EDH/Commander general

Group Hug Is Enemy Edition

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

Thread Topic:
>How do you lay down the law?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/wheelin-and-dealin-with-ya-boi-nekusar/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/temur-goodstuff-4/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/shu-yun-the-double-strike-flying-monk/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/shu-yun-spellfist/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/elesh-armymen/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Let's try this again

POST EM BOIS

Oh yeah, this thread's getting off to a great start.

Nah, take the TappedOut Challenge and hate yourself.

Like a man

Oooh, I was going to build kambals chicken noodle soup, but I decided to siphon the cards into my SO'S Queen Marchesa deck

Oooh oh god, let me peek at a few of mine

I guess I will be a good sport.

>Starke
How's he going? I was thinking of building him as a creatureless, mostly artifact-less control deck, with plenty of MLD and enchantments, when I had the time.
Obviously he's great with Homeward Path. Dragon Mask seems cool in concept but probably not in practice.

>The Price of Progress.png
It is so fitting.

Please explain Yukora to me. I just don't understand.

not exciting

Brago IS boring. I built one because that shit seemed like hella fun. It is, but games are either lockdown or watch the whole table hate fuck you by turn 4.

Yukora himself doesn't do much. It's creatureless (well, gray merch and commander) the deck is filed with creature hate enchantments (think tainted aether), life gain /opponent drain, card draw, and control. Yukora only gets cast if I have no better options, and almost any mono black legendary could replace him, but something about him being in the command zone is just fun to me. Especially if I get him out t2. The deck is simple and fun to pilot.

Surprisingly budget, my mana bases are always cheap though.

Yeah, but it utilizes a lot of cards I'm not otherwise using. I'll still give it a whirl.

It's just a black creature with cool art for his control deck that doesn't need a commander to function

i wish zada worked with fling like it did with other spells

you mean you wish fling targeted the creature you sacrifice?

yes
#our goblins will blot out the sun

My first thought would be to use a spell like fall of the hammer, but then I realized that even if fling targeted the creature you sacrifice, it still wouldn't work with Zada because Zada specifies that the spell must have only one target

I want to run this solely to fuck voltron players if they try to screw me

I've done that

Pretty satisfying

How are running out of gas wirh Zada, are you not running any cantrips?

Made some changes to my Nekusar deck. Anything I should add/remove? One of the people in my play group runs Silumgar as his commander and I want to fuck his shit up. Any ideas on how to do that with Nekusar?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/wheelin-and-dealin-with-ya-boi-nekusar/

Need to put up Baby Liliana and Melek, but this is what I have up so far.

tcplayer total is $1795.21.

could you post your surrak list?

Here you go.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/temur-goodstuff-4/

Why is he so fun?

I need more play with it to really tell. Honestly, it's probably me, overextending myself when I shouldn't.

Because Timmy's know how to have fun.

and also because Gruul is the best guild

First time brewing a Shu Yun deck. Hope I made an ok one. Is it just utility, counterspells, and buffs or are there some combos/deck tech I should be using?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/shu-yun-the-double-strike-flying-monk/

Some useful tech

- Isochron Scepter
- Metallurgic Summonings
- Niblis of Frost
- Charmbreaker Devils
- Guttersnipe

Like the build!

Pardon my ignorance, what is "the TappedOut Challenge?" I am familiar with Tappedout in passing.

Since EDH is a singleton format, and Tapped Out shows you an estimate on how much it costs to buy your deck outright, you can see how much your collection is worth. And maybe be depressed that you've wasted your life.

>tfw only thing missing for my deck is the mana base
>tfw that will probably cost almost as much as the deck itself

JUST.

So proxy.

Would, but eh.. I enjoy owning the real cards since I'm kind of a collector too, but some of the prices are ridiculous considering those lands don't really see play in other formats.

I just don't play with people where an optimized mana base is necessary, personally.

My RW Aurelia Angel Tribal Deck :^)

my friends first got upset when they got xenagos one-shot, now they lmao whenever i drop malignus on the table

---------

unrelated, would you guys allow someone in your group to have a deck that is randomly sleeved with 2 colors? i have a christmas themed deck that just gives everyone free tokens and creatures (and then casts mass mutiny and kills everyone) and i was thinking of sleeving it with both red and green sleeves in spirit of the holidays

I can get away with cutting the a/b/u duals but I'm kind of a perfectionist when it comes to stuff like this and I know that if I don't get the right lands it will be probably quite frustrating.

Or give you a warm fuzzy feeling when you wreck a $1,000+ deck with your $50 budget deck.

I mean, you know your group better than we do. Are they casual enough that they wouldn't care about the two colors? My group is pretty casual, but I wouldn't let you do that.

That's what I love about mono colored decks.

My manabase often consists of maybe 10 non-basics and 26/27 basics. Works well for me.

You fuckers are not prepared.

>>$3000 dollar oloro/animar

wtf are you running in there that costs so much? Its not workshop or bazaar. I have a derevi list thats running all kinds of crazy shit and it doesnt even crack 2k.

they are foil

But Oloro would be one of the easier ones to have at $3000.
I used to run Tabernacle before I sold it, there's also cards like Planar Void, Chains of Mephistopheles and Moat that are really good in an esper control deck but cost fucktons of money. If I added the above the deck would easily be $6000.

Woops, meant Nether Void of course.

I'm also working on a Shu Yun deck. Mine's more spellsling/voltron, though, a lot fewer creatures. You can look through it to see if there's anything you'd like to add to your own list. I like Jace's Sanctum in yours, might have to make room for that.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/shu-yun-spellfist/

Haven't played magic for 3 or 4 years. Thinking of jumping back in with EDH. Modern seems a little expensive, even the cheapest deck (Merfolk) is £400+. Anyway how is Olivia as a commander? I still have a foil one in my old standard deck.

>Olivia as a commander

i have not personally owned her but she's lowish tier. she's in rakdos colors, which isn't a good thing to start with, and she also isn't *that* strong overall. of course that doesn't matter in EDH as much since games tend to be a lot of fun when everyone plays low tier jank.

her abilities are good in creature heavy metas, but she chews through mana like crazy. she also has no innate evasion so if she actually becomes a threat, she will probably eat removal pretty soon unless you protect her. she also gets pretty funny with basilisk collar and other deathtouch enablers (not sure how many there are in rakdos)

tl;dr she is pretty unique for her colors and not totally awful, but there are better options for her gimmick. you can run a flavorful vampire tribal for her though. really depends on your meta whether she's worth running or not (she will get run over in more powerful metas)

I've no idea what the metas in my area are like that's the problem. I haven't played magic in years. I suppose I could buy a commander premade and scout.

Surprisingly even. Especially since Atraxa has an engineered explosives.

Isn't it great when you surprise your playgrouo by putting a few new cards in your deck?

>playing sen triplets artifact control
>got my hands on a relatively cheap copy of the abyss from someone selling his collection
>playgroup freak the fuck out when I play it
>Proceed to get hated out instantly because they overestimated the card

It was a pretty good time.

>the abyss
I don't see how that justified getting focused. Don't your group run removal?

They do, but it's a really expensive card so they all expected some vintage-tier tech. The only really degenerate cards in the deck are Mana Crypt, metalworker and now the abyss I guess.

Overestimated it, like I said.

>not playing 8 1/2 tails for voltron

>has 'spellfist' in the name
>Elusive Spellfist nowhere to be seen
c'mon son

Good luck.

lol fucking Godo is my most expensive

What do I switch out to the maybeboard in order to main skullclamp?
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/elesh-armymen/

>didn't link previous thread
>didn't change question of the thread
>didn't include discord info

You'd fuck up a wet dream, OP.

how do I build around him?

discord sucks, previous thread is full of autism, and Noone answers thread question anyway. Kill you self faggot.

As the usual OP, I chose not to include the discord last thread because it was incredibly faggy, and you can post a link every thread if you want it to be a thing.

The thing I'm salty about is the stupid picture. Sure, it's edh related, but I always put cards for quick viewing in the catalog.

The previous thread was one of our best in a long time. The thread before that was autism incarnate.

fuck you bitch boy. you are autism incarnate. I bet you play kalia instead of grandmother sengir

>this reply is supposed to convince me to include the discord in the pasts
user, I neither own cargo shorts, nor a mw3 t-shirt. I'm actually a stereotypical "I have a deck utilizing every colour and at a variety of power levels" guy.

My Gitrog deck.

Who else here only 1 deck? :(

Why would I include such a low-impact card, though? Shu Yun's a way better 'spellfist' man

Do you have a deck utilizing grandmother sengir tho?

That post was actually the OP being obnoxious. There are 30ish people in the discord. At this point choosing not to include it because it's a resource you don't like is childish.

>Lel sumg casualfag with a superexpensive atraxa superfirends
>Smashing kiddos faces
>I offer to play because i'm a proud spike.
>Breyagoldfish.jpg.
>Turn 4 he cast atraxa with a liliana of the veil in play, end the turn after activating liliana's +1 and let's her ready to ult on his next turn
>my turn
>Cast Breya (had nim in board)
>Goblin welder a mana rock for the KKI i discarded with liliana
>Win
The look on his face was incredible

And ain't nothing stopping them from posting it themselves. You're not entitled to have your stupid fucking chatroom advertised for you every thread.

So, unless you also had a Nim Deathmantle on board I'm not seeing how you won off of just an Ironworks.

>I don't like tappedout so I'm gonna start excluding it from OP. They can post the link if they want but their not entitled to have it in the OP.

Sounds like I'm making the threads from now on if people can't act like adults.

>Cast Breya (had nim in board)
Read pls

My bad.

Tappedout is a legitimate resource.

The Discord is a fucking circlejerk chatroom.

Probably Erase or Twilight Drover. List seems p tight as it is.

Unblockable. I'd run it on Shu Yun but I would also use the blitz critters too so there's that.

>without shipping
EVERY. FUCKING. TIME.

Read nigga!

>Unblockable. I'd run it on Shu Yun but I would also use the blitz critters too so there's that.
Nah, mine's more of a voltron build than anything.

So, I want to build a new deck. I have a $300 budget. I already have Daretti, Niv- Mizzet, and New Ezuri.

Any suggestions?

>lover of goats
there's really only one way, user
full goat tribal

I got it for 115
Are you proud of me tg?

Something not blue or red.

Too dark is fake.

Yeah, that was my first thought, and I brewed up a Karlov list. However , whatever I build also has to compete with a very well tuned Prossh deck and Karador deck that just LOVES Karmic Guide +Revilark loops.

>this faggot thinking everyone on the internet is the same person
Go for it. I make threads because I'm nice, no one is ever motivated to make a new one, and on all day. I don't really want to in the first place. Just shove your circle jerk in the middle of the pasta so it will take a month or so before identity fagging jackasses take over.

If you're smart, with the recent influx of meme posters, you'd leave it out of the pasta and just post it in the thread, but you're clearly throwing a hissy fit, so do what you like. It was there for literally one thread you sperg.

So build WB Hate.

So maybe something like Kambal stax or Anafenza hatebears?

You don't. Kamigawa had some shit legends, fucking christ

Yeah, that's kind of the mandatory end-result when literally every single rare creature in the entire block had to be Legendary.

Thankfully it has some interesting ones with the literally-unplayable-jank-tier to balance it out. I can't remember many powerhouses from legends aside from Kiki-Jiki.

Uh...?

8.5 Tails, Azami, Kokusho, Godo, Azusa? All of those are just from Champions.

Most of that elesh deck consisted of smashing together everything on edhrec. I'm trying to come up with a good name. Maybe "jerry Sandusky "

Oh damn. Must have had a brainfart for not remembering those. All I had in mind was jank like Shirei and Toshiro

Wrong set. Shirei and Toshi were both Betrayers, not Champions.

And Betrayers still had Hokori, Kira, Ink-Eyes and Hidetsugu.

>Toshiro
>jank

Nigga please.

Would making a sliver hivelord voltron deck be a horrible idea?

Yes, because Slivers are retard-tier to start with and that's with the stupid infinite sliver combo that Queen allows