Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Winter edition

What kind of adventures have you had while waist deep in snow? What comfy clothes did you wear? What did you fight? Did you bring hot chocolate and marshmallows?

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Food and Cooking Homebrew: pastebin.com/djYJKkcF

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1040185
d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is there any way to get extra followers from Leadership besides being a Daring General Cavalier and the Crusader Champion Mythic Power?

Alright, got another one for you, /pfg/ Ayil, or Neferteri, as she prefers, is a catfolk thief who's lived her life by a simple code; what's yours is hers, and that's come back to bite her. Driven to find a cure for her curse, she is at the edge of a breakdown over her inability to find anything--even warmth. She's too prideful to admit she needs friends; but that may just be what she needs to find the cure for the black blood filling her veins.

myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1040185

Self-sacrifice is purely good act
Also gray paladin makes perfect fluff sense which has value

i love how the winter armor in Monster hunter has little face masks with multiple little eye holes to help prevent snow blindness.

Jesus Christ, I thought that cat would be some slender fuck-girl, not THAT.

And oh my gosh thank you for making a busty girl that isn't simply thick all over.

>tfw I'll never get to purge Irrisen in living flame

>Self-sacrifice is purely good act
Tell that to crazy cultists who sacrifice themselves for their evil gods.

> Also gray paladin makes perfect fluff sense which has value
Sure, and that value simply isn't worth gutting your abilities.

Good fluff does not equate to well designed. There are lots of cool, fluffy archetypes that are nigh-unplayable garbage, that does not excuse Paladin.

It's like pointing at Eldritch Scion for people who want Cha magus and going "well, it does what you want! Why are you disappointed that it's shit? You can put Cha as your casting stat!"

She was gonna be slender at first, but then I realized the biggest catgirl concentration in Avistan/Garund is Osirion.

And I can't really have an egyptian catgirl without using Houtengeki art, can I?

Well Catfolk don't actually get that close to human, mind.

Self-sacrifice for your own benefit is neutral. Well, it is just working for yourself rather. The crazy cultists usually think they get something out of it. Probably fooled.

And sure, grey paladin could had stronger social powers to make the trade off less bad, but we got what we got. Social powers would fit the idea of trading off your divine power for intrigue.

It's Paizo, what can we do.

New bread already, huh? Rather curious that someone didn't instantly sperg out after it was posted. Not that I'm complaining; hell, the alignment discussion at least seems to be going somewhere.

There are one or two other avenues with Traits, such as Natural-Born Leader, Ethical Leader, and Rebel Leader, each granting a +1 trait bonus to your leadership score. Other than that, I'd suggest Mythic Leadership if Mythic is on the table (which also has the neat bonus of making your Cohort a Mythic asshat themselves) or simply buffing the shit out of your Charisma.

However, I may have one or two other ideas, but then things get a bit absurd.

>There are lots of cool, fluffy archetypes that are nigh-unplayable garbage
WHY MUST THE BUCCANEER LOSE QUICK CLEAR?! WHY DOES IT NOT GET GUN TRAINING UNTIL FUCKING 13?!

Reminder that Pathfinder catfolk are khajiit, not kawaii anime catgirls

>The crazy cultists usually think they get something out of it. Probably fooled.
You're completely leaving out the possibility that maybe they have a blind devotion for their god which makes them more than willing to off themselves regardless. Point is that Self-sacrifice is not a purely good act, which is what you previously said until you added "unless it's for your benefit".

> And sure, grey paladin could had stronger social powers to make the trade off less bad, but we got what we got. Social powers would fit the idea of trading off your divine power for intrigue.
> It's Paizo, what can we do.
Oh I'm aware, doesn't mean we can't talk about how we'd prefer Paladins to not have alignment restrictions, right?

Chocolate cost 5 gold for a 1/2 pound bar, and marshmallows don't exist...

This is a sad day.

So you'd rather everyone be furries instead of weebs? That's some back asswards logic if I've ever seen it.

Like that'll stop people.

Aren't Khajit a scale of furriness, which goes all the way from "full anthro cat" to "kinda like those cat people from Final Fantasy"? By your logic, they're both furries AND anime catgirls.

Paizo doing something poorly does not excuse it being done poorly.

i'm sure we can find a compromise.

Mmm, though for the game's it's for I feel it's acceptable; if Kitsune can, why not catfolk? They're supposed ot be one of the most variable races in Golarion, anyway.

That and I wanted that bit of description about her looking almost frostbitten all the time; hard to get that across with a layer of fur, I'd think.

I am interested what fuels their blind devotion.
If it is sheer madness, it careers to some alignment limbo at neutral.
Motive is important.

Also I said my piece on that. I like Paladins as LG because I like classes that are tightly interconnected by their fluff. Which is why I don't like lot of classes that are almost without prebaked identity.

I'll throw a bone. What would Paladin without alignment restriction look like? What would it lose and gain?

They vary somewhat yeah, but they don't get QUITE to 'muh anime catgirls'

I believe this is the most human-looking catfolk we've gotten.

>Frostbitten

Gotta love those dead black nipples, yo.

Khajit go all the way to literal lions...

Almost frostbitten, user, not completely frostbitten.

Any moment now Todd will sweep that detail under the rug and out of canon

You mistake this as a golden opportunity for your adventure.

You simply must finish that dungeon crawl to get enough money to buy enough chocolate to distribute to all of the children in the kingdom!
Tis the season for charity.

Yup. Khajit physiology is defined by the phase of the moons under which they're born. Ohmes Khajit are all but indistinguishable from Bosmer, except they're a bit shorter. Though they also have breeds that are literally cats.

Ohmes-raht and Suthay Khajit are pretty animu catgirl-like.

>LITERAL ANIMAL

What kind of Khajiit you mean?
Senche, Cathay, Ohmes, Alfiq, Pahmar, Tojay, Suthay or Dagi?
Or maybe Senche-raht, Cathay-raht, Ohmes-raht, Alfiq-raht, Pahmar-raht, Tojay-raht, Suthay-raht or Dagi-raht?

Kahjiit range from indistinguishable from normal house cats to cat eared mer. You gotta specify wich kind you mean.

Sorry, thought you were referring to Catfolk. Yeah, Khajiit run the actual goddamn gamut from tip to tail, but Catfolk don't go that far.

They vary about as far from 'somewhat furry' to 'actually furry'

>Paladin without Alignment Restriction

A class template like Vigilante, with specializations that determine how your abilities function based on what Alignment/deity you went for. Paladins are the Good aligned, Antipaladins are the Evil aligned, and [insert name here] is Neutrals. Fuck, you could go even further and have double specialization for the Law/Chaos Axis if you had to be an autist about it.

Todd's a fucking hack that ruined at least two cool series. Fuck 'im.

So I was looking at alchemist, but mutagen didn't fit my character, so I wanted an archetype that didn't have it. But apparently the cognatogen replacement does permeant ability damage the physical score every time you use it?? Please tell me im misreading

The cat men.
They also like the drugs lol.
Also buy remastered skyrim.

What are some character concepts you really want to see in RotJR, or at the very least character types that get you thinking, "yo I wanna fuck that?"

He means Cathay, because it's the Skyrim variant.

Honestly why not. I get the whole anti-anime slant from some people, but is there any real reason not to allow catfolk to be kemonomimi?

Todd ruined TES.

You're right, they very so much that they can actually be talking house cats.

I mean, if you want to, sure. I'm just saying what Catfolk are by Golarion. They aren't anime catgirls, they're borderline catpeople at best.

I've already got mad leadership score I need a way to go above max.

Reminder that Pathfinder catfolk are canonically anything from Khajiit to headband+tail chinese claymation catgirls because Paizo are a bunch of lazy hacks.

Sure cool.
I mean, Paizo did realize how good archetypes are, and how good it is to make classes that pick templates up to specialize too. Which is why Paizo's OC classes are pretty good and old classes lag behind.

it does take a lot of book space tho to make them elaborate and complex. The danger would be that each flavor gets very few distinct features.

I wanna pet a lion!

I wonder what catfolk taste like?

Tian food.

Specifically the sweet and sour 'chicken.'

Very stringy.

>Paizo are lazy hacks
Ok I concede
I can't really beat that.

>What would Paladin without alignment restriction look like? What would it lose and gain?

It would be a Paladin, just without any alignment restriction, which is what I want. Big beefy (un)holy warriors of whatever god(ess) they worship.

Basically, yea. As was mentioned before as well, it's not even hard to make a decent variant Paladin. Literally all you have to do is copypaste from 3.5e, just like Paizo did with 90% of the rest of the game. It'd even likely be compatible with all the other archetypes as well.

d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm
Ctrl+F "Paladin of Freedom". Nudge it slightly so it aligns with how PF changed spell lists and such. Boom, a Paladin Archetype.

Moon phase TES shit.

Friendly reminder that make Catfolk are canonically suave bachelors that roam the roads impregnating entire villages of catfolk women before moving on.

For its faults, Online did at least have the other types of Khajiit in it. Except for the 'just humans with ears/tail' ones.

Ohh! Trying to breach the limit! Ok then, let's get absurd.

This is something I was originally planning with Lilly:
She has Mythic Leadership and Crusader, and her Cohort would have Recruits; Recruits by all rights and means behaves as Leadership for any prereqs, and so he too would take Mythic Leadership. Now Ori has a merry band of Mythic goons, of whom all each take Leadership. All goons in command of greater goons in direct command of the Cohort who is then under the ruler of the player character. Lilly commands the armies while Ori commands their Secret Service and spy network.

As far as I know there's little to no means of actually breaking the cap on Leadership follower count beyond the two examples in your OP without some GM caveat; however, what you can do is assign a dude to command more dudes and indirectly increase your follower count that way.

nah mate, you don't want any of that. You should be wondering what Aasimar and Tieflings taste like.

There's more variation there.

>make

Male, I was going for MALE. The ones with the dangly bits.

Yup. Anime in the top right, Skyrim in the bottom right, big cats in the bottom left, small cats in the top left.

WE already know that!

Aasimar taste like Angel Food Cake

Tieflings taste like Devil's Food Cake.

I once saw an angel fish and a devil fish in a tank together.

The devil fish bit out the angel fish's eye.

You're telling me going down on one of them, or giving head to one, is utterly delicious?

Catfolk barbarian?

Yuuuuup, looks like a Taldan Catfolk who got stuck in the Mwangi Expanse!

What was the demon of lust, candy and children?

Folca.

Here's a picture.

I want to hire her as my faithful guide and companion as she protects me through the jungle, and I teach her the glories of civilization!

Perfect. Thanks user.

Lmao ants.

>Lmao ants.
I swear that picture was larger when I saved it.

That's what men always say, eh?

What are some cool things you can do for winter? Any good winter themed monsters?

>TFW I'll never even get mocked in person about my size

Would you rather get mocked by a woman who later grabs the party minotaur and drags him to her tent, later finding her curiously absent until noon on the next day, walking funny?

It's okay, user!

Girth's the only thing that really matters, and 7 thick inches is better than 11 fat ones, unless you're a size queen.

Endricotherium

Ability Score Racial Traits: Endricotherium gain +4 Str, -4 Dex, +4 Con, .

Type: Endricotherium are Monstrous Humanoids.

Size: Endricotherium are Huge creatures and thus take a -2 size penalty to their AC, a -2 size penalty on attack rolls, a +2 bonus to their CMB and CMD, and a -8 size penalty on Stealth checks. They take up a space that is 15 feet by 15 feet and have a reach of 10 feet.

Speed: Endricotherium have a base speed of 30 feet.

Defense Racial Traits
Damage Reduction: Endricotherium have DR5/magic.

Senses Racial Traits
Darkvision: Endricotherium can see in the dark up to 60 feet.

Other Racial Traits
Quadroped: Endricotherium possess two legs and two arms, but walk on all fours, granting them a +4 racial bonus to CMD against trip attempts. In addition, Endricotherium use weapons and armoir as if they were Large(instead of Huge).

Fix it.

You don't need to pay her, just teach her how to use a fishing rod.

I think they released an unarmed magus and an unarmed kineticist, try looking at them

Okay, fixing the character some; changed her to being about a 30% on the furry scale by my reckoning, maybe higher, but should now be within standard golarion catfolk values. Any further feedback from you, /pfg/?

anyone have rise of the runelords anniversary?

Those are both shit, though

It feels like you didn't include nearly enough about her life before the curse.

Trove.

I had more, but i know in previous threads people have been talking about how backstories have been too long for ROTJR characters, so I though I'd snip anything not directly relevant to the character as she is at game start.

>lust
>and children

I am wondering if I should put together something for not!githyanki.

I'd really include one paragraph describing her life before the goblet, you need to establish this was a woman who was damn good at her job, and then she finally met one that was too much for her.

The basic outline should always be thus;

>Introduce character
>Character's rise to power, trouble stirs
>The incident
>Character's fall from grace
>Character's reason for being in the campaign start area

It's a literal god of terrorizing children.

His holy animal is a black stork. He's depicted often sitting inside a white carriage without markings. HIs symbol is an outstretched skeletal hand offering a handful of candy. His sacred colors are the blue and black of bruised flesh.

Folca's kinda fucked up.

He's the daemonic harbinger of white unmarked vans. His portfolio is abduction, sweets, and strangers.

>white carriage without markings
>Literally a white unmarked van

Trove?

No. I mean they taste like that when baked.

See the pastebin link in the OP? Go there, there's a link to a mega under the section labeled 'Trove', it has all of the pirated material.

Oh.

Oh!

So I should get one really, really high before giving them oral?

Are they sacrificing themselves for their god because they expect something in return?

Sure?

So the symbol for Desna is a fancy butterfly.

And the Birthmark trait
>You were born with a strange birthmark that looks very similar to the holy symbol of the god you chose to worship later in life.

Free glowing butterfly tramp stamps?

If they did, they wouldn't be crazy, now would they?

You can be completely selfless and still be evil.

And neither of them can wear any armor so still doesn't match what Op wanted at all.