Why were they taken out of command positions?

Why were they taken out of command positions?

Because they suck.

This was what they were up to in M41; Space Marine takes place an unspecified time after, when Titus has succeeded Sicarius as captain of the Second Company.

Alternate timeline, actually.

(though I'd be happy if Sicarius died)

>Implying he wouldn't be chapter master

What would be the first thing he'd do if he became chapter master?
I'd like those think he'd banish Sicarius to the Eye

An alternate timeline AND an unspecified time after.

Not really. Space Marines happened after Dawn of War 2 which happens a decade after 997 41K.

SPESS MAHREEN happens in 42K which are supppose to be the main setting End Times.

Source on those minis?

The Sternguard kit.

There was supposed to be a 2nd game where Titus escapse from =][= goes full rogue and gets shit done in the name of the Emperor and then in the 3rd game he was supposed to be in the employ of the Inquisition and eventually get his own smurf successor chapter as they recognized the value of his independent thought. However THQ went under and blah blah blah there's not going to be another one.

So he Devs went back and said basically they used the 2nd company colour scheme because it was the most common Ultra scheme and that SM takes place in an alternate timeline where Titus was elevated to captain of the 2nd INSTEAD of Sicarius

>defeating a WAAAAGH! less than a hundred space Marines
>preventing a major chaos incursion and banishing a n over buffed chaos lord
>sucking
Get back to suck Sicarius' dick Leandros.

>Resistant to the Warp Sorcery
>Empowered by Blood
>Healed by Blood

Titus was Khorne's plaything.

>and then in the 3rd game he was supposed to be in the employ of the Inquisition and eventually get his own smurf successor chapter as they recognized the value of his independent thought.
Oh wow, now I'm actually kind of glad those games were never released.

>doubting of the Emperor's knowledge to make warriors capable of self recovering even in the middle of a battle
=][= Inquisitorial forces have been dispatched to your location to deliver the Emperor's judgment on your heretical ass.=][=

Thought of the day
"Heresy grows from idleness"

Sidonus was just a veteran sergeant, but Titus called himself "captain" of the second company while the famed Cato Sicarius was still kicking.

It might be a [/spoiler]you have Captain Diomedes situation, where he isn't a "codex" company captain, but he has the ceremonial position for reasons unknown, possibly a Lysander-style situation where the "original" captain of the second company came back from some scenario and the guy who was not selected to be restored to the position (Titus, obviously) still got to use the ceremonial (?) title of "captain".
I like to imagine Titus and Sidonus spent a lot of time in the Deathwatch, maybe he was a Watch Captain and kept the rank, coming back to the Ultramarines as an honour guard or second company Command Squad "deputy", like how Hairgel from DoW2 wasn't technically a captain, but like a "Delegatus" from Horus Heresy times. The fact that he only leads a tiny force rather than having one sizeable enough to even have vehicles suggests this.

Though even if they have to retcon it so that he's captain of the fourth company or whatever, I'd be fine with that, so long as it's not confirmed non-canon just because a few details were allowed to slip through against canon. Particularly when it appeared the real canon-warping stuff would have come from the sequels (if handled poorly, otherwise it would be badass).

Apologies for atrocious spoiler tag fuckup.

I dunno, we're talking M42 here.

My guess is that Sicarius is actually Chapter Master by then, with Calgar being a venerable dread at best.

Is it really supposed to be them / inspired by them?

I wouldn't have cared as long as I got to play that second one

The Codex Astartes did not support their actions.

With that dreadnought calgar could still try to fulfill his promise of giving cato an Imperial Fisting.

>me when I finished Space Marine

Space Marine takes place in an alternate timeline you morons. Not only did the game developers and writers say so in a behind the scenes video, but you can do the math on Sidonus's age and the scars he got from the first Tyranid invasion, making the game take place before 999.M41 but after first contact with Tyranids, which is when Sicarius is Captain.

This