Warhammer 40k general

Stale memes edition
previous

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Older stuff in PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>As current as the FAQs get
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE CLOWNS):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

First for Alpharius

Cool pic OP

??th for Omegon

Surely you woundn't reference rules that are no longer available?
Pic is from limited Canoness btw.

I still can't decide between World Eaters or Death Guard.

plastic loud marines soon

?? for best repentia ever

im sure the digital dex is going nowhere

Proper Sisters update and plastics soon, user.

Hahahahahaha no

Dark eldar are cool as fuck. So hilariously evil. How do I make an effective list without taking lame eldar as allies?

Well thanks to Impirial Agent; Forces of the Copy Pasted Codex. The Imperium has a better Greentide than orks The Faith Tide

Aren't eldar freakishly tall?

you dont

supposedly

Play Corsairs.

Humanity superior genes, shrinks Xenos inferior genes. It is a known fact

Hahahahahahahahah yes.

You take the L like a man, it's the price you pay for playing with those sweet pirate ships.

>Faith Tide
What?

Lots of boats.
Raiders with night shields and splinter racks full of warriors
Venoms with warriors
Raiders with night shields filled with true with blasters
Scourges with haywire blasters
lots of minimum sized squads of bikes
ravagers
dark artisan HQ, deep striking in with the webway key thingy

The Faithtrain has no breaks!

Stupid question:
How many Victory Points is the Faithtrain worth? Most formations that force multiple units together have the clause
>This unit is worth x Victory Points
But this one doesn't.

1 killpoint.

Thanks to the formation. You can basically have:
10 DCA
10 Crusaders
10 Acolytes
Inquisitor with radical grenades of -1T
Psyker for giggles
3 priest one of them with thing that ensures war hymes work always.

unless you show me a picture of the sprues right now. nope.

Alright, here.

That's what it looked like.
Absolutely brutal... the Faithtrain chugs to war!

>Are DCA / Crusaders still 15ppm?

It is happening. Codex:Adepta Sororitas inbound. Rejoice, my sisters. Scourge and purge.

well played.
still unless i see physical evidence Sisters are basically gone in 8th. unless anybody has physical proof otherwise ill trust my gw rep.

it exists its the digital dex.

>fully revised and updated

Yes, it's blurry but it is either 10 or 15.

The Faith Rape Train is real. No idea if it is good

Quick chaos related question. Where can I find rules for the Blissgiver Slaanesh Demon weapon?

How do I properly treat a Skitarii Alpha Warlord to not be gibbed immediately? I love their Warlord traits but the damn things are pretty much squishier than IG HQ models while having a lot less cannonfodder to put between your guy and their stuff and only having CC customization apart from shields and relics.

Is putting him in a 10-man CC death-squad of Vanguards kitted out as much as possible the way to go and just come to terms with him probably being killed as a suicide commander or is taking a Ranger Alpha in a support gunner troop with snipers a better option to safely get as many uses out of Prefered Enemy correct?

Oh look its updated. Plastic Sisters DO NOT EXIST, NEVER WILL, please stop. Don't hope it's done.
Gw already said that it was a joke.

I say this as a sisters player. We need to face facts.

Get a Libarius Conclave for some buffs (like Invisibility) or for some mobility, throw in a GK for Hammerhand, etc.

It's imo a hilarious, but probably inefficient blob that's ready for Superfriends abuse

Also does anyone have any ideas for modeling it?

I'm not a sister's player, I'm just drinking the fuccboi tears as they realize they'll never get their womyn army plowed by bulls

y'all a bunch of KEKS

You take a Cult Mechanicus warlord.

This is why people talk about the Maniples so much. Because that's how you run Skitarii while keeping a Cult HQ.

PROTIP: The Start Collecting box formation is the cheapest way to get a Dominus in a Skitarii army.

Gonna start playing 40k for the first time now that I've finally finished painting some orks.

Is it worth running a painboy or a big mek with KFF with a group of killa kans? I was thinking a big mek could give them an invuln save for any shooting towards them and could repair some wounds they get. Or are Killa Kans not worth the bother for them?

KFF is always good for ork units

How so? I can face that they are done. I'm sure marines will get more toys.

>painboy
Don't affect vehicles.

I just leave this here...

Painboy does nothing for kans. Use the KFF.

>those backpack birds
>those "kill me" looks

Well people meme and kek some to be president. Sure a meme army can get over power shit some day.

This has been the year of meme magic

how do I paint my ad mech army to be alt right?

I was worried that'd be the optimal answer.

Have been running a Dominus Maniple + other Skitarii stuff so far, wanted to give a pure Skitarii Maniple a try, tho, as I have a bit of a hard-on for Preferred Enemy.

Yeah its called Tau.

hide your warlord in better cover, keep him out of line of sight, and accept he'll get ganked easily all the time. i use daemon heralds and it's the same problem of being t3

Green and looking sad...

No no, Tau are the anime protagonist army.

>i use daemon heralds and it's the same problem of being t3

Nurgle herald, senpai.

Well for right now the Lord using it is a AoS Lord of Slaanesh on Daemonic mount, from my AoS army. Probably going to buy a new one, and replace the body and head and left arm with one from a chaos marine.

user who posted this LEGION WARGAMING jewtube channel, I don't quite care for the autistic monotone rambling, but I will say, they make the mantic terrain look really good.

user who posted DV blood angels fighting beside baby jesus, you should consider buying some terrain from mantic

Reposting my list for all the fedgling Archons

Is the new alpha legion strong? What are its strengths and weaknesses?

Alpha Legion has no weakness, they wield lies made weapons, with each supposed weakness a hidden trap, each apparent advantage made hubris to bring about yet another downfall for the servants of the corpse-lord.

No true victory is to be won against them, for within each victory lies the seeds of chaos and dissent.

i don't like or use nurgle units besides a blue counts as prince or GUO

>user who posted DV blood angels fighting beside baby jesus

Stat the baby jesus fortification lads

So my brother is coming over for christmas and wants me to explain him the basics of the game and play a small game or two with me.

Got about 2400 points of Black Templars and am currently assembling my first Skitarii squad, having a finished Tech-Priest Dominus already.

What kind of point range would be alright for a tiny demo game? Was either thinking super small with 250 points and normal rules, not Kill Team or just using the two Start Collecting formations of each army and filling the rest of points up with Wargear and extra troop models. Would have to proxy the Onager for that, as he's getting me that for Christmas and assembly+painting in 2 days isn't feasible, but that's not a real issue.

Going over the formation rules, though, the SM formation seems far worse than te Skitarii, especially when using BT chapter tactics.

What are the Razorwings for? You already seem pretty killy against infantry already.

[Victory Intensifies]

Use the two start collecting formations. 250pts is far too small to teach with.

I cut myself against your edge.

I just fucking love Eldar flyers and i needed some variety
Some AoE from the missiles and extra DLs/ SCs are a bonus

>edge
>not camp

welcome to 40k general, there are lots of great "getting started" resources in OP, please take the time to read it

also the fancy picture lists is created by a free web app which you see in OP if you want comments and criticism for a list you're planning

welcome to Veeky Forums and please enjoy your stay

So 10 DCA, 10 Crusaders and the priest is 325~ points not sure if worth it. But god damn it would funny to run 1000 points of this silly thing

They're about the only semi-reliable anti-air units Dark Eldar have access to. A Razorwing with DL's is always worth bringing just to harass and distract enemy aircraft; even if there aren't any, its Lances and missiles mean it won't be wasted against ground targets.

>no wyches

it's like you hate naked women

So I have Deathstrike: Overkill since last year and decided to finally assemble it.

I have been out of the loop for a while. Genestealer cults is a thing now.

Are they any good? Are the Deathstrike: Overkill box units any good? I found a codex on scribd, but desu I know dick about actual play. Thinking about expanding on the cult miniatures and was thinking what would be the best choices.

That was actually well written for a random post, so it's fine imho

How much would that be both points and moneywise?

Are the minis even still avaliable?

What is the problem with wyches these days, actually?

thank you user, I'm thinking of trying my hand at becoming a writer, so your compliment actually means a lot to me, have a picture of some boner inducing terrain

Assault units in a Shooting dominated edition.

All CC units are devalued right now, and they don't have the resilience to make up for their lack of shooting.

nothing if we're being serious and actually evaluating the dark eldar codex

the short answer is that the current rules are about shooting and the long answer is that they're not as cost effective as other choices in the codex.

Deldar competitively have always been very spammy, but even in competitive lists some archons favor wyches. If you're playing against a highlander list or really anyone who isn't WAAC the wyches offer a really strong assault punch.

Unfortunately the wyches will only get off one good assault per game, while 10 kabalites could be utilizing a splinter rack on a jinking boat (since the boat jinking doesn't penalize the squad inside) and this meshes will with deldar's playstyle of "shoot as many splinter weapons as you can"

Wyches do have a nice advantage in the form of fast open-topped vehicles so if they're not target priority (and they won't be) they will get off a good assault, but they probably won't get a good second assault.

and most people will run an archon with some sort of elite CC unit such as incubi or snake tits for their assault punch, a sort of mini-deathstar which smashes into something and leaves it beyond fucked

So they're probably good for tying up some other unit, instead of going on murder trains?

Do you have any "my dudes" stories written about your 40k games yet?

they'll probably murder one unit

If I run that stupidity I might just use my BT with what ever equipment as Crusaders. My assorted Repentias, my old metal darmonettes, random malifux and other girls with could be swords as DCA

Each model is 15 points the naked priest 25. 325 points for 21 models.

Incubi are still worth taking? I thought the lack of grenades made them not worth taking because

>charge into cover
>get wrecked because literally everyone will go before you do now

Why Incubi, or hell, most Dark Eldar don't get to ignore the I penalty for charging through cover infuriates me to no end. Dark Eldar are supposed to be biologically faster than Craftworld Eldar, who already run around Space Marines, who already outclass Human olympians.

But are they as fast as Cor'bax Utterblight, Nurgle Daemon prince of the Ruinstorm, who is I9?

not really, I haven't played 40k in about 4 years or so, been playing infinity (I've got over 2000 points of combined army, which is 10 armies) and board games instead.

After moving (so box up all your toys and tuck them away) and with 7th edition coming out I didn't want to buy a new rulebook and codices, I had actually told my friends that I didn't think I would ever play 40k again.

Then AoS came out and promised free rules and next thing you know it's been a year and I bought an ogre army (another thing I didn't think I would do because the gee dubs ogres are fat and I didn't originally like how they looked). I also bought two boxes of the AoS starter kit because why not.

Then I bought a box of calth because hey, free minis if you buy 30 marines.

Now there's traitor legions out, thousand sons (the army which got me into the hobby) have an update (even if csm tzeentch is shit and it's just magnus who's good, that said if you like tzeentch like I do play some heralds of ruin, rubric marines are ace in that) and 8th edition is coming sometime.

I suppose I could write up a story or two about some games I've played if you'd like

Archon can take a grenade backpack which gives him assault grenades so if he's in the unit they can charge through cover and then strike first.

This is pretty much why you only take one CC unit because getting deldar assault grenades is very expensive

>I9 Nurgle Daemon Prince
Isn't Nurgle stuff supposed to be slow though?

A friend and I are bandying about with the idea of homebrewing charging into cover into a modifier.

>light cover is -1 I
>medium cover is -2 I
>heavy cover is -3 I

But yeah, I wonder how borked if 40k Eldar and Dark Eldar got "Always Strikes First" like their fantasy counterparts.

Or this whole thing could be avoided if they incubi tormenters FUCKING RULES GOD DAMN GW ITS RIGHT THERE! Or at least bring back 53 PGLs

it's probably perspective. she's actually quite a bit further away, looking at the sister of battle looking lustily at a wall, thinking "what the fuck are they doing now"

archons aren't even worth running.

They changed the way Phantasm Grenade Launchers work in the 6e codex. Instead of giving the squad grenades, it only is a crappy Fear inducing shooting attack.

Not even for blaster shenanigans? I don't want to abandon my archon with the custom freakishly oversized agoniser claw.

>Archon can take a grenade backpack which gives him assault grenades

That was removed from the current codex. It's now just a mediocre ranged attack.

Dark Eldar should just ignore all penalties for moving though difficult and dangerous terrain. Movement, Intiative, Damage, whatever. Call it Unmatched Agility or something.

>Not using them as i did with my list
Archons are used for minor dakka and being a distraction

yeah, all daemons of nurgle have slow/purposeful but they have decent enough initiative on the big units

You could basically just put Doc Octopus in as AdMech, but with a hood and red instead of green