Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Where were you when Magdh's Fey Obedience + Intelligence swaps obsoleted Wisdom and Charisma even more?

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

the-shattering-of-darkmoon-vale.obsidianportal.com/wikis/shoanti
pathfinder.wikia.com/wiki/Shoanti
pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Shoanti
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/lycanthrope
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Playing a charisma based character anyway.

I'm too smart to worship some filthy fucking fey creature.

Is there any way to swap wis for cha on a war soul?

Says the guy probably worshiping some upstart Human

You take that back!

What is with /pfgs/ obsession with making everything Charisma?

>Character has flight speed 50 but land speed 30? no problem
>Character has swim speed 60 but land speed 30? sure
>Character has climb speed 40 but land speed 20? totally fine
>Character is able to jump 40 ft but has land speed 30? HELL NO!
Why?

>tfw to intelligent to worship

There are already options for wis swaps and int swaps, so people want cha swaps as well.

t. Pure Legion

Because a lot of the powers manifested from 'inside oneself' are cha based, and as said there's already options for a lot of int / wis swaps, why not cha?

It's to reduce MAD for me, because unfortunately most point buy (or even rolling systems) don't let you have high numbers in every area.

>Int Swaps
Like what. There's living Legend, but those can't e war souls and it also carries a lot of fluff baggage.

>too intelligent to worship
>not intelligent enough to irrigate

No. Brutality Blade is charisma though ain't it?

What country has the best banter in Avistan? The Australia of Golarion, in other words.

The Australia of Golarion? That'd be Sargava.

Because /pfg/ is obsessed with terrible things, and Cha is the worst ability score.

We're just a proper land of misfits, aren't we?

Speaking of terrible things, Can someone give me good primer on the Shoanti? I know they're like warrior native Americans or something. but that's the extent of my knowledge.

Its for RotJR

Because autism, no, really, the whole problem with you being able to jump farther than your speed is because "well duh, then you'll use jump as a way of movement!" which already happens when you have flight.

Also takes less resources to rise land speed than to rise jump a meaningful distance.

>Can someone give me good primer on the Shoanti?

They're the warrior caste of the Thassilonian Empire left to fend for themselves for a couple thousand years, they're shamelessly Native American in flavor but in appearance they're some mutt combination of Varisian, Ulfen and Kellid.

They've got a lot of bad blood with their neighbors to the South, notably Korvosa - they get along just fine with the native Varisians.

Read up on this for more information!
the-shattering-of-darkmoon-vale.obsidianportal.com/wikis/shoanti (Includes an awesome list of Shoanti sayings, very useful for characters!)
pathfinder.wikia.com/wiki/Shoanti
pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Shoanti

GUYS THIS IS VITALLY IMPORTANT!!

i need to stat a WereReindeer.

>d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/lycanthrope

Wouldn't that be a hybrid of the Wereboar and Weretiger? Reindeer are quick and nimble, but got those awfully vicious horns!

Spell caster variant

>Belor Hemlock is shown as black in the original RotRL book
>He's actually Shoanti
>Pic related

That book did a lot of things wrong with their art, Ameiko looks *nothing* like the lovely youth she's described as being.

Don't forget to convert Rudolph's nose into a plasma lance!

>As a standard action once every 3 rounds, an annihilator can fire a 120-foot-long line of plasma from its tail. All creatures in this area take 20d6 points of damage (Reflex DC 22 half). Half of this damage is fire and half is electricity. The save DC is Intelligence-based.

Legend says that the artist hated the guts of James Jacob when someone slipped out that Ameiko and other characters were actually PCs the game developers had played with before.
Hence the guy draw Ameiko as a crazy crack junkie bitch.

Clever Wordplay
Bruising Intellect
Student of Philosophy
Pragmatic Activator
Cunning Liar

Those are just for Int-to-skill.

he's already got a lance.

That's fucking hilarious. Also, Jubrayl's art fits. None of the others do.

This Belor looks much better.

>Legend says that the artist hated the guts of James Jacob when someone slipped out that Ameiko and other characters were actually PCs the game developers had played with before.

Oh god, I can believe it, especially since Paizo was still a young company and didn't have the clout they do now among artists.

It *really* fucked up the way I perceived the setting, too. When all your artwork is pulp comic or even cartoonish in style, that tends to fuck up the tone you assign to that setting.

Orator.
Empiricist.

Is it wrong that i see the Shoanti as inhabitants of the Monster Hunter world?

>Also, Jubrayl's art fits. None of the others do.

>He likes the slimy charlatan more than the handsome scoundrel

the armor and pose look familia- OH
it's fucking Galamoth from CV:SotN redrawn as a reindeer hahahaha that's actually kinda great?

That's basically what they are, user!

They're big, they're tough, if half-giants were a thing in Golarion they'd certainly come from one of the Quahs (this is the ethnic group that gave us "Bred for War" after all, the only trait with a height requirement.)

>He likes the handsome scoundrel more than the slimy charlatan

For what I know many artist can't stand James Jacobs because the guy doesn't have any fucking idea of theory of aesthetics or history of art. This is proven by his devotion of Reynold's art to which he even fanboys front of other artists.
Also, if you are an artist and you have the disgrace of work in the art for an AP in which one of Jacobs' characters appear be ready to be commissioned for extra official lewd art.

Reminder that GM is merely another player in the game.
Cut your GM some slack.

>yfw you'll never play in a campaign where you play as the warriors in a small Shoanti tribe that hunts huge monsters to survive.

Will i explode if I take levels in both arcane magic and divine magic?

But I like Reynold...

What you are describing is playing as a Shoanti (probably bodyguard) in Serpent's Skull or Giantslayer!

Speaking of monster hunter

Why is she wearing the Gunner Barioth set, when she's clearly a Blademaster?

Wayne Reynolds tries *very* hard, but oh my god do I hate his art style. It doesn't fit a setting like Golarion at all, and I wager that's one of the many reasons I had trouble immersing myself into the world until way later.

His artwork is detailed, but *ugly*, it presents a world-view that's vaguely cartoonish and comic-book when it's obvious from the landscape artwork or heck, stuff from Crimson Throne that they were clearly going for a more "realistic" (in comparison) aesthetic, I mean god damn imaging if the art was drawn in the same vein as the stuff from CotCT or Inner Sea Races!

Ron Spencer once said that Reynold is as crazy as a soup of cockatoos on cocaine because he is a closeted homo.

Yeah I got nuthin' right now. Have a half-assed wizard reaction image in the mean time.

>Where were you when Magdh's Fey Obedience + Intelligence swaps obsoleted Wisdom and Charisma even more?
What does Magdas Obedience have to do with wisdom or charisma at all?

That's the point. It gives another bonus to intelligence so that you don't need wis or cha.

Best options for a gestalt Unchained Monk/Kineticist building towards DBZ style close combat with intermittent big damage blasts?
I can be swayed on the Monk side of things, but I'd like to be a Kineticist if possible (I bought some books). All 3pp available.

Any suggestions at all that aren't just "kineticist is the worst class" appreciated. Cheers, Veeky Forums

I understand what you mean, but none of those are such big negative aspects to me.
His use of color, his excess, they are all the reasons I love his work.
It drops all that clean pretense lot of old fantasy art has, and is more guttural, more visceral, tactile.

>implying regular irrigation works when Aroden crashed your local climate pattern with no survivors by dying and making a super-hurricane
>implying Sarenrae's not drying out all of their already limited freshwater sources as revenge for them rejecting her even though Kalim Onaku is basically her fault

No, it is to skills that are not Wis or cha based, it has no baring on them, would a feat that gives +4 to all charisma based skills give an unfair advantage to charisma over wisdom? No, infact the opposite it allows you to make higher checks with less investment, it devalues the stat in question.

How to make character with dual personality? Any suggestions?

Where's the Wis or Cha version of Maghd's boon?

Have two distinct personalities in mind.

Hey hey! Sarenrae's all about redemption and second chances... But since Rahadoum rejected her forceful attempts at conversion they clearly need the Plagues unleashed on their people!

It's called Magdh's boon it is going to help a wisdom or charisma based class alot more then an int based, hell imagine it with bardic knowledge.

>implying Sarenrae's not drying out all of their already limited freshwater sources as revenge for them rejecting her even though Kalim Onaku is basically her fault

NEUTRAL
GOOD

>reminder that Sarenrae let the people of Gormuz settle on top of the Dead Vault and only sent them a vision once or twice to misinterpret
>reminder that she let them build a cult around the location and /then/ sent her herald to correct them
>reminder that when they killed her herald she struck down the city and opened the Pit of Gormuz, letting the Spawn of Rovagug out
>reminder that the Tarrasque is Sarenrae's fault

My personal opinion is that it was her mistake caused by her nature of being merely an upgraded angel.

Proper gods like Asmodeus do not make mistakes like that.

No, because it gets full retard when you stack it with Clever Wordplay, Cunning Liar, Student of Philosophy, and/or Orator.

So i want this Shoanti to have made the a vow on the spirits of her dead tribe to kill and eat one of every creature under the sun to prove that her tribe can be strong and prosperous, even when she's the last member.

What sort of revelation would spark this kind of vow? "The Strong eat the Weak?", "the best way to prove that you're stronger than your foe is to eat them?"

I have a general idea here, but i'm having trouble fleshing it out. into actual paragraphs.

>tfw forever DM
Who else here has upwards of 5 character concepts/sheets floating around that they'll never get to use?

If so, post em. I wanna hear.

How, explain how +4 to knowledge checks for a feat is even a good choice?

Does anyone have that ranged Harbinger homebrew?

If you have Orator, then it is also to social skills. And to UMD with Pragmatic Activator. Which makes Cha even more useless than it already is.

What about all the other ascended gods, like Norgorber, Razmir, Iomedae or Cayden Cailean? They aren't nearly as prone to going against the grain with their people.

She's an NG Goddess of Redemption and Mercy, and her reaction to rejection is to strangle the entire country to death. This is like... The Plagues of Egypt, only without the Hebrews or high-level Oracle.

>Razmir
>ascended god
>laughingSivanah.webm

>Craft
>all Knowledges
>Linguistics (hello Orator)
>Spellcraft

This is before the Int swaps. You have some for Bluff, Diplomacy, USE MAGIC DEVICE...

You're having trouble because it's a flawed concept from the onset; flesh-eating in tribal societies is seen as either an incredible honor (absorbing your kin's strength and memory) or an act of total domination to your foes (eating their flesh to gain their powers.) What you've made is a character built entirely around what is meant to be a sacred, special thing, a thing your character would do in some dark and dismal night after slaying a major BBEG or after losing a beloved PC.

That is what happens when you drift from your fathers light

>>Linguistics (hello Orator)
Hello two fucking feats to do someone else job.

Linguistics barely fucking comes up.

They still have their human perspective mixed with their godness.

So she is a goddess of mercy and redemption. But she even before the accident she was known for going full executioner on you if you in the end forsake her promise of mercy.

What happened there was her merely snapping like usual, but in unprecedented scale. And it probably shocked the goddess too, when she finally came down from her fit of anger.

>Skinsaw Cult
>not a god
>DOOT
>A LITERAL DRUNK

And don't forget Aroden "Dead As A Doornail" Nolastname!

Rolling for stats is still the best way to create characters.

shut up wayne, you fucking suck at art.

Rolled 5, 3, 1, 6, 1, 4, 2, 1, 6, 6, 3, 2, 5, 6, 3, 4, 6, 5, 4, 1, 3, 6, 1, 4 = 88 (24d6)

Is it possible to use Spheres to make a "totally not a Stand User" magic tradition?

I have way more fucking characters then I can even remember offhand, but

>A Warlock Vigilante that is convinced they're THE BEST, and that clearly they are superior to everyone else. Literally just a male version of pic-related
>A magus who wanted to be a paladin, but got kicked out because he was a loose cannon
>A Mercurial Duelist Vigilante at all tfw too broke to afford the book its in, and forgot about it when drunk santa user was asking what books to buy
>A Skinwalker Sanctified Slayer Inquisitor that used to be a town guard's "attack dog"

Rolling characters is fun in some systems, but this is not that system. At least not without generous rolling criteria.

Okay that has nothing to do with +4 to knowledge checks. All that stuff makes charisma useless without that obidiance, the obidiance existing does not devalue cha at all it has no baring on it, it's a bad feat unless you are using it as a prerequisite for other stuff.

14, 7, 15, 15, 15, 13
I hope the DM tells me what class to play next.

But doesn't it also work? Like she might know the basics of it, but has a fundamental misunderstanding of how it "Should" be. It should be the ultimate respect for your fallen friends and family, or ultimate domination of your foes.

She simply sees it as an avenue of gaining more strength and power. "You lost to me, and thus you must give your strength to me." And while it's worked to a great degree for her, its a corrupted and evil thing.

Rolled 6, 5, 1, 1, 6, 4, 6, 5, 3, 2, 1, 5, 6, 4, 1, 5, 5, 2, 1, 2, 1, 4, 2, 3 = 81 (24d6)

>try to roll as well
>options menu eats my roll and doesn't spit out a number

You spend two feats to get three skills in one. Also, one of these feats boosts it by +3. If you are a wizard or something you are not feat starved.

>Hello two fucking feats to do someone else job.

Do someone else's job with a "hahahaha, fuck you, mine is way higher" bonus.

>tfw you eventually find yourself playing skillmonkeys/non-combat casters because combat is boring and roleplaying is fun

It's +4 to ALL Intelligence-based skill checks.

>At least not without generous rolling criteria.

2d6+6?

> If you are a wizard or something you are not feat starved.
[NERVOUS LAUGHTER]

That's 12, 17, 10, 15, 9, 9.

I would play with that.

Knowledge AND Spellcraft. And Craft. That obedience alone doesn't make Cha useless, it just spits in its already bukkaked face.

Lies.

>believing Satan
>ever
>when he can't even reconquer Colonial America, Vive Le Revolution, and the Bearded Byzantine Buffoons for you

I don't think the playtest version is too different from the final version for mercurial duelist, so you should be overall solid there. Maybe a few new talents, some name shifting, and a sweet NPC, but nothing major.

>when he can't even reconquer Colonial America, Vive Le Revolution, and the Bearded Byzantine Buffoons for you
Hey, it's hard to find good help these days. Minions are incompetent.

So which feats will you miss if you are a human wizard?

Okay, so she knows enough about the magic behind eating her enemies... But doesn't understand the context nor significance behind surface-level knowledge that it gives her power? How did she even get such a warped and twisted view of such a sacred thing without anyone correcting her? Either she's monstrous and doesn't care, or she's a genuine cannibal that loves the taste of humanoid meat sliding deep down her throat, and observers brave enough (or mad enough) to stick around told her the cultural importance of flesh eating.

This is a woman that's going to either reveal her monstrous nature or have a huge crisis of self when a genuine Shoanti tells her how wrong she is in this activity, and let's not forget the mayor of Sandpoint is a Shoanti. What she's doing is WRONG.