How do you like your evil cults?

How do you like your evil cults?

Islamic. Comes with extra child rape.

Semi secretive, enough to make the players question if any NPC they encounter belongs to it. Bonus points if they start doubting each other.

With cage-antennas.

Competing with each other, both physically and spiritually, on a regular basis.

With supple a nubile choir boys that I give the communion wine to to prepare them for holy estacy

As a cover for EVIL CAPITALISTS

Ahh...

Read that as "evil catapults". Well, why not have a cult based on worshipping sentient, malevolent siege equipment...

I like them to secretly be the good guys, but in a way that does not at all diminish the terrible evil they're doing.

Korean style.
RL beats fantasy.

Dead. Next question?

Meh, story time
>No green text

I was using my own system (an unholy mix of AD&D, D20, Rifts, & Fudge), though the setting was Rifts Space.

Players kept screwing up important rolls, just really bad rolls at really important times. Spent the most of their time as space bums in an extremely dilapidated ship. The party could barely pay for life support and fuel, so maintenance went unpainted until the ship got trashed.

Took out loan on a new ship, take a mission from a criminal empire to clear a world for colonization. Arm themselves with rocket launchers and kill off competitive colonizers. Players kill a horde of locals trying to release their enslaved families from the colonizers, but then they release the families because fuckit. Long story short, they are worshiped as powerful magic gods who shot fire out of their staffs (i.e. rocket launchers).

Leave the would and collect their pay. They travel around for a bit until they are destitute again, space buns once again. Can't pay maintenance, can't pay off loan debt, no life support, and only two jumps worth of fuel.

Jump to criminal empire and start killing everyone, best rolls I've seen in months. A complete slaughter. When they finish, they jumped back to the feral world and just lived their as gods.

*soft chuckle*

But, user, those are the same.

I like mine with a kiss.

...wait, what?

Can I fondle your leather-clad tits?

Incestious.

Like modern day Russia.

The place where criminals, clergy, corporations and the government intersects.

One giant shitheap of cyberpunkian capitalism.

Really makes you think innit? Crazies across the Northern border, crazies across the Southern border.

Maybe those Japanese were right all along, and all Koreans are batshit insane.

>the oldfags are pretty chill
>leader is a fanatic
>newfags come in and mindlessly follow the leader and do stupid shit
>oldfags don't like what happened to the cult

yes

sounds like my life

>Appears to be mostly just a novelty thing for nobles to roleplay and not really an evil cult at all
>Members aren't necessarily evil, they just enjoy pretending to be part of an evil cult.
>They meet once a week, taking turns at various noble members' houses
>A typical meeting would include mundane stuff like congratulating a member on having a child, or determining who will bring cakes for a future meeting, but dressed up in an evil cultish manner (Cake OF DOOM)
>However it is actually a genuine evil cult - only the leader knows this, and he puts poison in the cake (of doom) to create a mass sacrifice for his demonic lord

Could be worse; you could live in a country where there's a theory that says that literally everyone who's a part of the political party that isn't that of the president-elect are all child-raping satanists who do their business out of a single pizza parlor.

It is just cronysm with some old school sensationalism attached to it.

Wouldn't that be 14th century Rome?

A cult of evil old people dedicated to winning the village of the year award at any cost.

>there are two cults
>one committed itself to the forces of good, straying from any sins, hoping for the blessings of heavens
>the other sold themselves to the daemons
>whose cabbage will be the biggest this year?

Kick up a notch.

The nobles lead branches of the cult.
Comprised of actual cultists.
>They think this game is real?
>Haha. Dumb peasants.

What country?

It's not literally everyone, just an amount that is worrying because contextually it doesn't make sense

USA

Fuck off you preteen edgy atheist-wannabe

Crazy religious Hydra. That is it's an evil secret cult inside of an evil secret organization, very possibly inserted into yet another secret organization. Layers upon layers, with the true core of the cult at the top/bottom

for the greater good

THE GREATER GOOD

Sounds like pretty much every religion ever after a complete dolt is made a leader

I like it when they skin children and use their skin to summon Male'Zar the Vile

Lilith Abquefarn? I thought that that was Amberly Vail from the Ciaphas Caine books

I really like this.

He prefers the term "alt-religion".