>free DFC fleet builder
dflist.com/

>Where to order DFC from
waylandgames.co.uk/3951-dropfleet-commander
miniaturemarket.com/table-top-miniatures/dropfleet-commander.html
thewarstore.com/dropfleet-commander-preorder.html

>DFC Kickstarter, lots of useful information to drudge through
kickstarter.com/projects/hawkwargames/dropfleet-commander

Reminder to ignore bait, unless it is masterfully crafted.

Other urls found in this thread:

escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/Khell_Sennet
steamid.eu/profile/76561197978873914
steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/679505235/357285562480662197/
steamcommunity.com/groups/guardlight
archive.is/43PE7
archive.is/4K6AL
archive.is/y8LIv
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This MF-B shit's gettin' real.

This is a Pungari thread now. Everyone except hedgehogs please leave.

:^)

Someone post the Scourge Corvette.

Top 10th for eat shit khell

9th for Gantz being PHR reqruitment centre.

Hey gaise. A buddy alerted me to the Khell drama, and there's nothing I love more than drama that targets furfags. Unfortunately, he went into full lockdown mode before I got home from work, so there's not a ton to track down. Here's what I did get, though.

>had an escapist account, 2008-2010, racked up 7080 posts before permaban: escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/Khell_Sennet
>steam account, recently set to private, username changed today at 2:57, unknown timezone: steamid.eu/profile/76561197978873914
>google does NOT have his profile cached, but does have this blurb for the old copy of his profile's result: "I am awesome, and I like cookies. ...Steam told me to say that. That joke aside, who am I? I am a very private person among strangers / the public. Ever since the ..."
>found steam profile from this: steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/679505235/357285562480662197/
>created this steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/guardlight

I've got other less interesting stuff, but universally, he's got the same haughty, annoying, autistic way of phrasing things, and seems to hate any sort of early access or kickstarter product.

I've got some shit to do IRL, but enjoy!

Seeing how he described himself as "kickstarter troll" in one comment, and if he hates all kickstarter stuff, does he really spent quite a lot of money on things *just* to bitch about them? Because that's really pathetic.

Thing is, if he can recoup the money, like he allegedly did with his dropfleet stuff, then it's at worst net $0 to bitch at people. If he can't for some reason, then he gets to be 'right' and is vindicated.

It's plain, simple autism. I'm not really a kikestarter fan, but taking it that far is lolcow-tier.

>14 scourge starter sets left on MM
>even shaltari are down to 2

I guess people are just buying the two player boxes instead and then trading the spare UCM stuff with friends,

UCM is selling almost as well as PHR, totally out of stock

Jellies are eternally in last place. It's always been PHR -> UCM -> Shaltari -> Scourge. Thanks to the starter kit there was a moment when they managed to climb over the hedgehogs and reach third place while the UCM took first, but that time is past now.

Found the furfag's old Angelfire. Check out some of this autism.

archive.is/43PE7
archive.is/4K6AL
archive.is/y8LIv

I've found little else notable. One possible IRL name, but the link is tenuous at best.

Posted last thread but here's a better picture of muh Daemon.
I've got to build 5 cruisers tonight, filling in the gaps on those things is really annoying.

that came out looking pretty good!

Nice work, user

Looking pretty awesome, dude! Are you going to paint the PD beamers on its back?

Thanks.
Which ones have I missed? Maybe i'm blind but I though I'd got all of them.

>Plushmaster
Holy fuck, this is hilarious

Unless my eyes are failing me, all those rows of beads on its segments are also PD beamers like on its head.

They just don't show up well in photos but I've actually done them. Might have to go over them again but I've tried about 3 times now.

Did you do them in the same orange? No matter how hard I squint, I can only see them as metal.

Yea, I'm definitely going to have to brighten them up a bit.

Eh, we don't really need the irl name. We need to keep a solid moral high ground so we can scoff and ridicule him as hard as possible. And it's not like we've got any shortage of material from his online presence alone.

Now I want to know what a gravity scammer would be.

We don't want or need his IRL name. Once his IRL name is revealed, then RL shit starts happening and the law can actually be involved.

I did what I came here to do which was to knock Khell down a few pegs.

I hope he is getting help and I hope he continues to get help. But I doubt he is or will. He says he's been 'over' this for 'years' but he has things on his inkbunny profile that he's favorited within the last eight months. So his profile has not been 'dead' for 'years'.

I don't think he's ever done anything IRL to kids or ever plans on it. If I thought he had or would, I wouldn't have flippantly posted it to KS.

I'm not going to respond to him or anyone in the KS comments. Like I said I did what I came to do. If my comment gets deleted, so be it, I'm not going to repost it.

And like a revenant having done its duty, this is the last you'll hear from me.

user HOW DARE YOU POST SUCH A LEWD SHOT WITHIN THAT PIC.

>thought I might as well continue working on my dfc homebrew faction
>played Homeworld to get some inspiration
>it worked too well and I now have 3 completely different homebrew factions to finish
Fuck.

Sphere bless your heart user

That was from my private collection, I have no idea how it ended up in the collage.

Man, if you'd built that as a Dragon then everyone would think it's name was a typo.

Thats a good sign. Would be a shame to only have PHR mirror matches.

Oh sweet Jesus he is some kind of walking internet tabletop community cliche. Furry who plays clans in Battletech and Space Wolves in 40k. If this was green text story I would believe it was made up.

That looks fucking great. Something that is bothering me though is how Scourge ships move. Are they all organic and it moves by farts...? Or is it biomechanical?

I think they're basically mechanical but with lots of living hostless scourge mushed into pipes throughout the ship

Nah, they're fully artificial (with the exception of the gestalt mass of melded pure scourge that make up the ship's CIC), they are just actuated to make use of their gravity manipulators; they all have normal sublight thrusters.

I swear the PHR Dreadnaught had better be a vertical bananaship. I'd lose my mind.

>DAGON
I like it. Lovecraftian-sounding names for Scourge Battleships is a definite yes.

To clarify, there actually is a sorta standard-ish bridge, but the massive pure scourge are there to basically be the "soul" of the ship. There's a captain, but it's made clear that he's still technically subservient to the gestalt consciousness of the pure scourge.

Yeah, the best way to think about it is as the melded Scourge being the equivalent of a Titan's MIU for a Princeps.

MIU and machine spirit*

So, anyone figure out why Scourge ships don't ever withdraw from combat, even when vastly outgunned... nor are there known builders' yards in Cradle World space?

>So, anyone figure out why Scourge ships don't ever withdraw from combat,
The ship spirits are far too ANGRY and full of RAGE to run away from filthy host races.

As for why no new battleships are being built, it's possible they don't fit with current Scourge doctrine somehow. Because Scourge seem to bond permanently with their vehicles, there is probably a huge reluctance to throw out obsolete designs as that's murder. I bet they are simply fighting until they expire, which is taking thousands of years because they're fucking battleships that only do cheap alpha strikes.

The Scourge fleet is most often used for ferocious surprise attacks using overwhelming force, so that's what their crews are trained for. Retreat isn't all that useful in a big alpha strike.
They have absolutely no fucking idea what they're doing when it comes to defensive action in space, most likely because resistance factions don't generally have particularly big fleets. It's no coincidence that the Scourge fleet's big successes have all involved hitting the UCM in its own territory, either at reconquested cradle systems or the colonies themselves.

They probably don't start building fleets until they find a new place to invade, or at least until resistance groups have largely been stamped out. Otherwise it's a waste of resources to maintain ships that don't do anything when there's actual conflict still happening on the ground.

scourge combat doctrine is to win or die, there are no other alternatives, even their dropships are a one way ticket, they cant get back to the strike carrier once launched.

Quick, guesses as to what the UCM, PHR, and Shaltari corvettes will look like?

PHR: a e s t h e t i c megabomber with curves. Probably a nod towards stealth tech in surface detail, like hexagons
UCM: giant terrestial elongated fighter jet with hueg engines and missile clusters
Shaltari: Some gribbly nonesense

Dave mentioned the Glass as being tiny even next to other corvettes, so it's probably not going to be much more than a spiky ion cannon with a tiny command module towards the back.
Spined for her pleasure

I for one, hope the UCM one is a bigass space/atmos B-1 bomber with swing wings.

>had an escapist account
FUCK, that's where I knew the name from! I knew I'd heard it somewhere before.

Which is the most braindead bumrush faction for DFC?

I played a lot of orks in BFG. I want some chunky ass destruction

Sure you would, primitive.

Scourge probably, though both Shaltari and UCM could do with CA frigate spam. Latter is overall better fit, Shaltari being more focused on sniping.

So I think UCM wins overall in general orkiness with its shooty aesthetics.

Scourge baby Scourge
Every ship threatens to deliver massive damage to your opponent's ships, particularly at close range. You can run silent and line up jousting ambushes, or you can bumrush like a madman and hope to incinerate their ships faster than they can kill yours.

Scourge are made for getting close and making sure casualties are high, usually on both sides. On the other hand they often need to be sneaky in order to not die, and that's not very orky.

PHR don't get great CA weapons for the most part, but they do like getting stuck in. Broadsides work best when you're between multiple enemy ships and they bring in the big damage. Their ships are tough as nails, too.

UCM play quite differently depending on who you fight. Against Shaltari or other UCM charging your ships directly at the other ships can be a decent strategy, but against Scourge it becomes very risky. Taipeis are good, but they work best going silent running on approach rather than full thrust in my experience.

Shaltari are pansies.

Speaking of corvettes, how are people plannong to run them? In a battle group of their own? In large groups? Singular units? Going to atmo asap or keeping them back at the start?

I am going to put them with a carrier troopship group. It will have a large rating, but I really I would use them last to target strong points I want to break.

Their own combat group of rating 3.

This. Last-first activation's mean dead dropships.

I hope they follow the aesthetic of the Athena from DZC for the PHR corvettes. I love the way that thing looks, and something similar would work for DFC.

Also, had about a 30 minute window yesterday for basecoating outside, so hooray I can finally do some test painting on my UCM frigates - which feel so dainty compared to the brick shithouses that are Europa's, as an aside.

New sector doodads.

...Now THAT is a big gun.

It looks like the same design as a burn through laser. I'm not sure how hot I am on atmos based laser weapons. I mean I know DropX Commander isn't exactly a hard sci-fi universe, but still...

Almost too big.

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID

Well, the ground based ones theoretically have a whole planets worth of energy supply to use, whereas the ship mounted models only have their own vessels reactors to power them.
Plus, I'm not entirely sure, visual similarities aside, that the Ground Laser is in the same scale as the ship based BTLs. It could actually be a full order of magnitude larger.
I guess it depends on how big you think those buildings around it are.

I'm not worried about the size scale, it's more the energy loss to the nearby surrounding area. I mean you'd probably cook everything within five miles of the facility with the tremendous amount of heat generated by the absorption and scattering of the laser in air.

People don't realize the cobra laser on a Berlin is the size of the Empire State Building.

Throw enough energy into it and you can brute force your way through diffraction

That honestly sounds appropriate as a BTL if, it can actually hit the right ground target, can do the equivalent damage of a strategic nuclear strike on a sector

I don't think that's quite true, it seems closer to 300m than 400. But either way it gives a good perspective on the scale of DFC.

I ballparked the shit out of it, that sounds about right.

In other news the defense laser in DZC would be about the size of a full grown manlet

>Throw enough energy into it and you can brute force your way through diffraction
pretty much, you'd waste a ton of energy creating the plasma channel the rest of the beam will travel through, but I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of the energy that's left...

Aren't those defence lasers the same things that give UCM ships their PD? The things that cruisers get 40 of?

The ship PDCs are identical to the Dropzone Aegis Defense Laser terrain piece, which is just a bit smaller than a city block. This orbital laser looks to have a footprint of at least four city blocks.

The little baby defense lasers are the dots on strike carriers and cruisers that you see by the dozens
In DZC they're about 6cm tall and about the size of a big house in game.

That gigantic vertical BTL with buildings in scale with it is the primary weapon of the Berlin class cruiser and is around 300m tall.

In DZC 1/160 scale it's 1.875m tall.

I would love hawk to make one in scale for DZC and bring it to cons, would make an amazing table.

>aegis is 6cm tall

Sorry they're about 10cm if the gun is pointing straight up.

So, how what's the diameter for these things again?
I'm going to be making some nice wooden bases and clusters over crimbo break, since I'll have little else to do and Hawk's plastic bases and cardboard accessories are meh, and it'll be nice to eventually be able to replace colored tokens with these nice sectors.

They should be designed to fit squarely within the existing Cluster sectors. The same diameter as the current cardboard tokens, then.

Yep, update 28 says they're 20mm in diameter

>looking for UCM and PHR DZC stuff to supplement my DFC fleets
>Ebay is sparse or overpriced, Bartertown as well
>But I can get a scourge resin starter for $25 shipped, NIB

So...scourge not too terribly popular in DZC, or what?

Only thing I'm not super keen on is Shaltari, desu senpai.
I liked PHR most at first, but then got a starter set and UCM and Scourge have really grown on me. Maybe I just need to see the Shaltari in physical.

This is what I've noticed most often, for both DZC and DFC

>people almost universally love the PHR at first sight
>people think the UCM look pretty cool at first, often don't have much to say for or against them
>people either don't like or do like the Scourge at first, but often come around to them
>people either love or despise the Shaltari at first sight, and either love them more or hate them more (with very few reversals) as time goes on

It's kinda sad because those ships are growing on me after I already got an entire PHR armada. Granted I've got 4 cruisers and 12 frigates for them but still.

Scourge in DFC look so much better than in DZC and are fun as fuck.

I loved the shaltari gates as shown on the very first previews of DZC, but strangely don't care about DFC Shaltaris.

Since scourge were in the starter set they were easier to find and lots of people have models for them.

For a while they were a bit weak so i bet that also contributed to it.

I think on the whole Shaltari were probably the least popular until it was found they were very effective.

My beef with the Shaltari in DFC is purely from the standpoint of "no way in fuck am I painting 400 little blue dots on every cruiser Dave you (brilliant) autist."

In general, everything in DFC looks better than DZC, with the exception of the newer sculpts in phase 1 and 2.
Dave has, what, 5+ years of CAD experience working with the game's aesthetic until he did the DFC ships, yeah?

Pretty much. I tested this with my normie friends by showing them DZC PHR compared to DFC PHR and the difference is striking.

>mfw she didn't like type 2's

You did the right thing user.

>tfw Dave will never do a DZC 2.0 release with all the models up until then remastered

>inb4 52mm skirmish version

>drop squad commander: never

>kinda tempted to stat everyone's core infantry in Infinity

>Hawk will probably do it entirely in house, if ever, because of how much of a shitshow the KS ended up being

They're mechanical but they are modelled after organic stuff, presumably because the Scourge are parasitic and having something resembling a living host is comforting.

UCM legionnaire: 4-4 BS 11 WS 10 PHY 11 WIP 12 ARM 2, BTS 0 rifle. Cheap, plentiful, solid. Options for missile launcher, flak gun (autocannons)or light mortar(heavy grenade launcher)

Praetorian BS 14 WS 21 PHY 13 WIP 14 ARM 1, BTS 0, Martial arts lvl ?, SMGs and CCWs. can choose either Linkteam + Mech deployment, Camo/infiltrate or mimetism aerial deployment.

Immortals: BS: 13 WS:12 PHY 14 WIP 13 ARM 3 BTS -3, NWI. Combi rifles with option for K1 sniper rifles. Pricey for line infantry.

Sirens: BS 15 WS 23 PHY 13 WIP 15 ARM 0 BTS -6 W1 NWI shock immunity, martial arts lvl 5, hyper dynamics lvl 3. Can choose either impersonator Lvl 1 or infiltration+. Dual contenders, DA CCWs.