/Hhg/ The Horus Heresy General

Post-exam Edition
Deliverers something sub-edition

I can't believe I leave for a few hours and you let the thread die!. I barely remember what last thread was about, but boy do I know the natural frequency of a mass-spring system in free undampened vibration is the square root of the spring constant over the mass ;)
>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp
>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC
>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Other new links
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww98.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fe6VFn2St%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww116.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fd2D2z8mF%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww110.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2F1USI8Urn%2Ffile.html
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!LoBA0bqS
www98.zippyshare.com/v/e6VFn2St/file.html
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EW9ztsayiSA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for the XIX

Rolling for best legion.

Rolled 10 (1d20)

Whoops.

Thoughts HHG?

>youtu.be/EW9ztsayiSA

If it's of interest to any here, these are what's coming up next on Made To Order. While obviously none of these models are for 30k (because it didn't exist as a game back then) I think some of them could fit in nicely in a 30k army.

>Castellan Draco is back

Out of my way Gue'vasa fucking shits!.

Holy shit, that was pretty good. And sad.

Can we be cozy heresy general this thread?

Srry Raven user, I must recover my strenght, so our Deliverer-Lernean talk will have to wait. Merry Decapitation Assault

The terminators are way too small compared to modern ones. Maybe as Militia commanders in power armour or something similar, though the Inquisitorial logos might be a problem. Force Commander of Malcador's Chosen, perhaps?

SW techmarine might pass as an artificer MkV (explains away the lack of rivets). Scout seems perfectly kosher for a scout armour recce squad member (sergeant?) GK might be a big too 40k, though if the markings aren't too distinct, could make a nice Knights Errant. Would even work with a jump pack.

Chaplains I can't tell if they got MkVII or VI legs. The on foot one seems to have a MkVI torso, so maybe he has MkVI legs as well. Could work as a legion chaplain. Biker one doesn't seem to have plastic biker legs, but what legs he does have remains a mystery. If MkVI, could work. I'm guessing even the BT could work, but it's armour is way too MkVII to be honest.

Did somebody say Deliverers?

Xavier has mk7 legs (not really an issue because mk5's sometimes have the round knees as well), and he's also tiny compared to even FW's lanklet-ass marines.

the bike chaplain has mk6 legs

>mfw I just realized FW didn't give vulkan his badge of office
FORGEWORLD YOU HACKS

>> 50711789

Ok. It was the sharp tips of the pads that, along with the fuzzy image, gave it an appearance unlike your typical MkVII, so couldn't be sure.

Honestly, the dude's got triangular kneepads with rad flame patterning. If that's not "bespoke artificer" I don't know what is.

Some version of the MkV have quite pointy pads. He also has studs on his thighs, so "artificer MkV" doesn't seem that out of the question in his case.

What would Sigismund do to a squad of 6 Custode's if he charges them?

Kill a few and laugh at their AP3.

Depends, Spears or Sword and Board.

Kill them, simple.
There's almost nothing that can efficiently kill Sigi in combat, Custodes are no exception.

Xavier is coming back?

Can't mess with the X!

What about in lore? Could he be able do duel with the likes of Ra?

Well, nothing that's not a super heavy Walker anyway.

He'd at the very least give him a good run for his money.

Well, Valdor was apparently low-Primarch tier and beat Horus that one time.

Not even greater daemon/daemon princes?

Sigismund kills bloodthirsters for breakfast.

You need EW and be killy to beat Sigismund, like 40k Abbaddon or Dante.

Do they have EW? If they dont Sigs can go to town with his forcing successful invul rerolls and instant death.

even against Sword and Board he cancels out their reroll invul.

Pretty sure even Dante would get his ass kicked.

As far as 30k goes, you need to be either a primarch or Scoria to put him down reliably.

True, but there's six of them in this scenario, and they have rending.
Plus, they could just refuse the challenge, since one Custard not attacking is good price for Sigismunds mad challenge skillz to have no effect.

Truly Sigs kryptonite.

I deliver RENDING HITS!

GUO and DP gets biomancy, which has EW on one of the powers. Skulltaker, I think, has EW.

Is there no reliable way of dispatching him before he gets to hit? He's only I5, right? So plenty of daemons should get to strike first at him. With Smash, high str./poison and number of attacks, surely there's a way to hurt him before he gets to decapitate everyone.

Can we have his defensive stats? I presume T4, 2+ and an invuln about a 4++?
How many wounds?

4 wounds, EW, 4++.
Statistically, even hitting on 3+ and wounding on 2+ you need 14.4 attacks to put him down.

So, maybe if he charged three bloodthirsters simultaneously.

I seem to recall 4.

Needs pic.

>Implying they won't be D-thirsters.

killed Siggy like a bitch last weekend....with Scoria, good times all round.

He becomes I6 when he charges if that makes a difference. Plus aren't Dthirsters unwieldy?

5 Legio Cybernetica Vorax should kill him if they get the charge, if not you need 7 of them, and that's if none die to his I6.

Really not the best solution for LC over throwing Scoria in with the Vorax, but it's an option at least.

>I 1
Have fun eating 4 attacks from first.

Scoria was a mistake, he can easily kill primarchs as well.

Thats even better, all he needs is a single wound and its way more likely to happen if he strikes first.

Scoria is fine. His movement is very limited.

> Not running Sigs with Hammernator bodyguard
> Kek

Nah, the Vordian Sceptre was a mistake.
Scoria would be fine with a P-blade.

>Putting a non-terminator character in a terminator squad.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Here's Sigismund, if you see him alone send 2-3 units to kill him, one will accept the challenge and get erased while the other two will just drown him in wounds.

this is correct, with an abeyant upgrade he is moving 6 inch a turn, you literally have to be running straight at him for him to engage. That said in all the games I have ever played using him everyone charges their most expensive combat unit at him and then cries when he ruins them. Like moths to a flame, even if I explicitly warm them and say hey maybe you should shoot that cc monster robot man.

I do think he's too cheap, but probably not a mistake, since allowing Mechanicum someone who can feasibly duel Primarchs makes the giant mid-game clusterfuck at least a little more interesting. Possibly bump his points cost to 370 (420 with the Abeyant) but he is a very slow beatstick.
I do want an Ordo Reductor version of him, but with a fuckton of supporting abilities and less beastly CC powers. Fits more with what I expect the OR to fight like.

Witha p-blade he is an overcosted special character with a decent warlord trait, since a regular Archmagos can have the Djinn-Skein, which IMO is superior to his trait. Only advantage he has EW.

If we're talking bodyguards as well, then I just send in 40 Fearless Thralls and then ignore him for the rest of the game. Slightly cheating in the "Find something that can kill this one guy" challenge, more realistic as it may be.

Make him not EW and he's fine.

People do this a lot oddly enough. Against any type of deathstar really, they just throw their entire army against it and then wonder how they lost.

So just shoot it, yes?

Can I just remark how nice this thread is? On /40kg/ then this argument would already have dozens of salty primarch players raging for him to be removed, and equal Admech players crying that the others are just raging at their special snowflakes being killed.

Well done, cozy heresy people.

Pretty much this. The one game I ran him, Angron and 5 Red Butchers ran directly at him, got torn up by his Vorax friends and were wiped by the end of the second round. I even went through his powers at the start of the game, but I guess WE don't really have many other options.

Remove Scoria

>accordiontechpriest.jpg

Don't you fucking jinx it user.

This TBCAEHWY,/HHG/B.

Most players seem to think that their perfect mary sue praetor + deathstar should have free reign of the table and mulch anything they touch. Most players are actually a bit rubbish at tactics.
any deathstar be it scoria, primach or just a mean cc unit just drown it in high str low ap fire and fish for failed saves. If you can't do that as long as the unit has shit mobility just bait it away from objectives and focus down the rest of his forces.

Where's that scan from?

Is 6 vorax + praevian too cray-cray?

those are the people who press the button with "do not press" on it

Eyes on the prize, play the mission not the hero.

Speaking of Scoria, how do you think his scepter interacts with Dorn's armor? The scepter does automatic wounds which are better than a 3+ to wound, is Dorn immune to the scepter? Does Scoria d3 wounds affect on a 3+ each? Im not sure but I lean towards Dorn is immune to the void-scepter's bullshit.

Reminder (e)scoria means scum in spanish

Scoria never rolls to wound. It ignores the armor.

What are you working on, anons?
My Baneblade that will be my Scoria's Fortress of Arrogance type-thing is here now, guess it got here faster that the FW order. Been filing off Aquilas for a while.

My plan for deathstars is some Myrmidons in a Macrocarid, since 40k grav rules work wonders at that. When I mentioned it over lunch to the 30k people at the local GW, they actually asked me what my deathstar was going to be, since my list only had some Vorax in it for melee. Bit odd, that.

I actually emailed Forge World about that and Mortarions rules a few weeks ago, they never got back to me. Maybe I should try again.

ask them what Alan Bligh's favorite kind of pie is as well

That's why I love running cataphractii Termies against 40kids, their above average resilience scares them enough to leave my other units in peace.

So what does it take to just shoot him dead?

He's not actually interested in pies, just the plates they come on.

>40k
>scared of 4++

You dumb? TH/SS TEQ exists and all the stupid shit gets things like 2++ or rerolling saves. Plenty of people run Cataphractii there too thanks to BaC.

>those are the people who press the button with "do not press" on it
So, Magnus? :^)
He's the Scoria of the earth.

My head hurts a looot, anons.

outflank with that sucker and pop up that unit of hugs into someones back line.

I think its more like a case of Morty and that one guy whose group ruled he was only wounded on a six. FW and their special admech dude might be fun and powerful, but his rules are so weird they interact badly. Maybe have a seperate roll which acts like a seperate to-wound? Complete immunity is just boring.

Scorpion?

>So, Magnus? :^)
>Implying
Magnus presses the button BECAUSE of the sign, not despite it.

Scoria should just roll to wound like the rest of us.

I was thinking outflank or infiltrate + scout and rad cleansers.

Also I don't have my book with me but are vorax very or extremely bulky? Or just too big for that to matter?

Noob to actually playing the game here.

I've seen a lot of talk about not throwing your deathstar at another deathstar.

With my Gal Vorbak and Ashen Circle, should I be dropping them behind enemy lines and ripping through their tactical squads holding objectives in the back 12" of the table?

When i hear Ashen circle, I think phosphex bombs.

They are monstrous creatures

Mostly, yes. The two basic tactics you need to know is shoot the other guy's most choppy stuff, and if possible charge the units you can't out-shoot ASAP.

You can also delay most deathstarts by surrounding/blocking them with rhinos for example, or distract them with sacrificial squads to draw it away from more importand things. Losing a tactical squad to it isn't so bad if it means the deathstar left their METAL BOXES for it, is going the wrong way and you can shoot it next turn.

You only run your deathstar into your opponent's deathstar if you're fairly certain you can kill it in a turn or two, and then preferably with more units too.

Right, figured something was keeping me from piling them in a land raider

All I'm really seeing here is a big sign saying "Rape me in my painglove, Cassian Dracos Reborn."

Why are Vorax so much cheaper than castellax IRL? They're a bit shorter but still pretty wide aren't they?

Scorpion. His baneblade I'm doing needs a name. Leaning towards the Ictus Scorpia, which is "Scorpion's Sting" in slightly bastardised latin, which is essentially High Gothic from what I've seen.
Too edgy? Or OK?
Sounds better in latin, I think.

play to the objectives user, that is the single best piece of advice. If the battle counts on you clearing out the backfield and getting VP for being in their deployment then do that, if not then adapt. Only take on another deathstar if you know you can stomp it, always be looking to get your points back at the very least.

How many do you recommend I take a game? Only the Sergeant can take them, I think.

Ok. He plays Deathwing Terminators so I'm guessing rapid fire and fury of the legion into those guys with my tacticals? The thing is with his deathstar is that he just drops them in right in front of me reliably.

When I think anti-terminator I think plasma...correct? Maybe I should pick up a support squad of those. Or throw them onto my dreads.

Call it the Viridi Citrea.

Never played them, but ehy not take one to minimise loss when he dies and it is unused.
Should be able to make its points back if you get close to any Spess Legion infantry, especially termies if he fails some saves.

>If, 4+ invul is powerfull.

Plasma support squads are very effective against things like terminators, but shoot it enough and terminators should start to fall over.
If going the plasma support squad route make sure you keep them safe untill they can do their job, because people generally like to hunt down a unit like that.

>Maybe I should pick up a support squad of those.
Ten man squad of Plasma Cannons, next to a haemotrope reactor.

I might be walking right into this one, but I don't get it. Green Limes/Lemons, depending on translation?

>Go Lord Sigismund, leave Dracos to me!.

>When you find out siege drills barely tickle Dracos

Scoria isn't going to stop you this time. Fuck that robot-stealing dick, the DarkMech are now helping out. How does Tracks perform against losing 1 HP per hit?

Is 2 15-man assault squads too little in terms of objective secured units at 2000 points? Still trying to wrangle a non shit tier BA army list. Rest of the army is jetbikes and land speeders

>mfw I'm done with finals
Thank you Man-Emperor Urist! It feels good being back home. /hhg/, did I miss anything?

they probably sell a lot more castellax than they do vorax

>Brother, I-
>LORD SIGISMUND, I HAVE ALREADY DIED ONCE, LET ME DIE AGAIN IF I NEED TO.