Was he a good father?

Was he a good father?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q1uS4b3j8Mw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

hell no, that autistic sumbitch couldn't raise a tamagachi if his life depended on it, let alone a bunch of super gene modded super soldiers.

Horus turned out alright, until he got brainwashed by chaos voodoo, at least. And horus is the only individual we know he had a hand in truly raising.

The rest were found after they had already become adults.

Doesn't matter. The Imperium needed Generals, not whiny cry-babies who have daddy issues the minute Daddy goes into the man-cave for a few sec.

If by good you mean the worst possible, sure

No. Possibly the worst father in all of fiction.

>Oh hey Angron, shame about your friends that you've been fighting alongside for years, now you're gonna be my general. Tough shit. Oh, and keeo the nails in your head.

>Perturabo, my boy, you want nothing more than to lead the defense of poanets and construct forts, the thing you're actually decent at? Nah, we have Dorn already, go back to tearing everything down.

>Well, Lorgar, I know you put a lot of effort into building all of this to support me, but for reasons I'm not going to tell you or anyone else I'm going to make YOU take it all apart piece by piece despite all of it being a gift for me.

>Hey Magnus, wanna take a seat over here?

The Emperor was more autistic than Pert and more retarded than Angron, and both of them have reasons to be the way they are.

No.
He's worse than Goku.

TO be fair, they couldn't remove the Nails without killing Angron

Still, he didn't even try to assist Angron's gladiators, so I can't fault Angron for holding a grudge, he would rather have died fighting and Bug E took that from him

this, every primarch had their personality set in stone before he found them.

>be emps
>find Angron
>he is batshit insane and retarded
>Proceed to give him the finest military hardware and forces in the universe to command

I will never understand this.

Damn, now that I think about it goku was a terrible father

Just a bit yeah. He spent most of his kid's life dead or training.

It's a joke but it's one based on fact that Piccolo is honestly a better dad to Gohan than Goku was.

Heck, VEGETA is a better dad to his kids than Goku is.

>Hey Magnus, wanna take a seat?
Fucking kek

He wasn't even a good emperor or a real human bean.

Eat shit, Goku was an excellent father.

The Emperor and His Primarch sons are an example of how unfair divorce court is. Because the Emp was dedicated to uniting humanity, the courts ruled in favor of Chaos. All twenty sons were sent across the void. Unbelievable!

He was a single father, and according to modern media, those don't exist.
Also, sustaining your demigod children on atheism and grilled cheese and then sitting on your golden lazy boy while they all run away to join the circus doesn't really help win father of the year either.

Oh look, it's this thread again...

He gene edit everyone of them to be stronger, faster, smarter and many more things beyond that of a human being, making them capable of mastering any form of art, science and dogma allowing the most to rise above any man on their exile and bringing renewed hope and prosperity to their planets, that's orders of magnitude more than any father have done up until now.

That many of them become fuck ups in their adult's life is by no margin the Emperor's responsibility, he literally made them as perfect as possible.

I WILL FACE THE SIXTEENTH

Magnus was a gud child
He dindu nuthin

>ctf+f that he planned the Horus heresy
>no results

Come on guys.

Goku is like nigger father
NOT THERE.
Vege turned out to be rly focused on that "be good dad" thing.
youtube.com/watch?v=q1uS4b3j8Mw

He didn't give a fuck though. To the emperor angron and all the primarchs were just tools to be used for his end game, specimens.

He essentially says that Angron is going to be his good little pain pig murder machine until hes used him up dry.

I haven't heard this one yet. Please educate me so I may laugh in the future.

>find Konrad Curze
>he's a demented torturing evil Batman
>thinks he's pure leadership material

Has /co/ ever done any writefaggotry where Emps isn't an autistic dickbag? He doesn't even have to be Napoleon 2, at this rate I'll settle for fucking Mussolini-tier. Shit.

Eh, might as well...

Just some headcanon rambling here, but I always pictured the Emperor as a guy who really does have human feelings, but who's also jaded and machiavellian enough to be capable of shit like gambits with the Chaos gods.

And yes, I really do think that he planned for something like the Heresy. I think that the Emperor and Chaos were in a stalemate of sorts - Chaos was powerful enough to prevent the Emperor from uniting Mankind, while the same time Chaos didn't have the means to defeat the Emperor in the materium. Both sides really wanted to get rid of the other, and so the Emperor devised a gambit.

Cue the Primarch Project, and the Emperor then strikes a little deal with the Big Four - "You guys can come in and scatter all my boys across the galaxy. But make sure that they survive. No dropping them in stars or bullshit like that. And make sure they end up on... neutral worlds. Then I'll still do my galactic conquest thing, but my sons will grow up beyond my reach. Then we'll see who they'll follow - and then we'll see who gets to decide the fate of the Materium."

Thus I like to think that Emps was deliberately leaving sons like Angron and Lorgar in a tough spot. Give the ones who are already likely to fall just this extra push, and the coming Heresy will be all the more predictable.

...and then the Chaos gods did the impossible by corrupting [i]Horus[/i] - the one son the Emperor did not expect to fall.

of course, Master of Mankind kinda ruins this little theory, but meh

He was the best father to not only his sons, but humanity as a whole, and he was squandered by those who thought they knew better/fell to the dark whispers of chaos. Humanity was going to be great, but now it only clings to the embers of the once great fire that was the Emperor of man.

He, like Sanguinius and Ferrus Manus were too good for this world, too pure.

He never intended to be a Father, his sons merely saw him as theirs and he permitted this but did not act as they saw he should.

Perhaps these immortal demi-god superhumans should have manned the fuck up.

If you were one of his favorites (Horus, Dorn, Fulgrim) than sure. If you weren't (Perturabo, Curze, Angron) than you were shit out of luck. That being said good fathers aren't supposed to play favorites so Im going to give that a hard no.

I mean he definitely made some retarded decisions, it's just that some of the primarchs were autists from the start. If they all had the personality of Sanguinius or Dorn or Ferrus, they probably wouldn't have had problems.

This
>Horus was raised by the Emperor and was one of the best, most stable Primarch in terms of effectiveness and decency
>the rest were raised by adoptive parents
>most came out alright
>Emps treated them like adults they actually were, but some of them were just manchildren

There is an explanation for this.
You see, back in the old day, Emps was a Batman fan...