Bitcoin Futures to short BTC

Why is nobody talking about this?
cnbc.com/2017/12/13/bitcoin-futures-briefly-halted-after-plunging-10-percent.html
>mfw baby boomers are going to crash the bitcoin market like they crashed the US economy
Mark my words and screencap this thread, Bitcoin will slowly regain momentum back up to ~20k then plummet to sub $1000 levels the moment that contract gets signed Monday

>crash the bitcoin market like they crashed the US economy
You can't short the entire economy retard

Welcome to one week ago

Your FUD is late and incorrect - Futures trading caused a price spike

I'm not even going to fully respond to this, just know that you're wrong and stupid. Once the normie swarm hits -- and it will soon -- boomers are gonna get tips from their FA's to take out 2nd and 3rd mortgages and/or options loans to invest in crypto futures. The contract to execute those futures will kill bitcoins volatility and everyone that's been holding for years is gonna pull out. Then it's Armageddon for you coinfags and all the normies buying into this commie pyramid scheme

>Welcome to one week ago
bruh, the article's from yesterday

msm always lies ALWAYS

>reading comprehension THIS bad
lol you must be american

>20k
No, (((they))) plan pushing it up to 43k and the drop will be to 9100 usd.
Screencap this.

Futures alone cannot crash bitcoin
If boomers have no bitcoin they can't do shit with their future markets
Stop taking nonsense and do some research

>Futures alone cannot crash bitcoin
No, the bitcoin cap that will be bypassed by all the futures investors is what's going to crash bitcoin

Do you understand how futures works?

No one is screencapping your arbitrary numbers you just made up foh

i thik its a pretty safe bet that the exchanges are going to bog down under heavy traffic and it will be nearly impossible to buy or sell

that happened briefly for cboe and cme is 100x bigger

so whether you choose to ride it out, or pull out and watch, make up your mind and place your order before the ride starts. try to pull in or out once its begun and you may not be able to but you can still try.

i think it will jerk up and down drastically with peaks and dips that are profitable and volatile but difficult to time. until finally settling on an overall bullish trajectory. ride the market if you think you can but hodling might be better overall if you're new or unskilled at day trading.

or it will all crash and burn providing an awesome dip to buy into. maybe go half and half and wait and see. try to move your other half once you get a feel for how the markets reacting. but then you might be surprised of course and then the market takes a sudden reversal right after you commit.

he clearly does. do you? the futures planned are cash settled. they won't lead to demand for actual bitcoin. it's just a betting product.

the derivates market on gold is much larger than the ownership market of actual gold. it has severely depressed the price of gold.

He suggests that when bitcoin price stops rising because newfags wanting to ride bitcoin will rather buy cash settled derivatives than actual bitcoin (it's unironically probably safer than leaving it on cantcashoutbase), a lot of people who bought real bitcoin only because they expected it to rise quickly for easy gains will dump their bitcoin for other things, leading to a negative trend.

Now, in addition to this, imagine you are a group of dollar whales expecting a big market of cash settled derivatives where most people are betting for bitcoin to begin to rise (going long or buying expensive futures).

What you do is that you keep accumulating bitcoin so more people are lured in because you keep reinforcing an upwards price trend, then when you have reached your target of extreme amounts of money being in a long position on bitcoin in the derivatives market, that is now much larger than the bitcoin market cap, you short the fuck out it with 50x leverage and way more money than you ever put in real bitcoin. Then you dump your 1-2billion's worth of bitcoin over a few days to trigger a flash crash in the price of the actual bitcoin, raking in profits from all those gullible "investors" who went long on bitcoin.

Look up the dealbreaker article on it

They don’t care if its up or down as long as its volatile; banks have been losing so much money in this low volatility environment

within a couple days the situation will stabilize and a lot of money waiting on the sidelines to see what might happen will come rushing in with confidence. as well as a rush of normies and the future money. it could be very bullish, even if it crashed first.

an exciting moment that could make or break or do nothing to your portfolio however you handle it. there will be many winners and losers

i've been trading for a month now so i'm basically pro

What signs should you be weary of in terms of a possible crash?

We see 10-20% drops that get bought up again often.

How do you recognize when a crash is imminent or is it just luck/bad luck?

u forget that there are people with tons of money who want btc to continue to rise as well

like, say, all of China

The year is 2070.
The story of the Great 2018 Bitcoin Massacre is being told to your grandchildren and, in time, their grandchildren.
The earnest message will be: when you spend actual money in a financial black market, don't expect to ever see it again. And at least try to end up with some high-purity cocaine.

>moron
Futures are cash-settled. Do you know what that means?

Traders create a link between the futures market and actual market. This is called arbitrage and makes them a fuck load of monies.

>so whether you choose to ride it out, or pull out and watch, make up your mind and place your order before the ride starts
That's what I'm saying, all the normie college kids that are just now strapping along for the ride based on all the "muh bitcoin at 6 gorillian by 2018" memes are going to see a little weekend action then the whole things gonna collapse and shake out all the kids so boomers can purchase futures at lower rates because (((they))) probably know the market as it sits right now is just too crazy for any grown adult to seriously consider investing in.
Although it may sound like I'm spreading FUD, I'm merely suggesting that bitcoin futures trading is going to severely hurt bitcoin short term. I overall believe in blockchain tech and I support this global currency competition for the inevitable future cashless society, but you can't have your head so far up your own ass not to recognize forex patterns that seem to exist even with decentralized currencies.

cboe futures had low volume and shorts were restricted by some brokers. It didn't have the power to move the price, the market was just reacting to a relief of uncertainty. If the coming cme futures are more liquid they could actually enable the big short. cme and cboe generally don't offer futures on the same commodities, but most cme futures have a degree of magnitude more volume than cboe.

Then they do it again. The price goes back up.
Holders always win.

the chinks are so fucking desperate they'd still be buying bitcoin in mass even if it were worth dogshit. and besides (now don't quote me on this because I only briefly skimmed the article earlier today) they use S.Korean ICOs and the S. Korean government just banned bitcoin futures trading so there goes 85% of bitcoins volume being able to prop up that end of the scheme

Lol derivatives are even more of meme than crypto. How isn't it gambling?

More like a huge fucking run up is going to cause a dump around expiration as traders who backed their futures rush to get out and not be the mother fucked caught behind everyone else dumping to close their positionx

If OP is right are there any coins that won't totally tank?

I'd say if btc dips below 15700 and stays there for more than 10hrs between now and the end of the weekend then get the fuck out asap. Of course I could be wrong about all this but based on patterns I've noticed through my admittedly short 3yrs of forex trading, the point of contention lies in the upper 15000s. If support stays high through the weekend then I predict bitcoin may still be profitable for the short term of 1-2yrs max but the alternative is instant death

if you cant handle a 10% drop you should not be trading crypto

they will learn soon enough

the more you know, the more your 'gambling' feels like investing. /spoiler/they're all one in the same/spoiler/

>shorting bitcoin
The thought of homeless boomers and jews makes me very happy.

>The thought of homeless boomers and jews makes me very happy.
who's gonna buy their shorts? you with you $100 of your allowance money?

Me papa gives me no allowance :^(
And probably autists.
Only autists uderstand what bitcoin is, boomers and jews can only see it as a stock since they have no adaptability whatsoever.