?"
J: "Always be worried when he laughs."

Classes:
+ Dread Necromancer & Scout, Level 1 (100, 2200)

Y: Bows for now, Necromancy for later!

[1/?]

So what does Genre Savior from Evangelion actually DO?

Does it affect mindset of people in setting? does it change rules by which phlebotinums and such work? Does it stretch that physics in the manner you desire? How does it work

Well, I was going to say "I bet you're fun to play board games with", but then I realized getting Monopoly over quickly IS fun.

What exactly is a devil tiger (beyond just baby primordial) and is it a good idea to try to become one?

It gives you an instinctive sense of how to act in order to shape the story into being a different genre. It won't directly change anything, just use your behavior as a tool to influence people and events to be different. Think of it as Path To Victory for genre shifts.

Metroid is nearing jumpability. It will be released today.

Just let me power on past the flu.

Race:
+ Half-Song Dragon Lizardfolk (400, 1800)

>"Interesting..."
J: "I thought for sure you'd want something canine. There are a lot of neat options."
Y: "This feels... right somehow. Like scales suit me better or something."

Perks:
+ Charisma of Kings (Free)
+ Your Companions Have Arrived (1500, 300)

J: "That's really generous of you Yamato. Are you sure there's nothing else you want first?"
Y: "Nah. Just that one book on prestige classes. It looked interesting. Besides, you guys need more than 300 points to get anything neat. Rather have you all get what you want. It's a group effort after all."
[Everyone takes a moment to hug Yamato.]

Items:
+ Gold x5 (Free)
+ The Book of Prestigious Possibilities (300, 0)

Companions

Yorokonde:
+ Commoner, Male, Young Pyroclastic Dragon (600, 300)
+ Binder & Shadowcaster, Level 2 (300, 0)
+ Brawny Back (Free)

Y: "That's so cool! A lava dragon!"
J: "They're certainly not options I would have normally picked, but you've inspired me. Something different this time around. I can pick up raw magical power later."
Raven: "If later even occurs!"
>"If anyone else gets that reference, I'll give you a cookie."

Raven:
+ Expert (100, 800), Female, Unicorn (300, 500)
+ Spellthief & Wizard, Level 1 (100, 400)
+ Smarter Owlbear, King's Charisma (100, 300)
+ Magical Craftsman (300, 0)

Y: "Raven... wow! Just wow!
Wkana: "Darling! I never knew you had it in you."
R: "Look, don't tease me about this."
J: "We're not teasing. You just look so..."
Lina: "Impressive, beautiful, sparkly..."
>"Are /any/ of you planning on being anything resembling a human?"
J: "Probably not, that's what alt-forms are for."

Wakana:
+ Expert (100, 800), Female, Half-Celestial Pseudodragon (200, 600)
+ Favored Soul & Sorcerer, Level 3 (500, 100)
+ Gold x2 (100, 0)

Y: "That's really cute Wakana."
W: "I know. I like the way the scales blend in with the feathered wings."
J: "Kind of an odd choice if you ask me."
L: "If you think that's odd..."

[2/?]

Is Morph Ball tech actually that hard to replicate for a jumper?

>This could probably be most of your Anima though. Seriously, this makes you a master craftsman in /everything/ without ever learning how to actually craft anything. Without Charms even, which means it stacks with Charm bonusses and only gets better.

so You're saying this would be worth the whole thing? I figured since it a Anima banner kind of thing It would only activate when you are using charms, so could I I just have it activate when using crafting charms or something to add to whatever you are crafting?

>Seems pretty powerful... but if it's only a penalty on one roll/action per activation? The cost makes it fine. I'm going to the level you I don't know how turn orders and durations work in the system, and I'm just klugeing together bits and pieces I found on online references but the action per activation thing seems fine.

>Without a specific type of damage? They have to be damaged by /something/, even if it's a just them being burned by the light of your anima or some ghostly fire deal as implied by the name.

the idea was a kind of "damage type not found in creation yet" so maybe some kind of new damage type since The Forgefather is "the innovator who Sculpts the impossible into the actual" but I can see as being a charm. and the idea behind them was basically a more innovation focused Autochton.where Autochton Embodies order technology and science The Forgefather embodies experimentation,craftsmanship , art and discovery.

Devil-Tigers are Infernals who have taken advantage of their ability to use multiple Yozi's charmsets to reverse-engineer the basic principles of Yozi-dom. Absent of the Devil-Tiger path itself, there are "Heretical" charms that combine principles from multiple Yozi into things none of them ever imagined possible. Devil-Tiger is the culmination of this, essentially you becoming so good at it that you can shuck their themes all together and make charms based on your own themes. It's a pretty good idea to go Devil-Tiger, it doesn't offer much of an increase in raw power but it does increase versatility. Plus, it's just really cool. And aside from potentially pissing the Yozi off, there's no downside. If you do it post-jump there's no downside at all.

Has anyone tried to make a badass normal build? Like, no supernatural abilities whatsoever beyond base human?

I did that once he died in like seven jumps.

If you need a day or two off to recover, take them man. Don't push yourself too hard.

Lina:
+ Commoner, Female, Spellwarped Drider (800, 100)
+ Scout, Level 2 (100, 0)

Y: "That's... a lot of legs."
L: "This feels /amazing/!"
O: "I mean, dragons and unicorns I can understand... but that's just... WHY?!"
L: "Honestly? I've always rather liked spiders. They have such cute, fuzzy bodies."
J: "I'm going to need to scream for a while to get past this."
L: "Oh! Hey! Guess where my-"
>"I'm just going to go ahead and turn the camera off for a bit."

Okuda:
+ Commoner, Female, Fey're Tiefling (200, 700)
+ Swordsage, Warmage, Spellthief, Duskblade, Bard, & Hexblade, Level 1 (500, 200)
+ Smarter, Brawny, Kingly Charisma (200, 0)

Y: "Can you do that? Can she do that?"
J: "Well, sure. It's not like there's going to be multiclassing experience point penalties."
O: "I will be the adventuriest adventurer that has ever adventured!"
Y: "With swords and magic?"
O: "With ALL the swords and ALL the magic! No more supporting from the rear lines for me!"

>"Well, now that that's taken care of..."
Y: "The same rules as usual, right? Just focused on me?"
>"You've got it champ. Go get swallowed by a few dragons."
Y: "That was my plan."

Story:
docs.google.com/document/d/1-M9W94JArKEYu9Sx9vjni89-nAI_taBj9yLgCP0kUF4/edit?usp=sharing

Not so much a huge story this time, as a few pages of introduction and general plans for the Jump. I could write a trilogy of novels on our adventures in Forgotten Realms and /STILL/ have material to spare. I only lack the time. Anyways, I hope you all enjoy.

Next time on Restarted Chain:
Jumper regains control of the chain, but at the cost of his pants and gender. Strike Witches, coming up next!

granted, he had a lot of other disadvantages, No companions, no warehouse, no science or magic perks...

I was looking through the canon anima powers-and I was a little struck by how varied and useful Cecelyne's and Ebby's were compared to the others.

I'll nix the errat'd twilight thing if it's an issue though, didn't even think of that while trying to work something out for it.

I must admit I'm finding lore on what Exalted stars actually ARE other than the things that make up the Constellations-and by extension, presumably some sort of very extended support infrastructure or the Loom-rather scarce. But I do recall some fell on Creation in big, big battles.

Oh. Now I get why I once heard them described as the Medabot exalts.

colour me intrigued.do you have a link?

Interesting, thank you.

They have "houserules" for that sort of thing over at SB.

Unfortunately not. I Have trouble with losing myself in the head space of other characters and that is not a place I want to go back to so I kind of got rid of the stuff I had for him, I used that chain to explore things most folks gloss over, like what it's like to take a background roughly your own age, the human Disconnect that comes with moving to an entirely new world every 10 years. the morals of starting a relationship when you Are going to leave every 10 years, the terror of not having any idea what you're build actually is. Since he wasn't consciously jumping or choosing his jumps it was not happy and I get enough of that in real life

So do you treat having multiple classes from CP as multiclassing or Gestalt

I'm not Heavens, but in Prime they have logs that specifically reference Spess Pierats attempts to reverse engineer the technology, which apparently resulted in... some rather painful deaths on the part of the testsubjects.
So whatever the birds did to be able to fit Samus's whole mass into mobile ball form without crushing all her organs and snapping her bones, it's at the very least bending space or some shit.

Which, I mean. If you're a Sufficiently Advance Jumper who is already used to working with stuff like that? You can probably do it. I would think.
But if that's outside your experience, there's not really anything else in the setting that seems to do that, so you might have to start stabbing in the dark with disposable test subjects.

I usually get to the part of the game where all or most of the board is taken up and there are only me and one other person left, then do a quick eyeball to see if I can take them down without a protracted battle, and if the answer is no I concede.

I like to think of it as liquefying all my assets and skipping town.

MONORAIL!

It's just an Infernal, who . But they get some benefits from becoming a Devil Tiger,

Yes, it would be a good idea to become one.

Benefits are:

-Their caste mark and anima is changed to anything they want. (This means the forehead-light and battle aura, as well as the anima powers mentioned last thread)
-They can make Charms based on a Primordial Theme you made up yourself as the 'baby primordial'
-Their Urge and Torment (basically the directive set for them by the Yozi, and the curse for defying it) are now set to what you want, and changed to something based on your 'baby primordial' theme.
-Your exaltation doesn't go back to the Yozi when you die, and retains all changes.

Further benefits, which the Perk version doesn't get and will require you to go Devil Tiger manually:

-They are now immune to aging.
-They can make a world in their soul of limitless size, though you have to actively expand it.
-They can create demons descended from themselves

It's kind of unclear in general what Exalted's sky is like. Some of the early books refer to the dome of the sky being reachable, that it's high but not impossible to touch the firmament. But it's implied in the Glories of the Most High books that there actually is an outer space-equivalent to Creation, that the sky goes up a huge distance, and that there's a weird ecosystem of exotic celestial spirits living up there.

Can it generally be assumed that the enemies needed for improvement in an Item World are about as "powerful" as the item itself? Increased half-again? Thrice over?

Can I upgrade it as fast as I can defeat enemies? How long would it take someone with Mach 120 speed and the ability to reliably level cities on their own power to level up an average flaming sword to mointain-busting?

*who decided to throw fragments of Yozi power and enlightenment together to turn themselves into something resembling a new Primordial.

Autochton is actually Innovation at his base. He the Primordial that creates new things.

Crafting with impossible things would be sorta a new niche, which is what I meant with Oramus/Autobot mix.

>so You're saying this would be worth the whole thing?
In my opinion, yes. Though adding one of the other two might work too.

>I figured since it a Anima banner kind of thing It would only activate when you are using charms, so could I I just have it activate when using crafting charms or something to add to whatever you are crafting?
Anima Banner effects are activated by:
-spend some motes = you get the effect. (by far most commonly)
-glow with your 2nd highest anima manifestation (so, really obvious) = activates for no cost.
-an always-active effect (this one is really rare, the only Infernal one being the diplomatic immunity. Which is debatable as an Anima power.)

So, just make it both of the first two? Seems balanced-ish at 5 motes or with super-glow.

>the idea was a kind of...
Exalted doesn't really do "damage types" though.

But sure, just make sure there's /some/ kind of thing that actually deals damage. It can't just show up out of nowhere.

>So whatever the birds did to be able to fit Samus's whole mass into mobile ball form without crushing all her organs and snapping her bones, it's at the very least bending space or some shit.
Which really doesn't make sense. In some games the Morph Ball is pretty small, but in Prime it's easily large enough for a woman of Samus's height to fit inside all curled up. There's no need for space-warping. I think the Space Pirates' failure to reproduce it was just your typical DELICIOUS CANDY moment.

Oh, can you expand your Inner World (perk) to be larger than a village?

>They can make a world in their soul of limitless size
I saw something about a Devil Tiger's world body being only accessible to themselves mentally, is this correct and does The Inner World bypass this?

Neither. They are starting points. Game rules don't factor into it at all. Training in multiple classes at one depends strictly on the amount of time and effort you put into using the abilities is grants you.

For instance: Okuda's classes all revolve around magic and weapons, so her spending the entire ten years on the front lines lets her "Level" at a wildly faster rate because she's using abilities from each of her classes. She didn't master any of her classes, but she gained "Levels" /way/ faster than the rest of us.

Meanwhile: Yamato ends up barely mastering Scout and only gaining a few levels in Dread Necromancer due to spending several years as a slave and the Drawback hampering his magical abilities.

TLDR: I treated it more like Levels in Is It Wrong To Pick Up Girls In the Dungeon than anything based out of the rule books.

>it's at the very least bending space or some shit.

Eh, doubt it. It's easily large enough to fit her in with some of its incarnations. Also, that seems incredibly impractical. It'd be easier to believe that she uses inverse digital storage, basically becoming a temporary AI.

1.oh okay I did not interpret Him that way But the guy who builds the impossible is damn cool , although I'm not entirely sure about how it would do that in a charm set.... Any specific exalted book I should start reading up to figure that out?
2. Fair enough that can be the whole thing
3.okay, I'll do it that second way ,I've already decided that the un-fires of the void Forge for appear as "many spheres of blackest night, immune to any lighting as it is not truly darkness but the mind's attempts to defend itself against the sanity shattering appearance of impossible energies" i.e. Kirby dots
4. Okay so I can have it be That the exalt is radiating/emitting said spheres in a radius around Their self

>I was looking through the canon anima powers-and I was a little struck by how varied and useful Cecelyne's and Ebby's were compared to the others.
Yeah, CC and Ebby got pretty good bits.

But CC can be boiled down to "Create hellish (un)holy places" and "Fuck holy things" though.

While Ebby's is literally just the Eclipse but no Holy stuff and the Oath is a bit more versatile.

>I'll nix the errat'd twilight thing if it's an issue though, didn't even think of that while trying to work something out for it.
I mean. It's a cool effect, don't get me wrong.

But combined with everything else, it just seems a good step above the others.

>But I do recall some fell on Creation in big, big battles.
They also fall when a god is killed. That's what mining them for Starmetal means.

A god is executed, and the falling star (which is a clump of Starmetal) is recovered. Ideally.

Presumably, Starmetal shines naturally in the sky. Or maybe it's transformed a bit by the fall down.

>Oh. Now I get why I once heard them described as the Medabot exalts.
Yup.

You can make it as large as you want. You just have to build it manually. The charm comes with the ability to shape reality inside the Inner World as if you were using the charm Constructive Convergence of Principles, but limited in that you can't make demesnes. If you want internal geomancy you'll have to produce it some other way. It may help to use Path of a Thousand Whispers to make some Third Circle Demons to populate that place. Many Third Circles are living landscapes, you could add some continents to your Inner World that way.

Sort of. The base functionality of Spirit of the Living World lets them astral project into their universe. If they want to physically transfer things between it they need other charms or for one of their demons to ferry it across. It is accessible, though.

I have a question I know will be unpopular, but is SB more open to time travel jumps in their archive? Im considering a time travel jump even if all I can do is post it in thread.

Maybe. People recently defended KOTOR's decision to not nerf time travel in two of his jumps, so it's not /that/ restricted.

Just do what Doctor Who did and cockblock jumpers from getting anything in-setting.

Unlimited time travel is really hard to get past the thread so you're going to have to be very careful and follow A lot of unwritten rules, especially since nerfing time travel is it self an unwritten rule

This .

People gave Wild_Card a lot of grief at the time; but looking back, it was quite an elegant solution.

Is it possible to learn charms not of your Yozi? I see that Constructive Convergence of Principles is tied to one of them and not one I intended to choose for Caste or Favored.

Speaking of, how is the chance of getting ganked in that setting? Will Companion's luck cover that?

Yes, it's possible to learn Charms for all of them except the ones which haven't opened their Charmsets. But once they do so, any Infernal can learn them.

Sorry no intention to follow the rules. Simply post it on the thread and let people take it or ignore it at their digression. I might change my mind later if tge setting I have in mind has things that make it worth nerfing time travel for.

You could just nerf it once the jump is done?

Eh, maybe. It's /extremely/ high, but most enemies you'll face are only threats to/beatable at a human-level.

Honestly, that's fine, assuming you have no intention of getting on the drive.

>Sorry no intention to follow the rules. Simply post it on the thread and let people take it or ignore it at their digression. I might change my mind later if tge setting I have in mind has things that make it worth nerfing time travel for.

You don't say that kind of shit in front of the whole thread You know I was trying to help you but I'll tell you right now stuff that flies on SB doesn't fly here.

You can still do that there, you just get kicked off of the TARDIS.

What's the setting?

Oh get off your fucking high horse, Tera. Your horseshit is worse than breaking any of the unwritten rules.

> digital storage, basically becoming a temporary AI
Could be. I remember managing to clip the camera inside the morph ball a couple times, and it's empty except for a glowy ball, which could be digital storage or something.
Which is more likely just "we didn't think someone would actually do this" more than some kind of visual indicator, but it would be neat.
I don't really believe the "well, SOMETIMES it makes sense!" in terms of physical form, though.

But I guess it's all fanwank territory either way, since they never explain it. The only canon information on it is:
1) Samus turns into a ball!
2) Space Pirates don't know how Samus turns into a ball.
... and that's about it!

If it's just normal contortion, then that wouldn't really be all that interesting.
It wouldn't even really qualify as tech, honestly. Just "my armour has a compact mode and also I hit the gym a lot". You could fabricate that pretty easy with, like, any way to fold up armour.

But I still think it's awfully small for Samus's body to fit.

So, anyway, I guess it's whatever Heavens says. And if he doesn't say anything, then it's just whatever.

Ridley [400 – Discount for Drop-In/Space Pirate] – In the shape of a gigantic dragon is this foul and vicious leader of the Space Pirates. Equal parts wicked and cunning, Ridley seems to have taken an interest in your chain, seeing it as a valuable way to collect data. Securing his loyalty is difficult, but Ridley is a brilliant enough scientist on his own to count as having the benefits of ‘Mechanical Monstrosity’ and ‘Slice and Splice’ together, and his naturally tough body makes him a terrifying combatant. Cannot be taken with The Hunter.

The Hunter [400 – Discount for Galactic Federation/Another] – Whether through familiar ties or a twist of fate, it seems Samus Aran herself has seen fit to follow you as a companion. Samus is a quiet and stoic individual, often focused in her job as a bounty hunter, but perhaps there will be something else waiting for her in the multiverse. She comes with any arsenal or equipment she still has at the end of your jump, which may either be a lot or hardly any depending on your own actions, though her spaceship is left behind. Her equipment is tailored specifically to her and cannot be used by others, though it can be studied and possibly reverse-engineered if she trusts your efforts. Cannot be taken with Ridley.

Merry Christmas, /jc/. It's almost done.

Nice. Time to take The Hunter with Another and explore the universe with an awesome bounty-hunting big sister.

Considering Another is already 400cp right off the bat, shouldn't Samus be free for that background?

If I take a drawback that makes it so I can't have companions but can still have items, can I keep the waifu swords in weapon form?

Well, sword forms explicitly don't have agenda, so...

The waifu swords are items, not companions. So yes, you can.

The Companion import options total up to 8, this is standard in most jumps but in this case it would result in 9 Infernals, one coven and most of a second.

Also a question. Can a Devil Tiger still fill their original Caste's role in a Coven?

Is the Overlord dlc next user?

As long as you haven't imported them as companions anywhere that would probably be fine.

>Offering Ridley
I'm glad we can buy him, since he's too big to pod.

Yo, mate, sorry to bother you, but could you answer this ?

I always just assumed the pods were placeholders. Like, you say "hey, wanna be a companion?" And they're like "sure" and then, as long as you have a free pod, the benefactor takes them along for the ride.

>oh okay I did not interpret Him that way
Yeah, his core is Invention and Innovation. Recklessly so.

Technology, Order, Dogma, and such are also part of his main themes, but they seem to stem from those two.

>although I'm not entirely sure about how it would do that in a charm set
Neither am I.

>Any specific exalted book I should start reading up to figure that out?
Manual: Infernals is probably best for that. You can skip most of the first two chapters, they're kinda a lot worse than the rest.

>3.okay, I'll do it that second way ,I've already decided that the un-fires of the void Forge for appear as "many spheres of blackest night, immune to any lighting as it is not truly darkness but the mind's attempts to defend itself against the sanity shattering appearance of impossible energies" i.e. Kirby dots
>4. Okay so I can have it be That the exalt is radiating/emitting said spheres in a radius around Their self
Sounds cool. Kinda Oramus/Ebby like, but too direct to be of them.

True. But full 5-Exalt coven are really, really rare for Infernals anyway.

Besides, you can round it out with a Lunar Mate.

>Also a question. Can a Devil Tiger still fill their original Caste's role in a Coven?
That's a funny thing.

See, you need five different Caste for the Coven discount. But I never said those five Castes /have/ to be Slayer, Malefactor, Defiler, Scourge, and Fiend.

One with the Devil Tiger perk for a custom Caste could stand in for any of them. So you could have a "Perfect Coven" consisting entirely of former Slayers, and still get the discount.

>Devil Tiger perk
Is there any reason to get this? I would assume that most jumpers will want to go full Devil Tiger eventually anyway and you said it yourself before that the perk doesn't offer the full benefits of being one.

What perks are there for playing off incompetence for brilliance?

I'm thinking about making a chain based off this fucker

> Pods are in fact little registering devices in your warehouse.
> Your podpanion-to-be just scans their hand, tentacle, or other appendage in to register.
Honestly makes more sense than the "pods are as big as they need to be" rule.

I have a perk in NH part 2 that is literally just "Doing things stylishly/over the top makes you actively more competent"

It makes you a double Devil Tiger. You get your own Devil Tiger charms, and the ones of the Devil Tiger you inherited. Not necessarily the most practical thing, but it's cool.

Even if you go full Devil Tiger eventually, there's still two good reasons to buy it.

First, you're out from under the thumb of the Yozis immediately. Absolutely no need to work for them during your ten years.

Second, if you take the perk you can define a custom theme to make Charms of. If you go Devil Tiger after, then you've got TWO custom themes to use.

There's one in Gravity Falls.

The new timewatch rpg.

Jojo's your next line is. Any lie better perks such as death note's. The King Reputation perk from One Punch Man.

Gravity Falls has the Mindscape for Dream Demons and now this Infernals jump has The Inner World (+eventual charm based upgrade) for Infernals.

Are there any other jumps with options for having access to a (non virtual) world where you are effectively god?

Mononoke-hime

DC Occult has a large-city-sized dimension where your power is drastically boosted and you can shape.it at-will.

SAMUS ONEESAMA!

Who wouldn't? It's a great charm.

>It applies to manses
Well shit, I might have been able to get two manses for Justice or Gamer. Eh, oh well, shit happens.

Also what where your thoughts on the Act of Villainy an user created for me?

Act of Villiany (Refuge in Audacity): When Justice stand he stands with glowing pilliars and a sword which could rend the fabric of the worlds. When he sits his throne is resplendent with the Five Magical Materials, and perhaps even unknown more. Justice is the face of the Hero Creation Needs but doesn't deserve any longer. In action this allows the Infernal to bleed off a point of Limit per scene in which he acts in a manner so outside the boundaries of normal society that those who were not direct witness will question it's credibility. (EG An Infernal saves the village by surfing a Behemoth in his Hellstrider before being taken down in a single hit by a powerful Fair Folk only to rip his way out of the Hellstrider complaining he should have just punched the Fair Folk himself to begin with.) Go big or go home.

For the base Inner World Charm? Yes you can only go there mentally. But it's generally agreed upon in the Exalted Community that the creation of a new Charm, or an Artifact, to allow one to go there physically is fine.

Yes but in-game it costs slightly more experience, not a lot but enough to incentivize you to pick charms from your Caste or Favored first.
Also Yozi not in the Reclamation(Which consists of Malfeas, Cecelyne, Adorjan, SWLiHN, Ted, and Kimbery) need to be convinced to open up their charm trees.

WHOOO! New Waifu!

Go for it, but make sure to story-time.

Could Pleasing to the Ebon Dragon be used to deal with Limit and Torment?

"I'm sorry that I directly went against your plans/desires and fucked up a golden opportunity for the reclamation."

>WHOOO! New Waifu!
I didn't know you were into space pirate dragons, Justice.

Also primordial ghost from jld can probably make an astral domain he can rule essentially as a god irc.

>Also Yozi not in the Reclamation(Which consists of Malfeas, Cecelyne, Adorjan, SWLiHN, Ted, and Kimbery) need to be convinced to open up their charm trees.
Who would be a good favored Yozi then, the reality hacker dragon seems like a good choice for bullshit.

>WHOOO! New Waifu!

God fucking dammit. Literally worse than the worst depths of SB.

If that space pirate dragon was also a cute girl with an interesting personality, I'd go for it.
But I was talking about Samus, and I'm pretty sure you know that.

I'm personally fond of Isidoros and Szorzeny, but that's my personal bias towards how cool their concepts are.

Yo, Red. If there's anything neat in Ace Combat 7, are you going to update the jump?

>Well shit, I might have been able to get two manses for Justice or Gamer. Eh, oh well, shit happens.
Yeah... may need to make that more explicit?

>Also what where your thoughts on the Act of Villainy an user created for me?
I like it. Very fitting, and it rewards crazy awesome stuff.

>Could Pleasing to the Ebon Dragon be used to deal with Limit and Torment?
>spoiler
It would probably help mitigate it, yes. But it's also kinda automatic, so it wouldn't completely deal with it.

It depends on what you want. They're all equal-ish in power.

Oramus is good for bullshit, yes.

Isidoros and Hegra are personal favorites.

Isidoros if you want to smash stuff, and be HUEG, and stubborn as fuck. Hegra for messing with dreams, emotions, and psychedelic storms.