Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

What do you want to do with Starfinder? Do you want to play your kitsune spherecasters and blinkling initiators in space?

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1038503
d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/more-races/standard-races-1-10-rp/skinwalkers-10-rp
xenosaga.wikia.com/wiki/Dämmerung
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No. I don't want anymore kitsune or blinkling trash shitting up the general. You niggers are why Gareth and the rest don't come here anymore.

REMOVE KITSUNE!

If they have space fighter jets I'm playing a space kitsune

in space, who pilots a space fighter jet

I want to shove a brick up your ass and watch you try to explain it to the doctors in the ER.

I like this general!

I honestly don't see a need for Starfinder unless it takes Vigilante and uses the system as a playtest for the base class of Pathflounder 2.0

So if the damage of an attack is, say...

2d6+15, and the crit result is double damage, that means the attacker does another 2d6+15, or just another 2d6?

The second, typically. Some things aren't multiplied on crits, like flaming weapons or sneak attack, but static damage bonuses are.

It means you roll 2d6, add 15, then multiply the result by two.

You deal another 2d6+15 in that case. Unless the +15 comes from precision damage, in which case it's not multiplied.

>not going to space in a giant flying necropolis that doesn't need to be pressurized or propelled at FTL because you're undead
>not doing what the living cannot

The +15 is doubled unless it's from something like an elemental weapon enhancement or precision damage.
Your GM may have you roll again for base weapon damage, or simply double your base weapon damage as it was rolled. Depends on the GM.

That said, your damage from your ability modifier IS doubled.

! This. This is what I want to do in Starfinder.

Reposting in new thread:

Alright, I've reworked the backstory a bit based on those comments, how does this look?

Fionna Deverin
Human Warlord||Beguiler (Theurgic Brigand)

>Daughter of Kendra Deverin and childhood friend of Ameiko.
>As a young girl she was wild and unruly as a reaction to her powers manifesting, her friendship with Ameiko was probably the only thing that kept her sane during this time
>Was shipped off to boarding school run by the Magnimar Navy to "get disciplined".
>Initially spent a lot of spare time in Underbridge practicing her magic with local beguilers, but as she advanced in her schooling and matured this side of her life lost its appeal.
>Upon graduating, she joins the Magnimar city watch, but quickly becomes frustrated by the limits of what she could do as a guard.
>As she becomes more and more disillusioned she begins to return to Underbridge, feeding the beguilers intel on their competition in return for some formal training.
>Breaking point occurs one night as she witnesses a young sczarni boy (around 12 years old) pocketing a dose of pesh and follows him to an abandoned warehouse on the docks.
>Inside she finds dozens of Tian girls in chains, sex slaves waiting to go to market. The boy is offering one of the girls a hit of pesh in return for sexual favors. Fionna sees her best friend Ameiko in each and every one of the girls and goes balistic. She beats the boy nearly to death.
>She is dismissed from the city watch and returns to Sandpoint in disgrace.
>Sandpoint is full of the same kind of corruption, the same kind of people who are willing to let criminals escape for the sake of due process.
>She takes on her vigilante mantle and stalks the streets of Sandpoint at night, willing to do whatever must be done to uphold her sense of justice.

Alright, so the scenario in question is this.

Zweihander Sentinel is using a Greatsword (2d6) and his total damage modifier is +15.

He uses Rising Zenith Strike (With supreme focus, comes great insight into the workings of a foe's defenses. When the moment is right, the disciple releases his attack in a vicious upward swing. The disciple makes a Sense Motive check in place of his normal attack roll (he may add any enhancement bonus from his weapon or feats that apply from the use of his weapon to this Sense Motive check as well), and if this Sense Motive check equals or exceeds the target's armor class, the attack deals double damage. If this check does not meet or exceed the target's armor class, then the attack fails and the disciple misses.)

The double damage from this: Is it just another 2d6, is it 2d6+15, or what?

And reposting the question. What's the alignments? CG/CN? NG/CG? CN/CE?

(continued)

I feel her strongest tie is to Ameiko rather than Sandpoint itself, Fionna credits her friendship as the single thing that saved her from her nascent magic. As such she wouldn't have many issues leaving her homeland to help her friend find her true destiny. Combine that with potentially running afoul of local criminals and she might happily skip town.

Her social alignment is likely to fall in the area of LN while her vigilante alignment would be LE.

>Starfinder
Spaceships. I want FTL to be fast enough to not be a burden, but slow enough to spend time with my crewmates between planets. I also want to engage in starship fights with one another!
I want exotic planets with themes, like 'Icy Tundra' or 'Paradise Hell' or even space station cities with corrupt police and downtrodden citizens.
I want our party wizard to divert all magic to empowering out cannons to blow past the shields of another ship to disable their engines, a shot that can only be taken by our pilot!
Planet of Zombies ruled by a necromancer that the players have to fly in, get civilians on their ships, and leave before the necromancers realize what's up!
World threatening horrors from beyond the galaxy trying to invade!

And most importantly: Drow

> Sauce?

I'd imagine it's most likely 2d6+15 again.

Well what I'll say is that she seems like she'd form a good counterpoint to Lilin! Unlikely that they'll both get in, honestly, but they've got enough in common and enough different to form a rivalry.

Yeah, things like that work the same as crits.

Also of note, if multiple multipliers apply at the same time, they're additive, not multiplicative.

Like, a x2 and a x2 is a x3, not a x4.

Rising zenith would do 2x(2d6+15) in that case. Though, any "per hit" effect like Sneak attack, any elemental property, or bonus die from a boost/stance would not be multiplied. However, a stance that increases weapon damage size would. This is why the Primal warrior stance + zenith + RBS, Powerful build OD/ZS thing is so good. It becomes very easy to pump up Sense motive, Weapon size, and blow up two niggas at once.

>2x(2d6+15)

As in the total damage?

Or is that in addition to the attack's damage?

That'd be the total damage of the action.

Depends on the group you run with. Some people double the amount you roll, some people double the amount of times you roll. Not sure what RAW states though.

It seems by RAW, you just double the result with zeniths, though I'm pretty sure RAW says to roll damage die twice for crits. Zeniths behave a lot like a crit, but aren't actually one.

I think that'd be a really cool dynamic, too.

Best fighter weapons? I'm playing a flying fighter.

Can someone explain to me howextended defence functions pls

>Fionna credits her friendship as the single thing that saved her from her nascent magic.
Oh fuck me, I was re-writing my characters backstory and going for a similar angle.

You pick one counter, you can use that one as many times in that round as you want.

As far as I'm aware.

Be friendship buddies, powered by anime backstories.

So that'd be the same as 4d6+30, right?

Math was not my strong suit in school.

So it just offsets the prepared cost to the next round allowing free uses?

I want to fight otherworldly monsters, rescue alien princesses, embroil myself in the machinations of galactic politics, and maybe build a big, mechanical combat suit. And I'd like to hear some stories of excitement and misadventure from other players.

So! Here's hoping it doesn't suck.

Basically, though like I said some people just double the amount your 2d6 adds up to, and some people make you roll 4d6. Ask the group you play with, as most groups already have their preference known.

Sure for the sake of simplicity.

If you really care it's 2x(the result of 2d6) +30, same average, but this is where standard deviations and statistics come into play.

Oh boy, that's too much to ask for!

>Starfinder comes with free PDFs of DMs notes for converting every published Pathfinder adventure path to a scifi space opera setting

post you're face if this were true

>scifi space opera setting
If only those words meant anything anymore.

If only.

But like space opera is one of the most abused terms in genre fiction. Might as well say "action-adventure" or "young adult".

The definition of the term is one of my topics that I get into rants over. Like the "Nerds vs. Geeks" for some people, or Why Elitism is a good thing for a community.

I'd say at its most basic, Space Opera is a scifi setting with emphasis on commonplace, wide ranging space travel

The ships need NOT TO SUCK.
More importantly, they need to grow just like characters, so that they don't find themselves utterly eclipsed and left behind as an obsolete house-of-holding by characters who now fly faster, teleport further, and probably have been hitting three times as hard twelve-times-a-round-as-often (due to siege loading times) as what is actually supposed to take us across the stars.

I want magic NOT to be the be-all-end-all of all power, but I also want ships to be able to help out the blaster spells as well.

I want, at high levels, the GM to actually have reason to say "The two worlds power up their offensive satellite grids and lock massed synthetic-apperture sensor arrays upon your ship. Roll for initiative".

I want to get in my little massively-overarmed fighter in response...

And put a fucking HOLE through that Class-M.

Nigga, that's just Sci-fi set in space.

Think of a opera or even a soap opera. What are the defining features of those? Now what would happen if you set a story with those same features, but this time, it's set in space.

That's a space opera. Nothing more, Nothing less.

>space opera
>not just making captain Kirk proud by impregnating every aliengirl from different planets

>that's just Sci-fi set in space

It's not hard scifi or planetary romance

Hell's Vengeance story time!

>Cimri gathers everyone to tell them their mission
>A bit of banter as they figure out how to go about things
>Spike seems to like Dierdre, Tyran checks out Sersheon
>Yori writes up a summons for the tanner and they head out
>Marshall, Tyran, Dierdre go from the front
>Sersheon, Spike, Yori sneak around the back
>Tyran breaks down the gate and they head in
>Marshall gets a pot of shit to the chest then hits a dog
>Pupper runs off for the rest of the fight
>Tyran clobbers a guy unconscious and Dierdre grapples his wife
>Yori and Spike sneak in through a hole in the fence
>Sersheon tries to follow but she's too thicc, so she climbs
>Tyran opens up the tanner's office
>Marshall presents the summons and gets ignored
>Dierdre convinces the wife to play dead
>Yori goes invisible to search the warehouse
>Tyran goes Gregor Clegane on the tanner
>His slip slave pops into visibility and takes a swipe
>Then disappears again when Dierdre attacks
>The tanner fog clouds the office
>Sersheon clears the wall and helps out
>Spike locates the slip by smell and points her out
>Dierdre tries to make friends with another doggo
>Fails and has to wrestle with it
>Yori finds a hidden compartment
>Tyran and Marshall slap the slip around for a bit
>She flails back at them ineffectually

And that was the first session!

Riker was just as bad. In one episode an alien female actually used a "teach me this human emotion called making love" on him; as the cost of helping him escape.
I want what this guy's got.

>sci-fi tech has stats
>modern weapons has stats
>bronze and stone age weapons has stats

Who wants to go save history?

... come to think of it our party's kind of got that chronotrigger vibe to it in a way too.

>unarmed 'primitives'
>mech pilot
>samurai person

I'd wait until Starfinder comes out, honestly. the weaponry and damage/HP systems in pathfinder don't lend well to science fiction; hell, it barely lends itself to fantasy.

Evidently they're going to be redoing the whole Damage/Accuracy/HP/Defenses calculation thing in Starfinder, so if you want to roll around with guns, it's probably a good idea to wait for that.

Snart isn't coming back ;_;

Yeah, this. Recruit a bunch of dudes from different timelines to save the world.

>Spike seems to like Dierdre

DOGFUCKERS THE LOT OF YOU

dierdre isnt lewd tho...

where do you think you are?

Anyone have an idea as to what happened in Tian Xia, particularly Minkai around the year 4450 AR? I've looked a little but can't seem to find anything.

I just started watching.... god damn it.

I love Snart.

Alright, /pfg/, got yet another for you. Here's the centaur, Bellenka; running from a past she fears and trying to find a future worth protecting, with mental powers for war and combat and a broken heart deep down.

myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1038503

Nice
can't wait to see the pastebin

>i-i-implying

dierdre is pure!

4450 AR is 6950 IC. All that's happening then is some strife between Lung Wa and Dtang Ma.

What about within + or - 50 years?

Still not much. You're 109 years until the Golden League forms in Minkai. Go back 150 years and you lose the maps of the Path of Aganhei, and shortly after that is Hwanggot being absorbed into Lung Wa.

[Spoiler] purity can be lost reaal easy when surrounded with corruption...

admit it, this would make a great starfinder campaign if you're looking to combine sci-fi with contemporary fantasy

Rogue Galaxy too

A catfolk would make a pretty great Privateer Warlord.

I wonder if it would be okay if I made something up for that time period. Like a emperor who went "gas the foxes" or something.

No it won't.
/pfg/ lacks creativity. Every time someone makes an age of sails campaign - they all roll pirates.

If only they could get Broken Blade without a trait or tradition.

Bit of an odd mix, but are ALL of the unarmed people primitives, or just martial artists?

Steelfist gets Broken Blade.

Are there any pre-written write-ups of better-quality encounters for the aps, particularly RoW?

Looking for advice on necessary changes, feel backstory still needs some tweaking.

>Family broke off from Chelish nobles and emigrated from Cheliax to Korvosa
>Got pushed out to Sandpoint by pressure from Chelish interests
>Try to fit in, but to the locals they’re so Chelish they shit imps
>The “and Son” of Redgrave and Son damages reputation further when he disappears after wife’s death
>His twin sons have almost no friends, older son decides to study his ass off and take over the family business (procuring and dealing magic reagents and items)
>Younger son keeps getting into trouble ‘cause he’s a stubborn hothead
>Meets Ameiko one day and she’s the first person his age who doesn’t seem to dislike him
>Makes friends with her and a few of her friends, finally has someone to talk to
>Aww isn’t that cute
>wait shit puberty’s about to hit and he’s still impulsive enough to get them both in trouble
>Grandparents and Headmaster look for an apprenticeship to get him discipline away from Sandpoint
>Knight-errant arrives in town, agrees to take him on as a squire
>It’s just like in his Tian chapbooks!
>Spends his teen years helping his master on quests
>Fight evil, rescue damsels, defend the weak, but that’s maybe one time out of five
>The other 80% is exploring ancient ruins, learning about magic, and studying holy texts

You posted a Skinwalker Barb though.

>Around age 18, news reaches them of Late Unpleasantness
>Older brother disappeared just after the fire, remaining grandparent is on her way out
>Gets knighted in haste and goes home to take over the business
>Barely able to hold things together, mostly helps the family steward in whatever ways he can
>Goes out monster- or bandit-hunting to earn extra coin
>Spends most of his free time at the Rusty Dragon catching up on old times
>Still hasn’t worked out a good way to make some romantic gesture towards Ameiko—feels it has to be grand in order to work
>Waffling back and forth for a couple years now on whether it’s even okay for him to focus on something other than keeping the family name afloat or leaving town himself
>Starting to doubt his commitment to knightliness, feels its holding him back from what he really wants

Should I cut some stuff, move some stuff around, maybe switch out something for a different idea?

Steelfist Commando and Privateer don't stack since they both alter disciplines available.

Apprentice
Phantasy star online 2

A JP player redrew the character with animal ears.

What history-altering shenanigans can be done in Golarion?

Why not use the Skybourne rules to have a crew of courtesans?

>Profession (courtesan)
>A creature trained in Profession (courtesan) can provide entertainment for a ship, similar to a creature trained in a Perform skill, as detailed in Chapter 4: Flying the Skies. A courtesan or performer can receive aid from only one creature at a time, but can receive aid from an entire crew when determining how many people they can entertain.

A courtesan, with the crew's help, can entertain the whole crew. This seems fit for a hentai doujin. It gets weirder.

>Entertainer Training: The crew is trained in either a Perform skill or Profession (courtesan), and may increase the number of people an officer may provide loyalty bonuses for to up to 10 small crews per small crew with this perk. In addition, they may perform any of the following crew actions as a standard action. When a Perform or Profession (courtesan) check is required, they may use their Skill bonus, or the bonus of the officer who leads them, whichever is higher. A crew must possess instruments or entertainer’s outfits to use these crew actions.

The whole crew can be trained in Profession (courtesan) and given "entertainer's outfits" in order to boost the crew's morale.

The three actions listed here are "intimidate," "inspire," and "distract." The latter two are self-explanatory, but the first...

>Intimidate: As a standard action, the crew insults and threatens their enemies, using their performance to create a sense of doom in their enemies. This is the same thing as an Intimidate check made to demoralize all targets within 30 ft., but the crew makes a Perform or Profession (courtesan) check instead of an Intimidate check.

You can have an entire crew trained in Profession (courtesan) and dressed up in "entertainer's outfits," and they can "create a sense of doom in their enemies" using Profession (courtesan).

Even the cabin boy/girl gets to be a courtesan with an outfit.

Only in Skybourne.

Trying to kill Rovagug to prevent him from emerging in the future?

Why contain it? Scool

>Cabin Boy/Girl
>Important Skills: Profession (servant)
>A cabin boy/girl is usually a youth learning the ropes of ship command, but may just as likely be a professional valet, or indeed anyone trained to accomplish the hundreds of mundane tasks that helps a ship run smoothly, from polishing the captain’s boots, to keeping the carpenter’s tools in great repair, to delivering messages as needed throughout the ship.

>As an overland standard action, the cabin boy/girl may use their Profession (servant) skill to aid all creatures aboard their ship. Many large ships will even have dedicated crews of of assistants, who the cabin boy/girl can lead in a crisis.

>Profession (servant)
>Whenever an ally attempts a skill check where others could use the aid another action to help them, a character trained in Profession (servant) may make a Profession (servant) check in place of whatever skill would normally be necessary. This grants a circumstance bonus to the character attempting the skill check equal to the Profession (servant) check divided by 10 (+1 for a roll of 10 or higher, +2 for a roll of 20 or higher, +3 for a roll of 30 or higher, etc.). Only one creature may attempt a Profession (servant) check to aid another in this fashion, but up to an entire crew can use aid another to help a creature with this Profession (servant) check.

>As an overland move action, a character may make a Profession (servant) check to aid all creatures on the ship for that day.

The ship's cabin boy/girl can use a move and a standard action to aid the entire crew, which includes the ship entertainer's Profession (courtesan) check and the rest of the crew's check to aid that Profession (courtesan) check.

The ship's young cabin boy/girl is hard at work all day. They innocently (despite being in an "entertainer's outfit" like the crew) help people with refreshments and clean-up in the background, while the crew works their Profession (courtesan) skill in the foreground.

I'm picturing some unholy combination of pole-dancing and haka.

>Starfinder is some bastard combination of futurpast sci-fantasy amalgamation.

fellow horizon-bros, who wants to join this sort of campaign?

>d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/more-races/standard-races-1-10-rp/skinwalkers-10-rp

>Fanglord (Weretiger-kin)
>+2 Dex, –2 Wis, [+2 Cha]
>Fanglords are skinwalkers of a most regal lineage, well aware that they carry the blood of kings and tyrants—and just as confident and imposing as their forebears.

Sounds about right.

So you guys helped me a great deal in the last thread with learning PoW after this initial post, but there was one bit that I never got advice on. Is anyone here knowledegable enough in Story Feats to point me in the direction this character would go in that regard? I'll be honest, I'm looking through a lot of these and not many of them even remotely fit.

Out of everything I'm leaning toward either Object of Legend with an All Blue equivalent in Golarion or Shamed with a Bastard Child background.

I actually want to make a setting that's just this utterly titanic colony ship on its way to settle a planet off in the super-distant future, beyond the current lifespans of any characters on it.

So it's got a huge amount of cityscape, glass-like bubbles, is shaped like a giant train of indeterminant length so as the DM you can add in districts whever you like. Unlike a cyberpunk city setting, these would be meticulously clean and well-maintained, as well as having beautiful parks and such, because the civilization cannot afford to degrade by even an inch a year to last for the length of the trip. Virtual reality and flight tech everywhere, everything is tech powered but gardens and plant life try to brighten the mood, everyone has alotted space and technological luxury is widespread. Finding specific people is in itself a quest of heroic scale beyond even what it'd be like doing that in present day Beijing. Conflict is interpersonal and needs to be super well-hidden because the reach of law enforcement needs to be excessive if anyone expects the ship to reach endpoint. VR is so extensive that the internet is basically a real place with actual serious politics and rulers. Utopian but overwhelming and full of mysteries.

I had a dream I was lost in this setting, that's why.

Any friendly leak user feel like sharing the Feywilds player companion that was recently released?

At least one of the unarmed people (there are two) is a 'raised by the wild' type.

We had her believing the pilot was wearing the skin of a magic rock he'd defeated, for a while.

Did you finish Xenosaga Episode 3?

>xenosaga.wikia.com/wiki/Dämmerung

It's 1,000 km long, and probably the only remaining center of human civilization in the universe after the protagonists stop the universal reset.

I want to prevent metagaming during NPC conversations. What's the easiest to manage way to turn a d20 roll where high = good and low = bad into a roll where the player won't immediately know if they did well or not.

Should I even bother?

If we can avoid the 'time to drop an anvil of military exposition' and 'time to watch bland, irrelevant, characterless maids fight robot suits in an irrelevant fight scene' and 'boohoo my tits got cut off because my family needed a boy' sections that stopped me from getting past like the second or third episode.

Use the roll as the reaction (adjusting a little if near thresholds for the words, thus applying the circumstantial bonuses of a really good or really rapey speech).

Like, let them talk and say what they have to say. If their total is 11 and they'd have needed a 30, their words were as empty as their souls. But if it's a really good speech,and they got a 28, that might be enough to tip the scales (a +2)...

Likewise, when the girl he's comforting is broken and vulnerable, he'd have to actually SAY "giggity" aloud a few times to screw it up.
>AAAAaaand he did.