Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Monster Hunter Edition!

What sorts of things have you ported from Monster Hunter, or any other franchise into your games? Share it with us, especially the crunch.

SOOOO TASTY~!

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/bloodrager/bloodrager-bloodlines/paizo---bloodrager-bloodlines/abyssal
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/57871/the-lady-out-of-time
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Profession (Cooking)

You are skilled at preparing exceptionally nourishing meals.

Check: Preparing a meal has a DC of 10 (for a decent meal), 20 (good meal), 30 (extraordinary meal), or 40 (legendary meal). You need ingredients, and a suitable kitchen or equivalent work space. Without a proper kitchen, you take -4 on your cooking check. Cooking without ingredients is impossible.

Decent Meal: Pretty standard fare. A decent meal grants the nourished condition

Good Meal: A good meal, the kind you could expect to find in a particularly expensive restaurant or luxurious inn. In addition to the effects of the nourished condition, a good meal grants a +1 circumstance bonus on fort saves for the condition's duration.

Extraordinary Meal: An incredible meal, the like of which most people will experience only rarely, unless they are quite wealthy. In addition to the effects of a good meal, an extraordinary meal grants 1d8 temporary hit points.

Legendary Meal: A meal of legendary quality. As word gets around of your skill, kings will fight to have you in their kitchens, and beings from other planes will seek you out to experience your masterful creations. A legendary meal grants the nourished condition, as well as a +2 circumstance bonus to all saves, and d8 + (Cook's HD) temporary hit points. Such a meal is so good that creatures who taste it can't bear the thought of dying without tasting it again.

Action: Preparing a meal takes one hour, although a particularly intricate or important meal may take longer, at the GM's discretion.

Try Again: Yes, but every time you prepare a meal any ingredients used are consumed.

Nourished

A nourished character can run as if she possessed the Run feat, and is granted a +1 circumstance bonus to Strength and Dexterity based checks, as well as a +4 circumstance bonus vs effects that cause fatigue or exhaustion. Becoming fatigued or doing anything that would cause fatigue removes this condition. Otherwise, it fades after one hour.

Ingredients

Basic Ingredients: The bare necessities required to create a meal. Price: 1s. Weight: 1/4 lbs.

Extravagant Ingredients: Very extravagant ingredients. Grant a +2 circumstance bonus to a Profession (Cooking) check made to create a meal. Price: 15g. Weight: 1/4 lbs.

Legendary Ingredients: Incredibly hard to find ingredients, of legendary quality. Grant a +5 circumstance bonus to a Profession (Cooking) check made to create a meal. Price: 500g. Weight: 1/4 lbs.
Tools

Cooking Kit: Basic tools required to cook a meal. Price: 5g. Weight: 5 lbs.

Kitchen: This kitchen is used for cooking, and provides a +2 circumstance bonus on Profession (Cooking) checks. It does not provide any ingredients. Without this kitchen, a character with the Profession (Cooking) skill is assumed to have enough tools to use the skill but not enough to get the +2 bonus that the kitchen provides. Price: 200g. Weight: 40 lbs.

>I CAN HEAR IT IN MY MIND

>SOOO TASTY~!

MHP3rd, ah, those days...
I had a Jinouga Vaporizer and I was not afraid to use it.

Monster Harvesting:
When you slay a creature, you may opt to havest it's body for materials. After spending one minute uninnterrupted minute carving up the body of a creature you've slain, you get a colection of useful monster parts equal to 1/4th of XP reward of that creature in gold. You can use this as credit for any craft, however when used for Magical gear, the type/subtype of the monster parts used may alter the effects of the enchantment given at the GM's Discretion. (Icy burst, might become flame burst instead. ect.)

Are there ways to get Dirty Tricks on all of my attacks without having BAB +16?

not that i'm aware of

Hey is there a sheet out there that accounts for PoW stuff so you can write down your stances and maneuvers in a dedicated area? Or should I just get a normal one from the front page of Google and put them into my Special Abilities section?

Is it so wrong that I don't want to play in a game with "lewdness" or ERP. I generally treat sexuality both when GMing and playing as something that exists, but not something I am there to participate in. I come to a game to go on an adventure generally, not describe sexual acts.

I don't know, it just seems like /pfg/ is obsessed with it and I've seen "lewdness" slow games to a halt with "cute" descriptions of kissing and handholding and the like. I don't care for it because it has nothing to do with the grand adventure of the game.

A romance is generally ok in my mind, but not something to be dwelled on and have lots of time devoted to in character besides important interactions. You RP moments of important between the two, not a night in cuddling, because that night has no important to the overall narrative.

I just want to go on a grand adventure without obvious fetish characters.

It's like, 3-4 posters posting fucking non-stop with fucking degen fetishes. Ignore them.

>You RP moments of important between the two, not a night in cuddling, because that night has no important to the overall narrative.

Pretty much this, I'm fine with doing as much depraved kink and fetish as you want, but keep it in a side-channel and fucking warn me about it before you dump that stuff on me.

Most of the Lewd is in fact just fun shitposting. And nobody involved would have the guts or desire to bring it up mid-game unless the rest of the group agreed to it.

Side Channels and after game RP is generally where it all happens.

you say fun shitposting but nobody is having fun while that swimming eagle fuck keeps posting his retarded fetishbait

I don't know how to RP anything beyond cuteposting. Sorry for ruining everything.

How are you supposed to ignore
>80+ players
garbage like the latest ERP (oh, excuse me, ''lewd'') game /pfg/'s churned out, RotJ or whatever they call that mashup? That's the only fucking thing that gets discussed these days, garbage like that. You wanna try to organize a non-lewd game? Enjoy getting laughed out.

Fuck off with your worthless apologism.

If you want to cutepost, just ask someone on the Rizon to do it with you or PM that cute guy you'd really like to pair up with in RotJR, don't do it here.

There's a time and a place for that stuff, and it isn't here.

What characters in RotJR are impacted directly by the Late Unpleasantness?

Aren't you just a bucket of sunshine.

Lilin got her uncle killed by sneaking out at night when Chopper decided to start killing.

>literally 3-4 retarded shitposters, 70 lurkers, 6 normal-ish applicants
don't overexaggerate, you stupid fuck, you're weakening your own argument

Well. Good ending is some pretty good stuff to cutepost. I didn't like how or where it ended though.

go fuck off, just about everybody is trying for some 'lewd' nonsense

So a while ago I saw this happen.

Someone posted about restricted race lists, and someone wanted to run only Humans and part humans, besides half-elves/half-orcs.

A lot of people replied that it was unacceptable to ever restrict race choice.

Then someone posted he restricted to core races and people were saying that was fine.

I don't get it. Does /pfg/ hate race restrictions that much?

>oh shit he's right
>maybe if i tell him to fuck off people will think i'm right

It's shocking how much someone who thinks they're justified can generalize.

>>he's right
In your delusions, maybe.

It's a bit different when the two of you know each other. But I get it. I'll fuck off forever now.

>he's trying this hard to defend his ERP game

Seems like you are the one who is out of place. Maybe you should find another forum to browse?

It's a three-way between Lilin, Noah Tobyn and Casimir.

Lilin is directly responsible for her Uncle getting sliced up, Casimir's wife was killed by Nualia's fire, and Noah fell into a deep depression by the loss of his father from that same fire.

Lilin's reaction was to become a better person as a dutiful guardswoman, Noah's was to go on an ANGER quest that eventually got him an eager waifu, and Casimir fell into a deep depression he's only now crawling out of, and when he sees the light I'm 80% sure he won't want to stay retired for long.

And as I wrote that I got some John Wick vibes.

Oh, I already have. I'm just pointing out once more that /pfg/ is a lost cause.

In short, I came here to laugh at you.

Ricktor lives in the attic of the Sandpoint Chapel.

Return of the Jedi?

Personally I hate race restrictions point blanks, but I /understand/ people restricting things to just the core races, since you're saying "Here's the source we're using."

It's still stupid, since the core races are no better or worse than other races, but it's the sort of stupidity I can get.

I mean, I've made a character that can into lewd, but I'm not exactly keen on ERP'ing with her. Most of it is tongue in cheek good fun though.

If its part of the game I'm going to accommodate a little, otherwise it's sort of being a stick in the mud and not matching the rest of the game.

But then you have some characters that are fetish first and character second.

You don't know me, user. I'm just a username, hardly any different there than I am here. If you wanna cutepost with me, than do it. If you want to do something rougher, ease into it but don't try to pussyfoot.

Nah man, I would never want anything to do with lewd games and I post here a lot

I deeply regret contributing to the original thread where we figured out dick size calculations

It is okay user. We will still accept you here, no matter what.

>placed exactly a minute apart, when the posts he's responding to were twenty seconds apart

When was the late unpleasantness relative to book one of rise of the rune lords? 10 years ago? 5?

The thing is many people plead for people to stop feitsh posting. It's a vocal minority on both sides and many people who are apathetic.

You know who's really to blame for all this?

That Nightfall faggot.

Funny thing is i hardly posted at all last thread. i was caught up making this one.

The reasoning the guy had was it was a custom setting and not all races were in that setting.

This is what I don't understand. Is it a sin to not include every race in your setting?

You bite your tongue, Sir.

Five years ago. 4602 AR, Burnt Offerings is 4607.

How dare you, you cock-headed fuckmonger

Thumb, you dullard. It's biting your THUMB.

Vintage

NToRacle lives in the attic of A church, not Sandpoint Chapel.

Casimir, Omza, Lilln, Noah, Riktor
Casimir lost his wife

Omza lost his mother, though his backstory may have changed because his contacts says she was just injured severely.

Liln lost an uncle to chopper

Noah lost his father and sister.

Riktor was apparently living there.

This is exactly what I was hoping for and was not disappointed in the least.

Listen to this tryhard, acting like he knows things. Well you dont know me!

Okay, yeah, fine. But in this oppression Olympics, who got the gold?

Who suffered the strongest from the Late Unpleasantness?

Of all the suffering in Ricktor's backstory his house burning down is probably the least bad.

All my characters are nearly completely divorced from the Late Unpleasantness. Unless kaijitisus were involved and i didn't know about it.

There was a lot of bad shit that happened in a year The only Kaijitsu relevant thing is Atsui dying because Lonjiku murders her

In character it's something that any Sandpoint native should know about.

Noah's got the most trauma, though IIRC he's one of the withdrawn characters.

Casimir seems to be taking it the worst, since everything I've seen casts him as sort of lost after the death of his wife.

Lilin mourned it, but it turned her into a better person, from a bully to a law officer.

Question, if I take Weapon Group Adaptation (Unarmed), do I need to take Improved Unarmed or do I act like a Monk, able to use it as a weapon regardless? And if not, why bother taking it? Doesn't pretty much everyone have unimproved proficiency with their fists?

Is it bad if I have the urge to write short stories featuring characters I've played from various campaigns all meeting each other?

By the same token, is it bad to really want to build an entire party and use them as NPC's for future campaigns if I ever manage to run them?

Finally, should I feel bad for wanting to play an Undead character?

you can tap into multiple ley lines, right?

the BBEG happens to live on top of 4 and the idea of him having access to FOUR CL20 leylines is hilarious but they're probably not CL20

No.

No.

FUCK NO, PLAY IT.

No, borderline, and depends on what kind of one you want to play.

I need help.

My DM is very against us acquiring wealth. From when we started at 5th level, to just hitting 8th now, I've gained a total of about 1000 gold, which was quickly spent when I got it.

How does an 8th level wizard strapped for cash acquire a large amount of onyx? The rest of the party is an Oracle, Magus, Monk, and Unchained Monk.

Hey guys, I'm terrible at finding games over roll20. Do you have any suggestions of stuff I can apply to.

I'd prefer to not play in a "lewd" or ERP game, but am really open to playing with 3pp or not. I'm good with either.

Please help.

>Hey guys, I'm terrible at finding games over roll20. Do you have any suggestions of stuff I can apply to.

Lemme do a search, what are your times and dates?

Bounty Hunter Slayer, as long as you can generate sneak attacks reliably.

Steal it, offer to go on your next quest for it as the reward, or (my personal suggestion) settle down at the next town and open a profitable business until your GM realizes that it's either he stops being an asshole or you stop following his plot.

You take words of power - Death and laugh at your DMs attempt to pick up the pieces of his shattered world.

Tell your GM the game is not supposed to function under these conditions and it fucks martials sideways. Talk to him calmly and present your case, particularly for the chained monk.

I work full so I am only really available in the evenings after 6. I'm in PST. I can make pretty much any day work.

Explain to your DM that he's being a cunt and characters are basically designed need a certain amount of wealth to function - without it they're well behind the power curve.

Wealth is basically a second track of experience.

Your other option is to abandon ship.

From most to least suffering.

Eh, I'd say Casimir was hit hardest being the oldest and losing his wife. Probably had his life disrupted the most by the lost

Noah lost a father and sister, so that has to fucking suck.

Omza got depressed for a bit and stayed in town despite not wanting to. Though his backstory changed, so it's hard to say.

Liln became a sheriff.

So I know how to optimize profession/craft rolls to make money.

Also stealing will make you money.

Take some downtime in character and apply Craft/Perform/Profession to get cash.

my DM throws gold around like its nothing
i got 5k gold from a night of gambling at level 3

We're currently halfway through aiding an undead invasion of a kingdom, there's nowhere really to settle down sadly. I'm just trying to supplement our armies dwindling resources, while also having my own horde. Apparently they lost their original wizard that made the army. I'm not sure how they're still controlling it, DM fiat possibly.

What the fuck did they do to the Darechaser

How could they literally give it a class feature that becomes WORSE as you level up

Here's how I fix that shit dare ability

>Level 1: Dice explodes only on a 6
>Level 5: 1st dice explodes on 5 or 6 (treat as 6), second dice explodes only on 6
>Level 10: 1st dice explodes on 4, 5 or 6 (treat as 6), second dice explodes on 5 or 6, third dice only explodes on 6

It doesn't make the class any better, but holy SHIT does it aggravate me as is.

So who suffered the most out of all the characters in general? Riktor?

Stupid question time: Explain unarmed attacks to me.
If someone were to make an unarmed attack, do they get two attacks-one for each hand-as if they were dual wielding, or do they only get extra attacks from things like high BAB or a monk's flurry.

On a related note, are the claws gained from various bloodlines strictly better than a monk's unarmed strike because it gives two attacks?
d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/bloodrager/bloodrager-bloodlines/paizo---bloodrager-bloodlines/abyssal

>NToRacle suffered so little he's not even on the list

You only get extra attacks from stuff like Bab, flurry, twf.

Claws, it's hard to say. They're stronger at low levels but become shit at high levels. You also don't get stuff like style feats with them.

>complains about thread being full of circlejerking and bullies some poor anons
>still circlejerks it to meme RotJR characters
Never change /pfg/. Never change.

Well the guy clarified that he didn't live in the chaplet that burned down, just "a chapel".

all creatures possess proficiency in unarmed strikes. the point of taking WGA (unarmed) is so you can use unarmed strikes as a discipline weapon with a normally non-unarmed discipline.

the backstory doesn't actually specify what chapel, could have been the same one

>They're stronger at low levels but become shit at high levels
Do the claws not get extra attacks for high BAB?

Start stripping everything/one you come across that isn't both on your side and alive.

Got it, not that it matters anyway, apparently the Stalker has a thing that allows me to get IUS as a stalker art.

>I work full so I am only really available in the evenings after 6. I'm in PST. I can make pretty much any day work.

How's this look?

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/57871/the-lady-out-of-time

>still circlejerks it to meme RotJR characters
At least they're not talking about who they want to fuck now. I wouldn't mind the discussion if it didn't revolve around muh cute and muh fetishes.

What was the last truly amazing piece of treasure that you got, the one thing that you would gladly fight your teammates for if they tried to take it away from you? Or, at the very least, would fuss about?

Don't you know, user?

You cannot succeed. Your cause is hopeless.

I was in a kingmaker party that nearly imploded over who got the naked elf figurine.

Your dates are off by a century. 4702 is late unpleasantness. 4707 is start of burnt offerings.

They're jerking it to "muh tragic past" now. You really think that's not cringe worthy either?

Yup, mistyped.

Take, and insist on selling, EVERYTHING.
those books
those shelves
those tables
those chairs
those doors
those magical symbols on the floor
you know what, fuck it, take the whole fucking floor

One copper at a time, and don't let him handwave a single penny away

>I wouldn't mind the discussion if it didn't revolve around muh cute and muh fetishes.

Now I don't know if you're part of the group or know enough about them from reading here to answer this, but are there any characters you'd actually want to discuss a little?

And I don't really mean the personality or traits they have, but the backstory and where they've been? A question that's cropped up a lot in late threads has been "we need to talk more about the kingdoms less taken or paths less traveled" so, why not? Do any of them have organizations, kingdoms or even just regions they've been in that would be worth a talk?

Ooh, that's a tough one! I can't really give a solid answer, but I'd say things got really heated when we started fighting for a fist-sized flawless ruby.

Not really, no. Since it's less "oh boo hoo" and more how many characters were affected by X event. It would be like someone tallying how many natives we had, who had what traits, etc.