Would he be good?

Would he be good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SGzHpsbGWzA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He is good.

What every paladin that has ever existed aspires to be.

>Would he be good?
I mean, monsters in Hellsing are pretty much a universal Evil and he does work for one crazy fucker.
Otherwise he is morally good and everything we see of him outside of combat paints him as a good man.

Alexander Anderson is a shining example of purity.

And to be more fair, the number of monsters that are not completely evil is two.

And one of them is Alucard.

Absolutely.

The real question is if using the nail would constitute a fall of sorts. Because that wasn't particularly good.

Are we talking official series, or Abridged?

Yes, great example of a powder keg of justice
To be fair it was a holy relic of the church and a literal nail of christ, it made sense for him to think it was inherently good

I see him more as a Lawful Neutral. Think about it:

>One rule - KILL MONSTERS
>Doesn't really care about body count or collateral damage
>Doesn't really bother protecting people who aren't immediately necessary to his goals

Anderson is the most perfect depiction of a paladin in anime history.

He smites evil, defends innocents and followed his code of ethics to the very end.

Abridged Anderson is a rabid killing machine....though he's a rabid killing machine we all know and love.

Of course ya heathen!

Part of the point of Iscariot is that they know they are profane in the eyes of god but carry out their duties in service to the church. Hence the name of their organization: Judas Iscariot, the man who betrayed Jesus. He served Gods plan and his purpose by performing a wicked act, allowing Jesus to be executed at the appropriate time so he could resurrect and save mankind.

Anderson isn't good and he KNOWS it, that's why he takes so much pleasure in his holy work and values the lives of those still innocent so much. Its also why, ultimately, he used the thorn - his view was diametrically opposed to Dracula's. Dracula saw humanity as inherently good and God as savage, Anderson saw his humanity as inherently flawed and God as divine purity. His desire to strip away his human will and consciousness demonstrates a desire to be free from guilt and remorse.

He's a Vatican assassin saddled with Catholic brand guilt. Lawful Evil.

>Alucard
>Not completely evil
Did you even Watch/Read Hellsing? Alucard is an absolute monster, the only positives he has are his loyalty to Integra, and the fact he wants a Human, not a Monster, to kill him.

This, Alucard is a monster and is aware of it. One of the reasons he wants a human to off him

>Protestants
>People

He intentionally does evil acts to make sure his soul will go to hell so he can fight evil forever in the afterlife. Make of that what you will.

Why is he biting his sleeve?

If I recall correctly his lower arm was pretty close to cut off at that point, barely dangling on at the elbow-joint.

Alucard is a bit complex. He's definitely evil, but his respect and admiration for humanity, and loyalty to Integra elevates him beyond the other monsters of the series.

Official Alucard is LN.

Abridged Alucard is CN.

Because Alucard just sent a high-explosive blessed round the size of your thumb threw it from a 13 kilogram pistol. Why does Alucard have a 13 kilogram pistol? Because either his dick is small and he's insecure about it, or his dick is fucking massive and he doesn't care.

fucking shit gotdammit, made a fucking rookie mistake
*through it

It's because it's heavy enough that he isn't afraid of accidentally breaking it or not remembering it's in his hand - he's immensely strong, and a weapon that doesn't have the density of lead feels like balsa wood to him.

>Official Alucard is LN.
Nah, he's Lawful Evil. He'd be LN if he only killed as ordered, but he enjoys toying with and torturing people. That makes ya evil.

Maybe.

I think that the people in the thread that peg him at lawful are right. He acts within his code of ethics and ideals, even to the point of disregarding others when appropriate.

Whether he's good or not is certainly up for debate. He seems to mean well, but only within his own specific meanings, rather than to be entirely good to everyone.

On a 9-alignment axis, he might be lawful good or lawful neutral, depending on how you want to spin it. He's certainly very paladin-like in a number of respects, but given his placement, he may not quite qualify as one. He is, at least, a templar.

I certainly wouldn't paint him as evil, because his intent isn't to revel in the suffering of others and his own gain.

You are forgiven.

When the hell is the next episode coming out.

this month maybe

"We're gonna put out two a year from now on!" they said, after missing last year's deadline.

They're rapidly running out of time to make good on that promise.

C'mon guys, don't you want two dozen Let's Play series instead?

Pretty sure the three let's play guys don't even do anything for Hellsing Abridged

I think they're planning on releasing it around New Year's.

He's Neutral Good to Lawful Good.

He breaks rank at least twice based on moral standing, raises priest-warriors that are loyal to him over the Vatican, and enjoyed his job a little much.

He makes a great 5e paladin concept though.

A lot of them are in it, in some capacity.

But it is Taka's job. Hopefully he comes through.

>I certainly wouldn't paint him as evil
I'd agree if he hadn't killed Integra's men who had come with her to reinforce the treaty he was violating.

That's fucking metal as fuck

>Protestants
>Even above muslims
Don't make me go over there amigo...

DnD alignments have little to do with intent. Murder or torture are both objectively evil actions regardless of intent; and Anderson has willingly done lots of both to ensure his soul will be eternally damned.
Both Alucard and Anderson are Evil.

>Murder or torture are both objectively evil actions regardless of intent
>Murder
So Paladins can't kill bandits? Because I'm pretty sure most of the things Anderson kills, vampires primarily, are worse than bandits.

Not to mention Andersons powers are explicitly not holy

There's a difference between killing someone and murder.

Dude what? He uses holy scriptures to teleport in his introduction.

Too elaborate:
Bandits are lawless people you can legally kill in most settings. Murder is explicitly unlawful killing.
Soldiers who kill enemy combatants are not murderers, but soldiers who kill non-combatant civilians are.

And Anderson never kills civilians. He kills Monsters, and Enemy Soldiers.

Anderson clearly stated that demons, monsters, vampires can't cry. Alucard cried when Anderson used the Nail, Alucard cried when he saw the sunrise and remembered his youth.

Alucard is a lot more complicated than you imply.

What do you mean he doesn't care? He gets pissed as fuck about the invasion of Britian because they're slaughtering innocent people.

Ireland.

Its a touchy subject in the Protestant-Catholic war.

I don't know how much of Northern Ireland was Catholic when Hellsing the Manga was being written, but I remember them electing someone who either removed the N-Ireland flag and raised the Irish flag, or lowered the United Kingdom(aka Protestant) flag, not so long ago.

So it makes sense the Catholics would start pushing back in if they have a close to, or a majority again.

Besides, it was never stated if the attacked land was Catholic or Protestant.

Anywho, Chaotic Good to me. My 3.5 Master Thrower was a clone of Anderson. Even fitted him out to be both good in melee, and at range, and took traits to be a master of the Dow long knife, which is just a short sword.

Had allot of fun with him, I even was a agent of a sub-church of Pelor, and was able to buy special ointments, and oils to make the bayonets extra effective to the undead, and unholy.

Palm throw, how I miss thee...

Being a monster is in Alucard's nature, it's how he works. When you actually look at how he personally acts, it's very clear that he actually places a very strong value on life, it's just through an incredibly twisted lens.

To Alucard, a human who actually has the courage and the ability to fight against monsters like him is someone to be respected above all else. The seires never really discusses just how much of his power is new and how much he had of it as Dracula, but the fact that Hellsing, Quicncy, and Harker not only fought against him but actually killed him is something he values above all else.

>protestants
>not evil shits on par with vampires and other evil hellsing world crap

Anderson straight up goes to Heaven in the end, so it's pretty hard to buy him as being evil. He also straight up disobeys orders that violate his code, displays disgust at the slaughter of innocents even though they're the enemy, and straight up kills his own superior when it becomes clear he's no longer acting in the interest of the greater good.

The most evil Anderson displays is being a berserker, which means he often goes off the chain in the heat of the moment. Every other kill he makes is either against the monsters he's meant to hunt or people who are in their service.

The only time I can think of him killing normal humans beyond the Bodyguard scene is in Brazil, and those guys open fire on him first.

Agreed, except change LN to LE.

See

Catholics are by the sheer evidence shown in all accounts, the most stupid and braindead of all Christian sects.

Look at modern Catholic nations, all full of halfbrained morons unable to make a functional society.

>Anderson straight up goes to Heaven in the end
I don't remember that but I'm glad to hear about it

youtube.com/watch?v=SGzHpsbGWzA

It's never outright stated, but it's pretty obvious.

Outside the West, yes.

Within the West, Catholics are the chillest, most liberal, science-accepting christians around. And Carnaval is lots of fun.

Fuckin (American) protestants are a cancer.

It's also worth noting that Vampirism is straight up a curse, given that it's written practically as a sequel to Dracula.

Alucard, like all vampires, is cursed, and wishes for nothing but death. His nature as a vampire won't let him simply lay down and die, however, so he fights, tooth and nail.

It's why he's so obsessed with finding a human that can fight him, because he actively wants to die.

The irony is that after the end of Hellsing, he has only become even stronger.

It's an interesting situation, but I wonder how much Alucard's going to keep going once Integra dies. That's really the only thing that brought him back, after all, and his new powers only really work if he wants them too.

If someone manages to kill him and he believes the kill was valid, he's going to be dead.

The fuck you mean, new powers? The manga ends with him coming back after a couple of decades of continuous murderbation. Doesn't it?

He's got the Nazi catboy's power now.

I think he comes back with Schrödinger's powers in addition to his own.

Anderson was wrong. With enough pain, pain of the soul, even a devil may cry

Who will be the one to fill Alucard's dark soul with LIIIIIIIIGHT

>Alucard is an absolute monster

Who willingly enslaves himself to a human master in order to be used as a weapon against other monsters. WILLINGLY enslaves himself. He WANTS to do it. He is not being FORCED to do good, he WANTS to do good.

Not completely evil.

Did you miss the part where old Abe beat his ass into the dirt and then soul-raped him until he was bound to the Hellsing Family?

No I didn't. That is one of the events that has led him to be the not-completely-evil monster that he is now.

Clearly you did, because there was nothing fucking willing about that shit.

Well I guess so, but as he is now he doesn't seem to have the slightest problem with his enslavement, aside from the fact that he's still alive and doesn't want to be.

Because he likes killing. Integra lets him kill shit.

Remember, if she lets him off the leash even slightly he'll gladly merc anyone and anything, just ask those perfectly normal cops in South America who were just sent in on bad intel.

No, but with him gone there's not a person alive that can make ol Al do much of anything. If he decided to fuck off nobody could stop him.

Fucking christ, read the damn post.

He was bound and locked to obey the family line.

I've always wondered a bit about that.

does that means that if he ever drinks blood again, he will start to lose his shit once more?

>Lawful
>Disobeying and indirectly killing his rightfull boss

If the boss goes against their order, killing him is a perfectly lawful action.

Still evil. Disregard for innocent lives and general hatred towards protestants which he is all ok with killing as well as a disregard for the truce between Vatican and the Hellsings.

Their is a certain element of hubris or something a kind to desecrating a holy relic.

Uh, he's betraying Maxwell because he kills innocent Christians.

No no no, Anderson is fine with killing innocent Protestants.

He just disagrees on the timing. Anderson thinks that the extinction of Protestants should happen after the extinction of vampires and other monsters.

Remember, Maxwell's replacement is still thinking, planning and dreaming about the total extermination of Protestants.

>but the fact that Hellsing, Quicncy, and Harker not only fought against him but actually killed him is something he values above all else

He still has nightmares about it and awakes up crying blood. It was such a traumatic experience that it left him with the belives he has during series and the reason he was so piss off at Anderson.

I played a LE pc with exactly this motivation, save that he intended to stand at the edge of the abyss and constantly be locked in combat with demons, like some sort of not-fun valhalla.

Completely true, as is this But he does completely and utterly respect Integra, to the point of actual loyalty.
You can't forget that, even without his chains he would probably listen to her at this point.

She pretty much takes the leash off him at one point. He turns back to his original Count persona and proceeds to genuflect before her.

True, but loyalty to a single person does not Good a person make. I probably shoulda said "Merc anyone not Integra, Police Girl, or maybe the Queen of England", but eh. Got the idea across.

Dude still really, really likes his indiscriminate killing. Think about all the random people HE killed when he Level 0'ed.

I just want the fucking ONE.

Anderson's boss is God, Anonymous.

Or, to put it another way.

The main enemy of the story was nazi fucking vampires. Why? Very simple.

You can do virtually anything you want to them, and no matter how fucked up your protagonist is, it will be done to universal cheers. Outside of, dunno, maybe /pol/ angrily shitposting about how its anti-white or some shit.

>no matter how fucked up your protagonist is
>He thinks Alucard was the protagonist.

Silly user, Alucard was a living Plot device. A fun plot device who had more personality than most plot devices, but he was a plot device.
The Protagonist was Seras Victoria, the entire story starts the night she's turned into a vampire, and it ends the day she accepts what she is and stops trying pretend to be human.
She never stops trying to be a good person mind you, but she accepts her new nature as something non-human.

Shame she was the worst part of the show...

Fine, how fucked up your plot device is, happy? The rest of everything I said stands.

He very specifically talks about how Maxwell has strayed from the path of God, and how what he's doing is straight up wrong. It's very clear he was in the minority about this(every other priest in his group wanted to just murder some people, after all), but he very clearly began violating orders from the start. Hell, he wouldn't even kill Integra, a woman who knowingly works with a vampire, because he knew there was larger issues at stake.

What's her alignment?

Big tits nice gun.

Lawful Titty.

N or CN

Lawful Oppai.

I mean Oppai Good.

dude, they're big, but they're not discustingly big

It's likely a joke about how her tits got bigger as the series went on.

I don't know, I think he knew the nail would change him but he also felt that he didn't have any other choice.

It was either die fighting Alucard normally, or use the nail and possibly have a chance. If he was a shonen protag no one would care but you're giving him shit now for playing his only out.

Southern European Catholics tend towards fecklessness, but that's southern europe in general, RC or Greek Orthodox.