Ark just got hacked

Lmfao at Ark shillers in here

BTFO and lost all their coins

And it’s not even a proper hack. One of the devs uploaded his private key to drop box and it got stolen.

BYE BUE ARKIES. Enjoy the stuttering pothead excuses because your coin isn’t recovering

Other urls found in this thread:

classicdelegate.biz/faucet
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>devs
People running delegate nodes aren't members of the Ark team. Also no one's Ark was stolen, just pending payouts for that one delegate

>devs

This was the equivalent of magnet getting hacked. The delegate is already gone, it's literally nothing.

The delegate that got hacked isn't a dev. Have a (you) though.

Ok retard

I wouldn’t mind if it was wow gold or something but u Ark cunts shill this scam every fucking day
People are being conned by faggots like you and now the wokaks are coming
Fuck off trash Arkie shit

Once those MILLIONS of Ark get dumped for BTC we will see who is right
Screen cap it scammer

Less than 400 ARK was stolen.

stay anal anguished fag

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
IT'S OVER
DUMP YOUR ARK
IT WAS A FUCKING PAJEET SCAM FROM THE BEGINNING AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH*breaths in*AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ARK Roasties on Suicide Watch

babe reply if you need to sell your milkerz to make your money back

you do know the delegate is already out of the top 51?
you do know the only thing lost was his daily profit right?

fuck off.

>tfw you try to FUD but get BTFO instead

Now you know why DPoS sucks.
Ethereum is going to have the only decentralized PoS.

>Now you know why DPoS sucks.

You mean why it's great, right? He was voted out within hours and less than 400 ARK was stolen.

Ack

So what happens when most of delegates gets hacked, bribed or just collude on their own? There are only 51 and their identities are known publicly.
You do know that in DPoS there's no way to unseat delegates if majority of them don't agree to changes?

DPoS only works as long as nobody is interested in attacking you and most delegates play straight.

How much Ark you holding? Serious question.

>DPOS sucks

How so? The users have the power to vote incompetent or corrupt delegates out of office, and they do so. Looks to me like the system was working as intended.

You can vote for people outside of the 51 u fucking retard

>So what happens when most of delegates gets hacked, bribed or just collude on their own?
They get replaced.

>There are only 51 and their identities are known publicly.
This is a good thing.

>You do know that in DPoS there's no way to unseat delegates if majority of them don't agree to changes?
Go read up on how DPoS works, you'll see why what you said makes no sense.

Compare 51 to the 4-5 major btc mining pools?

DPoS is more democratic than PoW.

>So what happens when most of delegates gets hacked, bribed or just collude on their own?

The users withdraw their votes and the delegate loses his position and the ability to forge.

>You do know that in DPoS there's no way to unseat delegates if majority of them don't agree to changes?
see above

You can't vote delegates out if a majority of them doesn't agree, because voting happens on the blockchain, and they are the ones that make blocks. There's no way to force them to include votes that they don't agree with.

This is the problem LISK has. ARK doesn't.

This also applies to every crypto in existence, it's called a 51% attack. BTC is more susceptible because a few pools make up 51%. The only solution regardless of which crypto is a hardfork.

Every DPoS crypto has this problem. Explain how do you think ARK doesn't.

>This also applies to every crypto in existence, it's called a 51% attack.

No it's not because it's not an attack by 51% of the stake. It's an attack by 51% of the delegates which doesn't have to own any significant stake.

I meant that LISK *actively* has this problem. What you are describing literally happens on LISK and the devs don't seem to care that 2 cartels own all the delegates.

It IS a attack by 51% of the stake. 51% of the votes have voted in those delegates. The same way 2-3 mining pools can attack BTC because their miners all contributed and decided to give them their hashpower. It's the same exact thing.

Poor biz_classic, I will miss his faucets. Always rigged and gave me the lowest rolls.

I have 5 ARK, can't wait until it is $2000 per coin.

>I meant that LISK *actively* has this problem.

So just because it didn't yet happen magically makes ark immune?

>devs don't seem to care that 2 cartels own all the delegates

The only thing they can do is force a fork, but then the situation can repeat, then what? This is a problem inherent to DPoS.

>It IS a attack by 51% of the stake. 51% of the votes have voted in those delegates.

It's the difference between 51% of people voting to start a war and 51% of people voting for a government that later starts a war, contrary to people's wishes and election promises.

The latter is much more likely to happen than the former, don't you think?

I just got 0.12144735 ARK from a roll, which cover my transaction fee for the month :^)

>So just because it didn't yet happen magically makes ark immune?
You can only vote for one delegate at a time with Ark so cartels are much harder to form. With Lisk, you can vote for all top 101 delegates at the same time and the cartels secure their position by requiring new voters to vote for all their nodes or the voter won't get paid. The delegate landscape is much more competitive in Ark and those kinds of cartel are nearly impossible to create.

As chang mentioned here , it can't happen in ARK because you can't vote for 26 delegates with one wallet. Whoever suggested that be possible for LISK is a moron. ARK does not have that issue.

And no, mining is not different. It's not 51% of the people voting, the pool controls what the hashpower does and what goes into the block. Individual miners do not - it is actually EXACTLY the same. BOTH cases are 51% voting for a government that starts the war.

>$2000 per coin
Please please please please

>You can only vote for one delegate at a time with Ark so cartels are much harder to form.

You are describing something different, vote buying. I wrote about *preventing* votes that delegates don't like. How do you switch to new delegates if old ones never include them in blocks? Switching delegates happens only after voting.

Miners are free to leave pools.

>Miners are free to leave pools.
Voters are free to switch just like miners. See below as to why. With ARK you require 26 colluders vs BTC's 4. It's scary but BTC is more susceptible to this attack than ARK. However, your point isn't entirely valid anyway, see below.

>How do you switch to new delegates if old ones never include them in blocks? Switching delegates happens only after voting. You'd need almost all delegates to collude to stop vote switching. The reason that you can still switch votes unless all delegates stop votes (like in LISK because it's two groups controlling it) is because the 26 delegates would be on their own fork, and the other 25 would end up on their fork with 26 new delegates. Then the attack fails because it is no longer the largest chain and they're mining on a separate chain.

Unless you control all delegates, you cannot stop votes. I forgot that the network would fork itself and the old chain would only have 26 delegates and fail because it would be the smallest fork. No code changes would be required - if at least 1 delegate is processing vote switches and the legitimate voters all switch over to new people, the network will adjust, just like it would if BTC was attacked.

>representative republic sucks

fucked up my formatting but you get the point.

holy shit thank god I didnt join biz_classic. fucking scammer

The "reconnico" delegate got hacked and had ~400 ark stolen.

biz_classic and biz_private are fine. The OP is just fudding us for shits and giggles.

It wasn't even biz_classic that got hacked. What do you mean?

Uncle Chang and Moon Man fucked his ass and didn't pay him, hence they are scammers.

wat

If Ark forked like this, what would happen to its sidechains (assuming their deployable at this point)?

Does your mom still eat human shit out of toilets?

Same as any other coin, the temporary state of the blockchain would be fucked and untrustworthy. But ARK is safer from a 51% than BTC lol

>Unless you control all delegates, you cannot stop votes.

Which isn't that hard. Imagine that a DPoS crypto is actually used for significant business purposes. The amount of power that lies in just 51 delegates would be enormous, and thus an incentive to take control.

>No code changes would be required - if at least 1 delegate is processing vote switches and the legitimate voters all switch over to new people

How does it work, actually getting 51% of stake to vote is not practical. So a small minority of ark owners can vote out of the blue and force a fork with just one delegate?

>>representative republic sucks
It actually does. There's a reason Switzerland is the most free country in the world - they are the most decentralized and close to direct democracy.

lmao people start to FUD a delegate how desperate do you need to be
>delegate reconnico fucked up
>already voted out of the top51
this just shows that DPoS works lmao

>Which isn't that hard. Imagine that a DPoS crypto is actually used for significant business purposes. The amount of power that lies in just 51 delegates would be enormous, and thus an incentive to take control.
This remains just as true for Bitcoin.

>How does it work, actually getting 51% of stake to vote is not practical. So a small minority of ark owners can vote out of the blue and force a fork with just one delegate?

Capturing one delegate would do nothing. The reason you can't kill the network with one delegate but can fix it is as follows:

One delegate ignoring votes means nothing as they will shift their chain and others will just take the vote. Twenty six delegates ignoring votes will fork the network if they ignore votes from the other twenty five. At this point, the 26 delegates have the "real" chain because majority, but when the other twenty five gain two delegates on their fork because they WILL have votes in their blocks. Once they have 27 delegates, they are majority again.

You can fix the network with just one honest delegate (it just takes longer than 25) because of this system without ever requiring a hardfork.

I thought ARK was a good hold til I saw that slack chat where they dont even know what the coin is supposed to be. I guarantee this thing will never amount to anything.

That said, I gonna keep holding and staking but the day this shit drops below $4 I'm out.

DPoS works as intended
hacked delegate got voted out almost immediately

noarkies btfo

> It was just a drill.

>This remains just as true for Bitcoin.

Maybe, but what about direct PoS that ethereum is planning? There's a reason it takes so long to design.

>Once they have 27 delegates, they are majority again.
>You can fix the network with just one honest delegate (it just takes longer than 25) because of this system without ever requiring a hardfork.

What does longer precisely means. How many days for 25 delegates and how many for 1? Even one-day reorg is completely unacceptable for any major crypto at this point - this would WRECK the exchanges - and it's going to be even less acceptable in the future.

Ack a thot! BEGON!

>Maybe, but what about direct PoS that ethereum is planning? There's a reason it takes so long to design.
Direct PoS would have the same problem with 51%, you'd just need 51% of the ETH. It's closer to the example of 51% of the currency voting to kill itself vs the government. DPoS is a middle ground solution that has certain advantages and disadvantages. We're not claiming it's perfect.

>What does longer precisely means. How many days for 25 delegates and how many for 1? Even one-day reorg is completely unacceptable for any major crypto at this point - this would WRECK the exchanges - and it's going to be even less acceptable in the future.

Absolutely, of course. But it's unreasonable to think that this would happen for the same reason as BTC - it would cost more to execute than what's to be gained. You would spend more destroying the network, to the point where it would only be done as a principle attack and not for financial gain.

Also BTC has had a ~12 hour reorg in the past, March 2013, when there was a bug that caused a massive fork. It survived, and it was bigger than ARK at the time.

You watch.

1600 GMT Cryptopia. Big orders will start there and filter to other exchanges.

classicdelegate.biz/faucet out of fund kek

Looks like someone hit jackpot
It refills once daily from biz_private forges