Warhammer 40k general

Only the most epic of memes edition
previous

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Older stuff in PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>As current as the FAQs get
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE CLOWNS):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Tau(7E)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for Khorne.

Schrödinger's Sisters of Battle Codex when?

3rd for Walkers aren't Vehicles.

Reposting this here since I had poor timing in the other
As a new person. I want to start off playing kill team. I have decided on tau. However I can't decide if I buy the kill team box or go straight for the start collecting box. Can someone help me with this decision? There are a few local game stores that people play both Kt and regular games

It's indeterminate until you collapse the waveform.

nth Flying Monstrous Creatures arent Monstrous Creatures

flyers aren't vehicles

Are:

Walkers vehicles?
FMCs MCs?
GMCs MCs?
FGMCs FMCs? MCs?
Fast Skimmers actually Skimmers?
Skimmers vehicles?
Transports vehicles?
Infantry (Character)s Infantry?

But mah turn 1 Maulerfiend charge!!!

710 points? Not 750?

>10 points over the points limit I am going to assume you and your opponent agreed to so I can react with outrage
WHAT THE FUG, CUD ID OUT

No
No
No, No
No
No
No
No

Currently playing DE and Necrons, anything to round out the gameplay?

>Walkers vehicles?
>FMCs MCs?
>GMCs MCs?
>FGMCs FMCs? MCs?
No

>Fast Skimmers actually Skimmers?
>Skimmers vehicles?
>Transports vehicles?
>Infantry (Character)s Infantry?
Yes

>Walkers vehicles?
nope

>FMCs MCs?
definitely not

>GMCs MCs?
yes

>FGMCs FMCs? MCs?
no

>Fast Skimmers actually Skimmers?
yes

>Skimmers vehicles?
no

>Transports vehicles?
sometimes

>Infantry (Character)s Infantry?
>no

Well, it ended up like this. Might give the other sarge a power sword, also it should ba power sword when it say a bolt pistol for the vet sarge

Psykers

What's her name, Veeky Forums?

That one unit you love the model/fluff of, but are garbage in game.

>Terminator Sorceror

The plastic kit is so cool, but they're just so overcosted.

RATE ME

For my Tyranids, Carnifex.
For my Space Marines, Dreadnoughts.

I'm making a slaanesh leadership penalty army to take advantage of the crazy cool slaanesh demon discipline.

What are the most cost effective ways to lower leadership?

I can't tell if these lads are being cheeky or we got some honest-to-Emperor retards in here.

LICTOR
I
C
T
O
R

Also hasn't had a model do it real justice since 2e.

Kharn T.T

Not an argument faggot

BODIES VS BODIES LETS GO

Now, its better I hope.

ACCORDING TO Veeky Forums IM POINT FOR POINT MORE EFFICIENT SO I WIN

>Mortar teams and Vostroyan snipers
Feels underwhelming when everything in the game just shrugs it off as nothing.

>The Wraithlord
My god is it bad by modern standards but fuck if its kit isn't cool as shit.

>hurr Eldar

Xenos, Daemons/Heretics or Loyalists?

Masque of slaanesh.

>close combat wraithguard
Meh.

Gue'vesa, Broadsides with Railguns, or Kroot Hounds. Kroot hounds mostly because they should just be a seperate unit, or have a rule that lets them break coherency, but only 2 per squad.

WANNA PLAY DAWN OF THE FUCKIN DEAD?

Go deaemons.
Middling speed, very choppy, no shooty and lots psykers.
Mixed god lead by a Keeper or GUO is most fun, ignore all other opinions.

White Scar Librarius Conclave on bikes, duh. Do you even WAAC?

So other than CM/Skittles and Knights, what would be nice and fluffy to add to my Admech? Maybe an Inquisitor or two, an aircraft?
Would use the Valkyrie formation to airdrop in some Vanguard, but its hilariously badly written.

BRING IT YOU FUCKS

Sup Veeky Forums just finished Dark Crusade and fell in love with the Tau faction.

Are they as cool in the tabletop as they are in the game? Can I spam Fire Warrior gun-lines with broadside support? Can I scream EAT PLASMA FIRE at the top of my lungs as I gun down my enemies?

>Orks are deployed from trukks, in to combat, via a catapult
Would this be good on the table top?

Is there any advantage to chariots? Cause it seems like they're crap. Why can't units disembark from them?

My lists are relatively spammy, but i'm not a WAAC
I was toying with a daemons list before WoM was teased

I really want to run a CSM/Daemon list of either Slaanesh or Nurgle

Read this 1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Tau(7E)
Lurk here

and build a 1k list

Use Saves when hit with something big, use AV when hit with something small.

OH YOU WANNA GET CRAZY DO YA

>no shooty
Low shooty*
Probably going to be your weakest phase
>Flamers, Exalted Flamers, Skull Cannons, Forgefiends, Slaaneshi Whip Princes

I really would love to run a mono god list, but they don't work above 1k

A shame

Solid low point list?

What program do you use to make these lists?
Or is it just 10000 hours in ms paint

Its basically my Ork 1000 point list.

996/1000 point list

ML2 Weirdboy - 70

2x 11 Shoota Boys - 182
>Nob w/ BP

3x Looted Wagon - 246
>Killkannon , 3x Rokkits

----------------------------

ML2 Weirdboy - 70

2x 11 Shoota Boys - 182
>Nob w/ BP

3x Looted Wagon - 246
>Killkannon , 3x Rokkits

You can do reasonably well with infantry Tau, since the faction as a whole is in the top two or three armies in the game at the moment, but be warned a lot of people will hate you for it since they are OP as hell some of the time. Lots of groups of Fire Warriors in Devilfish and Broadsides should be fine, though.

(Personal recommendation, if you want lines of cool and powerful infantry with plasma supported by heavy guns, play Adeptus Mechanicus. That's pretty much how the Skitarii work.)

Iron Hands Space Marines

Read the OP.

I run a No Summon mono-Tzeentch list and it works pretty good.
Daemonic Incursion + Warpflame Host, S6-S8 Flickering Fire works pretty nicely.
We got some derpy new formations in WOM, tho stick away from the Pandemonium / Tzeentch Warpstorm.

This makes me happy. As a Guard player from 5th, I miss respawning Cosncripts. Could have been the battle of the century.

Also what we need is a full infantry battle report of 6000 points a side. Just models after models slamming together. 15 day battle report to move everything.

They work if you're playing Tzeentch or Nurgle decurion.

>not doing a Thousand Sons terminator sorcerer deathstar

>450 Gretchin

cheeky

Snipers need a major buff.

Forcing a pinning check automatically on a hit even if they don't cause a wound, allowing them to wound using their strength rather than a flat 4+, and making Look Out, Sir! not work against precision shots, would be a good start and make them feel more like actual snipers.

Another way to buff them would be to have sniper formations for factions that run snipers, that can fire shots before the game begins and mess with enemy reserves rolls.

>since the faction as a whole is in the top two or three armies in the game at the moment
It's more like 4th or 5th, but still solidly top tier.

>You can do reasonably well with infantry Tau, since the faction as a whole is in the top two or three armies in the game at the moment, but be warned a lot of people will hate you for it since they are OP as hell some of the time. Lots of groups of Fire Warriors in Devilfish and Broadsides should be fine, though.
Nice! I'm planning to go full DoW style, with Tau and Kroot for troops, Broadsides and Sky-rays for Heavy Support, Crisis Suit elites, etc...

>(Personal recommendation, if you want lines of cool and powerful infantry with plasma supported by heavy guns, play Adeptus Mechanicus. That's pretty much how the Skitarii work.)
I dunno man, I don't know much about Skitarii and I'm already in love with the Tau fluff and themes. Playing them in Dark Crusade felt like watching my old Star Wars cartoons all over again.

nice list man!

>starts pulling magnus out of my bag

Wyches

Fluffy 1K sons list for 1000pts what do you guys think?

I DIDN'T WANT TO HAVE TO DO THIS.

BUT IT LOOKS LIKE WE'RE DOING THIS.

(In all seriousness I almost feel like if someone actually took the time to field this much shit they could table a super-competitive Tau list by just sweeping across the board, no lie.)

Reconsider your life choices

Who would win?

They aren't cool so much game-busting powerful, and by your selection, a lot of circles (including this one) will consider you a fag.

They're pretty fucking good, though. If you turned that quote into a sound bite and played it all the time people would love it at first. Then they would hate it. And then they would come to respect it.

It should be noted Tau faggotry is derived almost entirely from their larger-than-broadside battlesuits.

Do people use Tidewalls?

>All these horde lists

is ork warband formation underrated? i mean: it required high model count so it's not the best entry level formation. on the other hand the formation offers a very solid backbone....

Dumb lists like these would win any game, just because any regular list is functionally incapable of putting out enough wounds to stop it.

How would they deal with objective secured?

Nice list but it's a little powergamey, try taking it down to 850pts and making it more fluffy like this.

>Flamers

>Flamers, Everywhere

It can become downright terrifying when combined with ghazzystar, but the points costs means that that list is basically your whole army

So this is my current 1000 point Guard list, but I'm not sure where to go from here for higher points. Of the models I have that I am currently painting, I have

40 more Guardsmen
3 Lascannon Heavy Weapons
3 Autocannon Heavy Weapons
Valkyrie
Chimera
2 Basilisks
Manticore
Leman Russ
Yarrick
3 Bullgryn
Start Collecting Tempestus box

There's a lot I could add or take away, but I'm not really sure where to go from here. I thought adding in the Basilisks for 1250 would be a good start.

It's actually not that bad as a stand alone formation
Just not as powerful as other faction's formations like usual

Don't you people have 25% limits?

Not as many bodies, but fuck it I will summon what I want.

What does that mean? 25% of your army can't be one type of thing or something?

This. Most min maxed tournament lists don't really have enough anti horde to deal with this. Maybe scatbike Eldar could.

At a certain point it becomes a pure objective game and the opponent has to be able to break out of the tarpit to do anything.
But do you REALLY want to paint all those gaunts?

You are thinking 30k.

Wolf Scouts

>In most Chapters, new Space Marines are initiated into the Scout Company and only once they have proven themselves do they become full-fledgedl Astartes.
>Not so the Wolf Scouts, who are usually taken from the seasoned ranks of the Grey Hunters.

To represent this on the tabletop, they are moved from troop to élite, and pay an additional cost per model to have... nothing.
Not even an extra attack or ld 9, that are the usual way you represent a marine veteran.
Once they were a non-optimal but cool unit, showing one of the differences between the vanilla codex (and the Codex Astartes-adehering chapters) and the Space Wolves. Now, with the new Vanilla dex they are a joke

I think your list is a little bloated user. Try cutting the cultists

48 warp charges?
No model can be worth more than 25%of your army.

Also, I will try and run this list on Saturday, even though they are not all painted yet.

Haha

There, managed to get it to 650pts.

That rule, in normal 40k, only applies to FW models like the Exalted Greater Daemons (that for this reason will never se game outside of apocalypse, because who play a 4000 points list to be able to use the Tzeentch one?)

Do you think you could beat mine?

57, and thats before they start splitting everywhere

>2 specials or heavies or power weapons per 5 + sarge
>2 attacks each
>Ld 9
>normal vet cost minus 1 ppm for carapace (but get infil/scout/outflank/any combo of those)

Fixed?

Looks good user
Perfect for kill team

Fluff based 1000 point Iron Warriors list coming through, what do you guys make of it? It's not meant to be competitive just fun and wacky.

Honestly, that's probably a viable list.