Warhammer 40k General

Awaken My Magnus edition

Last Thread
>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Older stuff in PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>As current as the FAQs get
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE CLOWNS):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

1st for RT marines in the 7th edition!

2nd for tabling a necron decurion with LEVIATHANS

How to fix Thousand Sons:

Thousand Sons detachment rules:
+1 Invuln
+1 Power Cast per turn
Channeling: Roll a D6 for each Tzeentch-marked unit at beginning of psychic phase, +1 WC for each 4+

Grand Coven rules:
When shooting at target hit by Witchfire or Malediction, have Preferred Enemy.
Reroll perils and failed psychic tests.
Add Warband as a core, add "renegade servants" as a non-formation auxiliary of 1-3 CSM, 0-1 Raptors/Bikers, 0-1 Havocs, 0-1 Terminators/Chosen

War Cabal rules:
Cast on 3+
Non-psykers reroll saving throws of a 1

Misc formation crap:
Consolidate Rehati, Ahriman's Exiles, and War Coven into 1 "bunch of psykers" formation
Maybe add a "Heretek Sorcerer + Vehicles and Daemon Engines" formation

Give Tzeentch's Firestorm AP:D6 (same as Strength D6) and Haywire, let it be cast as WC2 for Large Blast and WC3 for Large Blast Ignores Cover.

Didn't know it was new thread time already
Guys
>Q'Orl get an army
>Advance the fluff a bit, they're breathing down the empires neck
>As is the 13th clusterfuck
>Water caste goes to speak to a Q'Orl advance team
>Diplomat brings neat headsets for the Q'Orl so communication can happen
>Also comes in Queen size
>Q'Orl now a vassal race of Tau Empire
How fucked is the Imperium

>Proxying a standard pod as a lucius pod
No.

Yes...

There's no reason not to.. The Lucius pod is only SLIGHTLY larger and has less doors, while at the same time it's 5 times as expensive in terms of dollarydoos. Anyone who actually buys a lucius pod is a tool with no good sense in money.

Its a shame really that it falls into that overt category of stuff that gets nerd aggro because either

>you are a neckbeard who will drop fat dosh on anything to get by

or

>you obviously buy chink resinshit and need to be kicked back to chinkland where you belong

>Celestians confirmed still ass
>DCA can take dedicated immolator
>90pts for an elite slot Immolator

how can celestians be made not-shit?

Why do people like AdMech? They're the lamest army in the game, every single model looks exactly the same.

No matter the buffs and changes you make nothing changes that their unit are all over costed garbage pic related.

Thousand Sons as a concept, Sorcerers leading Rubrics, just isnt feasible. Psykers are only really worth it as buffing deathstars as all witchfires are useless in comparison to having a unit that will never die. Yet what deathstars do Chaos/TS have?

The less TS in a TS list the more competitive it becomes. I really dont know haw anything in this supplement compares to relentless havocs with shrouded lol.

This again...

It's getting stale now.

Death guard idea....

+ Core +

········Plague Colony
············Chaos Lord [Bolt Pistol, Close Combat Weapon, Mark of Nurgle, Melta bombs, Power Armour, Veterans of the Long War]
············Plague Marines [4x Plague Marine, Plasma Gun, Veterans of the Long War]
················Chaos Rhino [Havoc Launcher]
················Plague Champion [Bolt Pistol, Melta Bombs, Plague knife]
············Plague Marines [4x Plague Marine, Plasma Gun, Veterans of the Long War]
················Plague Champion [Bolt Pistol, Melta Bombs, Plague knife]
················Plague Champion [Bolt Pistol, Plague knife]

+ Command +

········Lord of the Legion
············Sorcerer [2x Additional Mastery Level, Blight grenades, Bolt Pistol, Force Axe, Gift of Mutation, Mark of Nurgle, Melta bombs, Palanquin of Nurgle, Power Armour, Sigil of corruption, Veterans of the Long War, Warlord]

+ Auxiliary +

········Cult of Destruction
············Obliterators [Mark of Nurgle, Obliterator, Veterans of the Long War]
············Obliterators [Mark of Nurgle, Obliterator, Veterans of the Long War]
············Warpsmith [Aura of dark glory, Bolt Pistol, Mark of Nurgle, Power Axe, Veterans of the Long War]
············Warpsmith [Aura of dark glory, Bolt Pistol, Mark of Nurgle, Power Axe, Veterans of the Long War]

You know, playing Stellaris has taught me two things...

The imperium is completely correct in their methods for dealing with Xenos. You can NEVER trust fucking aliens, they'll stab you in the back and burn your women, rape your water, and kill the cities. The only safe long-term solution for dealing with ayylmaos is to just purge everything and cleanse the galaxy of xenos life. Only then can your people truly be safe.

At the same time, the Tau Empire could actually pose a considerable threat to the Imperium if they continue turning everyone around them into Vassals. Seriously, nothing is more ridiculous than taking down larger empires through the nonsense of having 50~ fleets flying around, all with their individual agendas to destroy and burn everything in their path, while the larger victim empire can only destroy one fleet at a time in standup fights. And they can't even auto-win by just warping to the attacker's homeworld, BECAUSE THERE'S 50 FUCKING HOMEWORLDS TO DO THIS TO. And if they even try to, they get assfucked by the 50 vassals that are just burning everything. Until the vassals burn down enough worlds to prevent the larger empire from maintaining/rebuilding their own fleets, at which point they rapidly collapse from being attacked on all directions. And then the empire that owns all the vassals instantly replaces the larger empire, resulting in a clusterfuck of tiny wars and inductions of yet more vassals... Yet the end result is a vastly more powerful XBOXHUEG empire that can now snowball everything else.

Pic related, fully 40% of all the empires shown were my vassals. If I combined all my vassals into one empire, it would cover 60% of the entire galaxy.

Oh you're a local of his? I'm glad to hear that.

I have a commission in with him. I'm excited.

He thinks he is creating 'epic memes' just stop replying to him already. I'm betting he doesnt even play and he's only here for the (you)s.

Fuck, forgot the picture. Also, Great Crusade Era stellaris is fucking amazing.

>not likeing best army
To the tech thralls with you

Hey, user who posted the RT painting guide, do you have one for the RT Dark Angels? I have some spare beakies and I really want to paint some up as RT marines.

I think he's actually just an autist who doesn't know how to communciate like a human being.

Giving them access to combi/melee weapons and dropping them to 13pts would be a start. As it stands, they literally offer nothing that battle. Sisters can't do cheaper because you don't want a bunch of S/T/I3 models in close combat. You want higher LD? BS squads can upgrade to a vet and still have preferred enemy once for the same points, which actually gets cheaper when you add more models.

Also

my made up formations are so believable, they're on Blood of Kittens. Idk if no should be sad or proud

Wait, didn't it get updated that even regular pods could hold a dread?

Truly a son of Mars then.

>The Lucius pod is only SLIGHTLY larger
ehh, it's a noticeable difference

Lucius pods are good and useful, but plastic pods are such a low-effort proxy. Like, at least convert them a bit.

Yeah. The FW one is purely for aesthetics.

What would you guys recommend I do for a Word Bearers list? Does it not really matter what units you use, as long as you bring a summoner?

Do I pretty much have to spam cultists or psykers to make things work? Or will running marines be effective if I bring, say, lots of autocannon havocs?

You have FW stuff, so you might be able to help.

Where can I get Dreadclaw pods now that FW doesn't sell them anymore? I'm too retarded for chinaman

How's the 40k scene in Vancouver? Many places to play, tournaments etc...? Considering a move this Summer.

not my image, and I don't know because I never bothered to get in with the whole recasting shindig

hell. give them vet options like discounted power weapons and shit.

The Leviathan can ONLY take the Lucius pod. Although it's not without it's benefits. The Lucius pod is only 15 points more, and gives itself+occupant Shrouded for the turn it comes in. And Dreadnoughts in a lucius pod aren't required to disembark from their pod..

Since it's also Open-topped and an Assault Transport(kinda redundant..), you can just shoot from inside the pod. And then on the next turn disembark and charge anything unlucky enough to still be close..

So it's a popular strategy to put the Drop pod as close to an enemy unit as possible, and then have the leviathan shoot it to death on turn 1 with it's copious amount of firepower. So on your opponent's turn they're forced to destroy the pod BEFORE they can even start damaging the leviathan, which means it then eats up even more of your opponent's firepower on turn 1.

user, do you have more painting guides? These are awesome.

We have two GW stores in surrounding areas, and a hobby store near the airport.

Ebay or get smarter. Chinaman is pretty easy to order from. Look up yoyhammer.

Actually it provides some buffs like shrouded to anything on its doors and anything behind it on the turn it arrives.
15 points more expensive though, and no locator beacons

>Vancouver
The city is a writeoff, so that's a moot question.

I have to say I'm glad they ended that monstrosity. It looked hideous and only worked as something in Battlefleet Gothic as a boarding craft.

>only two formations
>they're just an alternate CAD and allied detachment

Why, GW? I don't even play Sisters, but it's like they're neglecting them as much as ever.

I can't decide between necrons or dark eldar.

I have with no results because A) I don't use Reddit and B) I'd just get banned. I've looked on their site and shit, but didn't get anything from it.

I want some for 30k for my Night Lords, but they're also usable in 40k, so win/win.

Btw, they ARE a boarding craft.

If it's your first army I'd recommend Necrons over DEldar, but play what your heart desires.

kek I live in Sask so I can deal

Is the hobby shop a decent place to play? I have a lot of non gw conversion bits that would probably get me kicked out of a GW lol

Duh. They remove a special character, said this book now replaces their current codex and the army is still ehhhh.

Your list there exemplifies the issues with the current Thousand Sons rules. They don't actually get psykers that are any better than the norm outside of a couple of extremely expensive formations, so, if you want baller ass psykers, you have to buy 8+ expensive psykers, of which only a handful are actually very good.

Favor of Tzeentch is a pretty baller ability, and makes both Scarab Occult and regular Rubricae quite durable. Unfortunately, the actual rules make it practically impossible to turn on for anything other than Tzaangors.

I think my changes do quite a bit to make Thousand Sons viable in at least casual settings. The idea is to make every sorcerer in the detachment an efficient caster with guaranteed access to at least one spell and guaranteed access to a means of buffing the rubricae units.

Yeah bit it was a bit weird seeing them flying around a city when they have to viable means of flying or taking off once they've landed.

(also how the hell do they land without smashing into the ground?)

I would warn you though. If FW has discontinued the model (it may be getting a mold refurb) it will likely soon have its rules removed also.

That'd be fantastic, but nope. As it stands, there is no reason to take them over battle sisters.

Not only that, but they're a WORSE CAD because they lose ObSec for a mandatory elite slot aka 90pt DCA+Immolator tax.

This feels like GW are making a practical joke with SoB. I can almost hear the Facebook PR team typing "Are you not entertain? Is this not what you came to see?"

I played around with something like this a week ago. I later brought the sorcerers down to mastery 1 with just spell familiars for 75pts and added the Chaos Warband formation to get to 1,850 but the idea is the same. Keep the sorcerers behind the cultists and sacrifice them as necessary.

>VETERAN bolter bitches
>2 attacks each
>act of faith = furious charge

>can only take one power weapon per squad

What's the point of this unit? They're still basic battle sisters, except they do okay in melee. They don't have any interesting options.

>mfw no new Catachan models ever
>mfw no optional female torso's for IG/Temptus Scions (fucking Thousand Sons means I can't use TS any more)

Third party proxy companies make a bundle because GW aren't interested. Then again, this is a company which was surprised the new Canoness sold well and outright refuses to do a proper SoB update.

That makes me sad for 30k because Terror Squads can't take normal pods unless you're using their RoW, and even if I got normal pods, I can't use them in 40k.

BLOWN THE FUCK OUT HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAAHA

Apparently they don't know how to do Sisters the same as Space marines, or even slightly different. They've been slightly different basic Battle Sisters since their inception.

I really just want to annoy my opponent in a way that lets me maintain plausible deniability.

If you aren't going to spam summons, just pick a different legion's tactics to use. Black Legion and Night Lords both offer better takes on the "disciplined zealots marching to war" theme, and the Alpha Legion does the "leading hordes of cultists" theme much better. All Word Bearers have is super efficient summoners and a couple okay summoner support relics.

With Imperial Agents I think I'm more interested in making an Inquisitor warband to go alongside my Deathwatch detachment more than anything to do with Sisters.
Aren't Custodians supposed to be in the codex though? I didn't see them in the index.

>best army
>with the worst models
>muh walking fishing bowls
Nah.

Cry more faggot.

I really hope Canoness selling so well really makes them realize there is a market for a good overhaul of Sisters.

Well if it's any conciliation they'll give them normal pods or make them have to take the Kharybdis DP instead.

It could just be getting a refurbishment though. E-mail FW and they will straight up tell you what's going on.

Either way I wouldn't buy them second hand in large numbers for the above reasons.

Sometimes they have tables out for war games, although they generally have tables for mtg. I've never used their gaming tables. The store is called Imperial Hobbies, look them up for more info.

They didn't even try to hide the copy past.

>SoBcucks still crying after getting rekt
Delicious.

>You're in charge of reducing the current number of codices to four mega-codices and you can't get rid of any factions (because then GW couldn't sell those models). You can change the fluff for the factions though.

How do you do this, teegee?

>muh walking fish bowls.
that did he mean by this.
because clearly the 50s sci fi influences that admittedly made people hate the plastic castiles were not universal.

Really? At this point SoB are all but confirmed.

Just be patient. I've been waiting for this shit for the best part of two decades. We can wait until 2017.

Chaos
Imperium
Xenos
Eldar (Including Corsairs)

Isn't the Kharybdis fuckheug?

Ive been running this list as my 1000 pts assaulty army as a change of pace. Looking to step it up to the next level not sure how to proceed as I don't play space marines let alone blood angels that often. What would be a good addition to this force?

The assault squad is kind of strange but they pop something thats got candy inside which lets me assault with one of the DC units instead of dedicating a unit with inferno pistols.

>You're in charge of reducing the current number of codices to four mega-codices and you can't get rid of any factions (because then GW couldn't sell those models). You can change the fluff for the factions though.
That's a shit idea. Only Imperials even need such a thing, which is why we got the IA codex.

You're not even making sense. user, are you drunk?

You're a real bundle of sunshine ya know?

You can't trust rumors. Proof is that I made up a bunch of formations at the right time, and they're showing up on rumor sites.

SoS/Custodes confirmed absent

things i believe should be a thing for sisters:
Acts of faith should just be straight up special rules for the models because as they are now it's complete fucking shit. the act of faith is too powerful to just be always on, change the fucking thing. If you wanna keep randomness, make them not one use only and just like priests war-hymns, so you roll leadership to activate them when relevant.

Celestians should have ccw+pistol+gun loadout and access to weapons like sterngard and vanguard vets, so combis as well as discounted melee weapons. also give them a bone like I4.

Yeah and much more expensive. I don't know enough about NL to say how this will work but I know enough about FW to say that they'll happily sell you something more expensive and save themselves money by ending production of a kit that probably hasn't sold massively well and has a very similar replacement still available.

Celestians are how I always thought normal Sisters should be. WS4 BS4 and 2 attacks for 12 points.

Not sure what Celestians would be. Some kind of AP4 boltgun ammo, Artificer armor and otherwise have the same statline as Sisters, just costing more.

>Your list there exemplifies the issues with the current Thousand Sons rules.
I would hope so as I quickly made it to show what I meant lol. Extremely expensive units that arent very good at helping you win.

> if you want baller ass psykers, you have to buy 8+ expensive psykers
Once youve bought them how ever how do you use them effectively? Noone has shown me yet how going this deep on the psychic phase is actually viable when aiming for damage. Group them together? Now youve got a shit deathstar with no good supporting units as you only have 20 guys on the field. Every single TS list (that isnt Magnus and 3 demon princes) will get tabled 3 turns in. Your changes dont effect this.

I dont see how to fix them either. With psykers having to roll for powers and then not being able to cast the same spell as another psyker in the same unit its just such a lackluster specialty. IMO thats the TS problem, what they're 'good' at isnt viable. Changes to make them better at their niche dont help because their niche is shit.

I'm planning on bringing psykers. I just don't want my entire army to be made of them.

Pity.

No, they're not. But Sisters of Silence are coming out in 40k.

1. White Dwarf says we'll be 'seeing more of the soon....'
2. Wrath of Magnus ends with High Lords sending a letter down to the Imperial Dungeon requesting the Order of warriors down there with the 'power to unmake a god'. What's that right next to this fluff text? A picture of a Sister of Silence.

So, the chances are, as I said, we'll get a Adeptus Custodes + SoS shit in a book. I suspect this will be later 2017 at the earliest, though.

I never said it was a good idea. I'm just curious how people would do it.

Sisters of Silence+Sisters of Battle is a really attractive proposition for an army.

I have a feeling they'll replace Celestians as the SoB elite or be an alternative for them.

so what's the funnest way to abuse shitloads of warlord traits inquisition?

Too few. If we were talking Imperials only, it's easily doable:
>Astra Militarum (Guard, Navy, Stromtroopers
>Adeptus Mechanicus (Skitarii/Cult Mech combined book)
>SPESS MAREENS (combined book of all Space marine Chapters, tactics, and chapters on unique chapter rules and wargear)
>Imperial Agents (what we're getting, the odds and ends for attaching to larger forces)

Of course, some of these books would be THICK as fuck.

Personally, the Ecclesiarchy should has as much a presence as the Adeptus Mechanicus, and therefore be equivalent in military presence calling for crusades and providing militia; essentially Imperial Cultist spam backed by arcane and bedazzled church heavies and huge walking statues or organ-pipe missile-launcher baneblades. A more extreme Imperial Guard, if you will. Laud Hailers blasting litanies of faith and fury to fire them up, and heavies to keep up the pressure consistently.

user, plz.

SoB would HATE the SoS.

>Blanks (mutants)
>Atheists (heresy)
>bald/topknots (hairesy)
>prettier (women)
Literally the 4/4 SoB hate.

Really no way to do this without absolutely butchering the fluff, but here goes:

Imperium - all armies of the Imperium, duh.
Chaos - CSM, Demons, Orks because they got corrupted by Khorne or something, Dark Eldar because they sold their souls to Slaanesh or something.
Tyranids - Tyranids and GSC
Xenos Alliance - Eldar, Necrons, and Tau sign a ceasefire/non-aggression pact for... some reason. Maybe the Eldar do their space elf magic thing and figure out a way to give the Necrons back their souls in exchange for helping the Eldar and Tau survive against the larger factions.

This looks pretty good. Though I want to run space marines instead of cultists(I have a lot of models for them, and I find them more interesting).

Running that many sorcs that way is likely to result in you losing a couple to perils, maybe replace the heldrakes with a daemon prince and a tax unit of spawn?

I'm not surprised SoB are combined into IA. At the moment, they're pretty fucking boring. None of their units are super duper unique. Celestines are slightly better stated Battle Sisters. Everything else is 'ehhh seen before'. There is nothing super special about them. I assume GW, if they're working on them at all (unlikely) will have better, clearer, uses.

Also, Acts of Faith are so fucking stupid, I have no idea why they exist. Ad Mech are the only other faction I can think of that have One Use buffs, but if I remember correctly, affect the entire army, not just one unit. With 6 available, you'll never need more than 6. SoB's One Use are so situational or shit, they're baffling. The designer was so cruel they made a fucking decurion bonus a ONE USE.

While Thousand Sons get a formation bonus that gives +1T to the units if there is 3 units within 12" of each other (woo T8, potentially T9 Magnus :3) you get a One Use re-roll.

This is some epic trolling from GW. I have to hand it to them. Not only do they tease the possibility of an update, but after they've pulled that away from under your feet, then they stamp on the back of your head with copy and paste rules, with removals and utter shitness on top. Bar the Command Squad changes freeing up Exorcist slots (iirc), nothing is better.

But hey, I'm sure this will sell a few more boxes of the old metal units. I seriously doubt GW is blind, but maybe the rumour mongers saw Sister of Silence models, not SoB and got confused?

What is the most annoying, trolly army?

Not really. The Ecclisiarchy are banned from having any form of official military presence, so the only well equipped army to represent them would be the SoB. Everything else would just be sub IG-tier militias with flamers and maybe meltas for the Elites. Richer dudes like Crusaders would be HQs or Elites as well.

I just can't see it, sorry user.

AdMech makes far more sense since they've been around longer than the Imperium itself, and are the guys who make literally everything, especially weapons.

three of those are memes

Only two, and you know it. Being bald or having a top knot and being pretty at the same time is banned in the Imperium.

Bald + Topknot is Abaddon's style. And Abaddon is a traitor and heretic. Who else would copy his hairdo, other than other heretics?

> Having a topknot and being pretty is banned in the Imperium.

Abaddon's betrayal finally makes sense.

>Once youve bought them how ever how do you use them effectively? Noone has shown me yet how going this deep on the psychic phase is actually viable when aiming for damage.
You can't. That's my point. You need to be able to take fewer psykers but have each of them be better at psykery. Which is why I included a ton of psyker buffs in the Grand Coven and the War Cabal.

Thousand Sons should be a handful of the most powerful psykers in the game leading a cadre of retardedly durable golems and whatever other allies they've collected. They shouldn't be a bunch of shitty psykers that never actually cast anything plus a couple of the most powerful psykers in the game, accompanied by a couple not-very durable golems and nothing else because everything else is so expensive.

Making it so that every psyker in the War Cabal is casting on a 3+ with a reroll makes them stupidly efficient, and the Channeling thing helps fuel the psykers that you do have. Basically, the Cabal holds all the psykers that you want to take, and then the rest of the list fills up on armor or power armor CSM or Tzaangors.

Necrons
>Army is just going to keep standing back up
Alternativley Iron Hands Gorgon detachment
>Easy access to 5+ FNP
>You thought you wiped out those guys?
>NOOOPE

Funniest way to troll someone is to have models that just get back up right when your opponent thinks they're dead. Alpha Legion cultist army would be good too

The thing about AoF is that its always been their "thing" in terms of rules. I'd like to see them stay, even if it's similar to the WD. Hell, 1d6 per round plus Ld would probably be fine.

I think Celestians as the baseline SoB stats would be interesting. If all of them came with BP CCW BG with 1A base, then you could have Celestians with 2A base for 3 attacks, which get good with weapon options.

Acts of Faith used to be better, which is why they're still around, but the WD butchered them.

Sisters have interesting stuff like Razorbacks with fire points and tons of special weapon slots.

Yeah, I knew they used to be better. I viewed them as the SoB version of psychic phase. Roll for AoF points (warp charges) and spend them. Back when Retributor Repressor Bunkers were neat. Back when you could equip a DCA with a Power Axe and Power Sword, because the rules stated if the model is equipped with a 'power weapon' then the rules say you used the rules of whatever was modelled on the unit. Now they're just Power Swords.

Bah it's so bad. Everybody thought the trolling comment of "Wow! Plastic Sisters!" was legit. Maybe plastic sisters are coming, but it won't be any new ones, or new units or new anything. Maybe a couple of units we already have.

Nothing new, I suspect. Shame. A GK/DE/BA revamp would be great.

Alright, I think my list is a lot better now with the preds. What do you think, anons? Any changes I should make, or is it fine as-is?

1500 Fluffy Dark Angels

-Terminator Librarian, 90
+ML2, 25
+Foe Smiter, 15
Total, 125

Troops
-3x Tactical Squad, 70
+5 marines, 70
+Combi-Plasma, 10
+Plasma Gun, 15
+Multi Melta, 10
Total, 175 (525)