Gentlemen

gentlemen.

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.lspace.org/mediawiki/Mr._Tulip
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No one fucking cares. You're going to see some absolutely livid posters in this thread who care a lot, but trust, they're not people.

Is there a meme here I'm not getting

I dont understand

Forced meme about the unavailability of taters in muh traditional Ye Olde Westerne Yuropoor Fantasye Setting.

Truth to be told, I get triggered everytime someone mentions potatos, coffe, etc in medieval settings unless you are in the Renaissance.

GENTLEMEN!

taters? whats taters precious?

That's funny, I get triggered by gratuitous spelling errors on Veeky Forums unless I'm on /b/.

taters. boil em, mash em, stick em up your ass

Are they really poisonous if you don't store them for a full year?

I mean, from a botanical perspective there isn't really a reason you couldn't have things like tomatoes, potatoes, corn, etc in a medieval pseudo-European setting. Obviously in historical Euro fantasy it wouldn't make sense, but if you have goblins and such running around, there's no reason that New World animals and crops couldn't just be native to a given fantasy land so long as the climate can support them.

>t. a guy with dinosaurs, marijuana, temperate rainforests, coffee, tomatoes, and gunpowder in his fantasy setting

bruh, you never heard of stuff coming over on boats? just cause its ye olde fantasy doesn't mean it has to include the events that happened. maybe elves/dwarves/otherfantasyrace decided to trade with the humans and give them useful shit. maybe that stuff just grows in a forest in this setting.

Why? It's an informal format.

Besides, I only see (coffe) and (potatos), and even then, I see potatos used on occasion. I guess combining everytime into a single word is a spelling mistake, but only in the most technical way.

>marijuana in a fantasy setting
my DM allowed that once, he thought we'd just do some comedy bits with getting high. My Rogue used it by dropping burning satchels of it into rooms full of people to make them lethargic and unworried, then stabbed the people he needed to and got out again, he also used it as a medical anaesthetic

Yeah I don't know man. I mean after last time...

Did your DM also allow you to start raging 10' high walls of fire by pouring a bottle of alcohol on the ground

It doesn't even have to come over on boats, since fantasy worlds are not historical earth and potatoes could very well have always grown on the same landmass as knights and dragons and whatnot.

Do potatos even grow in forests? aren't wild potatos and yams mostly grass lands and desert animals?

Potatoes can grow just about damn near anywhere.

>aren't wild potatos and yams mostly grass lands and desert animals?

Usually they're plants.

no, he was actually pretty good about that, thought about the alcohol content and if it wasn't a spirit then it just petered out. He had very obviously never smoked weed before though, i had intended to use it as something to throw people off balance but he listed the effects as way stronger than they should've been.

PO-TA-TOES? Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew?

to be fair it tends to hit small people like goblins and halflings pretty hard.

Ladies.

I imagine it'd be like their version of ecstasy.

Under rated post

Tits and tatos. Best in life.

I've been doing a super continent as my current and long-term fantasy realm, soooooOOooOoo(oo);

The Columbian exchange isn't entirely relevant to it.
I'm under the impression everyone's crops & livestock would be fairly homogeneous with the only variation being caused by temperature/climate differences.

I jus' love me some a dem fried taters.

Potatoes AND tits?

I believe we can cone to an agreement on this deal.

keep your potatoes, I want that useless meat

s2 never ;_;

But not always.

There are bound to be some wild potato desert animals out there.

PoTIToes...

3 potatoes, is good day in Latvia

This time!
WILL BE DIFFERENT!

Potato is essence of Slav power.

How many potatoes does it take to kill an irishman?

zero

That isn't corn.

Stupid Potato!

>maou and yuusha has the same VAs as holo and lawrence

damn if that isn't fucked up.

its a joke user

just like your existence

Stalin meets with politburo and asks the comrades if they had any Ukrainian cuisine this year.

No? Well, neither did they.

N-NANI?

>make them lethargic and unworried
Your DM might be an idiot then, it also makes you paranoid.

What's the difference between a black man and cancer?

cancer can get Jobs

oh shit a dragon turtle

Of all the things that didn't happen...

This is the story of Mr. Tulip from Terry Pratchett's book "The Truth", word for word. I don't mind people borrowing ideas from books, but there should at least be a hint of self-awareness or acknowledgement.
wiki.lspace.org/mediawiki/Mr._Tulip

Oh it was pretty acknowledged in the thread it came from, the cap is just missing the prior few comments about stealing characters for discworld, hence the:
>(10 points for whoever recognizes these two)

If they are left in the sun, or if they sit too long, they produce nightshade toxins. They'll usually turn green at the same time but the two don't necessarily go together, so you can't even rely upon that as an indicator. Also they may just go bad after a year.

Not storing your food like a dumbass is usually good enough to avert this crisis however.