Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Homebrewed Deities Edition!

What gods have you made? Have you become a god yet? Why not?

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateCampaign/characterBackground/backgroundGenerator.html
myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1037433
amazonchique.tumblr.com/post/108981965752/pixiebutterandjelly-ayellowbirds
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I haven't made any new gods because Faerun has enough.

I also haven't run a game long enough for a PC to become a deity.

Knifemaster has uses a d8 rather then a d6 for daggers, which are probably the main weapon I'm gonna use for the alchemist so it's moderately less shit.

Baldur's gate got away with its end only because only singleplayer games can make one PC thousand times more important than the others

I like small sized races and male characters so probably small on both?

because i'm slowly dying inside

It's not the size of the die, it's the number.

So vivisectionist/Preservationist is my best bet then?

Working on my character for RotJR, looking for thoughts.

Fionna Deverin
Human Warlord||Beguiler (Theurgic Brigand)

>Daughter of Kendra Deverin and childhood friend of Ameiko
>As a young girl she was wild and unruly as a reaction to her powers manifesting
>Was shipped off to boarding school run by the Magnimar Navy to "get disciplined"
>Initially spent a lot of spare time in Underbridge practicing her magic with local beguilers, but as she advanced in her schooling and matured this side of her life lost its appeal
>Upon graduating, she returns to Sandpoint and joins the guard, but quickly becomes frustrated by the limits of what she could do as a guard
>Breaking point comes when she is unable to prove that a group of Sczarni stole an important shipment from Ameiko
>Takes on vigilante identity to take matters into her own hands, brutally slaying the Sczarni
>Acts as upright guard during the day, but takes on the mantle of a merciless force of vengeance/justice at night

>What gods have you made?
Right now i am working on pantheon for Sunless Sea-esque game. Thankless job since are unlikely that i can find players for this game.

Reminder that what your character looks like has NO DEPENDENCY on their stats unless it's the size of their muscles. Height, eye color, whatever, none of that is derived from the existing stat block. You are what you want to be, it's a fucking game.

So my halfling could still be swinging a giant-sized pipe. Got it.

Yes, actions and abilities are indeed what you look like. You're very clever when you try to be.

Thanks. I think?

>the only thing that's limited is getting to look buff
fucking martial favoritism at its worst god damn it Paizo

For flanking/SA, yes.

Promethean is a meme. Vivesectionist is infinitely better if you want to do flanking.

I like it, can't really point anything out besides being a guard kinda roots you to sandport a bit. Maybe make the ties to being a guard a little looser? Like she was a guard but quit when she learned there was a hard limit on what she could do to help.

That guy's clearly multi-classing.

>implying I could ever become a god

As for homebrew gods, I remember someone statted a bunch of Nintendo entities as PF gods. I know they had Palutena and Master Hand, but I forget what else, it was a long time ago.

As for me, I once asked how to port the Dragon Aspects as PF gods, but not only have I since forgotten anything beyond what Domains they'd have, I'm also interested in whether you could port the Old Gods individually or if they're just one set of Domains on their own.

If I recall, the Aspects went like this:

>Alexstrasza: Fire, Good (Friendship, Redemption), Healing (Resurrection, Restoration), Scalykind (Dragon)

>Malygos: Magic (Arcane), Scalykind (Dragon), Travel (Portal), Knowledge (Thought)

>Ysera: Scalykind (Dragon), Plant, Animal (Feather, Fur), Knowledge (Memory)

>Nozdormu: Scalykind (Dragon), Law (Inevitable), Luck (Fate), Repose (Ancestors)

>Neltharion (pre-corruption): Earth (Caves), Scalykind (Dragon), Protection (Defense), Strength (Ferocity)

>Deathwing: Scalykind (Dragon), Destruction (Catastrophe, Hatred), Evil (Corruption), Madness (Insanity), Death

Sczarni don't really do anything aside from petty crime/non violent stuff iirc. Nothing worth killing people over unless your the Punisher.

What class does this guy look like?

So my DM's asking for a short description of our characters' background. I'm going to be playing a Human Oradin of Ilmater, and while I've got a good idea of how he'll interact with others, I don't really know what his plans\dreams\aspirations are beyond "alleviating those in need like Ilmater says to and because it's the right thing to do".

So toss me any ideas you might have for quests/goals a servant of the Broken God might have. To be more specific, something that isn't just rewarded upon reaching some milestone like "Wow you're amazing! We would like you to join The Justice League." or something similar.

Bard (Rubati).

>guy

Ninja

>paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateCampaign/characterBackground/backgroundGenerator.html

Roll everything

So what traits would go well with a Nexian Thief with the ability to travel through the 4th dimension?

myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1037433

This is a picture of him.

The trait that involves you killing yourself.

Bullied? That's a pretty sucky trait.

Ok so not deity related but I'm trying to get a Naruto dnd going with some buddies and I could use a hand working on the system
> Inb4youraweeb

So far I have it set up so that all players start with a modified ninja class renamed shinobi, works similarly to the original class except the ninja tricks would be touched up on/added to, and Ki, renamed chakra, works off of CON instead of CHA. For the chakra you choose one of the 5 natures at character creation, and can possibly earn more along the way (still figuring that one out), now instead of a strict list of jutsu's for players to use I have it split into several abilities that encompass all the elements, such as clone, manipulation, and dragon techniques. There are some separate jutsu's though like rasangan, and summoning jutsu being two examples. Now since all members of the group would start out human there would be no real need for a race module, so I have that replaced with a currently in progress clan system, though there would be a build your own character option.

Could anyone give me ideas or advice for furthering this along?

Sword and no armor? I might be brainfarting but I actually can only think of Investigator who does that, except for oddball monk builds that put feats into making other things monk weapons.

Naruto ninja's are often better done as kineticists, aside from the occasional rando that is a monk or something like rock lee.

Mandate everyone being a caster, but everybody gets a Monk's unarmed strike. Naruto was supposed to be just about wizards anyway before he changed it to ninjas, wasn't it?

>him

That's not a bad idea, thanks user!

>What gods have you made?

I mage a god of grief and rage, who left the heavens after his lover was killed. All the other gods used her body to make the race of man, and each gave them a gift (knowledge, drive, mastery of tools, etc)... Well the god of grief snuck in and gave newborn man the gift of fury. He is very much their father god after this event. He was the second to last god to give his gift.

The other gods claimed he ruined man, except for the god of death... who claims he perfected them. The god of death was the last god to give his gift to man, and he gave them mortality, they would not have to toil away for eternity, suffering grief and loss (which were the downsides to passion and emotion).

The "avatar" of this god is always portrayed as weeping (like an erinyes) - his face contorted with extreme emotion. He can be found by wandering into a storm - because he brings water to the land. Sometimes he's a soft rain, sometimes he's a raging storm, but man can always find him by wandering into a storm.

His followers are few, but wildly powerful and they have all lost someone important to them (whether it be a newborn child, or a lover or a sibling). You can always seek the father of man out in a storm, and there's a lot of superstitions about it. It's commonly thought that only the crazed walk into a storm.

the god of death wanders the mortal realms as an old man, and whenever a storm comes his way he finds his way to a hill where he sits and chats with the god of grief, consoles him a bit and asks him to give up his anger - which every time has been met with flat refusal

The other gods made their own races, but none have quite the connection with their patron that man has.

So, besides Goddess of Pain, anything else?

Sewing? Needle work?

>Needle work?
Leatherworking.

Joining a new game as a Strix Fighter who wears the heaviest armor and specializes in three dimensional flying overrun spam. What gear and weapons should I wear?

Feats, etc. I'm somewhat new at PF.

Maybe it's just me, but all of those options seem way too vague for my DM to really do anything with it.

Helps for hardcore BDSM worshippers

I was thinking Veiled Moon Stalker!

Why not? Not enough XP yet is why not.
But I've got a plan. I've got a plan that will get me ALL of the XPs.

However, making them fit their stats and abilities a bit in their description can be fun. Just, start with the build, and then ask yourself "now how in the fuck did THAT happen"

Stat me

Skald

Mulibruous Tincture is a hell of a drug.

>Mulibruous Tincture
I keep hearing about this and night tea or whatever but can't find anything on it. Where is it from?

What's a good simple weapon for a character who isn't really meant to be actively fighting but needs something to do with her spare actions at low levels? 0 Str mod, +1 Dex, no finesse. I feel like crossbow would be the classic option, but what does /pfg/ recommend?

You wont find Mulibruous Tincture anywhere official. Just the Tumblr of one Paizo creators i think.

Night tea on the other hand is in Adventurer's Armory

Just aid another.

So it's some tumblr shit one of the SJW paizo devs shat out?

I would suggest the "Kineticists use combat stamina in place of burn and get the bonus feat" thing if you go through with that idea. Burn is a Very punishing system that is to brutal in a lot of players eyes.

more or less, but there's some meme potential in there. For instance Trap Making.

C-can I have a link?

I'm picturing Ye Olde Trappe Maker's Shoppe

Mulibrous Tincture; 2gp/dose

Mulibrous tincture is an alchemical mixture of plants, fungi, and distilled reagents brewed primarily by dwarves, halflings, and humans. A single dose of the minty elixir is sufficient to relieve menstrual pains for 1d4 days, and grants the imbiber a +1 alchemical bonus to saves against pain for one hour. Many noblewomen believe the tincture also slows the aging process and extends their fertile years, though with mixed results.

Consuming two doses of mulibrous tincture a week for more than two weeks in a row causes stomach upset and food cravings; imbibers must make a DC 12 Fortitude save each day or be sickened for 24 hours. Once the imbiber has successfully saved against the tincture’s effects two days in a row, they may continue drinking it without further ill effects. Consuming mulibrous tincture twice a week for more than four weeks begins to dull masculine features, and causes a masculine-bodied being to take on increasingly feminine features. After two months, a masculine-bodied imbiber no longer suffers any penalty to Disguise checks to appear as the “opposite” sex. After four months, the imbiber instead takes a –2 penalty to Disguise checks to disguise themselves as a man.

The transformational effects of mulibrous tincture wear off at half the rate they developed, though sufficient long-term use makes the transformation effect permanent (GM discretion).

Alchemical Component: Five doses of mulibrous tincture may be added as a material component for the alter self spell, extending its duration as per the Extend Spell feat

Well, aid another's an option if you're close but you do need something to protect yourself.

The answer is a firearm. Even without proficiency, a firearm will net you attacks vs touch-AC, which at higher levels will let your noncombatant ACTUALLY HIT THINGS, which ain't going to fucking happen with a crossbow*

So at the very least get yourself something like a double-pistol or a dragon pistol early on (scatter shots), and a double-barreled shotgun when you can afford it. Even with the -4, you'll be far more likely to hit later on than you would with any other weapon type, which if you aren't actually someone with good bonuses, is going to be your only hope.

In fact, if you *can*, consider the machineguns later on... They're incomaptible with damage feats to begin with, so it's not like you're losing out if you don't even get deadly aim with it.

*(crossbows are the redheaded stepchild of pathfinder RAW, except more often beaten, and compared quite disfavorably to the damage output of water balloons. This is no joke, this is something that acutally happened).

>grants the imbiber a +1 alchemical bonus to saves against pain for one hour.
When is this a thing? Is this just a save against damage?

They did want everyone to be included. So here's your man juice

Anderos Salve; 5gp/jar

A human and halfling specialty brewed from animal organs and rare roots, anderos salve is sold under a hundred different claims, from reversing balding and growing facial hair to transforming a soldier into a superhuman juggernaut. More realistically, older men use it to slow the aging process, alleviate impotence, and restore the vigor of youth. Smearing a dose of anderos salve on the upper arm or chest reduces the physical penalties from age by one point for 1d4 hours, and provides a +1 alchemical bonus on Fortitude saves to resist becoming fatigued for one hour. A creature may only benefit from the effects of anderos salve once per 24 hours

Applying one dose of anderos salve per day for two or more weeks causes irritability, difficulty sleeping, and muscle cramps. Imbibers must make a DC 12 Fortitude save each day or be fatigued for 24 hours. Once the user has successfully saved against the salve’s effects two days in a row, they may continue applying it without further ill effects. Applying anderos salve once a day for more than four weeks begins to reduce fatty tissue, stimulates hair growth, and makes features more angular, causing a feminine-bodied being to take on increasingly masculine features. After two months, a feminine-bodied imbiber no longer suffers any penalty to Disguise checks to appear as the “opposite” sex. After four months, the imbiber instead takes a –2 penalty to Disguise checks to disguise themselves as a woman.
The transformational effects of anderos salve wear off at half the rate they developed, though sufficient long-term use makes the transformation effect permanent (GM discretion).
One jar contains ten applications of salve.

Nah, basically saving throws (fortitude or will) against either being tortured or certain spells

Is that better than potshots with a crossbow? I'd rather not be on the front line if I can avoid it.

Has anyone tried a Musketeer/Luring Cavalier before? Seems like an interesting pair of archetypes.

>all those penalties
>only works for a few HOURS instead of days
>lol vs fatigued for one hour; when do you even take it? before the exertion it's run out, after it's too late?

paizo's pretty blatant when it comes to fucking men over.

>Not mentioning the 2gp vs 5gp per use
Equality my ass.

make your potshots with a rifle.

How is a non gunslinger getting a rifle at low levels?

actually that's the one thing it has going for it, it's cheaper. it's 5s a dose (10 uses in a jar).

What happens if you take both?

No one is. Not even the gunslinger. Gunslingers aren't a magical wonderful class; they just get to eventually have some bonuses that make up for the flaws in firearms.

Nevertheless, as soon as his character can afford it, something like a double-barrel pistol may be exactly the "one potshot once in a while" the player needs; one that actually fucking works.

you get the Iconic Shaman. Because that's canoically what they did.

These are all potions and stuff that they took for their sex change operation.

If I were to take a guess, the FAQ will say the woman wins.

It's hard to become a god when you're devoted to serving one. You settle for herald, demigod kinda things.

Warsoul Soulknives can if they take that one blade skill.

So a while ago I mentioned my DM just went fucking missing and user told me to get let the police now.

Well, we found out. Turned out he had a schizophrenic break, was apparently not diagnosed, and just wandered off into the night. They found him in a homeless shelter.

Guess I need a new DM.

amazonchique.tumblr.com/post/108981965752/pixiebutterandjelly-ayellowbirds

There's some more bullshit in there, but its pretty much non canon. FanTASTIC for memes though.

I just can't part with a faithful steed. Plus luring cavalier is Mongol as fuck

>Yea I'd probably go for that, not as bad as some of the other-
>wait, "male?"
>mfw realization that I've been here so long I still considered it

I'm not sure if it's the lack of sleep, or if I really am falling apart. Touche.

Is there anyway to make a Gambler kinetcist not Con based?

GM permission? Aside from that, you need to be a race that doesn't use con for HP, then you can grab a feat in the Roil Dancers pdf that uses that attribute instead.

Does rage make your dick bigger?

Temporary bonuses don't count

Permanent bonuses only. So wear a belt of physical perfection for more than 24 hours.

What about something like mutagen that can last all day.

So being Pitborn makes your dick bigger?

So you can get a 43 con with permanent bonuses (pitborn, profane, belt, levels, start at 18)

So that's a +16 to dick size?

What does polymorphing do?

Warsouls can do far more than that, believe me.

>tfw redoing my characters backstory for the third fucking time
What the hell? I never bothered putting this much thought into my character backstories and I honestly think the character is suffering for it.

Rolled 7, 7 + 16 = 30 (2d10 + 16)

dont think poly counts, that'd run into the racial bonuses.

And i'm rolling tits thank you very much. i'm just that kinda guy.

Size bonuses likely would count, though I'm unsure if they affect CON. Racial ability scores would impact it The half-giants lack of a CON bonus is why I disagree with their inherit +2 on top of the d12. Memes are great and all, but it gets ridiculous. In all honesty it dick or bust size should probably cap based on creature size. Else we can run into areas where your dick "should" extend into the next square but /doesn't/ because you're still medium.

I've heard a good argument for 4d6 instead.

No I mean if I turn into a Cloud Giant my dick should become larger.

Depends, Giant Form affects con.

Last time I did a Musketeer/Luring Cavalier I got FREDERICK HENDERTHANE, HERO OF THE EMPIRE.

>FREDERICK HENDERTHANE, HERO OF THE EMPIRE
Care to elaborate?

3d8 would probably be better, and even that's still too big IMO. Tieflings shouldn't be 2d10 either. They should be 2d8, and Half-Giants should be 2d10 and that's only really because of powerful build, Aasimar should be 2d6, Humans and most other medium races should be 2d4

Con should not effect dick size. I've met sickly people with big dicks.

I'd be in favor of that too, honestly. Especially since most people put a 12 or 14 into con, it's just inflation of numbers.

He was a fantastically racist Chelish nobleman from a cadet branch of House Henderthane who saw a trip to the Mwangi Expanse as the PERFECT opportunity to bring his particular rendition of the Henderthane line to prominence, after that dreadful Orinxes Affair saw the entire main trunk of the Henderthane line exterminated.

He was bold, obnoxious and hopelessly British.

Well the potluck didn't go well. When I got to work and I was parking my bike the basket of my bike came off and spilled everywhere and one of the dishes broke. I had to throw it away, and I cut my hands picking up glass. Glass got in the bread pudding too so all I had was the pie, luckily I didn't get blood on it. I got blood on my gift and shirt throw. Fucking hell. I cleaned the gift off best I could and my shirt. My hands really hurt now.

I'm trying so hard, why can't I do anything.

At an average of 3.5 per dice that's still 14 inches which is goddamn gigantic. That is *literally* horse sized.