Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Which is your favorite new super-sugoi 1pp prestige class? Is it back to the old arcanist/psion/psychic/sorcerer/witch/wizard + Evangelist with Prestigious Spellcaster?

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

archivesofnethys.com/DeityDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Haagenti
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Looking forward to seeing what all this book has to offer. Not sure about this class, depends on what the Eldest grant.

Is there a way to tastefully kill of a characters family in a backstory?

Have them die of illness or childbirth. No chance of foul play because of those things, and they actually were pretty common in those times that Fantasy games are meant to represent.

Illness, childhood, old age, accidents. Something that doesn't stand out much, and something your character isn't massively hung up over.

Just present it as a thing that happened, as a fact of life.

War if they live in the country side. If they live in a fortified city? Plague.

New rule: Your character's max level is equal to their number of living parents, siblings, or children

Use it to present a plot hook that helps tie you to the world, or to the campaign as you know it. Either a distinctive creature/villain killed them, an organization that figures into the area the campaign will take place in, or the culprit was someone involved with a major antagonist the GM has already told you about (Gaedren Lamm in Curse of the Crimson Throne, for example).

>milfposting again

What are the best Paizo-only classes starting at level one? Gestalt game, GM didn't want anything third-party.

Another example is like, the three characters in Rise of the Jade Regent who've got dead people from the fire.

>purify a Chromatic Dragon egg

What does this get you, anyway?

Oradin - that is, the Oracle and Paladin, is the greatest 1pp gestalt combination out there, easily rivaling the stronger 3pp builds possible.

Do half siblings count?
If they do, does sibling child count as one or two levels?

>children
It's time to stop.

From level one? I dunno. GM's pacing is a little slow, I don't think we'll be leveling up much at all. I'm looking for something that will work from the word 'go' and not something that'll be good five-ten levels from now.

>sibling-child

we're approaching dangerous territory here

>level 1 start
>slow leveling

If you're not at least level 3 within the first few sessions, something is very, very wrong.
Noble Scion (War) Feat + Lunar Oracle||Paladin Gestalt a best.

So here are few deaths that happen in some of my character's backstories:
>brother died while off to war
>mother died in childbirth
>father died of strangle cough
>mother died by being kicked in the head by a horse
>sister died when she was young and got sick from something unknown
>father died by getting shanked in bar room brawl, killer was hanged a month later
>strangled father to death
>brother disappeared, found later having broken his leg after falling down small chasm, dies of exposure
>sister spontaneously combusted
>brother joined gang, died in gang violence during teenage years
>mother died in large fire
>father dies of alcohol poisoning
>brother died of syphilis

If it was not clear these are different characters.

Who would those be? Also isn't that bad since that's tehcnically using meta knowledge, granted Rise of the Runelords is by far the most common AP so it would be hard to not be a little spoiled on it.

Trust me. GM likes to do it slow. We're talking level 3 after... three months or so.

character's current family:

>Andes Harparr, Father
>Brione Harparr, Mother
>Gyles Harparr, Older Brother
>Thurey Harparr, Older Brother
>Elell Harparr, Older Sister
>Rarder Harparr, Younger Brother
>Sane Harparr, Younger Sister
>Abet Harparr, Grandmother
>Joycie Payne, Grandmother
>Rasmundus Payne, Great Great Uncle
>Nieles Payne Sr, Great Grandfather
>Nieles Payne Jr, Grandfather
>Nieles Payne II, Uncle
>Alel Payne, Cousin
>Annel Payne, Aunt
>Joane Payne, Cousin
>Mera Payne, Cousin
>Rewilh Harparr, Uncle
>Hony Harparr, Uncle
>Yellis Harparr, Aunt
>Mickel Harparr, Cousin
>Alice Belmont, Great Aunt
>Rickard Belmont, Great Uncle
>Hepmon Belmont, First Cousin Once Removed
>Ullis Belmont, First Cousin Once Removed
>Ivar Belmont, Second Cousin
>Eilen Belmont, Second Cousin
>Mickey Belmont, Second Cousin Once Removed
>Tyran Belmont, Second Cousin
>Fillman Belmont, Second Cousin
>Helga Milleen, First Cousin Once Removed
>Omar Milleen, First Cousin Once Removed
>Copor Mileen, Second Cousin Once Removed
>Capre Mileen, Second Cousin Once Removed

Get on my level.

>tfw you most recent character idea has all siblings/parents alive, grandparents too.
Long life spans are a hell of a drug.

>sister spontaneously combusted
>strangled father to death
>brother died of syphilis

Some of these seem a bit more... extreme.

Question: When will the path be found? How long does it take?

>Omza's mom
>Casimir's wife
>Noah's sister and father(?)

>level 3 after 3 months
>the implications of likely being level 1 for at least a month

Maybe that's fun for you guys, but level 1 and 2 are absolute garbage, and even my level 1 start-happy GM makes sure we're never there for long. Shit can slow down to a crawl after that.

Oh, and it's not *really* meta-knowledge since the Late Unpleasantness is common knowledge, including the great fire that took out the church and half the town.

We found the Path, user.

You're seeing us on the Path.

The path of pain.

I need help, I need names for mercenary companies. Here is what I got so far:
>The Ash Eaters
>The Silver Guard
>The Crow Men
>The Bloated Toads
>Harindel's First
>Harindel's Third
>The Corpse Talkers
>Four of Seven
>The Amber Rings
>The West Waters
>The Barrel Scrapers

Were we talking only people who had relatives die in the fire, or people who had someone die in the fire as part of their backstory? I could have sworn we had more than those three, if it's the latter.

>Oh, and it's not *really* meta-knowledge since the Late Unpleasantness is common knowledge, including the great fire that took out the church and half the town.
Isn't NToRacle living in said church when the Late Unpleasantness happens?

>The Gold Standard
>The Second Sons
>The Bitter Steel
>The Grand Company

The Sons of the Vulture.

>I could have sworn we had more than those three, if it's the latter.

A quick ctrl+f for "fire" only got me those three characters mentioning the Church Fire.

How's this
>Dad is in foreign land
>Meets woman
>Woman is married to another man
>Shit happens, Dad helps entire family escape bullshit
>he settle into the same city they do
>Has his own family, PC is born but mom dies in child birth. Dad is bitter, but not abusive. Just kind of emotionally neglectful.
>Dad notices PC get's along with Woman's daughter, starts to live vicariously through the PC. The bond but he subtly feeds PC his own bitterness and hangups.
>Woman dies. Dad commits suicide/dies in an accidenthe faked his death and fucked off to try to find a way to have her resurrected, he eventually goes nuts and is implied to have become a serial killer/started working with BBEG

That sounded a lot cooler in my head.

Han Solo's an orphan. So Jin is, too. Who wants to his Wookie buddy?

It's not fun at all for me though. One time I made a soracle and it was a hellish mistake which is why I've come to you guys for advice so I don't mess up again.

Anyone got suggestions besides Oradin? Seems like a good combo, but I figure I should keep my options open a little. At least a wis and int counterpart. I was thinking of Druid or Cleric/Monk for wis. Maybe Wizard/Fighter for Int? It's gotta be something that can take off from level one.

This might not be the popular opinion, but you actually had me up until that spoiler. It's the right kind of raw life that makes it feel like he *had* something, you know? It wasn't butterflies and unicorn farts.

>The White Company
>The Gallow Glasses
>The Routiers

That's all I got and they're just ripped from history. One's even a bad pun.

i'd have to go check for sure, but I know Gil mentioned it. I think the person in question in that instance may have been Nualia, but fuck if I know. One user was claiming that guy was awakened by a magic sword, so it may have just been some tinfoil hat bullshit.

Honestly I can nix that bit. The real point is that I want to emphasis my characters dad/mentor filled his head with some unhealthy ideas, not out of malice but because he was a messed up guy.

>not out of malice but because he was a messed up guy.

I wouldn't say he's *that* messed up, he sounds incredibly human; he met the girl of his dreams and she was fucking another man - a healthy, well-mannered man that wasn't treating her wrong, and filling her with babies in plain view of him in the same city.

That's enough to give anyone some hang-ups, and even if he could push that all down to the subconscious, well, it's all going to come bubbling back up when one of his own starts dating that girl's daughter.

> it's all going to come bubbling back up when one of his own starts dating that girl's daughter.
They really weren't dating, just playing together as children. They were just friends, though the PC did have a crush on her though.

Alright, I'm back, my belly's full, and I have a bunch of images ripped from a PDF.

Is it just me, or does Seelah look whiter in that pic?

Oh the places you'll go

So the Brewkeeper from the last thread. Would be unreasonable to ask if I could be a brewmaster of a different god, but still one of alchemy?

>archivesofnethys.com/DeityDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Haagenti

I want to be a Haggentite Brewkeeper since he governs Alchemy.

>realm of the Fey
>having a static map

what

It actually gets explained later on with an item.

>sea without a shore
>has a very clear shore

Skipping over Feysworn...

Here's that Fey Map

Everything you never cared to know about Gnomes, the original fetishposting race.

And now we get to the Eldest. This is particularly useful for people interested in the Feysworn.

>the original fetishposting race.

Oh my god they really were, remember when we had the ole discussions on Lini and her possible sexual interests?

For some reason I get Sheogorath vibes from this guy.

>elder fey of fucking in the tall grass

I miss those days.

It's a cool idea for a demigod, you're literally living on it.

They were innocent times sure, but we would all be lying if we weren't just as sincere with our lusts then as we are with our Advanced Shitposting now.

It's literally just a Wisp with a crown.

>Legion of lovers
>Literally an insatiable fuck-tree living in a land where any man could be equipped with all sorts of exotic packaging

Jesus Christ.

He looks bored.

I like the design of this one actually, it's a cool Janus thing

Fucking forgot the image.

I guess when you're a dude whose major distinguishing feature is "wears a hood" you get stuck with a lame name.

Hey look, and even MORE unkillable Linnorm!

>chronomancers, samsarans, would-be immortals, and time-travelers
>time travelers

WHAT ABOUT FAFNHEIR

THE FATHER OF ALL LINNORMS ALREADY EXISTS

WHY MAKE A NEW ONE

>living fuckland
>wisp
>wasp
>sexually charged wasps

we're going places even bondage fairies never dreamed of

#FirstWorldHistory

>why make a new one

because paizo is a complete shitter of a company and creatively bankrupt

Alright, time for some random locations

City on the back of a giant elephant looks pretty cool

Actual maps even

That bitch looks way too damn smug, it's making me uncomfortable.

Oh man, i love shit like that. I had a campaign a while ago where there was a giant mechanical spider that moved across the ocean with a city on its back, making it the most effective trade city on the planet.

Not going to lie, having sex up against a tree and then whispering some surprising secret to your lover is open to all sorts of memes.

I'm pretty sure there was a Wasp fucking scene in Bondage Faeries.

Oh god why do I know this?

A much more specific hue of within the range of that chromatic type?

Do *created* sentients count? Like, say you're a good roboticist...

>mfw we will never get an adorable, NG Red Dragon that just wants to do the right thing so she can get paid and roll around in the reward money

Got some good fey deals with the fey bargains here

swarms of sexually charged hellwasps in each orifice as thorny vines hold your adventuring party down, just an appetiser for the main course as the pestilent, insect-ridden spore-covered treant approaches

Brief two pages about the Tane.

Lovin this.

And the Bestiary

is there any other general on Veeky Forums that has more shitty OP images than /pfg/?

>The buyer's promise to carry a mysterious box without opening it for 1 year

WHAT'S IN THE BOX

WHAT'S IN THE FUCKING BOX

The Choxani is kind of interesting looking, although the fact that it's Medium makes the proportions weird

>an engagement ring.
>you ruined the fucking surprise.

Electric dolphins and giant skullmoths

Man that and Alice in Sexland were some of my first forays into hentai.

Good times.