Warhammer 40k general

Vehicles aren't walkers edition.
previous.

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Older stuff in PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>As current as the FAQs get
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE CLOWNS):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=25wYPsJ7Kds
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for smart positioning is WAAC faggotry the only tactics I need are the dice rolls

>this is what Tau players ACTUALLY believe

If you play the game, you are a WAAC faggot.

How viable is the kakophoni?

Tau players

>S-s-stop putting your dudes outside of my charge range!
>Stop putting t-them 2" apart! M-m-my blast weapon i-is useless!

get turn 1 charged, skrub

>Pretending like you don't just play against dumpsters

lol fighting already. Let's diverge attention

I play Eldar

>tfw 39 inch turn 1 charge range

Wait what?

This world eater thing really makes me think.

All their units get a 2d6 move, right? Even the havocs?
If they're like normal devastators you could give them multi-meltas or grav-cannons and be in range turn one! Khorne is not only good at shooty but also choppy.

>activating rice calculator
12+9+18

The limited edition Canoness sold out in five minutes.

You guys think GW will take the hint and finally give us plastic sisters?

i need ideas, i want to convert a counts as inquisitor karamazov without using dreadnaut bits. i'm thinking just having a bigass duder instead(like maybe a converted stormcast or ogryn or something? something to fit the statline), but ideas welcome.

>He thinks Khorne allows out grav-cannons

Way too expensive for relatively small bonus.

World eater squad with a relic
2d6" pre-game move
9" move
d6+3" run
2d6+3"charge (to a maximum of 12)
It's a 42" charge range turn one.

NO. They will realise Celestine again. After superhype and supersale Sob will be squated.

> Havocs
> Grav-Cannons and Multi Meltas

Yes, and? Ignoring how statically unlikely that is, even the best possible deployment still leaves massive swathes of the board free from the threat of your deathstar.

I wanna paint my CSM as Black Legion, but make some of them clearly god-aligned for when I feel like playing with particular legion tactics. How does BL scheme + 1/2 pauldrons green sound for Nurgle? Or Red for Khorne?

Is the warband better for making an emperor's children list?

February user, you have to believe

>grav-cannons and muli-meltas
>traitors in charge of knowing the rules

wait they can run and charge too now?

Nah, sisters are coming back, I can feel it in my dick muscles

I've heard people being banned from GW stores for less.

Anyone play any good games lately?
Had a great 1000pt game today where my AdMech (including gorgeous sexy non-monotone robots) tabled an infantry-based Deathwatch force.

My vanguard and onager got wiped out after his terminators deep struck into my forces.

Yes, all world eater units can run and charge.

Am I safe to make my Marine army as White Scars w/ 8th edition on the horizon?

Former 4th edition Templars player who doesn't want to get the shaft again.

And it happens 0,013% of the time.

Definetly. ObSec is rly gud.

Only if you roll like noob.

There are wrist techniques you can use to aid in rolling high numbers.

0.013% of the time, it works everytime

oh fuck i missed that. charge range isnt capped at 12 though, with the relic it goes to 15.

my deathstars actual turn 1 charge range is actually. 12+9+9+18.

48 INCH TURN 1 CHARGE. with a reroll if it fails

Bikes and cavalry will always be good. Worst case scenario they completely squat White Scars in which case you'd still be a generic marine bike army.

>Night Lords Murder Talon
So if I have a demon prince of tzeentch with stormbolt armour (2+ armour), does that mean he is invincible except if the enemy has AP2, in which they will have a nice cover save anyway?

How should I build my Death Guard army? I'm currently looking to start one.

But they're still only allowed to attempt a charge if the unit is within 12", I think.

Like looking at the flick of that wrist?

fluffy or crunchy?

Isn't it .001% chance?

Yes, it's the new cheese.
Like a Nurgle prince and a Tzeentch prince rolled in to one.

>using wrist techniques
>not just reading the fucking manual

>that marbles grip
>that reverse claw

Baller as fuck

2+ armour save rerolling 1s, can jink for a 2+ cover save rerolling 1s, 5+ invulnerable.

Only imperial guard lascannons can harm him.

Crunchy

Warband:
Lord on Bike
Sorc on Bike
2x Units of CSM in rhinos w Melta
1 Unit of 5 Chosen in a rhino w Melta/Plasma
Bikers w Melta (as much as you can take)
Autocannon Havocs, potentially w rhinos (maybe take some Havoc launchers for shootyness)

Aux:
Spawns

Add for flavour: Demon Prince

100*(1/6)^5 = 0,013%. Assuming all 5 dice gets 6. With rerolls it gets a bit better.

So is there any way to salvage the pose of the betrayal at calth contemptor? I really wanna make a nice contemptor talon for my fists with two kheres+fist and a mortis but god damn those legs... and the fist...

26 dollar bit seller contemptors are hard to pass on though.

Bikes. T6 with FNP is damn tough to crack.

>Lying on the Internet

i dont think so.

they might have to FAQ it

Chaos warband with minimum squads of chaos marines, heavy weapons optional, minimum terminators with combi-meltas and power axes.
Then take three squads of bikers and a squad of spawn for the aux choice to give the whole decurion reolling FnPs of 1.

Oh yeah, you're right. Forgot to multiply by 100. How silly of me.
Still
>traitors have a greater chance of getting hit by a car then their deathstar getting max range

How do you get ords and sorcerers on bikes?

You can't get noise Marines in a warband. What is this nonsense.

kind of irresponsible to be showing the reverse claw technique, if you dont it exactly right theres a good chance of personal injury. i saw someone do it wrong and send die shrapnel everywhere

Take Lord
Buy bike

Iron clad > contemptor
Contemptor a shit.

Is it legal to do that though?

In game terms you buy their upgrade. IRL you kitbash them from bikers and flashy chaos bitz.

It's literally in the codex.

Do you see the police arresting guys for it?

Umm. I suggest you read your Codex. Alternatively, kys

I didn't know jesus

One time, but the guy was also being very loud and drunk.

New player. How does it look?

If you don't know Jesus either, read a Bible in addition

>no transports
>choppy Archon with no Shadow Field
>big blob of Hellions
good luck

Warriors need raiders

I played a 1,200 pts game against my brother's Thousand Sons the other night. It was late, and the game was a hastily prepared affair, so I forgot 190 pts worth of units when I was getting my models together. Still won, didn't realize I was playing with a handicap until after the game.

Get wrecked, psykers

Congrats. If he wasn't using Magnus or daemons, you managed to beat the worst army in the game.

where da transports at?

>use rifles on models with expensive melee weapons
Swap for pistols, you get an extra attack.

At least drop 20 fpoints to buy your archon an invulnerable save.

I laughed more than I should

is there a good alternative to citadel primer spray

What's the strongest Ork army I can make with 1.5k points? I just want to win for a change.

Are raiders really that important? I was hoping I could just have them on foot.

dont play orks

blaster born without a vehicle not so good

You don't need the sybarite in squads, unless you just trying to fill points, warriors generally need rides too

archon lots of points, just take lahmean

reavers go good with caltrops

Kek

Warriors are T3 and have a 5+ save. They will die if they are not in a boat. You don't have the numbers of IG nor the cover shenanigans of Rangers.

Are we done with the, "Tau is OP," meme yet?

youtube.com/watch?v=25wYPsJ7Kds

Hey GW take note, you guys are starting to do decent lately but ork players would like to feel this dangerous on the table top again.

If you're invested ANY points in to them, yes.

A few 40 point squads of 5 guys to sit on objectives is good but only because it's a waste to shoot at them.

think 3 stormsurges at 1850 is OP???

DE die to a stiff breeze. Yes, you need them.

Watching the latest videos out from Dawn of War III, I notice that one unit type remains conspicuously absent: bikes. Eldar bikes are in, true, but they're shooting platforms, not assault focused. Where are the hordes of Ork warbikes slamming into the enemy lines, or Blood Raven tactical bikes plowing through the hordes of greenskins?

The reason why they're not there is a very simple one: to implement them how they currently work on the tabletop would look stupid.

The very concept of bikes in 40K right now is flawed, because imagining them actually fighting in close combat simply doesn't work. Charging on bikes, guns blazing, and lopping off heads and arms as they zoom past, that makes perfect sense, and is highly thematic. Bikes in that sense are more like heavy cavalry.

But unlike cavalry, bikes aren't alive. A rider can't fight from saddleback on a bike in a swirling melee. Best he could do would be to get off the bike and just fight on foot. But the rules don't reflect that currently, and from both a fluff and crunch point of view, this is a problem, because bikes currently are way too good.

The solution is to turn them into a true hit-and-run style unit. You charge a unit, and get out the same turn. Giving them all Hit and Run would be a simple fix. But if you do get locked in close combat, that's bad. Bikes should be devastating on the charge, but if you don't get out the same turn, they shouldn't provide any benefit. And I say this as an Ork player.

Tau were never OP, all Tau players are just tactical genius that our play others with the Terminator equivalents.

>Youll note the complete lack of Da Boys killing each other for no real reason.

Are regular Eldar any better without vehicles?

I just don't like the idea of an army where everything has to be in transports.

I rotated the torso (cut it and repose) to give the two I have a little variation in pose. One is aiming with his combi-bolter, the other with his assault cannon, both in opposite directions. Replacing the head will also give some alternatives in visuals, but it's harder to find suitable alternatives. SW dread heads will fit the contemptor quite easily, but other will need some cutting to go on there.

Wish this was true in 30k, where boxnought is objectively the worst. So are indomitus suits. And I like both of them. I guess next they'll nerf Mars pattern Rhinos and MkVI armour.

>kabalites on foot

WEW LAD

is this real or a meme

Foot-dar can work yes.

Well then you need mass numbers to avoid needing them. No troop choice is good enough to withstand all the firepower out there at 10 men.

tank bustas
warbikes
mek gunz
maybe meganobz in trukks

>15+ attempts to solve the captcha
HOLY FUCK I HATE THESE NEW STUPID PUZZLES THEY'RE FORCING TO SOLVE REEEEEEEEEE