Is he a Paladin or a Figher?

Is he a Paladin or a Figher?

Does he heal?

Paladin.

he traded in "lay on hands" for "force barrier" and a sword for his hammer.

but he's still a paladin

Stat-wise? Fighter obviously because Overwatch doesn't have magic (outside of Sombra's "hacking")
He's a paladin at heart though

He's German, i.e. a cuck

>Overwatch doesn't have magic
Ryuu ga waga teki WO KURAU

>it's an Everything Must Have Direct Analogues to D&D episode

He just wants to discuss non-tg here and is uselessly shoehorning in a dnd topic to try and justify that. Ignore and move on.

I was thinking archetypes...even in classless systems people know the sort of character you're playing if you say "paladin" or "Fighter"

armor-bro fights to defend the weak
he is the shield to his comrades in battle
he relishes a fair fight
he fights to honor his fallen
he holds Justice above all things

Better than the HURR DURR FOR DEE KAY crossover episodes, at least.

Destructive Wave
Paladin spell
Evocation

You strike the ground, creating a burst of divine energy that ripples outward from you. Each creature you choose within 30 feet of you must succeed on a Constitution saving throw or take 5d6 thunder damage, as well as 5d6 radiant or necrotic damage (your choice), and be knocked prone. A creature that succeeds on its saving throw takes half as much damage and isn’t knocked prone.

>HAMMER DOWN

RYUJIN NO KEN WO KURAE

Looking for analogues to D&D is fun.

Neither. It's not a traditional fantasy game so D&D classes are a worthless comparison.

Nanomachines son

Paladin. He shoots fireballs

Unlike a lot of stuff, there's no nanomachine justification for the Shimada bros' dragons or Zenyatta's powers. They straight up have spirit magic.

There's nothing Paladin-esque about Rein. He's just a fighter who likes justice. He doesn't get his abilities from a divinity or other higher power, he's not a member of a religious order, he hasn't sworn any sort of oath(Aside from the oaths anyone in the German military and Overwatch swears)

Well, he was a member of the Crusaders.

>They straight up have spirit magic.

[Citation Needed]

>Nanomachines son
I'm sorry to break it to you. It's actually magic unfortunately.

Then it shouldn't be hard to quote an official source calling it magic.

Blizzard has enough of a hard time confirming if Pharah is a quadriplegic or not with answers like the pic related.

They wont come out and say its magic. They won't say if its technology. But so far there are two guys who can make dragons appear, one guy who turns into literal smoke and a woman who can bring the dead back to life.

There isn't a source calling it nanomachines either.

Honestly, I think it falls under 'Hasn't been explained yet'. It's existed too long to be nanomachines as it's a multi-generation thing but it's also not really a setting with much overt magic yet just 'Maybe/sorta' stuff.

I think Mercy's stuff is nanomachines, but Hanzo and Genji are almost certainly weeaboo fighting magic.

I think assuming nanomachines or aliens is more logical than magic though. Nothing else in the setting suggests that wizards or magic exists, and it hardly fits the tone.

It could just as easily be mutant powers or some psionic projection. The exact technobabble isn't important, but the fact is that it's going to be technobabble in the long run

>a woman who can bring the dead back to life.

As a gameplay effect, within the last 15 seconds or so. Completely within the realm of Biotic assisted CPR.

>one guy who turns into literal smoke

Funny thing. Reaper actually legitimately is Nanomachines son. He's in a state of constant decay and regeneration which lets him do all his weird stuff.

>there are two guys who can make dragons appear

And it makes more sense that this is also science and technobabble rather than jumping to magic.

>I think assuming nanomachines or aliens is more logical than magic though. Nothing else in the setting suggests that wizards or magic exists, and it hardly fits the tone.

The timeframe doesn't really match nanomachines though. It's been going for generations and generations. Aliens are also very much not something that's even been hinted at with the setting.

I personally lean magic but there is enough of a lack of information that either is acceptable.

See later where I pointed out mutations or psionics. There are plenty of random sci-fi things it can be without resorting to magic.

>Aliens are also very much not something that's even been hinted at with the setting.

And magic is?

I'd say a Fighter that thinks he's a Paladin.
Or at least wants to be one.

Definitely. I like doing it for Borderlands and their 3 different flavors of Barbarian.

This. He holds Knightly values in very high esteem, but his power comes from his own skill, strength and equipment.

Well, it's certainly mystical in how they handle it.

Paladin, this should be a no brainer. He's even been likened to a german Don Quixote, though with less obvious psychological problems.

It's hardlight, like Symmetra. Except while her autism is about shapes, the Shimada's is about being the most HONOR possible, represented by dragons.

Weeaboos are not magic. Don't give them attention.

>Dragons are hardlight
Oh shit he figured it out

OW dudes with directly correlated D&D classes:
Lucio: Bard
Zenyatta: Monk
McCree: Gunslinger
Sombra: Rogue

and winston has barbarian levels for his Rage

all i can think of right now

>D&D is the only game allowed to have paladins

except the dragons seem to predate hardlight.

symmetra's company was the ones pioneering it IIRC and only lately, while the shimadas have had it long enough to have a legend explaining it.

besides, there is room in that universe for magic AND tech...

its the most fun way to think about. it for me at least.

He's clearly a street samurai

Soldier is the fightiest fighter that ever fought.

The dragons seem to have been around before hardlight was a thing.

Also, they literally drain the spirit from people.

They magic.

>it's an user Has a Petty Tantrum episode

your pic related confirms that pharah is not an amputee

God, I hate this episode so much.

It's like Metal Gear, some things are just magic.

Fighter, with the half caster class feature (Arcane Brawler iirc). He's not a holy warrior, and I'm not sure he's even good aligned.

Nigga, that basically says "No she's not amputee, that's just her armor"
Then they released a list of characters with confirmed cyber limbs where they listed stuff like Symmetra and McCree and omitted Lucio and Pharah.
THEN they just gave us this spray.
You amputee fags have got to let it go.

Weaponmaster or Warrior. Almost all the others are Technicians.
Mercy and Mei are Warlocks, the former cherry picked heals, the latter grabbed ice spells.
Zenyatta is a Tao. Bastion is technically a Warrior, as is Zarya.
Widow's an Assassin or Shadow.

Paladins get his hammer in WoW. I'd say he's a Paladin.

I never said I believed she was an amputee. I just wanna point out how ambiguous blizzard can be in giving an answer.

Except for they weren't ambiguous about Pharah. They have clearly stated that it's just the suit.

Zenyatta is the same as Reinhardt though, he's only a monk in flavour. None of his abilities or fighting style are similar to dnd monks.

Zenny is not a monk. He's a Psion.
>floating through mental focus
>telekinetic weapons
>psychic healing powers

I have a system that'll make this much easier if you're wanting to simulate these characters.

>implying Overwatch isn't just a high level Shadowrun game

>imfuckingplying
Blizzard doesn't have enough style to do Cyberpunk

Overwatch is heavy on the Cyber, light on the Punk. Tech is advanced, but society barely changed. Still it beats not sticking to the dystopia of chrome and grime like every other sci-fi schlock.

>Overwatch is heavy on the Cyber, light on the Punk
So is Justice League Unlimited, does that make it cyberpunk?

>Overwatch is heavy on the Cyber, light on the Punk.
And it skipped out completely on quality or flavor!

>Zenyatta is a monk
>His effective attacks are all ranged, best at mid-long
>He heals or debuffs from long range
>He can occasionally heal in a big AoE
He's some sort of weird psionic kineticist with healing abilities. Definitely not a D&D kung fu monk- though his personality and flavor work great for them.

He's a nazi

/thread

For a semi-pacifistic monkish person, Zenyatta hits surprisingly hard, too.

I guess steel ball to the face is an universal language.