/ccg/ Custom Card General/Thread /cct/

To make cards, download MSE for free from here
magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/

>Hi-Res MSE Templates
pastebin.com/Mph6u6WY

>Mechanics doc (For the making of color pie appropriate cards)
docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgaKCOzyqM48dFdKRXpxTDRJelRGWVZabFhUU0RMcEE

>Read this before you post your shitty card!
docs.google.com/document/d/1Jn1J1Mj-EvxMxca8aSRBDj766rSN8oSQgLMOXs10BUM

>Design articles by Wizards
pastebin.com/Ly8pw7BR

>Q: Can there be a sixth color?
A: pastebin.com/kNAgwj7i

>Q: What's the difference between multicolor and hybrid?
A: pastebin.com/yBnGki1C

>Q: What is precedence?
A: pastebin.com/pGxMLwc7

>Art sources.
artstation.com/
drawcrowd.com/
fantasygallery.net/
grognard.booru.org/
fantasy-art-engine.tumblr.com/

>Stitch cards together with
old.photojoiner.net/

>/ccg/ sets (completed and in development)
pastebin.com/hsVAbnMj

Hopefully this thread won't immediately die. We've had some bad luck lately.

I remember seeing this a while back and thinking that it was a really well-designed, balanced card. I still love the design (and the flavor), but after seeing Ally Gideon in action, I'd be tempted to cost this at 2GW, just to be safe.

Magic!Rome would have been so much cooler than Theros. The abilities here feel somewhat disconnected, and none of them feel green at all. I don't like having to use green in my sweet Bird tribal deck. That said, I think this is reasonably balanced.

There's been some discussion about Mythic Rares and how, in recent sets, they seem to be a list of standard-playable cards. What does the thread think Mythics should look like?

Bonus challenge: Design a 1-2 CMC mythic rare

I'm a little sad there wasn't space to fit "Exile target creature card from a graveyard" on here, but it was mostly trinket text anyway.

Fun MTG formatting fact: If you want to put a keyword with reminder text on the same line as a keyword without, use a semicolon to separate the two! Try to avoid doing this unless space is at a premium, though.

Colorbent Bloodrush is fun.

As suggested, I tweaked this to give the opponent more of an option. It's difficult to judge the power level on this one.

Hybrid is tricky but rewarding.

sorry wrong version. of course its Paliano, not Palinao

Should "if you are the monarch..." be reminder text, or is it a second additional card in addition to the monarch bonus?

additional

Seems too cheap on the low end.

BB for "discard a card, or sacrifice a token if you really want to" is pretty mediocre

I see superhero cards posted here often, and watching patch note analysis made me want to make some cards out of a different sort of hero

Too good with too many option for it to be an uncommon

Aside from the flavour, this is a white card. Your wording is fine, but stop using Cardsmith and get MSE.

Shroud isn't really used a keyword any more, and it was never a white ability.

Where are the regulars? Timeanon, /co/user, and such. Why are the threads so bare lately?

/co/user is trying to kick his opioid addiction again, last I heard.
No idea where timeanon is.
The poster count in these threads has been dropping for ages; we had about fifteen regulars (with set symbols) a few years ago, and now we're down to what, six or seven? co-user, time-user, Kazy, rosette-user, moon-user. Triforce-user and Arrows-user are here occasionally. I'm probably forgetting people, but still.

Timeanon's dealing with school stuff, I expect. That's usually what's up when he goes awol

So I had some MTG card ideas while doodling.

>Level Field
>3WW
>Instant
>Each player's life total becomes the average of every player's life totals.

>Solar Flare
>5WR
>Sorcery
>Put a legendary 10/1 white and red Orb creature token named "Dying Sun" on the battlefield tapped and attacking. It has trample and "When this creature deals combat damage, sacrifice it."

>tapped and attacking
>sorcery
...no. It needs to be an instant with "Cast ~ only during your declare attackers phase"

As for the first card, you probably want to specify that you take the mean of each player's life totals, rather than the median or whatever. (Reminder text can be used to clarify rules text.)

Aside from that, I like them, esp. Solar Flare.

Or give it haste and "It must attack every turn if able", providing the same effect.

>take a glance at one of these threads for the first time in weeks
>notice this list
>not mentioned as missing
It was for the best then. Good luck getting things back on track, /ccg/. Enjoy yourselves and be cool to each other. Remember no mistake anyone makes is worth driving that person out of the thread over. Be strict but fair. That makes the best threads.

>leaving forever because one user forgot you existed

eh, you're basically correct beside the fact that it shouldn't matter that shroud isn't printed anymore on the basis that these aren't real magic cards that are going to be getting printed. For Bane I used the excuse that Paralyze is a black card that makes things not attack or block. I thought about Omni flickering things to keep him white but that didn't seem right flavorwise.

Agreed that nothing about this really feels green.

It's alright, but I think it should have a proper expensive ultimate. You're already getting enough value out of the passive.

I really like this. Kudos.

I see I will be sorely missed, brain damage and all.

Haste here seems unnecessary. Unearth already gives her haste, bloodrush giving haste is useless, and she already has enough value.

Are you at least going to post one of your cards?

You alright, brother? Serious question.

Beautiful

Also pretty cool

Surely this ought to say "If you cast ~ from your hand, exile Dragon Swarm."

This should target the card in the graveyard or something. I dunno.
Almost certainly too powerful. I mean, I guess there's the downside of you only casting the exiled cards on your turn, but you can just offset that with the cards in your hand. Pretty close to a personal howling mine plus card selection.
Fine, I guess. You keep getting dragons but you have to keep spending the mana, otherwise you break the chain. If this was your intention then I guess yours is as good a way as any to template that.

I'd love to see a cycle of these. Should probably be a rare, given it references PWs.