Tell me about Your Dudes

Tell me about Your Dudes, Veeky Forums. I don't care what game or system, I just wanna hear about and discuss Your Dudes. I love the commitment and care you guys put into Your Dudes and you deserve to know someone thinks your shit is cool.

Pic related - working (slowly) on my own Dudes now.

Looks like the Minotaurs went Khorne.

Yeah, kinda. I'm still working on getting a color scheme down before I start painting but I plan on painting the weapon panels like the sides of bolters and CCWs red to add a bit more flair and CSM models come with enough skulls and ornament bitz to help push them away from the Minotaurs look a bit more. If you've got any suggestions for a different look I wouldn't mind.

They ARE Khornates though. The basic idea I'm going with is they used to be a successor chapter (still thinking of who their progenitor would be) that recruited from a feudal world that hosted a regular tournament to select candidates to become Marines. Over a long campaign against an enemy (still working out which) the Marines end up depleting their numbers drastically and the tournaments become much larger and happen more often to fill in their numbers. Khorne takes a liking to this idea and corrupts the tournament winners and neophytes and soon, the entire chapter becomes Khornate. Now, the tournament never ends. The entire planet has fallen to Chaos and the warband scours the system to kill their enemies and capture whatever they can to continually fuel the never-ending tournament.

These guys are probably the least fleshed out of all my chapters, but they're an attempt at making a Space Wolf successor, while still following the canon that the Wolves have no known successors, and only Fenrisians can become Space Wolves.

I dig it user. You have a color scheme and emblem thought out yet?

Sons of the Dragon

Salamander/Imperial Fist successor

Their chapter icon is a roaring green dragon head within a gold sun with six rays of light.

Their power armor is quartered Golden Yellow and Dark Angels Green.

Their homeworld is Sohan's Fist, a massive super-earth with a single giant continent covered in volcanoes and mountain ranges. Every mountain range has a fortress within it, and every major volcano has a forge near it. They recruit from across the Victorum sector, but their preferred recruiting grounds are the twin death-worlds of Moloch.

The Sons of the Dragon are skilled metalsmiths, as befits a Salamander successor. Their combat tactics, however, are descended from the Imperial Fists. They are masters at fortifying and holding territory, and have overseen the construction of seven fortress-worlds ringing the former desmenes of the Poseidon Sub-sector, now under the cruel green fist of Warboss Grab'ngitz.

The Sons take great pride in their armor, and never remove it in the presence of non-marines. Underneath it, they look very much like their Salamander brethren due to the Salamander mutation of the Melancrhomic Organ, with skin that ranges from dark brown to dark gray. A mutation in their Occulobe has caused them to develop sensitivity to ultraviolet light, allowing them to partially sense the higher wavelengths of the light spectrum. This causes their eyes to slowly develop a mirror-like sheen as they age, with centuries-old members having solid, silver eyes.

The Sons possess a large force of Dreadnought hulls, of various makes and patterns. Each of these hulls is uniquely built and armed according to it's occupant's designs, and no two of them are alike. They also possess a great deal of armored vehicles, primarily Rhinos, Razorbacks, and Whirlwinds. Rather infamously, they possess only two examples of Land Raiders. These are revered as holy relics, and rarely leave the fortress-monastery of Battlesheart.

I did, but I haven't touched them in a while, focusing on the RPGs. As I recall it was mostly a cool grey with some blues. Similar but distinct from their secret parents. No emblem though.

The Sons are deeply integrated into the governorship of the Victorum Sector, with three senior space marines chosen to represent the chapter in the First Sword of Avalonus, the heart of Imperial rule. Some have won great renown as diplomats and negotiators, a reputation that other Space Marines chapters regard with disdain. Regardless, the Sons have proven themselves capable of well-integrating with the Imperial power structure and often coordinate operations with the Imperial Guard and the Imperial Navy, to the benefit of all three parties.

The Sons follow an offshoot of the Promethean Cult, and have built temples to this belief in various hidden locations throughout the sector. While designed to act as fortresses of last resort, these hidden stockpiles of men and arms also act to promulgate the Cult. Should the Inquisition or the Ecclesiarchy ever uncover this fact, unwanted and dangerous questions might be raised.

Knights Twilight is the chapter I have done most work. Mostly unedited and will contain grammar errors and brain farts.

In nutshell they are Dusk Raiders who got lost in warp during Great Crusade. Woke up much later in much stranger world. They are naval based chapter.

Sadly I can't find the Chapter Painter pic I made.

Raven' s ascendant (name is work in progress)
Traitor bloodravens who fled at end of dawn of war 2. They served under black legion fir awhile to slowly rebuild thier numbers. They recently splintered into being thier own group.
Using this as basis of colour scheme

Minotaurs could wear horns on their helmets without being "Chaos". They could get away with it.

The real thing is the Mark V power armor, which suggests your guys are a lot more ragtag than the Minotaurs themselves are.

I once took over someone else's IG regiment generation thread and ended up developing the Hua Yuan with some input

I designed their symbols, generated their color scheme and named them, as well as helping to come up with a lot of the early fluff

I'm very proud of how much people did with it and how much people seemed to like it

Shame nobody cared quite as much for the airborne sisters that had been generated a couple weeks earlier

they're the only army I'd play if I were to ever 40k

Just started working on the fluff for my ad mech army. It's basically more of an offshoot from the Ryza forgeworld. I've dubbed it "The Sect of Sulfaci". The sect began when the magos Fortvayne from the forgeworld Ryza was dispatched to Maccrage during the tyrannic invasion of hive-fleet Behemoth. Here, Fortwayne's job was to document the effects of plasma weaponry when applied to the tyranic menace. Accompanied by the lexmechanic Egon, and a war cohort, his job was to carry out live field exercises. However the area which Fortvayne's cohort was stationed to, was highly rich in pyrite, which when hit by the concentraited beams of plasma from their guns, produced high amounts of sulfuric acid and dust. The field experience proved invaluable and a data codex on the effects of plasma on tyranids was complied. However during the cohorts stay on Maccrage their equipment had turned yellow in hue, due to the extended exposure to sulferic acid. Upon returning home to Ryza Fortvayne began testing extensively on the applications of sulferic acid with the intent of enhancing the plasma weapons of the Empire of man.

Interested in hearing more?

The Dread Pardoners

Ultramarine successors.

Their chapter icon are two hands pressed together in prayer.

Their power armor is dark blue with off-white limbs. (pic related)

Long story short they're a fleet-based chapter that tends to operate on the fringes of the Imperium around the ghoul stars with a preference for bringing the fight to xenos raiders. They're experts at void war both in boarding actions and naval battles. A mutation in their geneseed makes them less receptive to typical hypno-therapy and so the Chapter is forced to take more drastic measures, making them unable to display emotions.

Looks like he's wearing a one piece bathing suit

THE APOSTATE KINGS

>Traitor Marines of Slaanesh
>Allegedly Blood Angels successors; validity of this is questionable
>Active Strength: ~2500 Marines, 1M mortal soldiers
>Leader: The Prophet
>Preferred Doctrine: Shock and Awe, Terror Tactics, Close Assault
>Preferred Weapons: Bolt Pistol & Chainsword, Power Claws, Flamer, Autocannon, Sonic Weapons
>Fortress: Space Hulk "Echo of Deceit" & small fleet assets

A fallen chapter of the Adeptus Astartes, the Apostate Kings are a warband aligned to Slaanesh that is active in the Durumov Sector of the Segmentum Ultima. Primarily based out of the semi-stable space hulk Echo of Deceit, they constantly launch raids and assaults against the forces of the Imperium and the Eldar with equal impunity. Led by the former High Chaplain of the Chapter who is now known only as The Prophet, their preferred targets are either those of the Ecclessiarchy or the holdings of the Eldar Craftworlds and Exodite Worlds, and have reaped a bloody legend for themselves throughout the sector. Strangely, post-action analysis of raids on Imperial space and the after-effects of their Eldar attacks indicate a major discrepancy - while the Imperial targets are traditional raids against weak targets of opportunity for supplies and to inspire fear, their assaults on Eldar holdings suggest major, full-on attacks in the hundreds against significant Eldar stations and worlds, leading some Inquisitors to believe that their primary foe is the Eldar in their minds.

The Warband operates on a few very simple principles: Might Makes Right, Perfection Above All, and that the word of the Prophet is absolute law. Identification markers and armor markings are strictly regulated and symbolic: the armor of the basic Marine is powered bone with silver accents, and as he moves up in rank and prowess he earns the right to bear more and more sacred purple upon his armor, mixed with gold should he make it to true Lordship of a Company.

In terms of chapter tactics they are specialized in naval combat and boarding operations. Due to boarding operations being very messy Assault or Devastators are not used, but all marines are Tactical Marines foremost.

Mostly using bolters or combat shotguns during their operations, they lack the heavy punch most Chapters have. To boost their firepower during ground operations they rely on their ships armsmen to provide firepower.

Grand Companies are made from 200 Marines to provide longer staying power. This number also includes the recruits currently going through their progress to become proper Astares.

If you lot have questions I can bullshit my way through them.

I don't actually know much how Ad Mech armies work nowadays in fluff so yeah I am interested on hearing more.

This user speaks truth.
Unable to display emotions is pretty nice touch and it does make them more resilient against touch of chaos. Is there any drawbacks in this mutation?

How can they have more Marines than a single chapter?

Why don't they just invade Baal?

Only thing limiting chapters is the codex. If they went chaos and kept aabductng people to turn into chaos they should be able to swell past normal strength

Except most Chaos Space Marines don't have geneseed they can implant. And they have no source of Black Carapace or power armor.

Im sure they can scavenge power armour from the imperium and what's stopping them from using the stuff they made marines before going chaos?

Hey mate, the Punishers had/have approx. 250,000 CSM.

They can loot all of those things by killing other Marines, although it would mean they'd have to raid Imperial space more than his story suggests.

Khornestruction crew
>mostly khornate
>were active durring the Armageddon wars
>created idols for khorne to extend his reach into real space
>built Gehemets for word bearers
>highly mechanized and run mostly buy cultists
>word bearer marines do play a part, but only the Coryphaus and his immediate crew check in

I secretly run the daemonprince as a heretech psyker because it fits my lore, as well as some warpriests now.

I'm ashamed but it's such a good fit, and it kills Knights

Well my space marines are the Heralds of Dorn, not much has been actually written about them, but they are an oddity among the space marine chapters in the fact that they prefer siege defense tactics compared to the more traditional siege tactics of their primarch chapter of the Imperial Fists.

This comes from their belief of Dorn being a grand builder, citing such things as the imperial palace and in turn how he fortified it. In the belief that Dorn will return to defend the perfect fortress they have spent their time doing such on their home world.

One of their characteristics many notice is that everything is fortified to some degree, and if a hereld of dorn stops anywhere for the briefest amount of time he will start fortifying their position. Carrying abundant land mines with them they will use these to make deadly chokepoints.

I came up with this group partially as inspiration from twitch from AGP and the builder aspect of Dorn, not seeing any real chapter reflecting this major aspect of the Emperoers Praetorian.

Alpha Legion Warband, named the Instrument of Couros that has become more or less the space mob in my version of the Calixis Sector. They operate out of a hulk formed of four diffferent Legion ships from the days of the heresy, and are both my tabletop army [spoilers]and the BBEGs in my upcoming DH2e game[/spoilers]. Ive named a few characters, but theur backstories are pending.
>Cyra of Acronalp, Breaker of Men, Exalted Grand Marshall of the Coulpos (Chaos Lord)
>Armatos, the Thrice-Born, Lord of the Instrument, God-King of the Coulpos (Daemon Prince)
>Ynal, Champion of the Unsullied, 1st Marshall of the Coulpos, Lord Dinios (Terminator Champion)
>Thoklon, Hammer of Coulpos, Ancient One (Helbrute)
>Heinrich Moch, 1st Corporal (Cultist Champion)
>Sungwon Vossich, Slave-Lord (Cultist Champion)
>Bogdan Andris, 3rd Marshall of the Coulpos, Lord Nitos (Chosen Champion)
>Holkir Ghol, 2nd Marshall of the Colous, Lord Kinisis (Chaos Biker Champion)
>Project Lisnpril (Heldrake)
>Subject 51428 (Forgefiend)
pic vaguely related

My metal brotha, praise the Omnisiah!

I'm still working on the fluff for my mechanicum as well, but what i do have was made to basically tie me into an ongoing campaign my friends got going on. My forces hail from the forgeworld Bellona, named so because the color of the surface so reminded people of Mars that it was considered a "sister planet" (such knowledge of ancient gods came from a most holy book, a 3rd grade textbook from the 23rd century). The forgeworld fell into disarray during the heresy and most people of the world died off through a combination of fighting off chaos forces, starvation (for those with more meaty bits then not), and general grimdark stupidity. The world never fell to chaos, but nor did the remaining ad mech manage to keep stability on the planet. Over the generations the few remaining humans regressed to the point that they worshiped the technology around them as monuments to the metal gods. Basically a pagan version of the worship of the Omnisiah. The world was forgotten to time and just kinda sat there for ~10000 years. Eventually, an explorator fleet from the forgeworld Metalica headed by a very disgruntled and headstrong arch magos came across the dormant world by chance. After basically shitting themselves over the fact that they found a full blown forgeworld just kinda sitting there, the arch magos (who is yet to be named because names are hard) immediately claimed it for himself and claimed the title of Fabricator General of Forgeworld Bellona. As the newly titled Fabricator General set to work relighting forges, fixing infrastructure, and setting the remaining locals to work, his efforts did not go unnoticed. A group of iron warriors, busy cruising around shitting up real-space, had noticed and taken an interest in the explorator fleet. This led them to follow them to the dormant forgeworld and almost immediately begin an assault.

1/2

I've posted about it before, but sure, why not - cool thread, let's keep it alive.

I run a chapter called the Aether Blades, a descendant from a group of Blackshields, themselves made up of elements from the lost Thousand Sons and Raven Guard fleets.

I use Carcharodon chapter tactics, because CC and Fear. (Extra attack marines do some serious work.)

They have a shitload of Librarians, so much so that they run Librarian Sergeants in every single squad I own. (Librarius Conclave allows this, thankfully.)

Aside from that, their main themes are speed (I have 10 Vanguard Veterans and 40 Assault Marines, and a tonne of Land Speeders), close combat ability (just about every single unit I have is focused around melee, from the Tactical Marines using extra CCW's to Ironclad Dreadnoughts and all the rest), and hitting incredibly hard in short bursts. (very drop pod and deep-strike heavy)

As for aethestics, every sarge/character wears a red hood and tabard, and every special character (Captains, Librarians etc) wear robes all over their armour, except their arms and backpacks. Honour Guard and Vets have black helmets.

I've got backstory and whatnot for them too, and i'm also working on a Chaos Warband that split off from them shortly after the Scouring too. (Since Traitor Legions came out, definitely been inspired.) Got about 5500pts of the chapter sitting around.

Sarge example, if anyone's interested.