Warhammer 40k General

Because someone has to do a new Edition

Also, where did the GSC with the googles cover go?

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Older stuff in PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>As current as the FAQs get
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE CLOWNS):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

First for Bjorn

You're allowed to pick a single army to get every model you want from, for free.

What is your money-no-option army?

I'm going to a 40k doubles tournament this weekend. 1000 points, random pairing, no super-heavies/gargantuans.

How is this list for my Executioners?

Titan Legions or Knights.

Space Marines

Im making my first army. Its 1000 points of imperial fists to get me started, how is it?

Thanks for the replies, guys.

What do the Daemons in Wrath of Magnus differently than standard 6e Daemons?

I wish they just would have released it all in one book so I didn't have to buy two fucking books back to back

40k Pestigors when?

30k Mechanicum, since they can take every Knight, a lot of Baneblade variants, Titans and s shitload of other stuff as well as their awesome but expensive models.

Dark Mechanicum Supplement when

Please do not. Memes are reddit cancer.

I'm a petty fan of anything with a Land Raider for its warlord.
Imperial Agents. That counts as a single army, right?

What would it take for GW to release new models and supplements for non Imperium and Chaos armies? Maybe I'm biased cause Necrons haven't gotten anything new in a good amount of time, while Tau, Eldar, and even Tyranids get new stuff (sorta with GSC).

They replace the ones in the daemon codex with their updated rules.

Horrors ONLY have acess to lore of change but split into two blue horrors when they die, which in tern split into brimstone horrors on death.

That's a meme? Huh. I was just asking him not to do a stupid thing.

Just in case you didn't know, for your tactical squads they can take the Razorback as a dedicated transport but it can only hold a maximum of 6 in it at a time. You'd have to combat squad them or wait for 4 to die in each squad to ride in it.

In an Anvil Strike Force is the only way I find a generic LR worth it
>Effectively 4 TL Lascannons

Wanted to try a game with a Land Raider Excelsior as the WL, but put my Marines on hold.

Ayy

Looks like a good start. A couple ideas:

1)Give your Terminator Captain a storm shield. Also consider Cataphractii Armour

2)Instead of 10 man squads, take 5 man squads, and take a Devastator Squad instead to put your heavy bolters in + another with heavy bolters, grav or lascannons. You are Imperial Fists, so your Devastators are BETTER than other chapters' devastators.

Sup, Veeky Forums. Long time local player here, looking to get into the ITC circuit. How does this look for an AdMech army? Any suggestions on what to spend the last 15 points on?

+++ Machines March 1835/1850 +++

++ Skitarii: War Convocation (745/1850) ++

1 Ironstrider Ballistarii: 55
- Twin-Linked Cognis Lascannon

2 Onager Dunecrawlers: 180
- 1 Icarus Array
- 1 Neutron Laser + Cognis Heavy Stubber
- 2x Cognis Manipulator, Mindscanner Probe, Smoke Launchers

5 Sicarian Infiltrators: 185
- Flechette Blasters and Taser Goads
- Conversion Field, Digital Weapons, Infoslave Skull, Omniscient Mask

5 Sicarian Ruststalkers: 160
- 2 Transonic Blades
- Chordclaw, Conversion Field, Digital Weapons, Prehensile Dataspike, The Phase Taser

5 Skitarii Rangers: 65
- 2 Arc Rifles
- Omnispex
- Conversion Field, Digital Weapons, Arc Maul, The Skull of Elder Nikola

10 Skitarii Vanguard: 100
- 3 Plasma Calivers
- Omnispex
- Conversion Field, Digital Weapons, Taser Goad, Pater Radium

++ Cult Mechanicus: War Convocation (435/1850) ++

Tech-Priest Dominus: 105
- Warlord
- Autocadeuceus of Arkhan Land, Erradication Ray, Macrostubber, Digital Weapons, Infoslave Skull, Conversion Field

3 Kataphron Destroyers: 165
- Heavy Grav-Cannons
- Phosphor Blasters

3 Kataphron Destroyers: 165
- Heavy Grav-Cannons
- Phosphor Blasters

++ Imperial Knights: War Convocation (370/1850) ++

Knight Errant: 370
- Ravager

++ Fortifications: War Convocation (255/1850) ++
Imperial Bunker: 105
- Escape Hatch
- Void Shield

++ Cult Mechanicus: Enginseer Congregation (40/1850) ++

Enginseer: 40

++ Imperial Agents: Officio Assassinorum: 140
- Culexus Assassin

Necrons don't really need anything new, I expect it to be a long time before they see another update.

Anons, I want to add a 3 Pred squadron to my 1500 list. Is Autocannon + HBolter good? Should I add any upgrades to them? I have 40 points left over in my list if I add all three.

Okay so how do we make nids good?

It looks like I got rhinos and razorbacks backwards. I meant for them to be rhinos.

My points were all messed up because of my mistake. But that also seems good. Ill go redo the list.

While we're rating Babby's First Lists, how is this?

I've been told that, right now, 40k is S7 Shooting Uber Alles, so I've crammed in as much as I can.

As for the lightning claw lord, I know it's not a great build, but I really love the model.

Don't expect ITC help from here, it's regarded as a ineffective bandaid that complicated shit at best.

Are you sure about that Ballistarii? I always feel like the Dragoon is more useful for the points, although admittedly a single is kind of lacking compared to a 2-3 Dragoon group.

Is there a way to make a non unbound (everything with objective secure or at least 2/3 of the army to have it) of Imperial walkers?
You know Knights, Sentinels, Dunecrawlers, Penitent Engines and such.

No it isn't you retard, ITC is absolutely skubtastic on Veeky Forums and is generally regarded as a point of argument.

I'll admit, that's a holdover from a previous version - I started building AdMech with only 1500 in mind, and so I didn't have the Icarus Dunecrawler. I needed some pseudo-anti-air, and a TL cognis Lascannon was a pretty good way to do it. Besides, I don't know what I'd drop for multiple dragoons at this point.

Why do people like AdMech? They are the lamest army in the game, every single model looks exactly the same.

Wait for the GSC guys to write their next Codex.

>Implying Cruddace won't come back for that one

New melee race I2 shitpost?

It's hard to say really. Mixing ground and Anti-Air weapons on the Onagers does kind of suck, but I don't know if that justifies dropping the Neutron Onager, but I will note that you could add 2 Dragoons to have a 3 Dragoon unit with 10 extra points to spare. Just an option, I don't play ITC so I'm just spitballing.

Butthurt shitposter detected. Stay mad that some retard who sounds like he has emphysema is singlehandedly bringing GW back into the tournament scene.

Not sure about the Enginseer. I'd probably drop him and swap the Ironstrider for a pair of Dragoons.

Absolutely no way they let him fuck it up again when GSC showed a lot of awareness of his failings.

I've only finished the first two turns, but this Tau player is both unlucky and bad. Tau player went second - unlucky. Tau player scouted pathfinders - dumb. Nid player made a 10 inch charge - lucky. Tau player failed Nova reactor - unlucky. Tau player nova reactor'd 3++ on a Riptide that was in no danger - dumb. And so on.

Admittedly it is kind of fun to watch but I'm not sure how useful it is as a demonstration.

>shitpost
>implying it isn't true

SoB rumors be like.

RESET THE CLOCK!

Why does anybody dislike Admech? They are the coolest army in the game, every single model is gorgeous.

How to fix CSM, Veeky Forums?

>Mixing ground and Anti-Air weapons on the Onagers does kind of suck
Techpriest Enginseer gives the Neutron onager Power of the Machine Spirit. 40 points and a warm body gives me all the benefits of both and no drawbacks. That's the theory, anyway.

And ITC doesn't seem that bad to me? It mostly seems to be patching shit Veeky Forums spends a lot of time bitching about anyway.

Oh for fuck sake I doubt it is just one user. But I've seen this exact same question in multiple threads.

Regardless if it is true or not. It reached shitpost status

Give them an ObSec formation that is the core of a bunch of thematic detachments that let people pretend it's 3.5e again. Oh wait.

Do we know that for sure? I haven't seen a scan of the Enginseer datasheet from CIA

The Enginseer is said to be the same thing as Astra Militarum, but for AdMech. If he doesn't allow that, I'll be damn surprised.

It was instantly called a shitpost the first time I posted it, nobody even bothered to refute it save for a single user yesterday who actually ended up agreeing with me.

So I'll continue to trigger Mechspergs until I get a good answer.

>implying anybody but shitposters, memers and people who hate SoB actually bothered to take them seriously

To top it all off, Lady Anita ended up back-tracking and damage controlling.

>plastic SoB s-s-should still be coming! N-n-no ETA though!

So when they don't come out, you can go "well I did say no ETA and that they should be coming, not that they were!". I wonder how they get this information in the first place.

I'm also 100% convinced she saw Sister of Silence models, since those are clearly getting an update next year, and got confused.

Traitor Legions helped a ton and I expect 8th Edition will address the over costed units.

>So I'll continue to trigger filters untill
Post Hidden press + to read

Top kek, your tears are delicious.

Ok, so I just got Codex Imperial Agents, and I'm not allowed to talk about it, but;

Ok, there's an imperial navy faction which has its own detachment of 0-1 hq (master of the fleet, 20 prs) and 1 fast attack ( 1-4 valks, no vendettas!). They get rerolls on reserve rolls. What they DON'T get is a rule allowing them to start the game with embarked battle brothers! Has GW reached a new level of retardation!

Also; no more dual IP canonesses.

Unmentioned buff for sister; celestian COMMAND squad, you know, the girls who can take 5 heavy/special weapons (and combi weapons, so you could have a unit with five girls with a heavy flamer AND a combi-melta each. And meltabombs. Or, if you're a Fucktardiotard; 2 fucking Storm bolters EACH!), yeah, those girls; they're no longer 0-1 per canoness, but ordinary elite slots. So If you're not to obsessed about rending, you can take these girls instead and put exorcists in every HS slot. Or just take three of theese + three retributia squads, all maxed out on multimeltad, for a total of 27 multimeltas + how many you're going to put in troops.

Also, new WAAC ally; SoB ministorum delegation: 1 priest + 1 elite; aka; said command squad, but, replace one with the banner that gives ALL friendlies within 12" +1 attack.

>implying a shitty opinion needs "refuting"
w e w

Okay I redid it with the advice from this and the previous thread. Is this better?

Still better than your shitty models

I know, just wanted to shitpost.

I play a mix of SoB/Inquistion and other Imperial faction since my SoB models are a mix of kit bash I run what ever imperial army I want.

Inquisitorial Battle Harem!

>Ok, there's an imperial navy faction which has its own detachment of 0-1 hq (master of the fleet, 20 prs) and 1 fast attack ( 1-4 valks, no vendettas!). They get rerolls on reserve rolls. What they DON'T get is a rule allowing them to start the game with embarked battle brothers! Has GW reached a new level of retardation!

This is the dumbest shit I've ever read

I actually play Dark Eldar my man.
But don't worry, your army is nothing but shitty models! Refute that, friend. :^)

I dont think she actually Saw anything she was told, then her Source went no sorry!. She kinda looked silly, and had to do Damage controll

only GW know whats coming when. but i have it on fairly good authority the first 2 months are Aos, with the armless failure thrown in. march is some box game. thats it.

Don't run tactical squads of 6. If you want razorback squads, just run 5. One extra body and bolter is not worth the 14pts it costs.

Don't mix weapons in Dev squads. Pick either missile launchers or heavy bolters, and put 4 of them in each squad.

LasPlas razorbacks will fare better than TLHB razorbacks.

Give the tac squads a heavy weapon instead of a meltagun. Razorback-based armies are for gunline camping, they won't be driving up close enough to use that meltagun.

>I know, just wanted to shitpost.

I got banned because I said I was shitposting about SoB on ANOTHER website. The website was my OWN website, but I didn't say so because I'd have gotten banned for advertising or something. It was under 'Garbage Outside /b/'. So I'd delete that post mate or you'll get done too.

As for your last point, that's the reason I'm not too sad about SoB not being updated. Imperial Agents allows me to run an all female Imperial army. So I can buy proxies and not feel too bad.

You have $40 to start an army. The army you make must be fielded and win a game in its own points class. What do you buy?

Dude. Can you at least settle real fast? I need to know if I'm buying an Enginseer.

>Deldar queer talking about shit models
Top fucking kek, stay mad.

Oh the wonders of public internet and public computers. You can shit post now without the need of proxy!

What a wonderful world!

But yah Imperial Agent sound cool.

The navy stupidity has reached a new level of GW retardation

Are you allowed to tell us whether the Enginseer, Astropath, Coteaz, Inq Chimeras are the same as previously, Mr possibly-accurate rumouranon? If not, I'll wait.

Yup. What I know (or should I say, claimed, since Lady Anita has lost my respect for rumouring)

1. AoS Tzeentch Arcanites
2. Abaddon Model + Campaign
3. The Fallen Codex (Prob bollocks, but who knows)

The end of Wrath of Magnus says that SoS are returning in 40k, so we know they're going to get more rules and models. Probably in a Weapons of the Emperor or Emperor's Chosen codex or something daft.

As for the source fucking up, I'm sure he saw Sisters of Silence models then and got confused. Because he's an idiot.

SoB aren't going to get updated any time soon. Her damage control is pretty pathetic. She should have just said "my source was wrong, so there is no evidence or even a chance of SoB model update at the moment, so consider them squatted in IA until further notice".

I get a job at GW and buy magnus with the employee discount

>Tau player went second - unlucky
This happens in half of all games, that's not really particularly unlucky.

>Tau player scouted pathfinders - dumb.
Yeah that was probably a bad move.

>Nid player made a 10 inch charge - lucky.
With Fleet that's average, nothing especially lucky about it. Happens all the time.

>Tau player failed Nova reactor - unlucky.
Happens a third of the time, and he only fails it I think twice during the whole game between two Riptides and only once suffers a Wound from it due to FnP, so he did better than average there.

>Tau player nova reactor'd 3++ on a Riptide that was in no danger - dumb.
It could have been in danger, this wasn't necessarily a bad move.

Basically nothing you listed other than the Pathfinders scouting too far forward is really an unlikely occurrence in a real game - you're acting like a Tau player who doesn't get perfect rolls on everything all the time is "unlucky" when in fact the opposite would be true, that if he didn't fail some of those rolls he would have been absurdly LUCKY.

This is a game based on random dice after all.

>Really love the entire DEldar model line except the vehicles
>Footslogging DEldar are so terrible to the point where people don't even consider it as a concept

why live

The ban was only 24 hours, I can't evade and don't have a phone. So I'm the only one it actually works on.

Yes, the navy thing is downright retarded. I hope GW fixes that. The SoB decurion (I hate that word, they call it something else in the codex) is also so pathetic it makes me cry. Whomever writes the SoB rules has a hard-on for 'one use' items.

>$40
>army

Squad you mean

And I guess I'd get a unit of Vanguards

Not him but
>not thinking the DE range is literally the best GW has ever made

How is it possible for one man to have this much shit taste?

Glad to hear the command squad is in elites, dissappointed I can't insert my nuns aerially.

How good an idea is it to run command squads of 4 combi plasmas and 1 hospitaller in a MM immolator? Seems like a decent choice for an immo spam army as it only costs 180 points.

Pask, with a pine box for his enemies.

He could be stuck with GW's bullshit. They only give 2 of each heavy weapon in the dev box, plus a heavy bolter in with tacs. So he could just be running what he has, at which point it's a good play - but then, if you're doing that, put the HBs in one squad, and the lascannon + missile in another, to be able to devote.

That chaplain + termie squad is going to be a giant fucking target. See if you can scrape together a single stormshield guy, and if you can't, go with it, but know that every ap2 weapon in the game is going to be staring them down. And rightly so, because anything you catch with 3+ armour or worse is just fucking dead.

They're doing pretty okay with Traitor Legions now. I think they'll be a force to be reckoned with next edition when the core book is updated.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

Skitarii box. 5 vanguard with plasma, pistol and mace, 5 rangers with arc rifle.

150 points of fuck you.

Replace metlas with lascannons and set all dev squads to heavy bolters then?

I figured I would want as many heavy bolters as possible with IF so I left the razorbacks with them.

Death Guard Legion Rules

The scrolls on the sorcerer are meant to be Poxwalker Hive and he'll hang with the cultists.

The possession/extra armour on the lead vindicator is actually the 25 points for the Maelstrom Raider Legacy of Ruin from Imperial Armour 13. Grants the vehicle Fear and Outflank (meaning the entire squadron of vindicators will outflank).

SM or Skitarii?

Shitty DV Cultists and a Dark Apostle off Ebay and run Lost and the Damned.

My guess is the formation will get errata specifically to allow BB. The FAQ which changed that rule is less then a month old. IA was almost certainly long finalized and already at the printers when that change went through.

The astropath is an astra telepathica hq who now can uppgrade to ml2, and buy a refractor field. Enginseer now cult mech, may buy refrsctor fields, servitors are an elite slot.

Coteaz unchanged.

>I figured I would want as many heavy bolters as possible with IF so I left the razorbacks with them.
Actual IF Player here. The only time Heavy Bolters are worth it is on dev squads, and even then not by much.

Our actual benefits are ease when it comes to remembering our Chapter Tactics (How many Ultramarines players have gone 'wait shit I forgot my doctorines'?) and an incredibly flexible Sternhammer detachment (What's that? A battle demi-company and infinite Dev squads? Don't mind if I do).

Inquisitor Coteaz, plus a box of Guardsmen, and use them as count-as Acolytes. You then have a 150 pt Inquisiton army with 10 Bolters, and an ML2 2+ save character who could probably win the match on his own with lucky psychic shrieks if in the Acolyte unit to avoid being ID'd. Has a few problems with vehicles, but at that point level you probably won't see much that his S6 hammer won't kill.

trying to build an alpha legion detachment

the 5 points extra are to convert the power armor of the daemon prince into the scale armor

>The SoB decurion
I thought they didn't get a "Decurion". Just a straightforward single formation detachment.

What does the Enginseer's Machine Spirit-granting rule work on now? That is the single thing I need to know.

>the 5 points extra are to convert the power armor of the daemon prince into the scale armor
AH, I was wondering why he didn't have the Black Mace.

Never seen a CSM DP without one.

>single formation detachment.
You mean just a detachment? There are NO SoB formations in that book.
Get your terminology straight guys.

The deamon prince MUST be upgraded to a DP of one of the gods. my advice is nurgle

And I presume the Enginseer Congregation is an enginseer and a few Servitors? Fuck yes, that's going in the Admech list.
Also now our 10pt psykers are more expensive, but that's about it.

> Coteaz unchanged
Well, that's a relief. That's literally everything I wanted. Coteaz is there, Admech nab a nice toy, my Acolytes are fine and I still have psykers.

Copypasta, it only works on astra militarum vehicles.

the spineshard blade on your lord is a Black Legion relic. i assume you want to give him the Blade of the Hydra?