Warhammer 40k general

A general every two hours edition

Last thread
>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Older stuff in PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>As current as the FAQs get
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE CLOWNS):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

First for Pinot Noir

FIRST FOR NURGLE

Third for chaos decimators

I3 in action.

Post army backlogs

Are the thousand suns fun?

I see you are a man of taste

I WANT PICTURES - PICTURES OF HENCHMEN

I have over 200 guardsmen to paint

I want pictures of cheesecake

>select all the food
thanks captcha

get an airbrush

So I've been thinking about the question asked a couple threads ago, that if you had to fit all 40k Factions into 4 books a la AoS, how would you do it?

Obviously first off we have Imperium. Everything in the book is BBs.

Secondly, Chaos, including Daemons, Traitor Legions, Renegades and Heretics... and we can fit Orks in here. Honestly. Just make Gork and Mork the twin 5th Chaos Gods who love a good scrap.

Third book is Xenos Empires. Eldar, Dark Eldar, Corsairs, Exodites, Harlequins, Tau, Kroot Mercs... Necrons. That last one is the toughest sell, due to be ancient enemies with Eldar, but I guess they could reach a mutual agreement to stop Chaos.

Then finally Tyranids and Genestealer Cults.

Rolled 1, 1 = 2 (2d6)

Vengeance for Brother-Captain Vermillion!

Rolling for my to hit and to wound with my melta gun on your Cannoness! Get a taste of your own medicine!

No. If you ignore Magnus (and you should, because otherwise you won't get games), they're one of the worst factions in the game.

I have one

no air compressor though

Lump necrons in with nids imo.

Depends on how the books work.

If everything in the book needs to be able to ally to some extent with the rest of the book, then no.

If they're just compendiums of different Factions, then yeah, that could work.

I have a hard time imagining a time when that shit didn't look like ass.

so i read the skitarii codex and it seems to me that they play like skaven. instead of poison they got radiation and just push right into the enemy - no fucks given.
what else can be said about them?

FAIL.

Hope you had Preferred Enemy.

>Just make Gork and Mork the twin 5th Chaos Gods who love a good scrap.

Terrible. Not even Age of Shitmar did this.

I'm being serious here, think I can win with this?

>and just push right into the enemy - no fucks given

They have less ability to hoard than skaven, so you need to treat them more like an alpha strike, also you should do combined AdMech if you want all your toys.

I don't know why it's bad though, they're just the Warp-reflections of the Orks psychic presence the same way Slaanesh is for Eldar.

Also the idea of getting fluff blurbs in the Daemons section of the Big 4 literally getting slapped around by Gork and Mork at times is hilarious.

6500 points of Orks, 1 painted
2000 points of Nurgle, half primed
1850 points of Eldar, 50% mix of pre-painted and unpainted
And I just bought myself a 1500 point DW army.

>they're just the Warp-reflections of the Orks psychic presence the same way Slaanesh is for Eldar.

Because Slaanesh has dominion over all excess from all beings. Eldar were a MAJOR contributing influence to the birth of Slaanesh, but the excess and desires of all races poured into it in some way.

Gork and Mork only have dominion over Orks. They do not interact with any other races in any way.

Khaine is in a similar position - it's a strictly Eldar god, because it only has dominion over Eldar. Human beliefs have no influence on its being.

Necrons are the only people who could ally with nids, since the hive mind don't give a fuck about them.

Give the hive mind an intelligent personality that is just beginning to awaken to the idea of an alliance, or give the necrons ways to mind control nids.

You know upon close inspection I dont think I have a single fully painted model.

What makes them bad?

>Imperium
>Chaos
>Xenos
- Tau, Eldar(s)
>Destruction
- Orks, GSC, Necron, Tyranids

Sisters of Battle, the Schrödinger's cat of 40k

The faction is not dead or alive.

Aegis Bolter gunline With supporting Exorcists?
Or melee blob with priests?

Rule question : Are KDK considered as CSM faction ?

If they are this means they benefit from the WE bonus from the traitor legions

Which should I choose if I want ultra durable chaos bikers?

Death Guard: T6 and Fnp 5+

Emperor's Children: T5 and FnP 4+ with Icon

I mean I could also go for the potential turn 1 charge with World Eaters but I also want my bikes to survive a shitstorm

Skitarii have such a bullshit fluff. they dont feel like IG at all.
>worshipping not the emperor himself but the machine god
>running into enemy fire to "collect data" even though their equipment is more expensive than standard IP stuff
>disregarding orders in general
>doing their own unauthorized experiments
>interested in chaos tech

Flesh Tearers Supplement link anyone?

This tbqh

No. They're counted as KDK faction. You have to choose if you want the benefits from Traitor Legions or from KDK.

Skitarii aren't IG at all though. They're the Martian Army.

Is this bait?

>worshipping not the emperor himself but the machine god

Nobody tell him

Schrodinger's Cast: plastic sisters are both coming and never coming

Wait, if I take two ordo xenos inquisitors with rad grenades and hang out with angry radioactive skitarii, then assault something T3 or less.. is it just removed from the board...?

Is.. is this the best way to kill pink horror blobs?

What did you expect from the Adeptus Mechanicus? Seriously?

I was like you until a week ago. I said fuck it, and started painting things. It's so much effort and work. If you buy one piece at a time, build and paint it, it's not so bad, but when you look at what is essentially going to be months of work, it's absolutely daunting. Gotta come up with a small one at a time kind of routine.

Order - Imperium
Chaos - it's obvious
Destruction - Nids, Orks, Necrons, GSC
Faggotry - Tau & Eldar

Don't you dare get any more fucking plastic before you paint that backlog you animal.

Damn. KDK still is better I think. Khorne got kinda shafted in this supplement, EC feel better overall at CC than they do.

>rad grenades
If it holds to the old wording it's if one or more units charge that are equipped with Rad grenades... aka you'll only get -1 T

>Now using Enfeeble... that will work

65 for a naked regular version. Maybe 3 Exorcist hidden behind something Rhino high and wide and abuse retarded vehicle rules for shooting.

Why 2 threads?
Anyway reposting
currently not sure how to use alpha legion at 1500 points so I'll be starting froma simple 1000 points format

what do you guys think of this?

also how do I paint metal alpha legion without using an airbrush??

You mean:
Stagnation
Mutation
Degeneration
Destruction

Tyranids need their own book. Not the least of which because anything that remotely allies them with a Faction besides GSC is fluff-rape in the extreme, it destroys one of the most core traits of their fluff.

Also because they should have the same amount of options as the entire Imperium book.

>Faggotry
I've been waiting for a chance to post this!

>A calm hangs over the Battlefield
>The Swarmlord strides forward as does the Overlord of Octarius
>The two stare at each other
>After what seems like an eternity or perhaps just a moment, the two bob their heads at one another and shake hands / claws / Klaws
>The Octarius Orks and the Tyranids pile into each others ships and head straight for Holy Terra.

So are Priests still 0-5 and don't take an hq slot?

I like the way you think, user.

Actually you need 4 different Inquistor charging the same unit the same turn but at different times.

Is the only way to remove and ignore everything since when something reaches T0 it is simply remove from the game.

Or
Nurgle
Tzeentch
Slaanesh
Khorne

>itt: 40kgen is still occupied by Mad-mech poster

I dunno user,
it's startling that someone doesn't get the whole "sci-fi principle of the holy trinity but for retards" concept.

Then use GSC as an excuse to ally nids.

Let prominent cults command NID forces as extensions of the hive mind, using their knowledge of galactic politics to ease the hive minds conquest. Of course, the hive mind will inevitably betray all alliances, but for now it is content to conserve biomass with strategic alliances made possible with genestealer cults.

Any battlebrother allies could be fluffed as cult compromised worlds. This would also have the benefit of opening up genestealer fluff to things other than humans.

So I think humanity, chaos, xenos, work as divisions.

a question to the old w40k players:
what were the first armies and which one is the latest one? what were your thoughts when certain armies were introduced?

Nurgle won't evaporate to s10 like slaanesh will

Nurgle needs 6 to wound for s4

My vote is nurgle

>Gork and Mork only have dominion over Orks. They do not interact with any other races in any way.
Diggas?

No, they just ape orks.

yeah....nah

Ultramarines

Alpha Legion with the new supplement

So, completely destroy the point of Gcult fluff AND nid fluff?

Nah.

>>give each inquisitor a skitarii vanguard bodyguard

If you're willing to make changes to the fluff that extreme then it's far easier and less of a stretch to put Necrons in the Xenos book and give Tyranids their own Void book.

The point of genestealers are to infiltrate society and make it easier for nids to conquer them. They even get into militaries and take them over.

So just take that and make it bigger. Instead of just getting into imperial units, they can get into Tau, eldar, and Orks.

If you think that destroys fluff, you misunderstand the current fluff.

I'll probably go with that then. My one hang up was the additional I3 the nurgle bikes are stuck with, but then I remembered that they were probably going to have mostly unwieldy weapons/meltas anyway

Yah that too, but if you do not wish to add more rules to the clusterfuck go for 4 inquisitors.

If you some how get 8 to charge a wraith knight you can remove it from the game, not very effective point wise, but fucking worth it just to see the Eldars face.

GSC can't infiltrate Necrons or Eldar, though. Also allying those with Hive Fleets is dumb and ruins a main draw of the race - under current rules you can't even really field Nids and IG together even with GSC, and that's how it should be.

The GSC fluff says otherwise. Said they infiltrated Eldar Maiden Worlds and Orks (and old fluff had Ork Genestealers). Necrons? No. Tau, Eldar and Orks? Yes.

GSC? Genestealer Cults? Those are a thing again? Fold those back into Tyranids.

Genesteaers can infiltrate any biological society that utilizes sexual reproduction.

They can get started on Ork worlds but they never reach a point of stability like they do with humans.

Eldar Exodite worlds maybe but not CWE.

And in Tau society they might be able to get a cult started in the shadows but not overtake military assets.

SoB command squads new hotness. The new force org is fine with that in mind because they're a solid elites choice, however, trading ObSec troops for rerolling 1s on saves once or game is not worth it at all.

Still, can't wait to try out some command squad goodness. Flamer plas was already doing well for me, but the option of more is fantastic.

Sisters of Battle - 1250
Canoness -140
Mantle, Rosarius, CPlas, Evicerator

Command Squad -200
Flamer + CPlas x4
Hospitaliar
Immolator TLMM

Command Squad -175
CPlas x5
Immolator TLMM

Battle Sisters -135
F+HF
Immolator TLMM

Battle Sisters -135
F+HF
Immolator TLMM

Dominions -170
Melta x4
Immolator TLMM

Dominions -170
Melta x4
Immolator TLMM

Exorcist -125

Really? I felt the world eaters decurion benefit was one of the better one's overall. Their legion tactics make their regular space marines pretty nasty in assault.

>And in Tau society they might be able to get a cult started in the shadows but not overtake military assets

They do this in the GSC codex, though.

>Eldar
There's a craftworld Eldar hybrid in What price Victory.

Not when that society can psychically detect the Broodmind in half a second and has extremely low birth-rates.

I say this as someone who is a huge fan of Tyranids and has read all of their lore going back to 2e. They cannot infiltrate Eldar.

Brace for "badwrongfluff" in 3, 2 1...

They took over mining facilities and science labs. Not Fire Caste stuff. They just went guerilla tactics on their asses.

Time for baby's first list.
Slaanesh Chaos. 1,000 Points. I HATE Emporor's children's color scheme, Pink releases calming hormones in the brain. Purple would have been better. On that note will probably paint my guys purple and black.

The Fire Caste was brought down on them to purge them and they won.

Yes because anime protagonist faction can't lose

They took over an Ethereal to manipulate things politically, but no amount of GSC fluff will justify a player putting down a Riptide Wing and an Endless Swarm on the same side of the table. Tyranids need their own Alliance book, period.

"The mother's seed, G'hait, is sown amongst every race."

"Eldar, ork, tau, hrud... the contagii are an adaptable breed, child.

"Sadly," he said, "Eldar biology is rather less... crude.. than that of humanity. The taint requires many more generations to achieve the primacii mutation. By which time, typically, the hybrid community has been discovered and purged. The eldar are nothing if not vigilant."

"I found Trikara by chance in the course of my travels. She's of the fifteenth or sixteenth generation, as far as I can tell. Heh - utterly insane of course, but quite devastating, I think you'll agree. And she does what she's told. The Eldar mind is a strange thing, G'hait... Brilliant, sharp, multifaceted.. but easily broken. Like a fake diamond."

It's rare though as yes warlocks then to find them easily and the wraithbone carries their thought far so hiding is hard, the craftworld would have to be dying.

Use drugs and incredible luck to get a T9 biker lord.

Are you allergic to paint?

>The "Tau" are all GSC hybrids

Done.

>skaven

disgusting, I only drink the finest unnamed £2.50 "white wine" that Morrison's has to offer.

No.

But time wastend on painting could be used better to do essential conversions.
Like helmets and lasguns for my grots, or making sure my army isn't shamed by having two identical vehicles like some ultrasmurf pleb.

That Obliterator needs the Mark of Slaanesh.

Why are you taking those big units without Icons of Excess?

The fuck is the point of those Chosen?

Where are the Rhinos?

You say this like there isn't precedence for lore to change, even drastically. If all of the books were going to be condensed down to 4, you can bet that they'd 'discover' that the Ethereals and the Genestealers aren't so different, or that the Ethereals can / think they can control Tyranids as well, or that they invent a new mind-control sodomization device that keeps one or the other in line. Or that they'll just change the lore out from the start, not like that's never happened before.

Would anyone be so kind as to point me in the direction of a wrath of Magnus PDF?