/HHG/ The Horus Heresy General

Rolled 17 (1d18)

Saboteur Edition
I don't have the heart to let you all die in the Inferno as you should Sub edition

One of the ravens contributed and Fulgrim comissioned a "pale spear" for nefarious purposes. We talked about relics, but it devolved into shitposting. All and more in the old thread , but don't bother.

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp
>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC
>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Other new links
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww98.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fe6VFn2St%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww116.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fd2D2z8mF%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww110.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2F1USI8Urn%2Ffile.html
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!LoBA0bqS
www98.zippyshare.com/v/e6VFn2St/file.html

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=a1IC7K_AJ9k
youtube.com/watch?v=I9py90Ve4g0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Iron Within! Iron Without!

>Rolled 17 (1d18)
Well met, Raven Brothers. Honour to you, sorry about us trenchheads not understanding your sneaking tactics.

mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

THIRD FOR GLORIOUS CUSTODES

I choose without

You warm my beakie heart.

It's a curious angle, it makes it look like he has no hips.
The SoH used the DG as an anvil while they were a teleporting spearhead
The IWs can use be tha anvil while the WEs are their chainaxe, their forward element.

I wonder who were the RG's anvil to their alternate-deployment furious hammer, especially after the Gate 42 since Corax swore he'd never serve alongside the SoHs and IWs again.
Even though that's bullshit, they're both Fellow Warriors, but you get the idea. Maybe the Wolves?
youtube.com/watch?v=a1IC7K_AJ9k

its 3rd ed art despite its problems i like it

Corax/Russ confirmed?

Salamanders and Iron Hands post Massacre. Might have been more Meduson tactics though. Some loyalist IW later on, but by then it was more blend them into squads and fight the RG way.

In the books RG and Wolves dont have a good relationship. A Watch Pack was sent to Deliverance but fell to the Wulfen and the 2nd Gen Raptors murder-I MEAN FOUND THE WATCH PACK MYSTERIOUSLY DEAD.

>Watch packs
Nobody ever likes them, user, but it was Russ who broke the fight between Corax and Perturabo.
I wonder about those early-mid Crusade ages, where the Exemplary battles are set. I like them the most.

Well you did get dubs, and doesn't Corax save Russ at the Wolf Cull or something?

Legions are not singular entities. The Raven Guard used whatever contrasting forces they were operating alongside, whether that be Imperial Fists, Death Guard, Salamanders, or heavy armor Imperial Militia.

What even happened to the Watch Pack sent to meet up with Lion?

Not sure, but as pointed out Russ was the one to break up birb's fight with Pert. Pretty uncharacteristic of him.

Actually, now that I think of it from a philosophical aspect, I can see native Raven Guard and Death Guard getting along. Both broke free from tyrannical overlords on their home world and I can certainly see some Raven Guard leaning more towards the "strength through endurance" belief. Or Death Guard taking up the, "Never in chains again" belief.

> all the shadows start emitting phosphex

In one of the horus heresy books (I can't remember which, it's the one where angron gets himself buried under a load of rubble while the warhound titan does a decent job of murdering lorgar until angron pulls a diglet and fucks its shit up) a warhound is described as having a series of chin mounted bolters, though I can't remember if they were normal or heavy.

I think that's practical and would look cool, so I want to - for purely modelling purposes - put some underneath the cockpit on mine. My question is what type of bolter and how many do you think would be right.

Corax, you fucking whore.

They should change it to be "iron outside" as in, "iron outside the palace walls and never ever getting in."

The few remaining Salamanders is likely. Iron Hands are less likely, as they were still bitter and lumped some of the blame of Ferrus' death on the Raven Guard and Salamanders (even though Vulkan went missing and Corax barely escaped).

So Haar, The Riven Hound can be taken in any loyalist army but he doesn't have rules about treating him as an ally and I dont see anything in the base 30k rules about different LA rules counting as different 'factions'. So am I correct in thinking he can embark in transports from the detachment he's in? Unlike Knight Errants that count as Agents of the Emperor.

All this shattered legions talk gets me thinking:

Do I want to start a shattered legions army using Meduson, Jurr, and Maun for maximum 'Pretty models" or wait til Feb and start 1ksons?

>Imperial Fags are this delusional
Iron Warriors breached the walls of the Imperial Palace. Get over it.

I'm painting red and gold marines, I'll decide later if they're BA or TS.

The largest contingent of Raven Guard are with Corax, who were operating almost solely alongside Imperial Army forces.

Thats sounds like Pale Nomads Modus Operandi

Depends. You can do pretty much anything with an SL army, but IIRC aren't they "your opponent must agree", and you might get sick of them for their relative lack of uniformity. Plus don't they have rules where you can only embark models onto a vehicle of the legion they're from?

But with one legion you'll be tempted to paint models of other legions, without having any use for them, or if you do play multiple legions, that exponentially increases the budget and work you have to put in for a fraction of the completeness that you get from having just one legion for all your dudes.

I just got a shadow-boner

Yup, corax saved him, then decided to an hero in battle along with the mutant raptors. Then he decided it was a stupid idea and left.

Yeah, the RG operated mostly alone for the rest of the heresy, their tactics went full guerilla and on a smaller scale.

They also took in loyalist from other legions to join their cause. There's a neat story about a RG and a NL operating operationally together

Daily reminder that you poked the bear

>your opponent must agree
The people I play against are for rule of cool. If anything I think it would be a fun army to paint and collect. Plus its not like im going to us RG apoths to infiltrate graviton gun support squads everywhere. I'm a "My dudes story" kind of player.

>you might get sick of them for their relative lack of uniformity.
Nah I love Ad Hoc formations. My current RG is themed as one big one.

>Plus don't they have rules where you can only embark models onto a vehicle of the legion they're from?
I think they do, but in a roundabout way. They treat each other as allies, and in 30k you cant embark in allied transports no matter what. Which, especially in SL, is stupid.

>But with one legion you'll be tempted to paint models of other legions, without having any use for them, or if you do play multiple legions, that exponentially increases the budget and work you have to put in for a fraction of the completeness that you get from having just one legion for all your dudes.

My RG are complete minus a Thunderhawk that I'm going to kit-bash to 'top off' the collection. 10k points of beakies is plenty ha.

I love the pyroclast and IH models/upgrades so I want to collect them. SL gives me that avenue.

But I can see a 1kson army in my head and it's really pretty.

>AdMech in charge of building designs

>*not even the inner sanctum of the Palace with the aid of 4 more legions than the defenders, countless daemons, and Big E going full retard against the advice of his most loyal son

lmao I can see why IW are so touchy and bitter when the two largest battles they fought in end with "evidently they were not Iron enough to actually finish the job".

Oh, so you're well-established then!
I thought you were coming from the perspective of starting a main force.

I'd say go for the 1KS definitely. You sound driven for it and attracted by the concept more definitely than by the shattered legions, which you'd be able to make on an ad-hoc basis depending on whichever other legion's units you wanted to make at any given moment.

Plus you might be able to incorporate the 1KS into your shattered legion in future. [spoiler/]Knowledge is power, fater all.

How well do the Dark Talon's hurricane bolters fit under a Warhound's chin?

Why is Corax such a slut?

Bronze Civilians on suicide watch.

:^)
You did save it.

>wolfandraven
Sorry, did I hear Pale Nomads and Luna Wolves?

>What even happened to the Watch Pack sent to meet up with Lion?

Videopict reconstruction of post incident [REDACTED] regarding the whereabouts of Watch Pack #[Null entry]:
youtube.com/watch?v=I9py90Ve4g0
[The Lion]: Now, let's go over it again, just so we got it straight: no Watch Pack ever came.
[Zahariel]: Nope. Just a lot of guns. And bits, little bits. Chainaxes.
[The Lion]: What happened to the Jarl?
[Nemiel]: Well, we lost him when a flaming Stormbird come down on him...
*Cypher hits him with his parasol*
[Nemiel]: Uh, missing.
[The Lion]: Thaaat's right. And the Wolf Priest?
[Zahariel]: Nervous breakdown. You could say he went all to pieces.
[Nemiel]: In fact, you could say he was transmogrified and then busted into a zillion...*ahem* he's missing too.
[The Lion]: What about champion?
[Corswain]: Went down with the ship.
*Luther starts burying himself in suspicious scrolls*
[Zahariel]: Oh Emperor, give me strenght.
[The Lion]: I'm going to miss that boy. At least he's in a better place now.

Hey, you're right too. Turns out the Ravens went from wolf to wolf.

To be fair, the entire siege plan hinged on combined arms warfare with the World Eaters at the vanguard. Once most of the traitors decided to party somewhere else, the siege devolved into a shit-flinging contest where Big E is busy applying super glue to the Webway, Horus is counting the days until Guilliman arrives to rape him in the ass with the angriest mob of Smurfs the multiverse has ever seen, and Dorn is just smoking cuban cigars on the palace walls and occasionally taking a golden piss all over dead IW bodies from 50 stories high.

Should the traitor Primarchs really have the Adamantium Will USR?
Seems to me that their wills were actually pretty weak and they readily got broken.

Come on, user, don't you want them to scream the witchery away? Especially Mortarion.
Daemon Primarchs Angron and Mortarion were turned against their will, and Mortarion by Nurgle himself. No Deny the Witch would help you on that one.

>Turns out the Ravens went from wolf to wolf.
They weren't really ravens the first time. More like those quite XIX guys that rubbed dirt on their face and was really good at murder.

Mortarion rolled 6s for like half a century and then said fuck it.

>Turns out the Ravens went from wolf to wolf.

T-that doesn't mean the Ravenlord was a whore or anything.

Y-you don't know C-corax, idiot!

That's a really good question. Unfortunately I couldn't find my dark talon (or my blutack) so I grabbed my corvus instead, I'm not so sure what to think. Here's an awkward picture, really would like my blutack back.

You'd have to be fucking insane to think that the Dark Angels would tolerate Space Wolf babysitters. Even if you buy into the narrative that DA were completely loyal, they'd kill the wolves on principle.

Maybe this is what Phosphex bombs look like...
No, Iron within. Within you. Because we shot you to hell :^)
Isn't the Inner Sanctum basically a Zones Mortalis several kilometers deep? You simply can't ride the ironfire there, user.
So, Xerics marines joined the Luna Wolves, but when those wolves stopped caring about Wolfhood, the fully grown Ravens vowed to never be like they used to be...and followed the new Space Wolves, essentially getting a new husbando legion just like their ex that they totally are over with, for realsies this time? Gotcha :^)
Your words, not mine :^)

I thought it wasn't that bad of a feud.

Why did the Space Wolves seem to only go babysit the loyal legions?

>went from a loving an accepting wolf to a wolf that's a drunk and is hiding behind an act

They were too scared of the real Wolves :^)

Corvus

Is

A

Slut

>Upside down phone takes upside down picture in the land down under.
Australiaception. Good one m8

Its not, but this is the only way to hype up the feud. Events prior to the latest Woof book had the Dark Angels about to exterminatus the Space Wolves into a renegade space-based fleet chapter, then the next one the darkies conveniently fuck off and the Woofies live to fight another die.

how's this list for a 2500 crimson path:

HQ
Kharn the Bloody, Gorechild 190
Gahlan Surlak 110
Damocles Command Rhino 100

Elites
-Apothecarion Detachment (2 with AA) 110
-8 Marksmen Vets, Sgt with AA/Fist, Rhino with Multimelta, 223 pts
-8 Marksmen Vets, Sgt with AA/Fist, Rhino with Multimelta, 223 pts
-5 Red Butchers, Devoured with 2 Chainfists, 295 pts

Troops
-10 Legion Inductii, Sgt with AA/Fist, 150 pts
-10 Legion Inductii, Sgt with AA/Fist, 150 pts

Heavy Support
-3 Jetbike Sky Slayers, Multimeltas, 165 pts
-Deredeo with Autocannons/Aiolos Missiles, 220 pts

LoW
-Stormlord, Space Marine Crew, 1 x Sponsons, 555 pts

2491/2500

will Armored Ceramite fuck me?

>with upsidedown chin bolters.
we must go deeper

We go full Emu

>Be XVI Legion
>Go to Luna to pacify gene cults
>Do so in a decisive strike
>Gene cults beg the emperor to call off his WOLVES
>Be the first Legion to get an official name and not have it changed by your Primarch
>Win first battle of the Great Crusade

Being a Luna Wolf is Awesome

Fill in the text bubbles with HH related text just like the Goofy and Micky comic.

I did read it but I don't know. Tell me your plan, what goes inside the Damocles?

On an unrelated note, does anybody know what to put inside a LR Proteus with Explorator Augury?

Takes one to know one I guess.

Because the traitor legions didn't waste any time putting down docile dogs.

Outside the chainfists there seems to be no way you can crack a pimped spartan. Any plans for that ?

>Being a Luna Wolf is Awesome
Horus was the best of them, which made his fall all the more painful.

>Iron within.
>Iron without.

>3v8 still can't win lmao

>Traitors out.

What did each legion do on the Siege, Satan trips?

I remember the SoH, IW and DG were actually doing the siege while the EC were busy making Soylent Drugs, and the only thing I know about the WS is they captured one of the spaceports.

>Be Luna Wolves
>When people talk about the Wolves you know they mean the Space Wolves and not you.
>Change your name to the Sons of Horus because you can't compete in Wolfishness so you ride on the coattails of your primarch who is only renowned because he happened to be found first
>Even he fails so change your name again to Black Legion out of shame

Thousand Sons were also there last time I checked, having a good time chucking spells at loyalists. But no doubt that'll change with the inevitable retconns

Thanks, Satan.
I'm too tired. I don't get it.

>What did each legion do on the Siege

Fists held the walls.
Angels held the gates.
Scars reaved outside.

Traitors tried and traitors died.

>who is only renowned because he happened to be found first
Dude, everybody liked him, except maybe Corax, and he was First among equals, you heard what both Sanguinius and Russ commented about him.
I mean, even Perturabo and Mortarion like him, and those guys like no one.

I recall hearing somewhere that even Kurze and Angron talked to him about issues. Pre-Heresy Horus was a bro to all, human and post-human alike

Watchpack fates, if I remember correctly
>Blood Angels
They were on Signus for a while but ultimately had to split.
>Alpha Legion
Oh how terrible, they seem to have crashed their Thunderhawk with no survivors.
>Raven Guard
Tragically, reported killed in action by the Raptors...if you know what I mean.
>Imperial Fists
Standing on a wall somewhere on Terra.
>Ultramarines
Maintaining a dignified sentry position on the floor outside of Guilliman's office.
>Night Lords
Lasted about 14 seconds. The NL sent the one they left alive to Sol for shits and giggles.

For how big Space Wolves talk themselves up the get shit on pretty hard in the lore.

They're basically Mortarion the legion. Except they can brush off any attempts at diginity theft and keep their diginity.

>Mortarion the legion. Except they can brush off any attempts at diginity theft and keep their diginity.
Don't bully the reaper :(

Knowing Mortarion he probably considers getting shit on a compliment.

>>Night Lords
>Lasted about 14 seconds. The NL sent the one they left alive to Sol for shits and giggles.
Kek where can I read about this?

Mortarion knows I'm not trying to bully him, and he knows I don't fear him. He'll probably just try drinking himself to death. Maybe I'm letting my headcanon of Morty having some meta awareness about how BL treats go too far.

SWs have a lot more bark than their bite. For all their reputation as fearsome vikings, they embody the drinking aspect the most: willing to pick a fight with anyone, but that doesn't mean they can follow through on the ass-kicking they envisioned 5 kegs ago.

The Watcher. It was an audio a few years back, dunno if it's been turned into text yet. Also features that Thousand Son Knight Errant that appears to randomly exist.

>Audio
Eww. I'll see if I cant find it but only because that sounds hilarious.

>Half of the Knights Errant are already dead
Hope we get to see the others do something neat before the end. Other than Garro, obv he has some baller fate lined up for him.

The Damocles rides by itself, I wanted it for the orbital bombardment and the +1 to reserve rolls so I can outflank with the sniper vets and jetbikes on turn 2

pimped out chainfists would be a problem, coming up from behind or the sides with jetbikes and the rhinos with multimeltas flanking. that and the two lascannons on the stormlord but yeah if a guy brings multiple flare shielded spartans I'm probably fucked.

>Thousand Son Knight Errant that appears to randomly exist.
You mean Revuel Arvida or is there another?

Probably going to have him either die to Horus or drag the emperor back with down and stand guard over the throne.

and by chainfists I totally meant spartans

Have an unbuilt venerable boxnaught lying around.

What's a good use of it, feeling free to factor in options that aren't contained in the box (ie: Forge World weapon arms)? And if you think magnetisation is worth it, do you have a link to a guide for the method you prefer? There's so many and it's hard to tell what are quick-and-easy methods versus the maximum-utility methods.

Aesthetically I'm interested in the Plasma Cannon, but I'm open to any tactical usage with any loadout.

flamestorm, chainfist with melta in a pod. no matter who you face there's something it can do.

More specifically, the ones with the Blood Angels suffered an unfortunate case of being in the way of Nassir Amit.

Delusional much, Imperial Farts fanbois?

pic related is the original WD source material to educate you about your palace walls, your terran fortress monastery, all of dorn's former claims about siegecraft and your asses getting rekt during the siege of terra by Perturabo and the Iron Warriors legion (a.k.a.: superior 2u), compiled and highlighted for even you to understand. If you need further help with words or how to get their meaning from letters, don't be afraid to ask.

He look Veeky Forums
Im an engineer, that means I solve problems
But I got a problem I cant fix, I cant pick a darn legion

>Managed to get into the palace
>Still lost
Makes you wonder why IWs even bother.

wait what?
I thought perty didnt make it to Terra
or is this another BL retcon?

Wait so did they set up artillery inside the monastery and then shell themselves?

Loyalist IW

EC.

>original WD source material
Oh user, don't you know that BL will probably have plans written up to retcon that by now?

But, joking aside, one of the core moments of the siege in Sanguinius holding the Eternity Gate, which is really deep in the palace (being the door to the throne room and all). For the traitors to get that deep, they must have got past the walls.

Do you want a legion that's into engineering? Iron Warriors/Imperial Fists and Iron Hands would be the classic choices, for civil and mechanical engineering respectively. Salamanders could also be a possibility if you consider metallurgy to be engineering. But I'd say the Hands are the most engineer-y of the legions overall.