Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Furry Rat Packs BTFO Edition
The Whow-Who of Named characters and their kit sub-edition

Previously on HHG:
Shattered legions, tonk advice, BLs slippery slope struck again >HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp
>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC
>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Other new links
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww98.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fe6VFn2St%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww116.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fd2D2z8mF%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww110.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2F1USI8Urn%2Ffile.html
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!LoBA0bqS
www98.zippyshare.com/v/e6VFn2St/file.html
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gNrEzQwPX_I
youtube.com/watch?v=HXEauLpvc6I
youtu.be/EddX9hnhDS4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What rats? What are you talking about?
I like the filename.

So, when will the 30k rules for SoS be due ?

When Inferno comes out.

So February.

No chance of WD rules beforehand, like the Custodians got ?

>childhood is when you idolize Autilion Skorr
>adulthood is when you realize Dynat makes more sense

Whaaaaat nonsense dude. I was trying to make a Coils list with Dynat and two Saboteurs, but turns out I'm leaning more for Skorr now. Even if he's an asshole so obnoxious other traitors go loyalist at the sight of him.

Those weren't the final version anyway

>mfw their weapons are still AP3 and marines have better weapons than the holy armory of emperor himself.

In all seriousness, if their weapons still suck I vote we just houserule(communityrule?) them better. Because it's ridiculous they were anything but AP2 in ANY version of the rules.

I'm looking into properly starting a heresy army. I say properly, because I have previously bought a lot of chinese taghmata (like 3000 points worth) because they look cool.

I now want to start a marine army with proper forgeworld products because even though I think the prices are stupidly high I want to support them, more so now than ever because I've been talking to some of the forgeworld guys and they've been helping me out - I would much rather start a small army and build it slowly so I can work on it with love and care than get everything at once and lose all motivation. I'm thinking world eaters because I really like their colour scheme, I love the dice FW sells and I've been watching battle reports and they look a lot of fun.

What's a good starting point for an army, nothing too big to start with because money (though I do have lots of super heavies I can bring in if required for larger points.)
>also do you need both the £32 red books to play or just one?

>childhood is when you idolize the alpha legion
>adulthood is when you realize any other legion whatsoever makes more sense
Fixed that for you.

completely fluffy and true to the actual Paramar campaign, Dynat with Armored Spearhead is just so fucking good

Dynat is the most versatile praetor you could wish for. Besides the army-wide buff and the excellent warlord trait, he also has a cognis-signum which makes him great in a plasma support squad. Comes with a phospex grenade for when something nasty gets close. Also no pushover in CC for sure.

No eternal warrior though, but that might have been too much

>Childhood is idolizing any HH faction or character
>Adulthood is realizing it's simply a toy-soldier game played with dice.
I don't want to grow up.

I realized Dynat is meant for non-AL RoWs, versatile yet powerful like a good AL should be. I simply postponed a list with him, but I was indeed thinking an armoured force Paramar style.
Thing is, I don't know what is worthy of deep striking on its own: a unit cannot confer the deepstrike rule to its transport, this isn't flying Land Raider times ft Blood Angels.

Hi AWG how's the brink of death looking today?

P L A S M A

Think of it as a free drop pod for any sized unit

What the fuck are you on about?

Bakersfield in winter is pretty depressing but don't give up hope yet.

Or at least make sure to buy enough rope

But they'll be die. Is a forlone hope the only logical conclusion?

What? Why the fuck are you telling people in /hhg/ to commit suicide? I'm not AWG, and even if I was that's a shitty way to behave. I hope you get the carnacs, because you clearly don't deserve a quality thread if this is how you behave when someone makes a joke. You monumental cunt.

Eh, 10 Lernaean, or 10 terminators with combi-plasma have pretty good odds of surviving.

Personally I also like deep-striking my Saboteur with combi-melta to make sure he aces two vehicles in a single turn.

youtu.be/gNrEzQwPX_I

Ayyy

You're not fooling anyone.

Dont let him trigger, you are bigger.

>I hope you get the carnacs
Motherfucking keked
>because you clearly don't deserve a quality thread
Heeey, I'm also here. I just wanted tactica help, why must I suffer alongside that one?
Also, I tried finding that Dr. House vid of him saying "I was expecting you, Cuddy" each time someone opened the door like three times before the actual Cuddy stepped in. Couldn't find it.
>I also like deep-striking my Saboteur
I thought they could only ever arrive via Outflank. As for the termies, or anyone really, I guess combi-meltas would be fine since artillery cannot get Armoured Ceramite, and Dynat allows the reroll of the scatter dice.

make sure to have a roof sturdy enough to support you as well

Nope saboteurs must start in reserve and they naturally have outflank, so that's the default option, but deep strike works just fine too

Blow up dem tonks.

> P u r a s u m a a a a
What the fuck did I just watch? Why the fuck can't I stop listening to that song? What the hell did you do to me?!
I bet this is one of the Alpha legion memetic agents, just like one of my Black library novels.

I actually like thinking of it as a game mode than anything. Feels good to discuss it and treat it like any other good form of media, and I don't have to be an autistic fuck all the time.

It's all a game, one I care about and have tons of fun with. It's keeping the inner child alive and awake and taking some dullnes away from the daily grind.

>and I don't have to be an autistic fuck all the time.
It's like you don't enjoy your anger or something :^)

I state truths, nothing else. If that makes you want to buy it, that's up to you.

Hey feel free to melta shit too, you're pretty reliable at getting behind vehicles with the reroll

Rapiers are majority Infantry units, could deep strike those for some god awful reason

>not deepstriking 3 quad mortar rapiers behind a knight and killing it with sicknasty shatter shell noscopes
its like you ar casul or something

I thought about this one, but then I remembered they cannot do much the turn they arrive, since they don't have Relentless, as is forgetting.

Also, Rapiers killing that Mastodon was a statistical unicorn, get over it.

Yeah I'm gonna go read their fluff in the HH books again, I only skimmed it.

Go forth with confidence.

The game is Goemon for N64, the guy is a fortune teller named "Purasma". His catch phrase is his name and saying "pu pu pu pu" as the begin of plasma in the intervalls he is not telling you your fortune.

Lots of good childhood memories and amazing muisc,kek.

>Also , Purasma is your key word.Good luck Mr sleeper agent.

i know they dont have relentless, thats what the noscope part is meant to represent

>>Also , Purasma is your key word.Good luck Mr sleeper agent.
I feel itchy all over, please stop doing this to me

In that case, deep-striking 10 lascannon totting heavy support marines sounds more epic

Not your pal, but the deepest lore here is that ferrus and his sons were like cast iron. Fucking resilient but to rigid, Fulgrim and Horus betraying him made him snap and got him killed. Whats left is the repaired, cyberfied version.

I think I read a quote that had him talk about the future they were working for and that he noticed how the Great Crusade dehumanised him and his men (Flesh is Weak), but he said that this should be remedied best after finishing the great work.

Makes you think about whether or not the Emperor considered how the hand off of entire legions of super invincible space warrior ninja marines to individuals who might not give the fate of humankind much consideration could ultimately result in destructive consequences on a galactic scale

>"They are not my hands. This fact is forgotten by my brothers - inexplicably, it has always seemed to me. The hands are strong, to be sure, and have created great things for us all, but they are not mine. And that counts for something. They forget that the silver on my arms comes from a beast that I vanquished. It is the mark of a great evil that I ended, and yet it persists within me... I would struggle to remove it now... I will not remove the silver from my flesh because I have learned to depend on it. The fault is with my mind. I rely on the augmentation given to me by my metal gauntlets, so much so that the flesh beneath them is now little more than a distant memory... A day will come when I will strip it from me, lest I lose the power to master myself forever. Already my Legion's warriors replace their shield hands with metal in my honour, and so they too are learning to doubt the natural strength of their bodies. They must be weaned off this practice before it becomes a mania for them. Hatred of what is natural, of what is human, is the first and greatest of the corruptions. So I record it here: when the time comes, I will strip my hands of their unnatural silver. I will instruct my Legion to recant their distrust of the flesh. I will turn them away from the gifts of the machine and bid them relearn the mysteries of flesh, bone and blood. When my fathers' Crusade is over, this shall be my sacred task. When the fighting is done, I shall cure my Legion and myself. For if fighting is all there is, if we may never pause to reflect on what such devotion to strength is doing to us, then our compulsion will only grow. Already I see the madness that path leads to, and so I shall excise the silver from my hands. In doing so I shall weaken myself and my sons, but nonetheless it must be done. The hands are strong, and have created great things, but they are not mine."
Like the Sons of Horus? :^)

He is a forgesmith. He saw the Great Crusade for what it was - an ongoing project to forge a piece of brittle shit into the greatest thing ever. And then suddenly theres some flareups in the project, doesn't mean you just ditch the thing and move on to the next project. You keep going and try to turn a bad thing into a good thing, because thats what a good smith does.

And then his fellow smiths shivved him in the back because fuck blacksmithy.

What was the Great Crusade era Iron Hand's warcry? I only found "the flesh is weak", whic is pist heresy.

Personal opinion, but any legion who had their primarch get stomped right in their faces would fall apart save world eaters and alpha legion, because they don't give a shit for different reasons. I think that is a convenient metaphor applied in hindsight. I also think its BL shit.

Sons of Horus clearly were pro-Earth, which is why Horus had to go to the great trouble of getting all of the pro-Earth Wolves killed.

Iron Hands lost their Primarch, and then soonafter lost almost all of their Great Clan leaders when they got together to try to avenge their Primarch. So they lost their head leadership twice and basically fell into civil disorder for the remainder of the heresy, with hot shots taking matters into their own hands.

Putting horus in charge was his consideration, as horus was best suited to managing the various retards without making them freak out.

The problem is horus became a retard himself after the emperor left him to his own devices, which is unfortunate but ultimately not something he could have predicted.

>ACHTSHUALLY IN MASTER OF MA-
no shut up

anyways it's space hulk time
youtube.com/watch?v=HXEauLpvc6I

I've got it preloaded waiting for me after work. Is it any good?

yeah

I'm easily pleased, though.

Nothing went as planned, user, see pic related.
I hear they like to steal other legions' warcries.

Best Primarch,where is it from?

How did Pert and Ferrus get along, by the way?

>tfw still waiting for the hard book copy in June 2017

>Personal opinion, but any legion who had their primarch get stomped right in their faces would fall apart save world eaters and alpha legion
We would certainly have a sensible chuckle.

I don't think Horus!Kirby is an effective Warmaster.

I guess, I sort of like the IH bit.
Same with Super Dad Horus who gets introduced. I honestly have more problems with them being 3meters tall.

I only read Forgeworld books, so I think Pert and Ferrus didn't interact much?

Horus!Kirby would have killed the Emperor

Oh now that's just adorable

Pert wanted to know if Ferrus's hands allowed him to sense the Eye of Terror to see if he wasn't the only one.
But he has no arms! And even if he does they're stubby little arms! How can he hold Worldbreaker with no fingers?

Horus Luperkirby absorbed the powers of chaos. He was the supreme being.
This, both of them.

I dud call Iron Fathers War Smiths last thread, but even I know not to touch the IWs war cry.

It's not really the same. The iron hands literally failed. Perturbo turn coated. If perturbo was the master of siege and at the siege of terra literally failed to breached the walls and then was killed by dorn. You would have a comparable failure.

What a fucking badass. First thing he does is ram his disabled ship into another ship's ass. Second thing he does is play Minecraft. Last thing he does is scream obscenities from the bowels of a Mechanicum hellhole while he is being rebuilt into an absolute monster.

...what? Antenna arms?

>Worldbreaker
>literally could not break the Inner Sanctum, let alone Terra

all hype

What are you on about ? The walls of the imperial palace got most definitely breached, they just needed a lot of time fighting through a palace the size of a continent.

And then Horus fucked it all up by goin "1v1 me bruh !"

>IF as in if that happened. Fuck sake.

>Bitches don't know about my Worldbreaker flip
I'm just poking some fun bro :)
Whaaaaaaaaaaat. Deepest lore.
>After the webway project failed, the Emperor focused his efforts on fallback plan A.

>they just needed a lot of time
Time they didn't have, with the wolves and dangles coming in full strength from their deployments on the edges of known space.

Or, if you believe retcon library, the dangles and ultramarines coming (because the wolves have lost like 99% of their legion doing dumb shit that never happened in the original stories)

The siege failed. Horus' 1v1 me gambit was the only option he had to kill the emperor.

With the coming retconns I'm not sure what to believe anymore...

>And then Horus fucked it all up by goin "1v1 me bruh !"
All the loyalists were trying to reach Terra. After seeing the siege wasn't going as fast as he needed (duh, as if sieges were a fast affair) he decided for a quicker gambit.
I mean srsly, if Terra fell in a single decade that would have been damn fast.

Didn't the siege take like 3 months before Horus saw the tide of incoming blue smurfs on the psychic radar and go fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck?

No worries, just love.

Should he have waited for the Gillman and the Dank Angels to rip him even more assholes?

>People seem to forget that Space Marines get implanted additional onesin their armpits.

>...what? Antenna arms?
I read Athena arms. She was the goddess of war, after all.

Sure. I mean, it was kind of a stalemate. The loyalists were indeed losing, but just not fast enough, and the SW, DA and UM were going to arrive and shit was going to go bad.
So Horus lowered the shields, and Emps, believing they wouldn't last long enough for the rest of the loyalists to arrive, took the bait.

They both died.

Tactical squads in rhinos seem resilient enough to me, but are they killy?
Some user said once that he considered Despoilers in Rhinos to be better than footslogging full squads (no ammo store defense line) because of the Sweep Advance chance.
Was he correct?

>Emps, believing they wouldn't last long enough for the rest of the loyalists to arrive, took the bait.

Is this new lore again? Emps clearly wanted to confront Horus and see for Himself how His greatest son fell, and had little to do with strategic need.

no, they arent killy, because they only have bolters and s4 at ws4
they exist to hold objectives and maybe fury of the legion someone

>and Emps, believing they wouldn't last long enough for the rest of the loyalists to arrive
The Emperor didn't know about the reinforcements. Horus deliberately blocked it so he'd take his bait. Otherwise the Emperor could have sat pretty in the palace and waited for Horus to get his balls punched off by two full legions.

At least, in the good fluff that's what happened.

All I can tell you is one time I saw an Invictarus squad deploying in turn 1 alongside a Rhino, and then a Fellglaive vaporized the entire Invictarus squad but the Rhino was fine.

I was just trying to say to the IW fan that if everything they had been trained to believe was proven wrong in an undeniable way, they would fold and the double down in a similar way. Perty going traitor why you were away, and then you have some siege is literally nothing compared to the core belief you've basically been indoctrinated into believe failing before your eyes.

>IH weakness intolerable
>IH failure is weakness
>IH Ferrus gets Stomped
>IH Ferrus was weak? Does not compute
>IH run PURE HATE.exe
>IH we lost agian? Does not compute
>IH Find weakness FIND it!
>IH The flesh is weak
>IH Iron hands stronk flesh is weak. Give me a dreadnought techfaggot

20 rapid fire bolter shots still hurt. You just gotta pick the right targets, and have them stay inside the metal boxes untill the time to strike.
And gang up on a unit of course.

I thought Malcador and Dorn told Emps to stay in the fucking castle, but Emps was like no this shit ends now.

>by two full legions.
None of the legions were full strength at this point user.

Oh He didn't know? Ok that makes more sense.

>20 rapid fire bolter shots still hurt
Nah. I think you need 9 shots to kill a single marine.
20*(2/3)*(1/2)*(1/3) = 20/9 = 2.222

Would not wrestle her.

>Judo with girls can net you some dates, funny enouh.

It would make more sense if Iron Hands completely lost faith in humanity circa End Times (and end up looking to Necrons for some form of salvation). Iron Hands basically got curbstomped during the opening hours of the Heresy because "first world problems and Chaos is the cure" and humanity hasn't really gotten off the corruption bandwagon ever since.

Do not discount the reality-warping power of dicehammer.

It matters if that marine is part of a heavy weapon team for example. But the main part is that with the rhinos it becomes more easy to gather 2-3 tactical squads and have them all fire on a single, isolated unit.

But that might be my inner Alpharius talking

Why would they look to xenos? Literally more weakness. They'd rather kill themselves.

Reading through the IH fluff again, I remember why I didn't like them. user glazed over it last thread.

In the old fluff, they were.

Prospero happened before the heresy broke out. The wolves and dark angels didn't take part in the heresy proper because of Horus' deception (much like how he lured the ultramarines away). He didn't expect to spend much time cracking earth because of his vast advantage in numbers, which is why he only bothered to pin the most troublesome legion in place.

If we're talking about modern HH fluff, I don't fucking know. They keep changing small details about the siege.

But in the old fluff, the whole shield lowering thing was a ruse to distract and kill the emperor before he could realize help was on the way.

>Why would they look to xenos? Literally more weakness.

(Old) IH mentality is basically "everything is weak, everyone should be metal boxes, if everyone were metal boxes then everything would be fine." Necrons aren't an avenue to salvation, but their long lived existence would have surely been an inspiration for IH corruption (before recent efforts to reform the Chapter).

>Relying on math when only faith in the dice gods will save you on the table.

I do like them hating weakness. As in, it's servitor conversion for the regiments that fail them.

I love the HATE! RoW the hands got, the reverse of Head of the Gorgon.

youtu.be/EddX9hnhDS4

Generally speaking, you want Tactical Rhinos to go around lobbing nades at lone vehicles (like Whirlwind Scorpius) or securing objectives anyway. Unless you only run kill em all games with no objectives, but thats no fun.

FotL are they slightly killy, Despoilers also slightly killy. But they exist to score. It's a losing fight for both types engaging each other or anything else alone.

If you want killy compulsory troops then Assault Marines are the way to go. More power weapons and packs.

Tacs in rhinos are the golden standard. Usually gives them an extra turn to survive.