/swg/ - Masters of Teräs Käsi Edition

Previous thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: We are Release Day+2 on Rogue One. Please exercise proper spoiler usage when discussion it. That is all, people.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/8MIqz
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I was a bit surprised they used the whole Mujahedeen look for the extremists Rebels. I mean they are still the good guys even though they are extremists.[/spoilers]

>Rebels
>Good Guys

it was an interesting choice. I think their willingness to kill bystanders and comfort with hurting people in the way of their missions is a really good demonstration of the differences between the various rebel factions. Hearing rebel leaders later discussing surrender amongst alliance personnel was also very interesting.

r1 did an excellent job of fleshing out the rebel alliance like it was in the eu, comprised of several disparate groups with different motivations and end games in mind

oh wait rogue one is out? shit. should i watch it in theatres or just pirate?

I kinda assumed it was very much a "Come as you are" modification, I mean, at least the MC-80's make some small efforts at standardization.

Knock it off.

Is based Garm back?

I just realized I probably won't be able to see the movie until the DVDs hit anyway, so might as well get the spoilers over with.

Theater. It's great.

It looks pretty good.

It would be neat if the whole thing can be detached, and then with the big ship hangar it would make it really easy to abandon ship.

No. But Saw feels a lot like him, now. He's described as a more militant offshoot of the Rebellion that doesn't play along with the rest of the cool kids.

Go watch it in theaters. I've only seen the non-3D version (yet) so i can't speak how for good the 3D is but the regular version is a really good movie.

Garm himself isn't there I think. This was a few days before ANH, so he could still definitely fit in the timeline. he could even be another extremist faction like Saw's group, since they're implied to be a few other extremist factions (I think mon mothma describs Saw as 'one of' the extremist factions who left the rebellion)

Garm is a no-show, but we do get a General Syndulla name-drop and based Tarkin on screen.

i'm with this user. saw, although ideologically different from garm (more spies and insanity, less mon mothma's a cunt), seems to fulfill the same sort of narrative

Theater, worth it super hard. Better than Force Awakens.

>Rebels cast
Meh.
>Tarkin
Neat. Heard that Cushing's likeness was going to be included. I'm guessing from the warm reception that they did it well.

Is he still glorious Corellian freedom-flavored or is he one of the potentially objectionable Space Mujahideen mentioned in a previous post? I haven't kept up with character names outside of Biggs, Discount Jan, and Diet Kyle.

Nobody in Rebels actually shows up, just a couple shots of a VCX and Hera's name over the comms.

Leader of the space mujahedin. Really sad about no based Garm, tho.

Chopper actually buzzes by in one scene

How are the T-65 pilots? Worthless redshirts or cool enough for one to be hopeful for another XWM T-65 box?

We'll definitely see Blue Squadron

Press 'F' to pay respects.

Space Mujahideen who, for no good reason, let's himself be blown up, so kind of a letdown. We did get a new Mon Cal admiral who's fucking great and managed to take down two ISDs with masterful tactical application of Y-Wing bombing runs and actual, corvette-to-destroyer RAMMING SPEED. Also Vader being badass. The Tarkin cameos were done through CGI application on an actor's face. Well done but kinda noticeable.

Saw is a soldier who's been fighting for 23 legs. Both his legs and potentially his lungs and more are all gone, replaced by cybernetics. he leads the Mujahadeen rebels on Jedha, and its hard to say just how much his acceptance of collateral damage is because of a star destroyer that sits overhead or his usual play. Jyn is basically his adopted child, its implied he ditched her because his people wanted to use her as ransom since she's the daughter of an imperial scientist. He dies on Jedha yelling for Jyn to save the rebellion and the dream, and watching a cloud of death approach him to kill him. Its hard to say.

red squadron shows up, including Wedge on a radio. Blue Squadron is a mixed squad of U-wings and X-wings, and get some awesome scenes. They show up during the briefings, and while they all die they help keep the TIE strikers off of the ground troops, take down a number of AT-ACTs, and knock out a Star Destroyer's shield generator. We also see the Red 5 Luke takes the place of.

>F
I wish Imwe survived. I loved his character

Believe it or not, Gold Squadron's Y-Wings are instrumental, whereas the X-Wings play second fiddle. Also noticed the Tierfon Yellow Aces on someone's helmet.

Fuck, this thread has more black bars than a CIA document.

Hold the fuck up, they actually brought Denis Lawson back? How much money did they throw at him?

The urge to open up these spoilers before seeing the movie is rising, might have to leave the /swg/ for a bit.

Sadly its just someone calling for Red 2 and a radio response, although we also see Red Leader and Gold Leader.

>whereas the X-Wings play second fiddle
they were helpful planetside. and red squadron outside of luke and wedge sort of sucked dick in anh

Oh. Still neat. Same actors as in the OT but with CGI youth treatment?

Name drop, but no actual voice, buddy. Also might have been a reference to Captain Antilles of the Tantive IV, because we also get a Leia cameo. We do get cameos for Red Leader and Gold leader from Ep IV and I'm fairly certain I saw Biggs' manly mustache at some point.

I think it's clever editing from actual Ep IV footage for the pilots, Leia is CGI.

Just those guys or does the movie also herald the return of the Porkmaster?

it was weird. they had a bit of a filter on them, it might have very well been the original actors or they might have wholesale lifted some of the shots from ANH and messed with them. I personally would guess actors with some filtering and CGI work, but it could be as says.

No Porks were harmed during the making of this movie, but we see the previous holder of the Red 5 title and I'd say he's a solid contributor to Porkin's memetastic legacy

I am 90% sure they straight up used ANH footage for Red Leader Pops and Gold leader. The lighting completely changes and the stars in the background seem a little more dated. not sure about Biggs. Tarkin and Leia were CGI, Tarkin';s was great but a little TOO animated at times, Leia's was not animated well at all.

>I'm guessing from the warm reception that they did it well.

It's obviously fake but still remarkably well done considering. Like 99.5% realistic. And for the treat of getting Cushing's likeness in a new Star Wars movie I was personally willing to overlook the remaining .5%.

my place of employment just announced a free employee screening. During the second watch through I'll pay close attention to that and see if I can provide a better answer.

I still will see it again with friends, probably not going to buy tickets the second time, I'm still mad about some of disney's employment policies.

>my place of employment just announced a free employee screening
where the fuck do you work?

It's interesting, I actually thought Leia's was the better of the two. Although I admit I chaulked that up to the fact that she was on screen for far less time and did far less than Tarkin did.

Also, I vote we drop spoiler text by this time tomorrow. Anyone who hasn't seen it by that point and doesn't want to be spoiled should really just have the common sense to not be poking around in a 'Star Wars General'.

>I'm still mad about some of disney's employment policies.
??
care to elaborate?

>Disney's employment policies
>mfw planning on applying for an entry-level position at Disney
Anything an aspiring office grunt should be worried about?

I disagree, end of the weekend at the earliest if not the next week.

Making people train their indentured-servant replacements brought in from India on H1B visas that are specifically for jobs that don't have Americans and then bribing a judge to pretend that they DIDN'T lie on those visa forms.

>Also, I vote we drop spoiler text by this time tomorrow
what you dont like reading about REDACTED and having it all interrupted by REDACTED

Movie Theater. Up until this morning Disney was saying we couldn't do our usual pre movie release employee screenings. they just relented.

>Making people train their indentured-servant replacements brought in from India on H1B visas
that sounds like both the old employee and the new employee are getting fucked

Well presumably the new employee is slightly less fucked than they were in the pollution related mutation capitol of the world.

But if they step out of line and Disney fires them? They get deported immediately, hence "Indentured Servant."

Is there a screencap?

ADMIRAL Syndulla. The distinction is important -- GENERAL Syndulla would likely be Cham. Admiral all but has to be Hera.

I posted in last thread but only got one reply.

Can I please have some ideas for a Lore Heavy themed Force and Destiny campaign? I want to take my players on a journey into the past where Sith and Jedi are rooted in deep seeded mystery and legend, where beasts of the tales told around camp fires roam, and where magical artifacts can be found.

I don't really see what the point is; it's all we're going to be discussing anyways so it's not like they'll be coming here anyways.

I suppose it could be argued that we're protecting those who are scrolling through Veeky Forums in general but really anyone attempting to avoid spoilers from any significant work of media should just avoid Veeky Forums in general.

Ah, fuck it, until after the weekend it is.

>Making people train their indentured-servant replacements brought in from India on H1B visas
>Fucking with the courts
Motherfuckers. There's corporate pragmatism and then there's being a colossal cunt.

Saw can barely walk, or breath. He definitely can't run. There's no way he'd have survived, even if he tried.

The Captain Antilles name-drop was the Antilles from Leia's blockade runner.

Since it's not really a spoiler:

I'd argue the Tarkin parts were incredibly well done. There were a few moments that you could tell it was CGI, but only a few. He DID chew up the scenery a tad, and was a bit too expressive -- Cushing was a master of showing a full range of emotion with the quirk of an eyebrow. It was still fucking uncanny, like they threw him on ice in '77 and thawed him last year.

The line was "General Syndula."

In a galaxy where anti-gravity repulsor tech, mechanized limbs and flying droids exist, I find it just a tad difficult to believe that a well known, active soldier/leader/veteran can't just keep a bloody hoverchair handy, especially if his life functions depend on a weird breathing apparatus

Such items would have a negative effect on troop morale if kept at hand. Better to be seen as invulnerable than frail.

Is it the method they used to get Arnie in the recent terminator movie?

Hey troopers. I'm looking to run a star wars game for some friends and I was thinking of having the PCs as a squad of Storm troopers (I'm thinking post rogue one, but pre death star vs. Alderaan). Any ideas or resources I should incorporate? I'm trying to get as much as I can from pic related, but what are some good ways to keep being a storm trooper interesting? Help me /swg/, you're my only hope.

Was it? I heard "Admiral". I see other sources posting "General", so I could've misheard. Someone will have a transcript on the short.

She was definitely General, the Admiral was the new Mon Cal.

Your campaign is going to last like 20 minutes?

>post rogue one, but pre death star vs. Alderaan

That's like 48 hours total, dude.

I mean there's no CONCRETE proof they bribed thejudge, but H1B requires you to affirm that you could not find americans for the job, and if you JUST FIRED Americans from that job you clearly lied on your H1B paperwork.

The face was great, but yeah the part I liked least was how much he moved.

That's when it starts, but it'll lead into episode 4 and continue from there

Alright, now I'm reading reports that the Ghost was visible during the battle of Scarif. Did anyone see if it managed to punch out before Vader curbstomped the fleet?

I didn't keep track but probably. Only a few ships impacted on Vader's ISD I did like how Rogue 1 made the ISD1 guns very distinctive. Though the ISDs seemed a little short in some scenes.

The only problem is **it didn't get destroyed so the terrible show it's from isn't over yet.**

(intentional spoiler fuckup possibly)

Im just going to pretend it god destroyed with all hands on board. It answer that "why the fuck arnt those 2 jedi training Luke" perfectly.

edgy

That's unlikely they may have already died or dropped out. After all It makes the gravity they had about hauling out Obi-Wan fit better.

It's pretty much a given that not!Rahm Kota and Darth Whinypants will either wind up dead or somewhere so far off the map it won't matter.

It would be better if they were already dead I agree

I hope the Partisan with a stolen repainted scouttrooper helmet gets a page in the visual dictionary.

Speaking of those guys, when did their X-Wing even show up in the movie? I never noticed it.

Crashed, that's all I saw.

I'm more upset that some of them don't show up later, like say joining in on Scariff.

Which bearded Rebel was Dodonna? The talky one or the quiet guy in the back?

I want to play a mid-to-high powered game of Age of Rebellion, while letting people dip into some of the other books as well. How much EXP should I be giving to my players for this to build characters?

Quite one if I remember right

imgur.com/a/8MIqz

More stuff from the Visual Dictionary. The creature design is on point. Pablo did really well with the character bios as well.

And MY bookstore refused to break the street date by even a few hours.

darth vader's first appearance is fucking amazing. I love his bants with Krennic.

I keep looking for some good HD shots of the Rebel OPERATORs. I need a shopping list when I go dive surplus stores. Next up: a DEATH FROM ABOVE Aurebesh stencil.

More? Where's the earlier stuff?

Definitely on my shopping list, those books just seem to have all kinds of random-fact stuff in them for ideas that I can steal for games.

Vader... hoooly shit! If people haven't seen the movie I'm not going to spoil it for them, its impressive.
We've seen Vader beat people up, choke bitches and a few other things, but he really gets let off the chain to fuck some shit up.

>Your party sees Vader come down down the hallway
>Roll to see who dies first

I saw it in the background of one scene. It was quick.

>tfw when after rogue one you get the urge to play EoTE but you remember no one plays EoTE in your area.

Is Armada fun?

How does it compare to Xwing?

I felt like I was pushed into my seat by the tension I felt in that scene. The god damn pure terror and panic in the Rebels. When that last Rebel realizes its all over for him and just passes the data in the hope it may make a difference.

So, evanzavan is running the same brainstealing scam he was in legends! and the talking guy WAS Dodona.

Deathtroopers are my favorite type of trooper now, even if they don't really do shit. They just have a grace of motion to them that belies their athleticism and power, like real SAS types.

According to the visual dictionary, they're not just Krennic's, either. They're the best of the best, and used to guard critical operations and high profile Imperial leaders.

Not to mention, they're augmented with classified cybernetics. And DAT VOICE SCRAMBLER.

Pic related: 6'5" and made of durasteel.

LMAO2stock aside they are pretty amazing. I like shoretroopers and drivers too.

Though I wish they gave the drivers the Snowtrooper/veers chestplate.

Also in the Visual Dictionary, they reference an earlier use of the name "Death Trooper," and tie it in with the old Legends undead zombie death troopers.

They're named after zombies, because Palpatine understand the power of symbols... and because they're said to be immortal.

Their unit is TI-23 "The Undying"

Squeee.

Wqit a minute, that's not the same driver helmet as the tank pilot. That's just a shoretrooper helmet painted white! The visor is too tall.