Why is Ward such sub-human sperg-tier trash?

Why is Ward such sub-human sperg-tier trash?

I honestly wish it was 2008

Time may pass, the ozone may fade away, but Ward will still be sub-human sperg-tier trash.

That's like asking why the International Prototype of the Kilogram weights 1 kg. He is the definition of sub-human sperg-tier trash.

>t. pot

True, True.

I don't know, why do you read what he writes?

Because I can't read.

Nice projection, OP

Do you 40kids ever consume anything other than GW slop or derivatives of it? You guys always seem to be the most retarded people on Veeky Forums

>inb4 you just hate it because it's popular
>inb4 memes

>t. Ward

>stare in blank incomprehension at the meaningless squiggles on Kaldor Draigo's page
>somehow still manage to perceive that it's utter dogshit smeared on a raped granny's ass

This.

Half the 40k posters dont even buy shit from GW

Man this thread makes me feel like it's 2011 again.

Newcrons are garbage tho.

t. D&D 5.0 hamhole fatass extreme

>samefag complimenting himself
pffft

Because that idea makes you feel better about your sad pathetic life.

Don't get me wrong, the Grey Knights still went completely stupid, but that's still only incidental to why you're saying this.

GW has its shortcomings, pretty huge ones I'll admit. But warhammer when done right is just pure awesome, I hardly know any settings that could intrigue my like these 2. The room for your dudes is great. So as long as I can have fun with over the top grimdarkness and epicness as well as ridiculing it I'll buy GW stuff.

I also partake in WotC slop.

Exhibit A

While his lore, particularly with the Ultramarines, was sub-par I seriously feel as if the complaints about his fluff were blown completely out-of-proportion by the memes (as due to the excessive number of new players since then most people actually believe the whole Khornate Knights bullshit 'hur he used blood in his ritual like every faction except Tau has done since forever, he's Khornate), we've seen far worse bullshit, particularly Chaos, Tau and half of the Beast Arises series in the past edition alone.

He was good for table top not lore

you just hate it because it's popular

I don't really know who that is but anyone who pisses off 40kids this much can't be all bad.

He is Anglo.

I feel like the only reason that the baby carrier is a thing, is so Draigo could use one to solo Daemon princes and the like without being a dreadnought.
>But then Ward made him solo a Deamon Primach without one, so whatever

Seriously, if such technology exists, why isn't it standard issue for the GK? Its not as if they have limits on what they can get, they have pretty much standard space marine stuff already. They're the best of the Ordo Mallus and within the same system of Mars, why don't they have an entire company of the things?

>What Le Veeky Forums thinks is happening
HE EVUUUUL!!!! EDGE!!! NO SERIUS!!! MUH 40KS!!! MUH 40KKKSSSSS!!!!!
>What is actually happening
Matt, you rascal! That's samurai jack!
Nice crunch by the way.

>Le Veeky Forums
>>>/reddit/

Nah, I agree too.

>Seriously, if such technology exists, why isn't it standard issue for the GK?
Everything that talks about the dreadknight hints at it being xeno-tech, like the psilencer.

Meh. Look who remained. Are Cruddace (tyranids), Kelly (Eldar) and Vetock (Riptide) any better?

He single handedly destroyed WHFB 7th edition, 'tough.

He wasn't great for TT. Gimmicky rules that admittedly showed more balance across them than the other contemporary ruleswriters, but weren't up to the par that players that'd been around a while were familiar with.

He wasn't the worst they had, but he wasn't good by a long shot either.

He's not.
He was the worst back when the bar was higher, but no longer.
Unlike the others, his fluff was bad due to being an over eager fanboy, not due to any sense of active malevolence, or shoving his daddy issues into the text.
He also improved, albeit slowly

Alright, I want a nice clean, Skub-shitting, ear-biting, rage-inducing thread.

Rules:
-All usage of the terms subjective opinions shall be met with ridicule that addresses exactly why their opinion is objectively wrong. Lacking that, verbally attacking the users lifestyle and choices is also acceptable.
-Nostalgia can and will be used defensively, offensively, and gratuitously.
-first one to /pol/ is disqualified.
-The poster's father was a good man who did the best he could. The poster's mother is fair game.
-Dubs, Trips, and Quads have no bearing on the argument, unless the poster says they do. In which case, they really fucking matter.
-when in doubt, exacerbate the situation.

Vetock is much better than the others, while riptide and the ghostkeel formation are broken(and in riptide's case it's the ion accelerator that is broken not the thing itself) the Tau codex has very good internal balance and isn't overpowered unless you just spam riptides

I sure do love bait.

Me too! Which reminds me of a anothe rule in addition to -The proportional success of one's post as well as the satisfaction of one's ego is directly proportional to the number of replies, or (You)'s they can garner.

His codexes were balanced amongst themselves... which is a lot more than other codex writers
>Ward gets a lot of flak, but Cruddace is probably the worst writer they've had in a long time.
>Cruddace purposely nerfed Tyranids when he got their book because they smashed up his tanks
>Ward was the fanboy that was super passionate and made every army he worked on good, but Ward was godawful with fluff /lore.
>Cruddace is the neckbeard who will ruin factions he dislikes so his army is the best.

No, sorry. The problems of the Riptide are beyond the Ion Accelerator. Vetock is not able to estimate the number of shots needed to down a model and price it accordingly.

Kelly is still worse. Banshee fucked by the system , but scatbikes, undercosted Wraithknight and snowflake psykers because Eldar are his army.

BTW, I see 1d4 chan worships Kelly. But his Wolfey Wolfity Wolves are as bad as Bloody Blood Angels of Blood. Is the same kind of fanboyish retard.

Who was the best then? Genuine question because I find Ward, Kelly, Thorpe, Cruddace, Vetock all underwhelming for a reason or another.

He's just a recognisable idol to which we can direct our ire.

We love GW, and yet hate them for what they have done to us... so we take out our frustrations on this single, simple man. A fanboy like us who's only crime was to not be that smart.

We forget he had a line-manager, a copy-editor, an auditor, somebody who signed off on his work.

This is true. Designers should be let free somehow, that is how you create new interesting stuff.
THEN there is a need of someone with restraint and vision able to edit what is not right, for any reason.
THAT is what GW is missing - since years.

Because we blamed him for Thorpe's hateful destruction.

Cruddace is obviously the worst. The Tyranids still suffer from his hand.

But on the other hand, he gave us a decent guard and did not rape its fluff.

Unless is behind 6th edition codex.

How much did Thorpe do of bad? Genuinely asking.

I am not Gavin Thorpe

Seriously.

Me too.

Impossible that is not alan blight.

why? isn't FW more loved rules-wise?

Because all armies which he designed plays almost the same.

I met him once you know, he was a very nice and kind person, but oh boy, he sometimes lets the fanboy inside him take the best of him.

I could have sworn the 5th Guard Codex was imbalanced with a bunch of useless options. The horse riders are still garbage right?

His fluff reads like the shenanigans of a 12 year old emo edge lord.

He also royally fucked up the tomb kings. He likes his job but cant do decent shit.

Where is Big Pete when you need him?

All of his elf/eldar shit is quite speggy and overrated.

5th edition Guard was okay. There were some obviously bad options like Ogryns, Penal Legionnaires, riders and overcosted special characters (which every army has) but the rest was decent. Melta vets in Chimeras tended to outshine most options, sadly.

I wish they could bring thre regimental traits back. So when you play cadians or vostroyans you would actually feel a difference.

fine enough, I care about the crunch only (not an excuse but damages my enjoyment more directly)

True but was usable. Not denying is an hack.
The Heavy 20 of the Punisher looks fun, but does not work. You need workaround like the Vulture or Pask to have an effect.

This people cannot do math.

Vendetta was undercosted. Of course the sperg that wrote 6th edition coded overcosted it.

6th edition guard problem is cost, mainly. And lack of mobility but you could find some workaround if the fucking basic stuff costed less.

*these
and I cannot do English apparently

>hur he used blood in his ritual like every faction except Tau has done since forever, he's Khornate

Tell me about the Ultramarines blood rituals, user.

The Lictor Blood ritual used to defeat the Tyranids of course.

Too much wish fulfilment. He only cares about his own desires rather than the established player base's.

Literally answered in the codex that introduced the Dreadknight. Most Grey Knights just can't handle it. [insert jokes here]

And besides the (hopefully) obvious fact that Ward didn't design the model itself, even the concept wasn't wholly his. In fact, there's something interesting there: despite being the big shiny centrepiece release and the most radically 'new' of all the 5E GK units, outside its unit entry there was only one piece of fluff in the Warddex that actually included a Dreadknight.

>>Cruddace purposely nerfed Tyranids when he got their book because they smashed up his tanks
I wonder how many people know what Cruddy's real favourite army is. He's been very, very open about it, and it's not what everyone assumes.

Something else to consider: although it's almost entirely unknown and he wasn't credited (not that there's much credit to be had), Phil Kelly also played a part in the nids' 5th edition neutering. Which was, according to him, in direct response to concerns about the power level of the previous codex - the one he wrote.

>>Ward was the fanboy that was super passionate and made every army he worked on good
Yeah, Orcs & Goblins players certainly thought so. And would you look at that, it is/was also common knowledge that Ward purposely nerfed them because he hates greenskins and even said as much in WD (or when confronted about it in person, the story varies).

Chances are if he were still around he'd find some way to earn the ire of the internet hate machine too. Iron Warriors aside, in his time he made more than one dig at the elements of the fanbase that complain about everything online.

Not Ultramarines specifically, but at least as early as 2nd edition, one of the points of contention between the Ecclesiarchy and Space Marines in general was that the latter practise "crude acts of blood sacrifice".

You know why.

I rest my case.

>Alan Bligh Grenade
>Bad

What's it like being so wrong?

Hey, at least he's not a Pathfinder designer who is of the opinion that some options being straight up bad is a good design

Chambers.

This is canon

This is canon

If he's such a sperg, why did he get to write for 40k while you sat on your ass complaining on the Internet?

Because I am Matt Ward

BNOY DO YOU NEED TO LOOK AT GLOBAL RULE 15 SOME MORE

Here's a better version