>Old Thread:

Kingdom Death is a game.

>which pledge do I get?
Read the kickstarter.
>how is shipping handled?
Read the kickstarter.
>what new expansions are there?
Read the kickstarter.
>why is the game not coming out till 2020?
Read the kickstarter.
>why is this Percival best girl?
Read the kickstarter.
>what is included in the Gamblers Chest?
Read the kickstarter.

>Kickstarter Page: kickstarter.comprojects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15/description
>Adams comments:
kickstarter.com/profile/poots/comments
>Pledge and addon overview: vibrantlantern.com/KDM15/#pledgelevels

Other urls found in this thread:

blackhandpainting.blogspot.com/2016/11/kingdom-death-stone-effect-tutorial.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Had my first successful face-off (no pun intended) with the Butcher. Only lost one survivor. Thank fucking god though, I hate that bastard. Tips for Kingsman?

Hit him in the sides/back, preferably with daggers or melee reach weapons. Avoid heavy gear. Be prepared for survivors behind him to get buttfucked by multiple 3-damage hits. Bring a shield.

Oh, also if you can find his knee location, hit that bitch with a founding stone asap.

Shields will be extremely useful, like said above. I found having shields on all my survivors trivialized the lvl 1 fight.

>b-b-but we won't reach 7,777,777 for a few days because the rush is over!
Fuck you user, whoever you are. I was right.

Yeah. You only really need one guy with a shield but the game gets astronomically easier with shields on everyone. Especially with shield spec in play via mastery.

The steel shield is a trap pick tho, unless you're playing a harvestman survivor.

Never played before, but I find it odd that people wouldn't go after shield research ASAP. Idk, going into it, I know the combat can be brutal, and it happens a lot, so one would think the first thing to make after a weapon is something to protect yourself with. I guess it's all about prioritizing research?

I'm going to be moving in between getting my core Gabe and getting expansions. How does shipping work? Will I be able to update my shipping address?

You will have to confirm your shipping adress when they are about to ship.

You'll be able to change the shipping address, Adam knows that it'll take a long time to deliver everything, so that'll be flexible.

Why IS Percival best girl?

Sexy platemail, mostly. Sexy in the practical kind of way.
You know she's a good girl cos she has such a loyal pupper.

Anyone got the updated picture of the minis that arent re-release

Because an extremely powerful monster with a small army of worshippers exists just because it wants to see her again and protect her because he is literally her pet dog who took up the sword when she left

Anyone have pictures how this model looks from behind?

Yeah

Smooth.

>that ass beckoning to come fuck it
No, I mean it literally is. What the fuck Poots?

another angle

A surprising lack of Goatse

Adam has limits, not many, but some apparently.

Gorm

>is the plane of faces hot or cold?
It's whatever you feel most uncomfortable in.

Nightmare Ram is my favorite monster, that sculpt is unsettlingly gorgeous. Mosquito lady looks sweet as hell too.

>is the plane of faces hot or cold?

It's not too warm, as the event for Hands of Heat quite clearly describes.
But it's not exactly freezing either.

Does this seem accurate to everyone? Not 100% sure on the Knights or the Lion God, but other than that I feel it is pretty accurate.

>Node 1
>White Lion, Gorm, Frogdog
Basic quarries that can be taken immediately after the tutorial. No requirements to fight them.
>Node 2
>Antelope, Spidicules, Flower Knight, Oblivion Misquito
A early game hunt. Shows up near the start of the campaign, but an ambitious player willing to set up a custom campaign could throw them into the LY1 slot and start hunting them right away.
>Node 3
>Phoenix, Dung Beetle Knight, Nightmare Ram(?)
These monsters make up the core of your game. The early game is spent building up to start hunting them, with the late game being about improving the efficiency of farming them.
>Node 4
>Dragon King, Sun Stalker, Lion God
Late game monsters with high rewards. Used to gear up before the showdown with the boss of your campaign. Not featured in the core game.
>Node 5
>Watcher(?), Screaming God
Late game bosses. Unlike other nodes there is a hard limit of 1 per game. Fighting it triggers the endgame.

>Nemesis Nodes
>Butcher, Kingsmen, The Hand, Slenderman, Manhunter, Lion Knight, Pariah
Impedes your development. Not able to be hunted by choice (except through innovations), but instead enter your settlement to make life more difficult on you.

Unsettling beauty is a big hallmark for KD sculpts, one of the things I love about it if I'm honest.

Because she is pure, selfless, and her desire to protect people and fight back against the darkness was so strong that even in death she continues to offer aid.

I really, REALLY want there to be a Black Knight expansion of a settlement under the protection of the BK that, learning from it, slowly takes up the mantle of the Black Knights of old.

> The Black Knights were founded by a militaristic settlement that hoped to conqueror the darkness and provide a safe haven for humanity.

We know that the Black Knights embarked on some great crusade and never returned, but we don't know what against. Perhaps that enemy that destroyed the original Black Knight order is the final boss in that game setup.

Exploding Kittens - 219,382 backers - $8,782,571 - $40.03 avg pledge per backer
Kingdom Death: Monster - 14,985 backers - $7,801,034 - $520.59 avg pledge per backer

Dunno if we're gonna break that, we need around 2000 more people pledging at least 500 or people already backing to increase their pledges by $70

Now I'm kinda tempted to do some homebrewing, this is a really, really great concept.

>We know that the Black Knights embarked on some great crusade and never returned, but we don't know what against.

Wouldn't it be great if that mysterious enemy is, in fact, the Lion Knight?
The Lion Knight is created to lead the armies of the Golden Entity. Leading a legion against some human settlement, the Black Knights are called to action to stop him.
In a long and bloody campaign, the Lion Knight and its armies prove superior. But by the end of the slaughter against the human but unrelenting Black Knights, the Lion Knight comes to realize that he doesn't actually understand humans at all. He knows how to fight them, how to kill them, but not what makes them do what they do. What could possibly drive them to sacrifice so much in the defense of others they don't even know?
The question ate away at the Lion Knight so much that he abandoned his post and walked out into the darkness, seeking the answers among the other settlements.
This is why the Lion Knights play is about heroes and villains, with himself cast in the lead role. The nature of heroism and sacrifice is alien to him, but its something he desperately wants to understand.

Doesn't sound too implausible.

> Lion Knight comes to the BK settlement for his usual song and dance routine.
> Starts to set up shop
> The Black Knight appears, and the two knights see each other.

Do you think the Lion Knight would be frenzied by seeing a Black Knight again, after all this time? Or would he be overcome with grief and melodrama by being confronted by the ghost of what he has been chasing after?

"Yes, at last! My true villain. No more rehearsals, this is the climax! This is how our story ends!"

Makes sense, but the target of the crusade would have been the Golden Entity/Holy Lands. Which given their treatment of humans (Wet Nurse, [Grand]Mother, etc.) doesn't seem too implausible for 'free' humans like Percival to have opposed. It would also mean that the Black Knights directly combated the White Knights, which is a plus on theme. Twist: Percival was taken alive and is one of the women in the Lion Knight's retinue.

Both knights have a habit of doing their best motionless statue impressions, which makes for an interesting parallel.

That, and Survivors plus Black Knight versus Serious Business Lion Knight could be a heck of a fight. On one hand, monster on your side tanking most of the hits. On the other hand, potentially strict timer in AI cards before Lion Knight has Black Knight down

It could go either way. While I'm sure the Black Knights would have opposed the Holy Lands, I don't see how they would have thought they could mount an invasion against it. Unless the Black Knights were either a lot more powerful than we have been shown (strong enough to try and challenge the Golden Entity directly, instead of just its servants) or really stupid and picked a fight they never could have won.

Noble stupidity and weaboo fightin' magic go a long way ;) While the Golden Entity seems to be possibly the biggest fish up right now (though against the Scribe and Goblin it hasn't been tested) humans CAN defeat entity-level beings -- see the flavor on the Sword Hunter White Speaker. And we know they got TPK'd in any case.

That, and I kind of doubt that the Entity builds armies of White Knights with the Lion Knight brothers to lead them for wholly defensive and police action. Taking on an attempt by the Holy Lands to expand in a meaningful way still involves direct aggression against the Entity's armies and conflict with the Lion Knight without being quite as cataclysmicly bull-headed

Hi, you must be new to Kickstarter! Do you have any questions you need help with?

Okay, that I will buy. I just thought that the Black Knights trying to storm the Holy City itself as their first move was probably pretty stupid.

So for a Black Knight settlement... I imagine there would be unique endeavors to Knight Watch - follow the black knight around and try and learn from it. If he catches you he might hurt or kill you, but if you get luck you learn sweet fighting arts or get a free resource from something he kills.

Also a '"Hidden Room" settlement event. This is the ruins of the black knight camp/fortress, and one year you find a previously unexplored room or basement. You probably just get scrap or bones, but if you are lucky you might find intact gear (like a steel sword or shield). Obviously, on a 1, the room collapses and someone dies. This is Kingdom Death, after all.

I, for one, am planning to wait until the last few days of the kickstarter to add my add-on pledges. I know I am going to get 2, maybe ever 3, of the new expansions. But I am still on the fence about which ones, and since new ones are being revealed I can't say for sure what I am getting until I have all the cards on the table.

Not sure how many other people are doing that.

>2 new Flower Knight AI cards because he is too leeasy :^)
Poots should instead fix some of the other shit of the expansions than just making the FK harder just because Twitch ran through it because of their retarded house rules.

>Also a '"Hidden Room" settlement event.
Gonna play with that for a moment...

Something on the lantern hoard replacement like *: Nominate a survivor to Search the Ruins. Roll 1d10. 1 - Disaster! Spend all your survival (at least 1) or die. 2,3 - Lost. Lose all your survival, skip next hunt if you didn't lose at least 1. 4-7 - Find nothing, lose 1 survival and roll again. 8-9 - Find a random basic resource 10 - If courage is high enough, find some particular rare gear, limit once per campaign. If low courage or gear already claimed, gain a skull.

>Butthurt over the spontaneous addition of two cards to the GC

I doubt he's going to spend much effort on that.

Since it is a Kickstarter, What are the odds of the core game shipping on time?

Its not getting added to the expansion for real, just the GC. So I imagine they will be silly. Possibly silly and deadly, but still silly.

Pretty good. He had already delivered once, and nothing he has revealed about the 1.5 updates are super extravagant. I suspect the expansions might ship later than expected, because new products and playtesting, but the core/update packs should be really simple.

>Summer Solstice (summer) 2017
Pretty low
>Before Fall Equinox 2017
Actually decent, supposedly the Cores are basically ready for the factory
>2017
I'd actually be surprised if the cores didn't manage to ship in the promised year.

The later-to-be-delivered items are more likely to be delayed IMO. That, and Gambler's Chest will probably hit delays big time with the random additions happening.

POOTS IS AWAKE
O
O
T
S

I
S

A
W
A
K
E

How does implementing multiple nemesis work? I'm buying an original kickstarter game off a buddy and he's throwing in manhunter. If I wanted to include the pariah would they both show up on year 5 or worse one of them be an easy fight if they should up later?

Showed* up later, damn mobile

Nemesis rulebooks show their own rules for when they're encountered.

The Node system is part of the Advanced Rules included in the Gamblers Chest.

The Tyrant does start with Destiny´s Marrow in play, does he not?
It does not say that anywhere, but I don´t see how the purple icons could work any other way.
Also damn he looks tough for the first Nemesis we have to fight, hope it goes well.

BLACK KNIGHT EXPANSION FUCKING WHEN POOTS

Ok, so I recently saw the 1.5 kickstarter.
Being one of those sorry sobs that was low on money last time, I never got the game.
But this time, despite having money (not in abundance... but still, I have a steady income), id like to ask the people here.
Would it be worth the $250 they want for the MONSTER box? Its still hell of a lot of money (for a family man) to place on a game that will come at its earliest 2020!

Give me your feedback of the game, review and why its worth it or why its not.

you know someone is just gonna take an exacto knife and cut in a nice slit

Read the FAQ dumbass.

1) The base game will be sent Summer 2017. Timeline FAQ is a bit more detailed than it looks.

2) The retail value of the box is $400, at $250 you're getting it cheap. And there's sooo much content there, even with just the base game.

3) A full campaign, assuming you succeed, will easily take you 40-60 hours to complete.

So your saying the question "is your game worth $250" is actually in the FAQ?

Now you listen dumbass, I asked here because I wanted an honest opinion from guys who actually bought the game last time, people who have actually tried and play the game. And if they thought it worth the cash spent. So please, do us all a favor, and kill yourself, you wont be missed.

you're a stupid cunt and i hope your kids get butt cancer

4 starting survivor models
4 geared survivors per armor kit
6 armor kits
2 bonus survivor models
3 small sized monsters
3 medium sized monsters
1 large sized monster

Consider that an armorkit sprue has a $25 value.

Well I wasn't exactly looking in to the retail value, as we all know a very few people will buy this game outside the kickstarter (as stated on the kickstarter itself, this game is simply to expensive to sell on the mainstream market).

I was more curious if guys who actually bought the game thought it was worth it, during the last kickstarter. Is if fun, is it something you must devote your life to, can you play it on a casual level. And so on and so on, thus me asking for more of a review, which both of you must have missed.

$X>$Z doesn't really tell me if you guys thinks the product is worth its salt.

So despite the date on the kickstarter saying it will have an estimated delivery date on 2020, the FaQ says 2017? Sounds dodgy to say the least.

If you read the FAQ you'd know the game is shipping Summer 2017. Fuck you, we don't need leeches like you shitting up the Kickstarter comments any further than it already is.

Yes it is worth that money (for 250, getting the core game alone is still a steal. Lots of replay value and the models are sweet) and you can expect the core game at least significantly sooner than 2020.

The models alone are worth the price of 250, and the game itself is really well designed. You are even getting v1.5, so things have been polished even further.

I understand its not cheap, but you won't be disappointed. And you can pick up expansions (if you want them) later one at a time for less strain on your wallet.

Again dumbass, I was asking for the players if they thought they got their moneys worth out of it. Not "well, according to my math right here, I got X worth out of this boxy that really should cost me Y".
Again, was it worth the money? Do you, as a player think you got the fun factor (if you call it that) out of this game? Did you buy it and leave it on the shelf because it was boring, or did you devote your life to it? Was the quality of the miniatures living up to the idea you had about it, and so on.

This is the meaning of feedback and review, your own thoughts of the game so to speak, not "well they told me this sprue was worth X amount, so it must be worth it... right?"

Adam put together a shipping timeline, it's at the bottom of the Campaign Page in full, here's a summary.

Wave 1 - Estimated Delivery Summer 2017
Core Game / 1.5 Update Pack

Wave 2 - Estimated Delivery Winter 2017 (Still hoping for Summer 2017)
Current Expansions

Wave 3 - Estimated Delivery Spring 2018
Gambler's Box, Promo and cross-over figures

Wave 4 - Estimated Delivery Spring 2019
New Expansions

Wave 5 & Beyond - Estimated Delivery Winter 2020

Is the Game good and/or fun, the general consensus (including myself): yes it is.
There is a lot of replayability, a lot of depth, a ton of content and it is really fun game.

>And if you read the kickstarter you will see it says estimated delivery 2020

Well ain't you a fucking twat if I ever saw one. Get a fucking life you fucking shit stain.

Have you ever been to a pigfarm? Them poopers are pretty loose.

Best answer so far, thanks guys. But regarding the shitty community response you got from 2 minutes on this site, Ill have to think about it.

I feel like the gameplay needs to be simplified. The game is just a mess of +1 to X here, -1 to X there, you have to remember 1000 things at once, it's really easy for anything to slip up, especially once you hit lantern year 3+.

Overall I feel like the actual fun of the game comes from its narrative, and the cumbersome game mechanics only detract from it...

>shitty community response
We get people asking questions that could very easily be answered by the KS page at least once a thread.
Had you not had that >2020 bit, the response would have been overwhelmingly positive.

Honestly this game is only worth it if you have a group of dedicated hardcore RPG fans who are willing to put in the time required to play a campaign of this, which will probably last you 100+ hours. Then sure, it's worth it, and at that point you might be able to even share some of the cost with your buddies.

If this is a game you are going to buy and only play a few matches, then $250 is really way too much. Get yourself a couple of cool board games for $30-$50 a pop and have fun with your family!

with love
- user

Not my fault people cant comprehend the dude wrote estimated delivery 2020 on the fucking kickstarter site. Not everyone goes straight for an FAQ, especially if you just wondered about the general thoughts of the game. My thoughts regarding the harsh responses is that this thread is filled to the brim with sexually frustrated virgins, that hates the fact they will never score girls as hot as the pinups in this game. I could be wrong of course, but at least its a theory.

If you found the Kickstarter you could have also googled "Kingdom Death Monster reviews" or went straight to BGG. But you didn't. Because you always go off half-cocked, don't you?

1000x this.
I've got a buddy who owns an LCS I can game with every other day, that and other friends popping in will make this game worth it.

2020 shipping is just a meme that you stumbled into. There have been a lot of jokes/shitposts about it.

>My thoughts regarding the harsh responses is that this thread is filled to the brim with sexually frustrated virgins, that hates the fact they will never score girls as hot as the pinups in this game.
Assuming you're not someone else trying to direct bile at the original dude:
we go over this literally every single thread. People are fed up. Imagine your daughter asks you for candy every ten minutes, only instead of your daughter she's an anonymous stranger, and instead of candy it's information freely obtainable otherwise.
Also,
>not reading the full KS page every time

The game plays great solo. In fact I'd say better since you and yourself alone decide the fate of the settlement.

Thanks man, exactly the response I was looking for.
Id have to have a session with my buddies first and foremost then. As I expected, this game will mostly be wroth its dough if you live by it. Then having several other games on the menu simply isn't an option I take it.

Seems extremely fun, but I'm afraid Id never get my gaming group that dedicated.

Like said, the game also works really well solo.
No "drama" as you have full control over the available resources, but it's obviously harder to share the stories that flow out of playing the game.

See I need to be more awake before cross referencing messages on this board...
Time to add more coffee.

>finally received my wet nurse (not pinup)

Nice alternative view, this lifts the idea that id actually would be worth getting, if only to play for myself! Like a one man hobby if you will. Hell, I play Zombicide alone all the time, just trying to beat several scenarios that seems impossible when playing as a group.

The core game ships next year sometime between the middle and end of the year. The 2020 date is the deadline for all the extra content. So between 2017 and 2020, depending on your pledge level, is when you would recieve said additional content, but the core game is next year.

Gambler's chest is also worth getting though, and right now that's only $100 more for something chockfull of game content and high quality miniatures.

The core game being 250 is also a discount, as it retails for $400. Because there's a lot of content and some really nice miniatures.

This is Veeky Forums. What the fuck were you expecting, because if it wasn't vitriol directed at you for not reading the FAQ (Fucking first post in this thread stating several times you should read the FAQ before asking), which answers most of your questions, then I don't know what you expected. There are tons of videos, reviews, and websites that don't have Veeky Forums's history of toxicity to the world at large.

It was bait to begin with.
>...omg all this hype for a game not shipping until 2020?!!! Oh golly, why don't you nerds tell me all about it?

Does anyone else here feel like the new expansions are generally going to be better than the old expansions?

Just looking at the contents of them most of the new expansions so far have a lot more plastic and a lot more cards than the old expansions did. Multiple large monsters, sometimes with minions helping out, a number of them with multiple armor sets, hell even the nemesis we've seen comes with survivor figures. And the pitches have far more unique concepts in them. It's not just, 'here's a thing you can go hunt or occasionally shows up to hunt you' but rather rather a thing that interacts with the larger ecosystem of the game more.

I feel like Poots and his team have learned from the original expansions what exactly makes a good expansion work and that these new ones are going to really benefit from that knowledge.

I feel that, if nothing else, these new expansions are more ambitious than most of the first wave was.

Each expansion has always had its gimmick, but the new ones are trying more ambitious gimmicks, like dungeon tiles or minion encounters. Which is nice to see, considering how easily poots could have just given us new monsters that were still basically just slugfests.

Of course. It's been years since the original pitch of the expansions. He's gotten a lot of experience in the meantime from the production side to the sales data. It only makes sense that as the game grows older the newer expansions will become more unique and complex. It's hard to hype up, or get hyped about vanilla encounters now that we've been spoiled of choice.

It's hard to say because we haven't seen the rules and such yet but that is the impression I'm getting somewhat. It seems like they're taking a strong iterative approach to their game design and really learning how to expand on it a lot more than the first game. Take the Pariah - his first form is like any other nemesis (shows up, fucks you up) but he has a whole one winged angel showdown you get to do. Screaming god seems to have encounters like the Mosquito and so on. They're all looking pretty rad god I want them all

all these KD models look great in plain grey,but what happens if you paint them.
to me its like the greek statues thing, they look artful when plain marble, but then you learn they were gaudy and ugly painted in ancient times

You are right, they look so much worse after they've been painted.

They don't even have to be painted to that high of a standard to look good, just above average warham tabletop quality.

>but a true least it's a theory
A GAME THEORY
THANKSFERWATCHIN

blackhandpainting.blogspot.com/2016/11/kingdom-death-stone-effect-tutorial.html
It's also super easy to do this if you don't paint the cracks, that takes real skill.
And the reconstructed painting on the classical marble stuff was probably all base coat, they could be gorgeous and we'd never know.

still just kinda looks like a marble statue tho.

>you have the friends necessary to regularly game with once a week
>they love the game
>they are gigantic babywomen that are scared of having characters die to level 2 fights or particularly tough monsters
>we will never beat the game because they are terrified by the possibility of glorious death

The game is worth 400 us imo.

I said better than your average warhams tabletop quality, not worse.