Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Does your ragtag team of murderhobos have a group name?

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Food and Cooking Homebrew: pastebin.com/djYJKkcF

Old Thread:

We call ourselves the Generic Adventuring Guild, because we couldnt think of anything else.

We Are The Best.

I bet people just reflexively avoid your guild.

So tell me, I've been having a hard time understand what the skill Perform (Oratory) encompasses. Could someone explain to me what this type of skill actually is?
I'm asking becasue I'm making a Spherecaster, and I'm trying to determine if taking Skilled Casting with that type of Perform would be worth it.

>Does your ragtag team of murderhobos have a group name?

The Dusk Hunters, because we're the ones who slay the things that go bump in the night.

We're the crew of the Crimson Phoenix.

>Oratory (epic, ode, storytelling)

there you go

Somebody said that Zen archery got thrown into PF with the last book

Confirm or deny

Friend of mine also used it for propaganda speeches. Demagogue archetype is a hell of a drug.

That doesnt matter, we go to them! Only one kingdom has been completely wiped off the map because of us, and it could be argued that it was more to do with the Skyrim-level of bandits the place had camped outside the walls.

No foolin, there was more bandits than civilians.

public speaking, storytelling, narrating, newscasting, etc.

Confirm. Can't remember the exact prereqs, but it let you apply wisdom instead of dex to attack rolls with a longbow.

Oh! Oh! You know what that reminds me of? The *other* thing I hate about meek types, and that's when those chucklefucks expect you to be right there with them every step of the way on their Spirit Animal Quest or whatever the fuck personal side-mission they've got set up for them. Golly gee wiz, as if my character wasn't already pulling the lion's share of work in making the relationship actually compelling, now I've got to make the character themselves compelling!

Fuck off with that crap, I want a devious bard that grabs my dude and pulls him in for a kiss to show off to some new feminine addition to the group, or the lumbering barbarian that gruffly, yet politely asks if I could teach her to dance for the big gala event later that evening. I want life, man. I want some assertiveness.

You know what I don't want? The cute little Tien girl that squirms and sits right next to mine and doesn't do nothing but nod along to everything I do until I finally give her some affection, and like some weird Skinner's Box I get rewarded with a squeak and blush.

What is your opinion on a small and quiet girl that still is very opinionated and is willing to get into short, terse, but still passionate debates about things she disagrees with?

>like some weird Skinner's Box
Yeah, that one got a laugh.

I really need to finish working on my Bard archetype homebrew.

Its all based on pic related.

Basically an illusory reality warper that turns perform: orator or writer and causes whatever illusions she narrates to be extra real. Her performance causes reality to follow certain 'narratives' the bard sets on such as "author's retelling" to improve fudged saves, "author's rendition" to improve rolls, "preset narrative" to keep certain dice rolls for later use, "unreliable narrator" to reroll dice, etc."

Oh my gosh, shut the fuck up no one bloody cares about your dumb blogposting you retarded smug animu shitposterfag

>complains about anime
>posts with image from an anime-reference-overdosed game
You're not Alexander!

Everyone's got opinions, some people just like being louder about them than others. That's not and should not be a defining character trait.

It's about the little things, user. Most conversation is non-verbal, you gotta show that. Most relationships are built by a couple intimacy-forging events, you gotta show those too.

A quiet, timid girl that just sorta stands there and occasionally gets all ruffled-n-tuffled over someone saying the wrong thing doesn't open a lot of chances for that - one or two cool moments where she yells down a BBEG or makes the party listen to her sure, but a lover that does not make.

It's all about those moments, those displays of affection. How does she tell someone she loves them, or wants to love them?

>Does your ragtag team of murderhobos have a group name?

pic and filename related

"The Skelementals"

A squad of skeletons made by a wizard of questionable sanity, and surrounded by humorless meatbags who just want to ruin their fun.

Who the nep cares about pathfinder either.

Alright anons.

The BBEG has built castle at the point where 4 leylines meet, each of them at CL20 from being so old.

Create a caster enemy that can absolutely vaporize the entire party with the least amount of spells cast without moving from the center of the four ley lines.

How does your character dress for a fancy evening /pfg/?

>How does your character dress for a fancy evening?

Dapper.

Like so.

It often involves less clothes. And living garments.

>Babby's first character back in high school
He really doesn't--we never do anything but get shoved to encounters and then told we got treasure and XP.

>Tiefling Rogue/Swashbuckler
Makes sure he's cleaned all the blood off his clothes, tries not to eat any noble ladies' lapdogs this time.

>Human Barbarian/Bard/Dragon Disciple
Circlet, dress uniform, some kind of fancy longsword instead of the fuck-off giant dragon slayer he lugs around the rest of the time. Keeps his horns and scales polished.

>Human Cavalier
Can't afford new clothes, probably has to dig out some ill-fitting fashion from a couple dozen years ago. It's got too many chelish accents to it, probably has at least one pentagram he has to keep covered up by sitting against the wall or holding his hand on his shoulder.

The best part about never having to wear armor is getting to slip into the comfy stuff right quick!

That said, I expect long coats that produce a nice skirt effect, detailed with gold. Silk shirts, half-cloaks, and jewelry aplenty. Basically, all the stuff my tiny mind can't exactly write out right now, but he looks dashing dammit!

Stays on the ship. Between 7 cha and 8 dex a fancy evening is a recipe for disaster.

wouldn't know know a fancy outfit if it hit her up the head. Not that any good ones would fit without looking like a tent.

He may wash himself and puts on a fresh set of robes, if there are people he gives a shit about or people that my know people he gives a shit about attending.

Other than that, slap on some cologne to cover up the man stink, stick to walls, and nab some free food and booze.

So I may soon be playing a Mythic Wizard.

I am going with Archmage, but am wondering what I should prioritize for my Mythic Feats/Powers.

First off I am grabbing Wild Arcana because it's simply fantastic.

For powers I am thinking of Arcane Enduring, Crafting Mastery, and Flexible School from Archmage as well as Longevity as a general power.

First off I am grabbing Mythic Extend Spell because Extend Spell a best. Also Mythic Spell Lore.

I think the likely mythic rank will be 4th (haven't hears for sure yet).

Am I missing out of anything? Is there anything I should definitely grab instead?

>leader of hobgoblin KGB cell
Military if he is in his home country, waht ever is appropriate abroad.

>Nobleborn son of evil family in its twilight
High fashion, it changes each time and in character I spent probably 10kgp on outfits.

>THE IRON AGE/DARK IRON
As a gladiator he would probably be paraded around by his owner, wearing his battlegarb (full plate)

So do the Ulfen still raid shit?

Would they accept mercenary help in raiding shit?

>So do the Ulfen still raid shit?

They do! They absolutely still do! In fact, it's something of a stickler for the Ulfen on who they should raid and why!

Most raiding is done on the West coast, but White Estrid (Linnorm King of the Ironbound Islands) most famously sacked the Nidal city of Nisroth, broke the blockade at the Arch of Aroden, and sailed into Absalom to sell her well-plundered booty!

There's also, and this is a minor spoiler, an Ulfen shield-maiden you rescue from a gruesome fate in Jade Regent, her crewmen were raiding Varisia when they got attacked and tossed into some nasty dungeon. Kelda Oxgutter is her name!

>Would they accept mercenary help in raiding shit?

What's stopping this hypothetical character from actually being an Ulfen?

I don't want to be Ulfen.

*him to be Ulfen.

He should be a halfling. Viking Halfling

No, the character is human. Also, I don't really like small races.

I just need skeevy shit my character could have gotten into in Kalsgarde/Land of the Linnorm Kings. Assume he wasn't born there.

I mean, why? Is it a stylistic choice or something? I'll answer you now that yeah you can be a mercenary and go raiding, but it's kind of a treasured cultural thing for the Ulfen. Up there with blood-money and thralls.

>I just need skeevy shit my character could have gotten into in Kalsgarde/Land of the Linnorm Kings.

Define skeevy, because I know a place or three you could've run afoul.

Something an Oni or just some evil Tien guy would have someone do in exchange for a service/mentorship.

Working on a basic rundown for a character for RotJR

>Amireh Faria
>A Jel made in the fleshforges of Nex by a Keleshite wizard, as a personal servant/slave.
>Was raised to work under her 'master' as a spy and assassin, taught the basics of using latent psionic power as a weapon.
>He died the year she turned 17 - he was already up there in years and was in relatively poor health.
>Amireh ended up taking up at a calistrian temple where she started working as a 'sacred prostitute' also worked smalltime as a spy.
>Eventually someone tried to manipulate her with a charm person spell.
>This reminded her of her former master who she disliked.
>She tracks the man down, and murders him
>ends up leaving Nex.
>Spends the next ~40 years bouncing from country to country, mostly as just regular exploring the world, but occasionally fleeing just ahead of the law for having murdered someone who charmed her in her line of work.
>Isn't "impulsive" about her murders, but typically only kills when people choose to try and take what she would have given (mostly freely).
>Rescues an apprentice from slavery in Cheliax. Chooses to take him with her.
>Ends up in sandpoint ~2 years after the late unpleasantness and chooses to take work at the pixies kitten, living a mostly "quiet" life.

>Soulknife (War soul) || Vigilante (Serial killer).

She's a bit of a hedonist (which is why she does the work she does) and is entirely okay with drugs being used to loosen inhibitions, but has an extreme hatred for magical compulsions. She still feels quite youthful and truly enjoys her line of work and probably will for some time, as she has the life-span of an elf. She tries to keep her public persona and vigilante guise very separate, and she often pretends to be and disguises herself as a half-elf to avoid questions.

>Druid
Her cult's finest craftsmanship formed of vines, fungus, and living steel
>Duskblade
An armored coat decorated with simple silver and copper to look elegant and angular, probably of dwarven creation
>Warder
The in-setting equivalent of a button-up and slacks, since wearing armor 24/7 is tiring and she just wants to kick back and relax at the party instead

Tell us of the moments when you spent days or weeks thinking over a character, complete with a sheet and a backstory, only for all of that to turn to disappointment and a waste of time and effort.

Hard Mode: No games with many player applications.

I would give my recent anecdote if I was less down.

Hey, I'm somebody who's played a good bit of pathfinder and DM'd a while ago, but I'm looking to get back into things and learn more about the specifics of the game, and weird edge cases, and interesting stuff people have found. Does anyone just want to chat about it? I've been reading through the core rulebook a lot, but I don't have anyone to talk to right now.

my kik is ssbmforthenintendogc if anyone wants to

>The golden skull

We'd start moving the jaws of skeletons up and down when npcs talked too much. Then we found a golden skull.

Looks good, just make sure to give the character a reason to leave sandport. At the end of the day, it's a grand journey AP.

Wanderlust is mostly a good reason.

No, and they'd never agree on a name if they decided to have one.

Brawler (mine) would probably want something like "Sandpoint Comets," the dang Druid would have us be called "The Wolfpack" or something, and I can't guess what the Ranger or the Wizard would want for the life of me.

That works, nothing wrong with a character that just wants to see the world.

I need to become rage incarnate. I am playing gestalt.

Obviously one side is going to be barbarian, but what is the angriest barbarian archetype?

What other classes are angry that I can combine with it.

So i have a question, I havn't played the baba yaga adventure path, but Don't you go to WW1 era Earth, I just wanna know how they overcame the language barrier as golarion people dont speak english.

monks are considered pretty mad

You do so at higher level where spells like tongues, comprehend language, etc. are around. In addition some people on Earth are from Golarion and thus speak the proper languages.

You cheeky little thing, you.

what third party content do you have available?

DSP content for the most part, that's it.

Titan Mauler, hink about it. I'M SO MAD I'M A PICK UP THIS BIG THING AND BEAT YOU TO DEATH WIT IT.
As for the other class, I have a fondness for Two-handed Fighter, Which Can be pretty Angry, but might not be up to snuff if the game allows 3rd party. If it is, go fighter from PoW and learn the Primal Fury shit.

So /pfg/ do you ever accept restricted race lists, not for "balance" reasoning, but for in setting reasons?

I have had a lot of players get very angry at certain race lists. Particularly no inclusion of elves. I am up front about this, and have had on two occasions had people ask if they could play an elf anyway. When denied they threw tantrums and had to be removed.

In that case, there really aren't many ways to "get angry, become powerful" like you're looking to do. Barbarian Rage is almost all that's there.

I played a military officer bard who used Perform(Oratory) as his spellcasting performance.
His big deal was exhorting his team forward with encouraging words, threats, heroic speeches and describing opponent's weaknesses with bardic knowledge.

It's a bit of a stretch, I know, but I like to think of Perform(Oratory) as really any sort of performance that uses spoken words in non-song form.

I tend to like those. I generally ask why they're present, of course, but I tend to like worlds with consistent races in them.

The one thing I don't like is arbitrary limitation that doesn't seem to have an in-world reason. For instance, there was an user something like five or six threads ago that said "core races, but no half-breeds" despite there being both orcs and elves in the setting. That irks me mightily.

if anything it sounds like a really effective autism filter

you're the fucking GM
you do you

Literally NO ONE is capable of being a reasonable adult when you as a DM say "These are the allowed races in this game."

They will always throw a tantrum and cry and demand you change it or they quit. Always.

Yes, even you.

>The one thing I don't like is arbitrary limitation that doesn't seem to have an in-world reason. For instance, there was an user something like five or six threads ago that said "core races, but no half-breeds" despite there being both orcs and elves in the setting. That irks me mightily.
I was there for that argument.

It was humans and human offshoots, except for Half-Elves & Half-Orcs because no Orcs/Elves in the setting.

>>Amireh Faria
>>A Jel made in the fleshforges of Nex by a Keleshite wizard, as a personal servant/slave.

I don't care who you are, what your level of D&D experience, I will never accept something this ridiculous and bullshit as "Random commoner arriving/living in Sandpoint at level 1."

How the fuck complicated is it to make NORMAL FUCKING PEOPLE?

I don't. I'm willing to work with generally any race restrictions or custom races unless a particular one is exceedingly overpowered compared to others, but that's an issue with balance and not the race itself.

Huh. I must have missed that bit then. thanks for clearing it up.

RotJR is level 3 gestalt 25PB.

If she's literally just been traveling and fucking around for for 40 years with only the occasional bit of stabby time, it's not too unbelievable.

>RotJR is level 3 gestalt 25PB.

Sandpoint.

Normal. Fucking. People.

The character isn't from Sandpoint and there are plenty of Normal . Fucking. People. As normal as a level 3 gestalt character can be.

Maybe you should look up some of the other characters that have been made for that campaign before you bitch too loudly.

There's a shitton of tieflings, onispawn, aasimar, foxpeople, and other goofy stuff.

I apologize that I needed to come up with a conceivable origin for my homebrew race, and an explanation for how she got from point A to point B.

If its any consolation, it probably won't get picked or played but it has been fun to make.

Isn't that just proving his point?

>homebrew race

Oh yeah, you can fuck off forever.

Aasimar with Scion of Humanity are basically just normal humans anyways.

If it helps, the weird parts of my character are basically all external. She's just human with some psychic ability.

>person complains about whacky shenanigans
>someone states "i'm just matching the tone"
>YOU'RE PROVING HIS POINT!!!

How?

>There's a shitton of tieflings, onispawn, aasimar, foxpeople, and other goofy stuff.

>Town of like, 900~ humans, maybe an elf or dwarf and nothing else.
>Somehow a collection of literally "I'm the only one of these to exist in the world" races who just happen to show up at the same time.

Yeah, no. I like how you retards prioritize min-maxing and trying to make a character who arouses other players/posters rather than actually playing the setting.

No one is implying you're not having fun.

Just that your fun actively makes the world shittier for everyone else.

Don't worry about it.
It's just a samefag making it look like others agree with him.

Most of the applicants are human.

Shit wow, serious business. Excuse us.

>Hurrrr there's only one canon ever and GMs can't go out from that
>There are no such things as races that would be able to pass as human to a census but mechanically aren't human
>My fun's the only right way to play

Because no characters have been selected, there is no "tone". Then again the GM has implied he's down with someone playing a literal horse, so that might be moot.

The point being made was that /pfg/ doesn't make normal fucking people, saying people play goofy shit proves that.
>"I'm the only one of these to exist in the world"
Except none of those races are "I'm the only one that exists in the world"
>Yeah, no. I like how you retards prioritize min-maxing and trying to make a character who arouses other players/posters rather than actually playing the setting
As it stands the most "optimized" character is a human destruction sphere caster, most of the "lewd" characters are pretty sub-optimal. Not making a judgement on that one way or the other, but take that for what you will.

>prioritize min-maxing
I'm woefully incompetent at minmaxing, if anything I'm worried that I might make something that's underpowered simply because I liked the concept too much.

>trying to make a character who arouses other players/posters rather than actually playing the setting.
I made my character with [fun] in mind and to sort of match the tone that other people were going for.

The game is supposed to range from 'oh my that was slightly titillating' to 'full on ERP' based on what people want, to make something that refuses to even allow for the potential of either would be being a stick in the mud / wet blanket. No one likes a wet blanket.

So has anyone made a shortstack yet

>Except none of those races are "I'm the only one that exists in the world"
The jel might qualify for that, but it's at least plausible as a one-off because fleshforges are used to make shit like golems or one-off monsters.

How dare fantasy be fantastic. Human commoners only. No fun allowed.

Nope, just a qt ratfolk
but I wish

>As it stands the most "optimized" character is a human destruction sphere caster
The most optimized was Version 1 NToRacle with his +55 to any skill at level 3.

Is the Blood of the Beast PDF in the pastebin? I can't seem to find it but I know it has some vigilante shit I might want.

>As it stands the most "optimized" character is a human destruction sphere caster

Why does everyone give shit to Destruction blasters for being minmaxy? Even 2hu.

Depends on what you consider "most".

Doesn't matter, because NToRacle is also human. The whole "using exotic races to cheese shit" argument doesn't work in PF because humans ARE the strongest race.

Nice argument there sport, you don't sound like a fucking idiot at all.