/tgesg/ - Elder Scrolls General

UESRPG 3e Core release edition

After a lot of work the Unofficial Elder Scrolls RPG's 3rd edition Core Rulebook is finally up. I know this is a weekend thread typically, but I figured we could make an exception (and plus, we have to be Veeky Forums related at least once in a while).

Character sheets and a quick reference doc will be following soon. Conjuration is still not in until we have our bestiary, which is our current top priority (followed by the GM handbook). The goal of this release is to let people start testing the system, building characters, and running sessions with the tools available.

A big thanks to everyone who helped us make this happen. I hope you guys like it.

All the stuff you need can be found in the UESRPG google doc link right below. I'll be hanging around here for a while to answer questions.

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[UESRPG - P&P RPG] docs.google.com/document/d/1pTgTN2aJUoY95JtquowagfUJLL7tCQYhzJKcCAcbvio/edit?usp=sharing
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] 1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly.
Keep the squabbling to a minimum.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gXN1yxax448
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=gXN1yxax448

Let's post some TES waifu to celebrate.

So if I'm getting the release schedule right the next thing up is Inhabitants of Tamriel followed by the GM's Guide followed by the Player's Guide and then updated versions of the other splats correct?

Yep! That's the battle plan. We're gonna be running at full speed over the break (at least I am) in order to get IoT finished within a reasonable time frame.

Related

It's all over.

UNFORGIVEABLE

Well, Seht, I appreciate all the hard work you and the others have put into it. Once you get the books out (all of them after much consideration) I'm going to be running my group through a few games set in the aftermath of the Oblivion Crisis up in High Rock and Hammerfell. I'll do story times when it happens.

That sounds awesome! I'm going to be starting my own test game set in post-Red Year Morrowind very soon.

Sounds nifty. Be sure to play up the missing Tribunal members, the waywardness of the Dunmer people, the rise of Azura once more and the Argonian invasions. Remember, the skies blackened and the air itself was almost too noxious/dust filled to breath so best of luck with that!

Yeah, the party asked for it too. Poor bastards.

Fallout: New Vvardenfell?

10/10, would play
Hope they're ready for what they asked for. Oh! Make a prophecy for a band of heroes who will rise up and help throw out a major power but for years the Dunmer thought it was going to be the Tribunal vs the Empire but it's actually your party helping the houses and others in Morrowind help drive out the Argonians! Could be a sort of Morrowind 2.0

Basically.

Could be a thing.

Anybody remember what happened to the Ashlanders post red year? How many actually survived?

Why by Kyne's breath would we ever save the houses? Spring on these fools while they are weak. Wipe them out and let the Argonians take their revenge for centuries of raiding and slavery.

An elder scrolls general on a WEDNESDAY?!

Based on related, have you tried Elder Scrolls: Legends?

I'm getting ready to DL it actually. How good is it?

Tell me about the Silver Hand /tgesg/. Is the paragraph uesp has about them really the only information we have?

I actually have not. I just use some of their art.

Congratulations to Seht and Co. for delivering so fast! I'm excited to check out the new edition.

I found it pretty boring. Largely inoffensive in terms of lore, just kind ofq bad story. Card game itself is 6/10, completely okay but nothing stellar. Lost interest fairly quickly.
But I see others like it more.

the prophecy mechanic is the only thing holding the game back, imo

practically impossible to play around and can just lead to stupid blowouts

Sauce for the original picture?

the first result when you search "sotha sil art"

My waifu could beat up your waifu. With fire.

I was going to try it but now I just might not. I wish they had used the IP for something better instead.

Probably any on the mainland.

To the best of my knowledge, yes. We can infer some things, such as skill with alchemy or restoration from the large number of ingredients with the Cure Disease property, or that they have some sort of secondary funding, being that silver, despite being one of Skyrim's main exports, still isn't cheap (and is possibly the reason they're based in Skyrim in the first place) and neither is feeding and providing basic lodging for a group of their size.

Dispite this, we can also infer that they are purely an NGO and lack the (direct) backing of the Temple, Empire, or local government, as they inhabit hastily repaired forts, crumbling barracks, and abandoned shelters, and likely make the hide gear and humble bows their use themselves, leading me to belive that a good deal of their number may have been trackers, scouts, or hunters at one point, justifying both their apparent survival skills and ability to keep a substantial amount of food and alchemical reagents needed to ward off disease without the above mentioned need for massive funding from an outside source, assuming the silver for the weapons was either stolen or bought with money from bounties.

daily reminder that kirkbride is a hack

And we shall ride that spear shaped dick all the way home regardless.

"Yes? What did you need? Yes? What did you need? Yes? What did you need? Yes? WHatd did you need?"

Still better than most NPCS

>CURVED SWORDS

"I know you..."
Because I am the leader of all the local guilds, owner of all the big mansions and the holder of all the legendary artifacts of the land!"
"....you're the new Companion. So you do what? Fetch the mead?"

"You know what, fuck it. I can't take it anymore!"
>FUS RO DAH!
>Dur Na Viir!
>Fos Krah Diin!

"Hahahahahahaha!"

has this ever been updated to tell us about snow-throat, since Skyrim's release?

>36 Lessons in the fiction section
I don't get this. Vivec is undeniably a real thing, he's even met the Dwemer.

>Vivec is undeniably a real thing
Vivic would disagree with you.

>Vivic wrote this.

It was made after Skyrim, and that's mostly still all we know about it.

>Unofficial Elder Scrolls RPG's 3rd edition Core Rulebook is finally up
Great job.
If only I had someone to play with, any user playing online and looking for a player?

If you go on the Discord and go to the l4g tab you can find a list of possible players/GMs

You could remove the IRC Scrollhammer channel from the OP to save on a little space. That's never used anymore.

Will do. I figured, but I wasn't 100% sure.

Why not just have a pastebin like a lot of the other generals have? Keep the links in there and use the OP for updates, questions and trivia?

That's not a bad idea at all, but I wasn't really thinking of that when I designed the original OP and we've just sorta stuck with it all this time.

Also the first character sheets for 3e are up. More to come.

>They are rage, brutal, without mercy. But you. You will be worse. Rip and tear, until it is DONE.

What was the deal with there being Mer members of the Knights of the Nine? Has Pelinal's legend been twisted that much?

Transcription errors

Maturity is knowing that the dwemer were right

I wanna bugger that vampire

Can someone fix the nose?

This artist actually used to draw noses perfectly fine, but somewhere over the years they were infected by a tumblr meme.

No

Honestly the nose is the least retarded part of that face.

The nose is reasonable. I only noticed the slight tumblr-nose after you pointed it out.

So what is everyone's preferred race to play in UESRPG? I'm personally eyeing the Bretons myself for a magical rogue sort of character.

Can somebody give me a rundown of the current "playability" state of OpenMW? Plus Tamriel rebuilt?

I'd ask /v/ or Veeky Forums but they're usually shit, and this IS an TES general.

OpenMW is getting close to the full release. Supposedly the main quests are 100% playable, and the game is very much bug-free otherwise. Their main programmer dude Scrawl dropped out a while back so progress has been slower, until recently. Haven't bothered testing it personally since it's missing some features (i.e. distant land) and I don't want to go through the hassle of installing.

Supposedly very playable. Wouldn't surprise me to see the 1.0 release in a few months.

I'm partial to dunmer myself. Between DAYLEN ALAS, LAST NOBLE SION OF [the penniless and mocked] HOUSE ALAS! and Masler Raleev, Healer Who Definitely Is Not a Peryite Worshiper Running From the Hidden Armigers, I've had some good times.

Where do you guys imagine all the gold to make Septims comes from? Gold ore seems to be somewhat rare in most provinces but Septims are pretty common. My theory is that the Empire uses mages to transmute iron to gold on a vast scale.

Maybe not all of them are actual gold?

They could be brass. It's a durable material and it works as a reference to Tiber fucking shit up with Numidium.

So what are the ideal Masters?

Are they connected to Azura? (Soul stones)

Or are they some outside faction like the Hist who just exist?

this pic is gold
Why nobody praises general OPs for cool OP pics?

iirc they're a group of ancient mages who transcended into immortal beings. They control a tiny sliver of oblivion but are vastly less powerful than any daedra. They don't seem to have any lasting relationships with any of the daedra,

Skyrim is the big ore producer in general, specializing in iron and silver, and Cyrodiil has a lot of abandoned mines. I'd honestly expect the coins themselves aren't pure gold. More likely a zinc or lead based filler with enough gold to add color.

So vulcanic ash just came alive one day? How? Why?

They were constructed. They're essentially like Ash-Briarhearts, or mini Lorkhan-zombies.

Shards from the blown up Heart of a dead demiurge that had previously been converted into a cosmic rumble pack do some weird shit.

I should mix that ash with skooma

Crazy shit happens when you use music to phase a God's heart out of the world, which then causes a metaphysical bonding agent to blow its load all over the countryside.

Which race has the least Kirkbride?
I don't think I need to ask which has the most

haven't read all too much kirkbridy stuff about bananas and orcs

Khajiit and Argonians have fairly little, as he doesn't care that much about beast races. Same with Orcs.

I'd honestly say Argonian, can't think of much he did with them.
>bananas
the first pocket guide entry for one
Monomyth, Varieties of Faith, Before the Ages of Man, to list couple of others.

>furries
>scalies
>green elves
So those are my options, fuck me

>Bretons are ancient Nede/Mer half breeds
>Forsworn and Breton/Nord half breeds
>No other races have such mixed racial background

Is there a reason for this? Youd think there would be alot of half elves in Cyrodil itself from the Ayelid domination.

>pig children
>elves
choose one

Dunmer are ashpilled against race-mixing.
Ayylmaos had more fun penetrating their slaves with metal bars, rather than flesh ones.
Argonians are fucking lizards.
Khajiits are fucking cats.
Nobody likes Orcs.
Redguards are relatively new and pretty xenophobic.

There's also this whole racial philogeny system.

im typing this from memory feel free to correct me but the elves St.Alessia waged war upon enslaved men but never reproduced due to them being viewed as inferior.

However the culture which inhabited the region of now daggerfall was more obsessed with physical beauty, leading to handsome slaves being more valuable and used both around the house and in the bed. Years later half elves became more common leading to an increase in rights for men and half men.

Naryu is still one of the best written characters I've ever seen in an MMO, apart from TSW ones

Also Aranea Ienith. What can I say, I like dunmer chicks.

>Years later half elves became more common leading to an increase in rights for men and half men.
No, the Breton population eventually grew so large and the Elves so weak that the Bretons just sort of took over naturally.

Khajiit probably can't crossbreed, and Saxhleel definitely can't. Bananamen find breeding out of race to be severely haram.
Orcs society doesn't take kindly to outsiders, and visa versa, but there's probably some Orcish blood in Reachmen.
There's very likely Ayylamo blood in some Bosmeri regions. Breton-Redguard crossbreeding is probably common around the bay.
There's a lot of Nord in Colovians.

Real lorebeards have Brother Barnabas as their husbando.

Well a lot of it might be gold that was reconstituted from previous empires/kingdoms and such, but I do think transmutation (or maybe illusion?) plays a part in it.

I seem to be the only one who thinks this but I just assumed that Tamriel just had a shitton of naturally occurring gold and that the relative lack of gold ore in game was just a result of how compressed the landmass was.

Falmer

What said, but the whole game is playable. There just aren't shadows.

TR works fine with OMW.

Most have seen it before at this point.

That's the most widespread theory.

The Cyrods trace their ancestry back to the Nedes, Nords (particularly in Colovia), Ayleid and Tsaesci.

Rimmen claims much Akaviri ancestry as well.

here's an old meme

what's that on the argonian's spear?

Looks like a skull and a head of another Argonian.

>stormcloak banner
I would date this meme to about the 2012 or 2013 era, that's the last time anyone thought the Stormcloaks were the good faction.

>Yfw MK is a Breton.

accurate, this is a dusty meme from the 2013 era
hence why Argonians are so high

I suggest we revise this

>Superior
Imperial
Dunmer
Altmer

>inferior
Everyone else

>superior
Kajjit
Dunmer

>Ok
Nord
Orc
Bosmer
Imperial

>shit
All the others

Thanks, Skyrim.

>Superior
banana
dumner
frandar
>Mid-tier
fargoth
breton
not!Romans
>Shit tier
treehuggers
Drug cats xD
poo elves
nerds

This thread is getting stupid.

So, step aside, here's the actual ranking:

Dunmer > Redguards = Nords > Cyrodiils > (Sload >) Altmer > Bretons > Khajiit > Argonians > Orsimer > Bosmer