powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Energy_Transferal
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Avian_Physiology
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Last Thread: Pastebin: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Here we go again!

>noble
>child of business mogul

Sham aristocracy, 0/10. Trash.

So beyond just making some random character or self insert headcannon, what's the point of CYOAs?

>Bass
>amp
>accordion
>overdrive
Not that I know what an overdrive is.

1/6

To make glorious PvP builds that wreck everyone else's shitty self insert.

2/6

an overdrive is a pedal that is used on instruments to give them a more aggresive, loud and distorted tone.

>want to work on my cyoa
>have to do shit tons of work
>know i'll be too tired to make cyoas when i'm finished

i need to get more sleep

3/6

Why though? Shouldn't you get together with a friend or willing stranger and play out the CYOA choices in-universe? That would be FAR more entertaining than daydreaming.

>implying anything done on Veeky Forums has a point
>implying anything done on Veeky Forums has a point
>implying anything done in existence has a point

On a more serious note, some folk have fun with it and there's really no other board it can go to and survive. Which is okay, ya know?

4/6

>super strong gunslinging vampire
Awesome.

5/6

This has happened before, in Magical Realm, in Domain Master, and in Altering History.

It never ends well.

Hope is an illusion.

6/6
That's a mediocre idea. But I've got far too much free time on hand to dispute. Anyone wanna 1 on 1 roleplay this Worm CYOA out? I got Discord account.

Forgot image.

>friend
>wheredoyouthinkyouare.jpeg

>stranger
Yes that's why we post builds?

Who else here /lacksselfcontrol/?

I get bored of making a cyoa a page in and move to another

i've got like 15 WIP that are all unusuable

So do I; I was working on a cyoa but then had a good idea for another one, until I settled on the one I'm currently trying to do. Even then, I might not have much time to work on it.

Rolled 6 + 2 (1d8 + 2)

>Normal +5
>Disadvantages
Without a map +1
Reincarnation (Taylor) +2
Powers:
Apprentice- Arcane Magic (D&D) -2
The Gamer -4
Wildcard -1
Advantages:
Man of Mystery -1
Let's see my random power!
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Clay_Transmutation

Rather than immediately starting to work on new ideas as they pop in your head, you might want to save them as idea snippets or something in some file or whatever, so you can (hopefully) concentrate on finishing what you happen to be working on while safe in the knowledge that the great idea you just had isn't lost.

>inb4 the age regression/female tf cyoa is reposted again
>inb4 the entire thread is filled with builds for those two cyoas

Maybe you should stop being so ambitious? There's nothing wrong with making one-page-cyoas.

The problem is one page cyoas don't satisfy what i wanna convey

I can't think of a one page cyoa I COULD make

>inb4 angelanon reposts her build for the umpteenth number of times

>Chose strandberg, amp, rainbow pick, and overdrive
Very happy with it after seeing this. Mic probably would have been more useful than amp in the long run, but I can learn to sing from lewd activities, so the amp might actually help musically. Overdrive is just a nice convenience. Everything I have to carry will just seem lighter. Pick is extremely important. Being a succubus is probably much better than an incubus. I feel like there's more demand.

I made a whole new build for it a couple threads ago!

How exactly does the chain system work? Do I have to make a sacrifice in each tier every time I cast a spell, or do I sacrifice each thing and then get to cast spells in the next tier?

Yeah she made a new build, you snarky slut

I just use it as a base to day dream on.

Yesterday I imagined to go in mission with Havel in a medieval city to find a extra-dimensional moonshine peddler that was destabilizing the place with his concoctions.

>essentially an episode of Cops x Traveller

Looks like you have the option between not finishing your cyoa, or making an unsatisfactory product.
IMO if you get "bored a page in", maybe you weren't that into the idea after all?

So, what's the best Normal combo? Gamer + Exalt, Gamer + Aberrant, Gamer + Scion, or Gamer + some combo of D&D and NWoD Mage?

Yet another reason to stick to 1 page CYOAs, at least until you reach a certain level of creative proliferation.

>I get bored of making a cyoa a page in and move to another
Try having someone as a go-to guy for near-immediate feedback (and maybe even ideas, or just as a sounding board or something)?

My problem is not having the time to finish one. I just have a backlog of ideas now. I wish I had some vice to drown my misery in. It's getting worse.

There is no point in cyoas, its just an excuse for a bunch of dysfunctional and socially maladjusted 20 somethings to preoccupy their time between work (or meager a sad attempt at finding minimum wage employment), study (procrastinating away the hours as existential dread and loneliness eats at their very core), sleep (brief moments of darkness as their insomniac ridden brains refuses their bodies any resemblance of rest and peaceful dreams) and food (or a lack thereof).

>inb4 people thinks I am excluded from suffering the miseries described above.

before i start a cyoa, i usually determine whether or not it's cyoa material by typing my ideas out into a rough notepad, and if it still seems appealing after i've written it all down, i'll make it into a cyoa. if not, i just scrap it .

someone needs a hug! *hug*

>mfw I don't fit the profile at all

>mfw I fit that profile exactly
Food is overrated though, I had a good meal yesterday and now I'm hungry again. So like, what was the point?

I actually have a good time sleeping. If anything, I willingly stay up too late to compensate for gow little time I have. You are right, though; work is suffering & life is sad.

i know the feeling

i type shit out, read it and it sounds dumb

Same. Too much work.

can't find a guy for that sorta thing

Me too, although it's half lack of self control, and half lack of free time.
I usually manage to make a complete written version of a CYOA with most fixes and stuff, but at some point I just lose interest in it middleway into making the graphics.

For me, the work/study is replaced by anime/videogames (because coasting through life on welfare). Funny thing how those also do a decent job at staving away (the worst of) that existential dread and whatnot.

What's your disability?

>can't find a guy for that sorta thing
I'd volunteer, but I'm not confident in my ability in suggestions (so I'd mainly be a sounding board or spell-checker, or just someone for you to report your progress). Although to be honest, I'm more worried about how much you like to hate me or whatever.

The welfare is the generic unemployment kind, so I'm technically "looking for employment".

i mean

i make waifu cyoas

can't get much from them is the thing

thanks for the offer though

which waifu cyoas have you made?

how's the search going? *wink*
do you have any kind of activity? or are you a hikikomori?

>do you have any kind of activity? or are you a hikikomori?
Pretty much that, unless you count getting groceries every four days or so (and getting sort-of dragged out of the apartment to meet some family members for something on occasion).

You should at least try doing a trades school program and finding a decent paying job that way.

Gamer+Avatar Bending is a personal favorite. But Gamer+Arcane magic is king in utility.

If your body isn't damaged or faulty in some way, eating feels good beyond staving off hunger. Also not dying has some utility.

>Gamer+Avatar Bending
what does it do?

>OC

none

when i said i lack attention, i mean it

i haven't uploaded and finished a cyoa ever, just have wips

Pic related is a good CYOA.

But the CYOA fanbase is autistic as fuck and just escalates its sperg levels with ever longer crunch sheets that have no point behind them.

A good CYOA incentivizes discussion and inherently causes disagreement because it's based entirely on personal view and induces a clash of world views.
A bad CYOA is about optimizing numbers as autistically as possible.

It could also be used as a writing hook, in fanfiction communities. But even those tend to be shitty sperg instead of using systems conductive towards actually interesting story setups.
Often they just end up ignoring half the mechanics because there's too much superfluous shit attached.

There is no point, you are genetically and ecologically programmed to live and continue living.

>kills self to disprove your point

>Implying anyone ever looks at any option other than the road eternal and fisher king, because the add ons suck and nakama is too heartbreaking for your average Veeky Forums user with trust issues.

Basically four kinds of telekinesis with lots of individual uses that upgrades over time from basic to intermediate to expert to master. Imagine Master earth Bending at lvl 85. That'd be enough to rewrite maps and wipe out any city in moments.

Fuck you. Nakama is best and caused many an argument thanks to the spergs that populate Veeky Forums.
Which tells us a lot about the kind of person that's on Veeky Forums.
Which makes the CYOA worthwhile.

Necia all the way

Wait am I a girl?

>not dying has some utility
Hasn't done me any good yet.

Why would you be a girl?

i guess i'd suggest then to try and pick your favorite out of all your current WIPs and work on that one. also, if you have WIPs with compatible scenarios / settings, you could probably reduce the amount of WIPs you have by just combining them.

if the thing for you is that it takes you too long to make them because you're putting in a lot of work on them, then just relax a bit and try not to make it your life's work lol. you don't have to try super hard to make it look good, if the cyoa has good content people will like it.

See this is why I don't like waifu cyoas, they're always written in this retarded and bubbly high school/middle school giggly cheerleader girl prose.

>implying Healer isn't the best of all options, new or old

It's a fair question considering most CYOAs around here involve that these days

>Wait am I a girl?
I think the "waif-bando" is there because the author wanted to be inclusive (i.e. Necia wasn't sure if the person she was in love with was a waifu or a husbando before she saw you, or something).

Gamer + NWoD Mage is my go to. I get to be stealth-overpowered shooting for a tenfold mastery on top of adding hp magic just for the sheer utility of it.

Ah, i'm dumb.

I completely agree on the good/bad cyoa thing.

I want to like this because you obviously put in a lot of effort and it shows, but the prose and the whole ditzy evil villain thing is just...

You even included a fucking jojo reference, jesus christ my man.

In any case I hope others enjoy it.

That Using non-gendered words is a pain, and I didn't know what other word to use. So i smashed them together.

>tfw can't decide which waifu

DIIIOOOOOOOOO!

Normal - 5 points
>Disadvantages
What's a wildbow? +2 points
Case 53 +2 points
Without a map +1 point
Powers:
Wild card x8 -8 points
>Advantages
Special Snowflake -1 point
Man of Mystery -1 point
MANLY MAN MODE
ROLL MY POWERS
PRT rating of 2+1d8
Click random page here and post it.
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/

Rolled 5 + 2 (1d8 + 2)

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Quintessence_Force
>Limitless energy generation
Oh boy

Rolled 8 + 2 (1d8 + 2)

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Nitrogen_Manipulation

Rolled 1 + 2 (1d8 + 2)

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Cosmic_Fire_Mimicry
>Body is made up of magical fire
Nigga this is crazy

Rolled 7 + 2 (1d8 + 2)

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Condition_Removal
>Basically probability manipulation

I'd take Necia but the claw arms sound difficult to hide in public

it's gotta be isabel

Rolled 8 + 2 (1d8 + 2)

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Energy_Transferal

I realized pretty quickly the entire concept was silly and I had decided to drop it after writing girl #3, but user last-last thread said he would like more waifu cyoas, so I figured I could finish it.
Really enjoyed doing the graphics. Was fun. And I figured, no reason not to post it, right?

Rolled 4 + 2 (1d8 + 2)

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Avian_Physiology
>You're a bird