Warhammer 40,000 General

Walkers are not vehicles edition

Old Dreadnought
>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Older stuff in PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>As current as the FAQs get
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE CLOWNS):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11879139
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for Slaanesh

>strawpoll.me/11879139
Well it was 50/50 for 10 seconds.
So far it is 75% in favor of walkers counting as vehicles.

Nth post for the New DG looking for idea for 1500 point lists.Any unit suggestions and or plays would be much appreciated.

Why do people like AdMech? They're the lamest army in the game, every single model looks exactly the same.

Bikes. Unless you want to be fluffy. Then lots of bodies. And remember to footslog.

T3 Armies are the best. Guard is the best of the best.

>Why don't people like AdMech? They're the most a e s t h e t i c army in the game, every single model looks absolutely gorgeous and has loads of variety.

I don't know, that Martian Giant dude looks pretty different from the rest of the anorexic robot dudes and the big friend dudes.

Havocs w/ Autocannons
Bikes w/ melta + attached bike lord and zombification relic
Cultists to be made into fearless, FnP objective holders

Someone has yet to prove me wrong in that Walkers are not Vehicles. Maelstrom of Gore is the best WE formation.

I think Havocs would suddenly be a much more attractive choice for Death Guard given they're now Relentless, T5 with FnP.

I like AdMech in fluff, but fuck painting them and fuck playing as them.

Why Autocannons over Missiles?

take literally anything. nurgle is strong as fuck now

kastalan robots are straight ballin. best model that gw has put out in a long time, and if you disagree with me...thats fine, i respect your opinion

>Threadly Question
What are you working on, Veeky Forums?
Played any games recently?
Got any games coming up?
Any additions to your army?
Doing anything 40k for Christmas? New models, themed games, etc.

They all look like walking clusters of cogs with a red robe on it. It gets old extremely fast.

no

2 shots S7 more useful than one at S8 when we don't have Melta or AP to consider.

>Maelstrom of Gore is the best WE formation.
im actually sold on it now. MSU seems like the way to run it though

XTH FOR FUCK DROP PODS WE JUST RUNNING AT BITCHES

You don't like cogs?

1) Fires double the shots
2) Only -1 strength as a trade
3) AP3 means nothing when you're trying to pop a Vehicle
4) 'Miss'iles

Not when every single model is so saturated with them that you can't even make up it's shape.

Even with Flakk and the option to ahoot blasts?

A lot of people have, you have just ignored the evidence saying that because Walkers are listed as vehicles, are a sub type of primary type Vehicle, and the core rule book in several places calls them vehicles, somehow magically their subtype makes them not count as their primary type. And yet their codex entry lists Vehicle. But somehow they aren't Vehicles.

Everyone has just assumed your baiting conversation because your lonely and bored.

Depends on what you're facing. Against tougher targets I'd run x2 15-man squads, one with Lord, one with Warpsmith, and x2 8man squads. I'd pair it with a Warpack of x4 Maulerfiends and a Helbrute but not everyone likes Dinobots so maybe it's just me.

Trying to make a decent 1850 DG list, any thoughts? I would like to try out nurgle termies but I feel they might still completely suck.

Nice one Inquisition player, your posts are always the freshest shit. Too bad there's currently a bigger shitstorm going on so have a (You) in condolence.

>Can anyone help me with this

i want to use the Cycloptia cabal but i also want to run thousand sons is there any loophole

Termies aren't good, however DG makes them a bit better if you really want them.

What army do you play, user?

What are you working on, Veeky Forums?
basecoated a bunch of Word Bearers, Land Raider and Terminator Lord are washed and just need detailing [heresy intensifies]

Played any games recently?
Unfortunately not

Got any games coming up?
Doubles tournament this weekend

Any additions to your army?
Working on my daemonic summons

Doing anything 40k for Christmas?
Hoping to get a Leviathan

Thinking about doing some Urban camo on the cloaks of my IF scouts when they arrive. Pic related.

Why do people like Tau? They're the lamest army in the game, every single model looks exactly the same.

Its funny how free FNP makes most stuff so much better on T5-6 platforms.

It's not evidence when you take pics of the rulebook literally giving them a different category and then claiming it proves your argument. Confirmation bias at it's best as a result from homosexuals too gay to go full melee.

Walkers are different from Vehicles, that's why they're called Walkers. Stop being retarded.

Just Don't use it as part of the Detachment.

The perfect edition

I already told you it's not Inquisition, if my post really trigger you so much then maybe you should try to guess correctly this time.

Take a correct guess and I'll make it stop.

I grew up liking Char from Gundam, and I was lead to believe more focus would go to the alien auxiliaries.

LOL what a faggot.

I can't believe you're this butthurt you got your shit stomped in by War Convo you're still shitposting about it.

Well it's an OP army, your walkers aren't vehicles!

Much more variety than your fish-bowls, sorry.
>kroot
>ethereals
>battlesuits
>tanks
>fliers
Try again.

I now understand where some of the FAQs from the GW facebook came from.

>I already told you it's not Inquisition
Post proof it isn't and I'll stop assuming it is!

im gonna run 7x 8 man squads and a 20x man horde with kharn and 2 lords. all sergeants with PFs. and a single spawn to sit in the corner and beat his dick while crying.

should be harder to shoot of the board that way

>fish-bowls
What did he mean by this?

>implying anybody uses any of that shit but the battlesuits

Rate my army

batch painting an entire platoon of Cadian shock troopers (aka the old metal ones) in one go.

I don't get why, but it's a hell of a lot less annoying than doing them a squad at a time.

>projecting this hard
Must suck having your models make your eyes bleed.

Your loss, I won't stop asking until you guess or someone actually makes a decent case for such a shit-looking army.

Kind of wish they were to be perfectly honest, sounds like hell to balance though.

>>kroot
>>ethereals
>>tanks
>>fliers
>any of those getting used
>a bunch of unpainted grey plastic riptides, broadsides and stormsurges
>variety
AHahahahahahaha

That's not your army.

im still going to run 2 stormsurges and say its a friendly list 2bh.

they are like imperial knight tier, i dont see the problem.

Picture stolen from Ebay and posted here for maymays/10

Walker is a subset of vehicle, like tank and skimmer.

>implying that has anything to do with model aesthetics
>trying to derail THIS badly
Get rekt.

Raptors user is that you?

Enjoy your ban.

user. Please. If this doesn't make sense to you I don't know how to help you.

>kroot
Go to objective holders
>tanks
Longstrike if I want keks on overwatch
>Fliers
barracudas are great desu
>variety
is the core of pre-warzone Tau fluff, to bad about the GMC shilling.

>y-you're just projecting!
user you must have gotten your ass beat HARD by AdMech multiple damn times to be this shitter shattered.

Show me on the Riptide where the heavy grav cannons bad-touched you.

My Game table.

IG vs Tyranids. Nearly tabled him, but he won 8 to 6 (Cleared off my board to work on it. Before that, it was covered in so much terrain I could barely move my tanks).

Hopefully around Christmas, against a new Space marines player joining my group.

2 Start collecting scions formations. I want some more mobility, considering the new Space marine player ordered a Knight Castigator.

Probably, but how about AV14? And fists take too long to kill walkers, I'd rather take power weapon and melta bombs for 5pts cheaper.

It's a subtype, same a tank. Here on page 590 of the Warhammer 40k rulebook from the Mega drive and I quote

Type
The different types of vehicle are: Chariot, Fast, Flyer, heavy, Hover, Open-topped, Skimmer, Tank, Transport, Walker, Super-Heavy Vehicle, Super-heavy Walker, and Super-heavy Flyer. These types can be combined to define, for example, a Fast Skimmer or an Open-topped Walker, in which case, the Vehicle has all the rules for all of it's types.

ALL of them Including VEHICLE. Walker is a classification of Vehicle, but that doesn't make it not a Vehicle.

putting magnets on a fire prism. i'll probably see if i can get a game in friday. no 40k xmas or anything else related. i'm tempted to build this eldar stuff i've had sitting around more then anything else

Doing them all at once feels a lot more efficient since you can actually see real progress made on your army rather than having one really nice looking squad and a bunch of greys.

He is baiting, we've already tried that one.

>n-n-no it's y-you whos p-projecting! i s-swear!
>trying this hard
Are you crying? Your tears are delicious.

>implying "lol animu mecha" aesthetics have anything on blanchean raygunpunk retro gothic radioactive wasteland cyberhorrors
Look user, it's way past the point where you have convinced us all you have utterly shit taste, you don't have to keep reminding us, it's just embarrassing.

I never knew I wanted a Macharius Vulcan(?) until I saw that tank.
What do you make your terrain from user? It looks pretty great.

>Probably, but how about AV14?
the only av14 threat i can think of would be a leman russ list, which would still be in trouble with all those guys in its face. since the character would all rape vehicles single handedly.
>And fists take too long to kill walkers, I'd rather take power weapon and melta bombs for 5pts cheaper.
nah fists are better, theyd kill walkers faster and let you punch out big MC shit. also you could punk out some faggot marines with the ID

They're listed that way for convenience, but have their own rules and mechanics. Therefore they're not vehicles for any practical purpose.

>>trying this hard
>says the guy who tries so hard he has to repost it again and again in every thread
>not even self-aware enough to realize the irony
This is incredible.

For all purposes for rules involving interaction of wargear with vehicles as they are listed as being vehicles. If they were not intended to be they would be listed as MC not vehicles.

I didn't make that terrain. It's Lasercut MDF from Miniduels. Some company in Florida I believe. I'm just trying to get a layout I want before committing to it.

The Macharius Vulcan is a fun unit. Usually erases 1 thing per turn, and can glance up to 13 AV. Which isn't that likely, but possible. makes it a bit more versatile. Overall, it's just fun to role a shitload of dice.

show me where blanche drew 1980s generic robots and deformed tanktreadmen

>an army with varied looks and influences of which mechs are only a part of the greater wholes
>compared to an army that looks all the same
Nah.

Anonymous 12/15/16(Thu)00:03:30 No.50704073 ▶

(You)
>>trying this hard
>says the guy projecting his recent curbstomp defeats unto an unrelated discussion
>not even self-aware enough to realize the irony
See? I can do it too. Make an argument or get rekt.

Sorry. Glancing 12 AV. Vulcan mega bolter is Str 6

All the right places.

>nah fists are better, theyd kill walkers faster and let you punch out big MC shit. also you could punk out some faggot marines with the ID
ID only matters against multi-wound, for regular models a power axe will suffice. Melta Bombs are armorbane which kills vehicles faster than fists.

These are some awful threads tonight. Nothing but butthurt and trolling.

They have their own Walker equipment which is modeled differently from vehicles. They're clearly separate things.

Do people proxy models in their army often, or do you try to avoid it?
If you had loads of rocket launcher guys but wanted to use grav cannons, would you be ok proxying those weapons?

>Melta Bombs are armorbane which kills vehicles faster than fists.
4 S9 fist attacks on the charge > 1 meltabomb

fists are also good for punching out shitty characters if they wiff their attacks.

>>says the guy projecting his recent curbstomp defeats unto an unrelated discussion
user it's pretty clear you got your asshole shredded wide open by AdMech if you need to shitpost about their appearance this relentlessly. No one would do that except for a weeaboo taufag manchild mad that his speshul snowflake gundams got blown off the table by superior and sexier Mechanicus.

temporarily sure. i can understand wanting to try out different combos of weapons before you buy them.

just dont do it too much.

For regular suits, maybe. But there's no real issue keeping them at T4/2W. Shit works and they're not particularly broken, just good.

It's the MC suits that cause problems. They have jet packs, several weapon systems, can't be shaken or stunned, triple-layered saving throws, and when you do THAT you can't even disable a weapon or knock out their mobility. Like, whoever looked at those rules and thought they wouldn't warp the army were clearly out of their minds.

Oh well. Mechanized/combined arms tau are funky. I like playing against them when they show up. Shame about the robot retards.

My understanding is you do it with friends and you don't abuse it like how you don't abuse your friendships.

Paying for Flakk is a trap. If you want to actually kill flyers bring a Heldrake. The Vehicle damage table makes the AC's 2 S7 AP4 shots much better than 1 S8 AP3 shot since neither can roll "explodes" and so they both need to strip hull points. Frag is mostly irrelevant. You may fire it on occasion, but it's not a reason to take the weapon.

At least we found out that the Admech hatespam guy is in fact a Taufag

It all makes sense now

>I guess you're just mad because some Taufag raped your ass
Lol quite the opposite, I play Genestealer Cults, taufags are my bitch. But I know their type and how fucking buttfrustrated they are when they lose, and you act just that way shitting up the board about AdMech.

I like Fists on DG termies. You're I3 anyway and T5 and FNP means you're a lot more likely to live to strike back.

HE LITERALLY DELETED HIS POST LOL

Yeah sure thing faggot. I don't play Tau either, literally every single army looks better than fucking fish-bowls.

He is forever a Taufag.