Spend months making a character

>spend months making a character
>gm is shit
>there will be no second session

>spend weeks building NPCs and backstories and geography and plot hooks.
>players are shit.
>there was never even a first session because they all flaked.

Well there's your problem.

>there will be no second session
Pretty sure the GM just told you that because they don't want you back.

>months to make a character

That's way too long, OP. Take it easy, next time. Maybe you should play some OSR and get in that mindset.

>Show up
>roll some dice
>looks like a fighter or thief, pick fighter
>think for 30 seconds
>"Okay, he's the black sheep son of a Duke who got disowned and kicked out for his bad behavior."
>"Now he wants money to suport his lavish asshole lifestyle, but has no skills other than being kinda good with a sword."
>"Dungeon delving it is! Let's go."

Then when he gets killed in the first room when kobolds ambush the party and hit him with rocks, you can just shrug and make a new guy, because it doesn't take long, right? Easy come, easy go.

>months
is this even a real thing? Who does that? Why?

Nobody does this. OP is just lonely because nobody's paid attention to him today.

Jesus christ

Did you write a novel?

I mean you could find a new game to play the character in

>implying you can't recycle your character over and over until you get a campaign where you can actually play it

>implying GM's who work on creating their own setting don't spend way more time than you ever will you fucking scrub

>implications

Why not just recycle it for another RPG?

>OSR
>for when you want to leave a pile of used character sheets at every session
I like some retroclones but fuck OSR grognards make me feel ashamed to

>leave a pile of used character sheets at every session

Maybe you should GIT GUD.

It's pretty embarrassing that you spent that much time making one, but you can always just save it for another campaign.

Nuh-uh, man! The roleplaying police will arrest you if you reuse a player character concept, much less the whole sheet!

>being this fucking terribad
GIT FUCKING GUD YOU DAMN SCRUB.

Wait, is this from the comic about the evils of roleplaying? The one where Chtulhu wakes up?

Chtulhu isn't in the original chick tract but yeah it's dark dungeons.

I spent a week creating a character only for the gm to tell me to Piss off because I wouldn't commit to a two hour bus journey on a Saturday night with no way to get home after the game and only 6 buses the next day,if they are even running.
Pleased I was not.

It does not take months to build a character.

See this is why you should care about the game, and not characters themselves.

You might be disappointed anyway, but you won't waste that much time.

It takes maybe an hour at most in 5e to make a character if you don't know what you're doing, and it shouldn't take very long to think up a basic concept for a backstory.

I can do a decent character in GURPS in 10 minutes. Maybe you should speed up, you know?

You're not that guy we have to bring a stopwatch for so he doesn't take 20 minutes to do a single thing, right?

>Binge read all the chick tracts
My lord was it amazing, the amount of hate that man spread was truly astounding. For a religion about accepting others! No but seriously, if you haven't read every chick tract, i recommend it, theirs some funny shit.
>Satan wears a pumpkin head and goes on a chainsaw massacre
>Pretty much every Halloween special
>Two pure Christians are sent to hell because they dont believe in Jack Chick's specific version

Save the fucking character template you turboshits.. Christ

Have a puppy.

Second poster here.

I was trying to relay the feels of getting excited for a new game, only to have it fall flat because of lack of commitment.

I can knock out a character sheet in less than an hour, so that's not an issue for me.

>game ad
>pretty standard stuff but some hype players show up
>signups are accepted, couple bads pruned
>gm chickens out before session 1
>youre the gm