Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Dungeon Cooking Edition!

What creatures in any of the Bestiaries looks the most delicious to eat? Which player race looks the tastiest?

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/yCvngN7h
youtube.com/watch?v=riUA1khxs68
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ghoran are canonically delicious.

So tasty you get bonuses to bite them.

I want to eat you!

Go on...

Flumpfs look like they could be cut up and stir fried with rice and scallions.

is there a pathfinder equivalent to mind flayers?

i feel like, cooked properly, they'd be pretty tasty (don't over/undercook them though otherwise they'll be too rubbery)

I said I'd do it so I did it: A Magus that doesn't have spells, but instead has an Inspiration and Panache pool. It's a WIP and missing a bunch of shit (like properly worded text), but fuck it, I've been hammering away off and on. Light it up famalams.

pastebin.com/yCvngN7h
>what does this shit even do?
>No spells aside from cantrips
>more skills and shit
>bigger arcane pool and gets a Panache and Inspiration Pool
>has a better version of Pool Strike, more weapon special qualities, and the optional "basically pounce" ability

Intellect Devourers, Brain is a delicacy in certain parts of the world.

A little fatty tho.

>Bring Human Chosen One Paladin/Destined Urban Primalist Bloodrager to game
>my saves are through the fucking roof at level 8 (where we start)
>Fort: +23 (+27 against spells/SLA/SU)
>Ref: +22 (+26 against spells/SLA/SU)
>Will: +23 (+27 against spells/SLA/SU)

I'm currently getting bonuses to saves from the following:
>human alternate racial
>destined luck bonus (w/ fate's favored)
>divine grace
>familiar
>bloodrage (increases stats & gives will save bonus)
>superstitious
>base saves
>trait for will/fort
>cloak
>ioun stone

so I have morale/insight/luck/racial/trait/resistance/untyped cha/untyped familiar to saves

What I need from here is Sacred & Profane. I am thinking I can probably get sacred from a deific obedience. Does anyone know what deific obediences give a sacred bonus to saves.

Also does anyone know anything to get competence or circumstance bonus to saves?

As well at this point rerolls become important as rolling 1s becomes a significant threat. I'm a human, so defiant luck is an option. For two feats I can reroll nat 1s three times per day.

How the heck did you explain all that in-game? Tell us about the character themselves.

>inb4 Treesinger Druids who, because of their mutual protection pact with plants, are only allowed to eat meat

What would be a decent character concept to face a darklands campaign? I've been reading Intro to the Darklands and since everything seems extra dangerous plus resources are scarce, I'm thinking about going for a Dwarf Druid focused on earth elements or Cave Druid. Can I get some tips about playing this kind of campaign?

IIRC there's a cavalier order that lets you reroll Will saves.

you said many words in this post

what's your character's motivation?

Destined bloodline & Chosen One actually go together rather well.

I am using Primalist only for superstitious, which is predicated on growing up in a magocracy where the citizenry was abused by the rulers. Urban because I grew up in said city. Became a chosen one paladin after receiving and being educated by a familiar (the familiar showed up and began teaching my character).

The defiant Luck + Lucky go with chosen one/destined as a sort of Fate/Luck theme.

I assume to be affected by spells as little as possible.

>Came home from work after ruminating on the Mwangi merchant all day
>mfw that Druma talk

Well, shit. Guess it's time to either figure out how a Sargavan got to Druma *then* Sandpoint, or just ditch being a Mwangi and play a Druman.

The trait in question is Carefully Hidden, which I have to protect myself against divination from said magocracy. My character now works against that government to bring down the corrupt despots that abuse the people.

The fort trait is for being poor and growing up essentially eating garbage.

Don't eat anything.

How should I play an evil Bard?

Shouldn't I be able to cook most things with a high enough survival skill?

But anyway, any more thoughts on it? I'm gonna go through the LN, LG, and NG gods to see if any give sacred bonuses to saves and then check out their paladin codes (if any).

Thanks, VMC is an option. I'll look through the orders. Cavalier would fit the character well enough.

Depends on your style of music. I'd recommend using lyrics from Black Sabbath, just because people will get it.

depends on what you're going for.
bards are charismatic by nature; one of the classics is being evil without anyone realizing it until it's too late.

so, subtly, in other words.

youtube.com/watch?v=riUA1khxs68

>Be traveling from Sargrava to literally anywhere in Avistan
>Be waylaid by pirates while passing by the Shackles
>Be sold into slavery in Cheliax and end up in Druma
>Be bought by an old man who truly recognizes your worth
>Be freed by act of his last will and testament and bequeathed his business
>Travel to Sandpoint as a representative of the business
>Become embroiled in the game's plot

Why not both user? The Blackjackets take all kind.

What if I said I didn't mean it in a food way.

Is there a way of maing a good or neutral drider?

>making

>First black character I've seen floated for RotJR
>/pfg/ immediately suggests he be 12 years a slave'd
Yep, I'm still on Veeky Forums.

If you can into 3pp, the Transformation and Hybrid Transformation feats from the Shapeshifter's Handbook.

Take Vermin Form and you can pick spider. You get to choose if you want to be a drider or still bipedal. Heck, you could have four legs and four arms if you wanted.

Oh shush you

Where the fuck did all those guys even come from. Do they live in her basement and only get allowed to come up for musical numbers?

Does Golarion have anything similar to the Dark Hadou

Alright, hear me out, Veeky Forums.

Catfolk. Oracle (Black Blooded, Psychic Searcher) | Unchained Rogue (Heister). Background story of having been a heister specializing in museums and Cursed Antiquities, stealing them to sell to the highest bidder, up until they just weren't careful enough and ended up cursed with the chill of Black Blood for their efforts; between that and the job going tits-up, running away from whereever they were based out of (Osirion, maybe?) and trying to find a cure. And someone to cuddle because they are always so, so cold.

My question is, will this still be viable mechanically with black blooded's -4 to all dexterity-based skill rolls? What if I spend all my feats on the +2 to 2 skills for dex-based skills and skill focus in them to bring them back up to par?

Oh my gosh I love these! I love them! It'd be the easiest thing in the world to explain his connection to Montlarion Jeggare, if I so felt a need to make him head to Korvosa.

No no, I got it! I got it! He's got a vested interest in securing exclusive caravan rights to the Path of Aganhei, and has been negotiating with Sandru for quite some time now on funding an expedition, deciding to settle the matter over drinks at the Rusty Dragon during the Sandpoint Festival.

Ooh, this is going to be practically a semi-religious experience for him, over half of the campaign travels over that glory-soaked trade route!

Also also, him basically going Ornstein with the armor makes perfect sense given his time spent in Druma; Gilded armor studded with rubies isn't exactly out of place for their types, and lions would certainly be heraldry he can appreciate!

For what it's worth, I'm not actually going to make him a slave. He got Shanghai'd onto a pirate ship and was promptly rescued by the Chelish navy after a few months at sea, and from there I think he'd recognize his miserable condition in Avistan before finding himself in Druma... Question then is, how do I make him good friends with that old man besides just saying, "he befriended someone?" I'll figure it out!

Life of an extra

What the fuck is the Dark Hadou? What is it lately with people asking questions and assuming people know what they're talking about?

Dark Hadou, Surge of Murderous intent.

Basically its evil KI techniques used to murder, maim and throw fireballs.

Yeah, it's called playing a LE monk.

is there any way to play a spellcaster that leeches energy from the environment to power his dark abilities? I'm kind of enamored with the idea and I haven't directly seen anything like that yet and I'm curious if it's a thing that can be done in PF.

You could had just said "I wanna play Akuma"

Here have some stuff i found

Profession (Cooking)

You are skilled at preparing exceptionally nourishing meals.

Check: Preparing a meal has a DC of 10 (for a decent meal), 20 (good meal), 30 (extraordinary meal), or 40 (legendary meal). You need ingredients, and a suitable kitchen or equivalent work space. Without a proper kitchen, you take -4 on your cooking check. Cooking without ingredients is impossible.

Decent Meal: Pretty standard fare. A decent meal grants the nourished condition

Good Meal: A good meal, the kind you could expect to find in a particularly expensive restaurant or luxurious inn. In addition to the effects of the nourished condition, a good meal grants a +1 circumstance bonus on fort saves for the condition's duration.

Extraordinary Meal: An incredible meal, the like of which most people will experience only rarely, unless they are quite wealthy. In addition to the effects of a good meal, an extraordinary meal grants 1d8 temporary hit points.

Legendary Meal: A meal of legendary quality. As word gets around of your skill, kings will fight to have you in their kitchens, and beings from other planes will seek you out to experience your masterful creations. A legendary meal grants the nourished condition, as well as a +2 circumstance bonus to all saves, and d8 + (Cook's HD) temporary hit points. Such a meal is so good that creatures who taste it can't bear the thought of dying without tasting it again.

Action: Preparing a meal takes one hour, although a particularly intricate or important meal may take longer, at the GM's discretion.

Try Again: Yes, but every time you prepare a meal any ingredients used are consumed.

>monks
>fireballs
I've already decided on class and mechanics, I just wanted to know some monasteries groups that would practice such things.

>Question then is, how do I make him good friends with that old man besides just saying, "he befriended someone?"

Maybe your character has a personal item which Jeggare takes a fancy to. You need money to get on your feet, so when he tries to buy it you counter-offer with a bet: he fronts you the money to start your business and if you can't repay with interest he takes the item. Of course you win, but that's the start of a great friendship/partnership.

You would have to convert something from Dark Sun.

Wasn't that user, just explaining.

>What is Blood Crow Strike used by Quigong and Unchained Monks?
Negative Energy+Fire damage ranged attacks that do the unarmed damage of the monk at medium range?
Yes.

Ah, Driders. Specifically formulated to make traps impossible.

Blight druid?

Ah, damn. Thanks, I guess.

Yes. Two points won't make that much of a difference at that level. You won't even need to spend the feats.

Go read through the Qinggong Monk power list. As for where, Nidal, Geb, and Kaoling.

Well, UC Monk gets Bloodcrow strike.
As for Monasteries, the Sisters of the Golden Erinyes have a monastery in Isger where they take orphans (only girls though) and teach them Hellish Martial Arts

See
I wanted names and practitioners, not mechanics. It's my fault for not really being clear though.

That's not so much "magic from life" as it is just screwing everything over.

Part 2,

Nourished

A nourished character can run as if she possessed the Run feat, and is granted a +1 circumstance bonus to Strength and Dexterity based checks, as well as a +4 circumstance bonus vs effects that cause fatigue or exhaustion. Becoming fatigued or doing anything that would cause fatigue removes this condition. Otherwise, it fades after one hour.
Ingredients

Basic Ingredients: The bare necessities required to create a meal. Price: 1s. Weight: 1/4 lbs.

Extravagant Ingredients: Very extravagant ingredients. Grant a +2 circumstance bonus to a Profession (Cooking) check made to create a meal. Price: 15g. Weight: 1/4 lbs.

Legendary Ingredients: Incredibly hard to find ingredients, of legendary quality. Grant a +5 circumstance bonus to a Profession (Cooking) check made to create a meal. Price: 500g. Weight: 1/4 lbs.
Tools

Cooking Kit: Basic tools required to cook a meal. Price: 5g. Weight: 5 lbs.

Kitchen: This kitchen is used for cooking, and provides a +2 circumstance bonus on Profession (Cooking) checks. It does not provide any ingredients. Without this kitchen, a character with the Profession (Cooking) skill is assumed to have enough tools to use the skill but not enough to get the +2 bonus that the kitchen provides. Price: 200g. Weight: 40 lbs.

Ah, it's not two points--it's not -4 dex equivalent, it's a -4 penalty to the skills directly, so a four point difference.

>Good Meal: A good meal, the kind you could expect to find in a particularly expensive restaurant or luxurious inn.
>Extraordinary Meal: An incredible meal, the like of which most people will experience only rarely, unless they are quite wealthy.

You do realize that most people, especially in a pseudo-medieval setting, will visit an expensive restaurant or a luxurious inn rarely to never?

So?

pls

A restaurant that good will probably reside in Absalom or a big metropolis
Where there are rich people that can afford it

What animal gives you Cartoon meat? You know the kind. There's just a cylinder of meat with a bone sticking out of it.

The point that line is making is to provide context as to how good that food will be.

You could get a Good Meal at the Rusty Dragon, which is by all accounts a nice tavern in a very humdrum town.

>The point that line is making is to provide context as to how good that food will be.
And my point is that it doesn't do a very good job at it.

I need help with shopping lists.

Here is a PDF of a shopping list and I am looking for things I'm mixing. This list is meant for 4 people to be able to essentially live without outside input.

In a punch my character can actually carry all of it.

That's a round steak, you can get one from the hind legs of any quadrupedal stock animal.

>reminder that the White Deer is better and cleaner than the Rusty Dragon for the same price

Hi DHB

Thanks! I thought it was some silly abstraction of ribs.

I wouldn't think TOO hard about it. Its an Abstraction, like most systems in Pathfinder.

Oh, the actual question is am I missing any major things?

If that's the case why does the Rusty Dragon win all the cooking contests at the Swallowtail Festival?

Because people like Ameiko better than they do Garridan.

The White Deer doesn't get music from the lovely Tien store owner.

I know. Ameiko being the reason people go to the Rusty Dragon is well known, I'm saying that the White Deer is the better inn.

"Eager to encourage visitors to stay at his inn, Garridan keeps the prices of his rooms and board low, matching those of the Rusty Dragon (area 37) despite the fact that his accommodations are much cleaner and more spacious. Still, his gruff attitude tends to make his establishment less popular than the Dragon."

I personally would make a stipulation that Trail Rations do not count as a "Decent Meal". If only to force some cooking and thus campsite party interaction.

Eh, it's a living, I guess.

...Anyone else like the Hagfish?

...you keep track of everything like that?
Damn
That is so dedication

It's DHB, that's how he makes characters.

It's called autism.

The Nuns of the Golden Erinyes in Cheliax might be a decent stand-in, if you don't mind learning Hamatulatsu.

Otherwise, could probably just use backstory to insert it yourself under some alternate title--Death-Fist, perhaps?--then just say you were taught by someone suspiciously like Akuma or Gouken or something.

Dinosaurs and mammoths, of course.

Gamblers and fishermen. It's the best place for a plate of fresh fish and a game of cards. The White Deer is best if you're moving through town with no attachments. For stories and music you want the Rusty Dragon.

To be fair, I'm sure a lot of us did it when we were just starting out and thought every rule had to be followed to the letter. It's just that most of us grew out of it and learned to track need-based items like rations on the fly.

The character knows unarmed combat, he's much more focused on the energy manipulation part. I'll probably make up a practitioner though.

Thanks.

I prefer DHB's way. His autism is refreshing. Having one person like him in a party is great. Notes taking & specific tracking is great to have.

To our group preparation is something that is considered only before we do it.
If we say we are going to buy food for the trip, that is considered enough.
So we do not stop to calculate how many days and how much per head exactly

shit game you're all losers and even other pnp gamers cringe at the thought of being near you

Maybe some kind of forbidden knowledge held deep within the Houses of Perfection? It could be something that a corrupted sensei there might teach a promising apprentice.

I'm looking into making a character that has Perform (Oratory) for Versatile Performance, Inspiration+Expanded Inspiration, Zenith strikes, and later, Scarlet Perseverance. However, there's some questions that are cropping up that I'm not sure how to answer.

How does Oration help you gauge if some one is lying to you?
Fluffwise, how does Oration work with Zenith Strikes/Scarlet Perseverance? Am I just so good at shouting that it catches them off-guard/wills away the effect?
Mechanically, does the combo of (Expanded) Inspiration, Versatile Performance, and Rising Zenith Strike work? Is it 1d20+1d6+ranks+CHA? I'd assume it does work, since Inspiration adds to checks, Versatile Performance just subs the Perform bonus for the bonus of other skills with no mention of "checks", and Zenith Strikes work of off "Sense Motive checks".
Also how do weapon enhancements/masterwork and Power Attack work with Zeniths? What all from a normal attack roll gets added to the Sense Motive check?

Please respond

gtfo fgt

2/10, see me after class.

Ring of sustenance, something for dark vision.

We already know that though.
Don't you have anything new to tell us?

Oratory and Sing help you with Sense Motive, I assume, because you're so familiar with the sounds of a voice that you can realize when someone's being truthful and when they're trying to fake it.

Is anyone running a Christmas scenario for the holidays? What is it?

That could work, that could really work. At least the corrupted knowledge part, I was hoping for something more "weeby" because this is for that Jade Reagent gameand at this point it's probably obvious who my guy is

worst bit is pathfinder games form a the second largest minority of the community.

It makes me really sad when I hear this because I prefer tracking things. When I GM I tell players "if it's not written down, you don't have it". They end up not writing things down and losing track of a lot of loot and end up not having things they talked about needing but never actually bought.